初 三 练 考 试 题
( ) 1. — I can’t decide which film to watch? — __________ you read the film review?
A. Why don’t B What about C. Perhaps D Why not
( ) 3. The price of the book is ____________so I would rather not buy it.
A. low B. high C. cheap D. expensive
( ) 4. People remember Audrey __________ a great actress and a great humanitarian.
A. both B. for C. to D. as
( ) 5. ___________ the age of 12, Thomas Edison started writing his own newspaper.
A. On B. By C. At D. In
( ) 6. Mr.Green __________ be in the office. I saw him in the supermarket a moment ago.
A. mustn’t B shouldn’t C. can’t D. needn’t
( ) 7. He devoted all his lifetime ___________ children.
A. educate B. education C. to educating D. educating
( ) 8. Do you know what __________ before you __________?
A. has happened; came B. is happening; come
C. had happened; came D. happened; had come
( ) 9. How long ___________ you ____________the fine weather _______?
A. did; think; will last B. do; think; will last C. do; think; last D. are; thinking; will last
( ) 10. — Did you see him when you were in Shenyang?
— No, when I got to Shenyang, he __________ Hangzhou.
A. had been to B. has been to C. has gone to D. had gone to
( ) 11. — What did Jim think of the match?
— He said he ____ never _____such an exciting match before.
A. has; seen B. had; seen C. hasn’t; seen D. hadn’t; seen
( ) 12. Look at the sign! It says “ No smoking”! You _____________ smoke here. It’s dangerous.
A. shouldn’t B. ought not to C. don’t have to D. mustn’t
( ) 13. He made his final _____________ last winter and ____________ from then on.
A. appear; disappeared B. appearance; disappeared
C. disappearance; appeared D. appearance; appeared
( )14. We ________ about 1200 English words by the end of last term.
A. learn B. have learned C. had learned D. learned 1
( ) 15. ________I take the library book with me?
No, you mustn’t. You ___________ read it only here.
A. Must; can B. May; can C. Need; must D. Must; must
( ) 16. Could you tell me ____________?
A. what’s the matter with you B. what was the matter with you
C. what the matter with you is D. what the matter with you was
( ) 17. The documentary about nature ____________ for ten minutes when we got there.
A. began B. had begun C. has began D. had been on
( ) 18. Bob’s wife thought Bob____ the wallet, so she brought it over to him.
A. will need won’t need C. would need D. wouldn’t need
( ) 19. There is ___________ sheep eating grass at the foot of the hill.
A. little B. a few C a little D. few
( ) 20. What do you think __________ protect our environment?
A. should we do B we should do C. should we do to D. we should do to
( ) 21. We ___________ six units by the end of last week.
A. had learned B. learned C. have learned D. was learning
( ) 22. The scientists made ___________ possible to breathe under the water for a long time.
A. that B. that’s C. it D. it’s
( ) 23. She won an Oscar for Best Actress and ____________ Oscar nominations.
A. more four B. four more C. four others D. four another
( ) 24. __________ her acting years, she brought people many interesting characters.
A. Though B. Throughout C. Since D. Past
( ) 25. The World of Dinosaurs is an amazing film which bring dinosaurs ___________
A. live B. lively C. alive D. living
( )26. ---Our holiday was ________. ---Yes, I’ve never had _________.
A. such great; the better one B. greatly; a good one
C. so great; a better one D. very good; the best one
( )27. Jim turned off the lights and then _______ the classroom.
A. was left B. had left C. has left D. left
( )28. I believe that those mountains ________ with trees in a few years.
A. are covered B. will be covered C. are covering D. will cover
( )29. When I got to his home, he _______ for three hours.
A. had left B. left C. had been away D. has been away
( )30. ---Did you catch the train yesterday?
--- No. It when I to the station.
A. left; got B. had left; got C. left; had got D. was left; was getting
( )31. The girl devoted all her time she had ___________ others.
A. to help B. helping C. helped D. to helping
( )32. My father is considering _________.
A. to give up smoking B. giving up to smoke
C. giving up smoking D. to give up to smoke
( )33. The film _________ is very funny.
A. it B. its C. it’s D. itself
( )34. When the teacher enter_____ the classroom, the students were talking noisily.
A. into B. in C.\ D. on
( )35. Ought you _________ hands before you have meals?
A. not wash B. wash C. washing D. to wash
( )36. We have ___a lot of wild animals, because of the ____ of their living areas.
A. lose; loss B. lost; lose C. lose; lost D. lost; loss
( )37. He told me that he ________the party for two years.
A. had been in B. has been in C. had joined D. has taken part in
( )38. He couldn’t buy the dictionary because he had ________ money with him.
A. a few B. few C. a little D. little
( )29．There’s____________“h”in the word“hour”．
A．a B．an C．the D．／
( )30. She remembers Susan left _______ a very cold morning of January.
A. in B. on C. at D. from
1. The law came into _________ (作用)last month.
2. The knock on the door broke the ___________(寂静) of the night.
3. The students all stood up when the teacher _______ （进入）the classroom.
4. Mr Green put a lot of ______（努力）into arranging the concert.
5. The world ______（哀悼）the loss of a great humanitarian.
6. China is trying her best to develop its agriculture and ________(工业).
7. He worked very hard, and _______(赚到) a lot of money.
8. Gong Li is a famous Chinese _______ (演员).
9. The old man died of ________ (癌症).
10. Girls mostly like ________ (浪漫的) films.
11. How ___________ ( luck ) you are to get such a good job!
12. I believe Gong Li’s ______________ ( act ) skills will become even _________ ( good ) in the future.
13. ____________ ( act ) films with __________ ( fight ) have a bad ____________ ( affect ) on people, especially teenagers.
14. We like romantic films because they usually have happy____________( end ).
15. You have to keep ___________ ( quiet ) while you __________ ( watch ) the film.
16. Daniel arrived out of _________ ( breathe ) because he had gone wrong.
17. Audrey’s ____________( achieve ) went beyond the film industry.
18. Water sports, especially surfing _________( attract ) large numbers of ________ ( visit ) every year.
19. He often reminds me to pay attention to ___________ ( listen ) carefully.
20. She put all her effort into ballet ____________ ( train ) before she entered the film industry.
21.Tigers are in danger because of the ____________( lose ) of __________ ( live ) areas
22.He would rather ____________( study ) instead of___________( daydream)
23.Thanks to science, the world ____________( it ) is becoming a much smaller place.
24.At the age of 63, Audrey passed away ___________ ( peace ) in her sleep.
25. The girl is well known for her ___________( beautiful). 59. His _______(die) was a great loss to the whole world.
26.The meat has gone _____________( bad ) . It smells __________( terrible ).
27. Many film stars had been ______(sing) before they entered the film industry.
28. Audrey Hepburn’s great ________ (achieve) is to be a humanitarian.
29.To improve your English, you ought to watch more___________( west ) films.
30. She insisted on ___________(finish) the task by herself.