（二） Unit 1 (20分钟 Section B 50分)
1. New t______ usually begins on September 1st. Students go
to the higher grade.
2. It doesn’t m_____ if you don’t know the way to do it. I
can help you.
答案：1. term 2. matter
3. If you are more careful, you will make few m______. 4. Don’t tell anybody about it. Just keep the s______
between you and me.
5. The young man ran away when he r_____ what had
答案：3. mistakes 4. secret 5. realized
write down, later on, laugh at, take notes, look up
1. _____ this word in the dictionary and then tell me its
2. She is listening to the teacher carefully and ____ at the same
3. Have you _____ Mr Wang’s telephone number? I’d like to get it, too. 答案：1. Look up 2. taking notes 3. written down
4. We shouldn’t _____ those disabled(残疾的）people. Instead, we should try to help them.
5. It’s raining outside. But the radio says it’ll get sunny
______ . 答案：4. laugh at 5. later on
1. Our party usually _____ a beautiful song. A. begin to C. begin with B. begins to D. begins with
2. I’ll give a talk tomorrow. I’m thinking about _____ . A. what to say C. what can I say B. how to say D. how can I say
3. I haven’t had breakfast. My mother hasn’t, ______ . A. too B. also C. either D. as well
4. If we want to work for our country in the future, _____ , we
should have a strong body and rich knowledge.
A. first of all
C. after all
B. at first
D. in fact
5. We have a lot of trouble ______ to the top of the hill before eight o’clock. A. get B. to get C. got D. getting
Ⅳ. 完成句子(3分钟，10分） 1. 对他来说，让家人快乐更重要。 It’s more important _____ ______ ______ make his family happy.
Her sister doesn’t know ______ ______ ______ this
答案：1. for him to 2. how to use
3. 你最好找些可以写的纸。 You’d better get some paper _____ _____ _____ . 4. 对汤姆来说，他是否被邀请去参加她的派对，并不重要。 _____ _____ _____ to Tom if he will be invited to her party. 5. 有些学生的英语发音不准确。 Some students can’t ____ their English pronunciation_____. 答案：3. to write on 4. It doesn’t matter 5. get; right
Ⅴ. 完形填空(4分钟，10分） How I learned to learn English Last year my English class was difficult. it wasn’t easy for me 2 1 (one) of all,
(understand) the teacher when she
talked. To begin with, she spoke too quickly, and I
not) understand every word. 4
(late) on, I realized that it
doesn’t matter if you don’t understand every word. I was also afraid to speak in class, because I thought my classmates might laugh at 5 (I). I couldn’t always make complete
sentences, 6 (too). Then I s
tarted to watch English-language
TV. It helped a lot. I think that doing lots of
practice is one of the 8 (secret) of becoming a good language
learner. Another thing that I found very
English grammar. So I decided to take lots of grammar notes in every class. Then I started to write my own original
sentences using the grammar I was learning. It’s amazing
how much this helped. Now I am enjoying 10 (learn)
English and I got an A this term. My teacher is very impressed. 1. ______ 2.______ 3.______ 4._____ 5. ______ 6. ______ 7.______ 8._____ 9. ____ 10. _____
2. to understand
Ⅵ. 阅读理解(4分钟，10分） One evening I visited the English corner of our town. It is near our school. There are many trees, flowers and a nice
ground there. Every evening, many people go there to practice
their English, but I never went there before. When I arrived, many people were already(已经)there. I looked around and found that most of them were students. Some of them talked in English in twos and threes. To my
surprise, I found three foreigners talking and smiling with
some students who listened with great interest. Just then, a
tall student came to me and asked, “Shall we have a talk in
English? ”My heart beat very fast at that moment because it
was the first time for me to visit the English corner. Anyway, I said “Yes”. Soon we talked freely about our studies, lives,
hobbies and our problems of learning English. Time went fast,
and it was already 11 o’clock before I realized it. I enjoyed myself there and was glad to learn a lot at the English corner. I understood the famous saying “Practice makes perfect. ”
1. Why do many people go to the English corner?
A. Because they would like to visit that nice ground there.
B. Because they would like to improve their English.
C. Because they would like to make friends with foreigners.
D. Because they would like to have a talk in Chinese with
2. Most of the people were _____ at the English corner.
A. workers C. foreigners B. teachers D. school students
3. The writer talked with a student about their ____ in English. A. homework, lives, hobbies and problems of learning maths
B. friends, lives, hobbies and problems of learning Chinese
C. teachers, lives, hobbies and problems of learning English
D. studies, lives, hobbies and problems of learning English
4. What’s the meaning of “Practice makes perfect”?
A. 实践出真知 C. 熟能生巧 B. 身体力行 D. 完美无缺
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to
the passage? A. Three foreigners talked with some students. B. A tall foreigner came to the writer and talked with him in English. C. The writer went to the English corner for the first time. D. The writer had a good time at the English corner.