Section A 3a , 3b , 4.
1. Learn these new words:
specific, memorize , grammar , differently , frustrate , frustrating , quickly, add
1. Talk about the way of learning English well by reading or writing an article. Important and difficult points:
Structures: 1. S+ think(s) + a present participle phrase+ is/ was a great/ bad way to do…
2. find + O + Oc
Teaching procedures :
Step 1 Revision
Ask some students how they study English , get them to answer individually . Step 2 Fast reading
Get the students to underline the following new words in the article in 3a on page 4 as quickly as possible
specific, memorize , grammar , differently , frustrate , frustrating , quickly, add Step 3 Word learning
Get the students to read the new words after you ,explain the use of some new words for the students.
frustrate –frustrating – frustrated ; quickly –soon --fast , add + a clause ; add… to…
SB Page 4 , 3a .
1. First ,ask one volunteer to read the article aloud to the class .
2. Have students read through the passage one or two times and complete the chart on their own .
3. Correct the answers .
The students read the article in 3a aloud. Help them to understand some complicate sentences:
1. Lilian Li said , for example , said , the best way to learn new 2. 3. Step 3 Pairwork
SB Page 4 , 3b .
1. Read the instructions to the class and ask a pair of students to practice the sample conversation .
2. Then in pairs ,have students make their own conversation according to activity 3a .
3. Ask some pairs to present their conversations .
SB Page 4 , Part 4 .
1. Ask students to check what they do to learn English in the chart .Then get them to work in pairs to interview their partner .
2. Call some pairs to act out their dialogues in front of the class .
Step 4 Follow –ups
Complete the exercises in Follow-ups for Section Aon B4 in Student Times . Homework