Teaching contents: Self check & Reading
Review of the ways of learning English mentioned in SectionA and Section B Step1 Self check SB Page 7 , Part 1 .
1. Students finish it on their own first ,then check the answers with the whole class .
2. Ask some students to make their own sentences with these words orally . (Answer to Activity 1: 1. write down 2. spell 3. join 4. found 5. feels) Step 2 Writing SB Page 7 , Part 2 .
1. First，read the instructions and explain something in the notes .
2. Ask students to write an article .
3. Ask someone to read his article to the class .
Step 3 Pre-reading
Get the students to underline all the new words appearing on page 8&9 ,then read and explain for the students.
1. deal with (how to deal with) do with (what to do with)
2. unless = if... not ( leads a conditional adverbial clause)
4. deal with
5. try one’s best to do sth
6. be angry with
7. It’s our duty to do sth
8. complain about compare … to …
9. change … into …
10. think about
11. go by
12. develop – developing—developed –development
Step 4 Homework
SB Page 6 , 3c . Have students finish the article as their homework .