1. I prefer watching TV to ______ music every day.
A. listen to B. listen C. listening to D. listening
2. Look at that girl ______ name is Lucy. A. who B. whose C. which D. whom
3. My money is not the only thing ______ is missing.
A. which B. that C. who D. whose
4. I hate people ______ talk much but do little. A. who B. that C. which D. whose
5. Do you know what ______?
A. his favourite song is B. is his favourite song C. his favourite song D. his most favourite song is
6. I like the music that I can sing ______.
A. along and B. along with C. with D. along
7. I like this kind of music that I can dance ______. A. To B. in C. with D. along
8. The story reminded me ______ an experience I once had. A. of B. to C. at D. on you do, you can’t change the situation.
A. whoever B. wherever C. whatever D. what ever
10. Beijing is one of the ______ in the world today.
A. busiest city B. busiest cities C. busy city D. busy cities
11. I mean ______ class meeting on Monday afternoon. A. have B. to have C. having D. to having
12. Mary sings English songs well and ______.
A. Jane does too B. either does Joes C. so Janes does D. so does Jane
13. I didn’t know ______.
A. where does he live B. where do he lives C. where he lives D. where he lived
14. What the boy said sounds ______.
A. reason B. reasonable C. reasonably D. reasoning
15. I feel my heart ____ fast now. A. beated B. beating C. Beat D. to beat
1. My father likes French food, while my mother prefers ______ food. (Italy)
2. Kevin is ______ in stamp collection. (interest)
3. Look at these ______! I took them in Paris. (photo)
4. Are there many ______ students in your university? (India)
5. We will consider your ______ later. (suggest)
6. As is ______ to all, the earth is round. (know)
7. There will be a Chinese painting ______ in the national museum next week. (exhibit)
8. We had a great time with the ______in this village. (fisherman)
9. In your spare time, what do you like for ______ besides watching TV? (entertain)
10. Gu Changwei is one of the top ______ in China. (photograph)
1. One of my classmates was very glad to ______ Bill Clinton.
2. The policeman arrived just ______ to save the boy.
3. This book is very popular with the students ______.
4. When the doctors learned about the accident, they ______ to the spot.
5. People who are watching football games sometimes ______. They might fight with each other.
1. Albert found the key. I lost the key yesterday.（合成一句） __________________
2. She is the tallest girl in her class. She can play the violin.（合成一句）__________________
3. Where is the beautiful picture? You bought it last week.（合成一句） __________________
4. We are looking for the nurse. She looked after my little sister.（合成一句__________________ 5. She was ill, but she still went on working.同义句） ____ she was ill, she still went on working.
6. The mother told her son, “Don’t read in the bed.”（改为简单句）
The mother ______ her son ______ ______ read in the bed.
7. They prefer this kind of fruit to that kind.（改为同义句）
They ______ this kind of fruit ______ ______ that kind.
9. How about the book?（改为同义句） What do you ______ ______ the book?
10. I didn’t know how I could repair the bike（简单句I didn’t know _____ _____ repair the bike. 2
五、 The idea of what shaking the head means is not always the same in different countries.
Maybe some visitors would be surprised when they first came to India. When talked to an Indian, he would often shake his head. The visitors might think that the Indian did not like what they said.
But, in fact, they would be completely wrong.
Indians always shake their heads when they talk to each other. It does not have the same
meaning as our “No”. If someone wants to visit India, he should know this, or it will give him some trouble.
One day, a foreign officer went to India on business. He hired a car and an Indian to drive it.
When he told his driver to send him to his office, the Indian shook his head at once. The office said again, and the driver shook his head again. At last, the office, of course, got angry.
“How dare you refuse my order?” he shouted. “Drive me to my office at once!”The driver
answered in quite loud voice, too. “Yes, sir!” But to the officer’s surprise, the driver shook his head at the same time. The car started, and the foreign officer was now too surprised to say a word. He thought about it for a while, and then he nodded with a smile, “No mean Yes here!”
1. An Indian would shake his head when ______. A. he didn’t want to do anything
B. he agreed with other C. he talked to others D. other people were wrong
2. The foreign officer was surprised that ______.
A. the driver could not understand him B. the driver refused his order
C. the driver drove him to another place D. the driver shook his head as he said, “Yes”
3. The sentence “No mean Yes here!” means ______.
A. in India the words Yes and No have the same meaning
B. Indians don’t say No when they don’t agree with each other
C. there is no difference between Yes and No
D. We shake our heads to say No, not Yes as Indians do
4. India is ______.
A. a developed country C. next to Australia B. in America D. to the southwest of China
5. Which of the following sentences isn’t true?
A. Shaking the head doesn’t always have the same meaning in different countries.
B. When an India shakes his head, he really means Yes.
C. In India shaking the head means No. D. In China shaking the head means No.
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was cooking supper,
and 15 her a piece of paper that he had written something on. After his mother 16 her
hands, she read what on the paper.
For 17 the grass $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week $1.00
For going to the supermarket for you $1.00
For looking after my baby brother while you went shopping $1.00
For taking out the rubbish $1.00
For getting a good report card $5.00
For cleaning up the garden $2.00
Well, his mother looked at him for a while, and then she picked up a pen, turned 18 the paper
he had written on, and this was what she wrote:
For the nine 19 I carried you while you were growing inside me, free.
For all the nights that I’ve sat up with you, fed you and sung songs for you , free.
For all the tears(眼泪) that you’ve 20 through the years, free.
When you add it up, the cost of my love is free.
For all the nights that were filled with 21 , free.
For the toys, food, clothes, and even cleaning your nose, free.
And when you add it all up, the 22 cost of real love is free.
When the little boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were tears in his eyes.
He looked straight 23 at his mother and said, “Mom, I sure do love you.” And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: 24 IN FULL.
15. A. passed B. posted C. offered D. borrowed
16. A. waved B. clapped C. dried D. shook
17. A. pushing B. cutting C. mopping D. picking
18. A. back B. away C. over D. off
19. A. days B. weeks C. months D. years
20. A. enjoyed B. caused C. collected D. proved
21. A. jokes B. wishes C. smiles D. worries
22. A. full B. half C. high D. new
23. A. out B. around C. down D. up
24. A. PAID B. SOLD C. SPENT D. BOUGHT
九、请你以“The more money one owns , the more friends he will have ?”为话题，写一篇80-100
一、1. Italian 2. interested 3. photos 4. Indian 5. suggestion 6. known 7. exhibition 8. fishermen 9. entertainment 10. photographers
二、1—5 CBBAA 6—10 BAACB 11—15 BDDBB
三、1. hear from 2. in time 3. at the moment 4. hurried over 5. make problems
四、1. Albert found the key which/that I lost yesterday.
2. She, who can play the violin, is the tallest girl in her class.
3. Where is the beautiful picture which/that you bought last week?
4. We are looking for the nurse who looked after my little sister.
6. told; not; to
7. like; better; than
8. What have they just had?
9. think; of
10. how; to
六 完形、(15.___19) A C B C C (20____ 24) B D A D A
九、Yesterday we had a discussion about whether we should keep animals in zoos.
Twenty students thought that it was good to keep animals in zoos because people could see many different kinds of animals there and animals were taken good care of in the zoos. Thirty students thought it not good for animals. Since the animals were kept in cages, they were not able to travel（walk, run）freely. Animals liked to live in nature.