How often do you exercise?
Section B Period 1（1a—2e）
What do you eat every day?
How often do people eat / drink it?
Most people drink milk every day.
Some people never eat junk food.
vegetables Most people often eat vegetables.
Most people eat fruit every day.
Some people drink coffee every day.
How many hours do you sleep every night?
I sleep eight hours every night.
1a Match the words with the pictures.
1. ____ junk food 3. ____ fruit 5. ____ sleep b e f 2. ____ milk 4. ____ vegetables 6. ____ coffee a c d
good for our health
bad for our health
Ask and answer questions. Use the words from 1a. A: How often do you drink milk, Liu Fang? B: I drink milk every day. A: Do you like it? B: No. But my mother wants me to drink it. She says it’s good for my health.
once a month
A: How often do you eat junk food? B: Once a month. A: Do you like it? B: Yes. But my mom says it’s not good for my health.
fruit every day
A: How often do you eat fruit? B: I eat fruit every day. A: Do you like it? B: Yes. I like it very much. And it’s good for my health.
1c Listen to an interview about two people’s daily habits. Circle your answer to each question.
Does Tina have good habits? Does Bill have good habits? Yes. Yes. No. No. I don’t know. I don’t know.
1d Listen again. Fill in the blanks in the survey.
1. How often do you exercise?
2. How often do you eat fruit? 3. How many hours do you sleep every night? 4. How often do you drink milk? 5. How often do you eat junk food? 6. How often do you drink coffee?
Tina every day _____________ _____________ _____________ _____________ _____________ _____________
Bill _____________ _____________ _____________ _____________ _____________ _____________
Student A is the reporter. Student B is Tina or Bill. Ask and answer questions. Then change roles.
A: How often do you exercise? B: I exercise every day. A: And how often do you …?
How often do you …?
How often do you …?
New words and phrases
percent online television although through mind n. adj. n. prep. conj. n.
百分之?? 在线的；联网的 电视节目；电视机 虽然；尽管；即使 以；凭借；穿过 头脑；心智
body n. such adj. & pron. such as together adv. die v. writer n.
身体 这样的；那样的；类似的 例如；像??这样 在一起；共同 消灭；灭亡；死亡 作者；作家
Rank these activities according to how 2a often you think your classmates do them (1=most often, 6=least often).
play computer games
go to the movies
exercise or play sports
use the Internet
go camping in the country
Read the article and mark True (T) or False (F).
F 1. We found that twenty percent of our students exercise every day. T 2. Ninety percent of the students use the Internet every day. F 3. Most students use the Internet for homework. F 4. Only twen
ty percent of the students watch TV two or three times a week. T 5. Do exercise is healthy for the mind and the body.
2b Read the article and complete the pie charts on Page 14.
3 4 6
2c Read the article again and answer the questions.
1. How many percent of the students do not exercise at all?
2. How many percent of the students use the Internet every day?
3. How often do most students watch TV? What do they usually watch? 4. What does the writer think is the best way to relax? Why? 5. Do you think the students at No. 5 are healthy? Why or why not?
1. not…at all 用于否定句，意为“根本不、 一点也不”。如： It wasn’t difficult at all. 这一点也不难。 There was nothing to eat at all. 根本没什么可吃的。 To try and fail is better than not to try at all. 尝试而失败也比不尝试好。
注：在否定句中，at all 可位于句末， 也可跟在否定词后。如： He isn’t tired at all. / He’s not at all tired. 他一点也不累。
另外，在口语中单独说 not at all, 可用来回 答感谢或道歉。如： A：Thank you very much. 多谢你了。 B：Not at all. 不客气。 A：I’m sorry to keep you waiting. 对不起，让你久等了。 B：Oh, not at all. 噢，没关系。
1. 我一点也没生气。 I am not angry at all. 2. 他们一点也不喜欢牛奶。 They don’t like milk at all. 3. 休一点也不喜欢语文。
Sue doesn’t like Chinese at all.
--- Do you mind if I turn on the TV? A --- ______. My father is sleeping. (2011年 重庆市中考) A. Better not. B. Not at all. C. No, I don’t mind. D. That’s all right. — Would you mind my taking this seat? B — ______.（2010年巴中市中考） A. Sorry, I can’t B. No, not at all C. It’s a pleasure
2. at least 至少 例如： We should brush our teeth at least twice a day. 我们每天应该至少刷两次牙。 A good cigarette will smoke at least ten minutes. 一支好烟至少可以抽10分钟。 反义短语：at most 至多
3. although 虽然；尽管 例如： Although my uncle is old, he looks very strong and healthy. 我的叔叔虽然老了，但他看上去还是很 健壮。 注意： although引导的从句不能与but, however连用，但可与yet, still连用。
_______ he is ill, _______ he goes to school. A. Although, but B. /, / C. Although, / D. But, although C although 表示“仍然”，不能和but同时 使用。 I’m not very strong, ____ I usually exercise . A. because B. and C. although C 前后意义有转折。
4. It is + adj. to do sth. 干某事是?? 例如： It is interesting to play computer games. 玩电脑很有趣。 -It is very important _____ make a C plan before a new term. -Yes. You must try to make it carefully. A. of B. for C. to
5. spend v. 花费；消耗 例如： How did you spend your summer vacation? 你是如何度过暑假的？ I spent 5 yuan on this book. 这本书花了我五十元。
例如： It usually takes me half an hour to do my homework. 做作业通常花费我半小时的时间。 Students often spend one and a half hours (in) doing homework. 学生们经常花一个半小时的时间做作业。 I paid 10 yuan for this book. 我买这本书付了十元钱。
根据以上例句可知： It takes sb. some time to do sth. 意为“花 费某人??时间来做某事”。 spend 的主语必须是人，而spend …on sth. 意为“买某物花了??钱”。spend +时间 +(in) doing意为“花费多少时间来做某事”。 可以与it takes sb. some time to do sth. 来进行 句型转换。 pay 的主语必须是人，而“花钱买某物” 为pay … for。
It usually takes me a few minutes to make my bed. (改为同义句） spend I usually ________ a few minutes making _________ my bed.
A 1. They spend too much time _____ the report. A. writing B. to write C. on writing D. write B 2. -- Will you please _____ for my dinner, Peter? -- Sure! A. spend B. pay C. take A 3. It will _____ me too much time to read this book. A. take B. spend D. pay
4. She usually ________ much time A shopping in the supermarkets. A. spends B. takes C. pays 5. He likes English. He spends lots of reading time ______ (read) it every day. (2009 宿迁) 6. It took Alice five minutes to finish reading the book. in spent Alice ______ five minutes ____ reading the book.
百分比英语表示法 百分数用基数+ percent表示 50％ fifty percent 百分之五十 3％ three percent 百分之三 0.12％ zero point one two percent 百分 之零点一二 这里的percent前半部per表示“每一”， cent这一后半部分表示“百”，所以百分 之几中percent不用复数形式。
According to the article and the pie 2d charts, write sentences with the percentages using always, usually or sometimes.
1. 90%: Ninety percent of the students always use the Internet. __________________________________ 2. 85%: __________________________________ 3. 45%: __________________________________ 4. 10%: __________________________________ 5. 13%: __________________________________ 6. 2%: ___________________________________
2e Choose one of these free time activities or
think of your own. Then ask your classmates how often they do this activity and make a pie chart. Show the pie chart to your class.
How often do you …? 1-3 times a week 4-6 times a week every day Names of classmates
play computer games read books go shopping draw pictures play sports