一、单选。A. interesting; interested B. interesting; interesting C. interested; interested D. interested; interested A. interesting B. most interesting C. more interesting D. the most interesting 5. When spring comes, it gets____.
A. warm and warm B. colder and colder C. warmer and warmer D. shorter and shorter
6. By and by, ____ students in our class came to like English.
A. more and more B. much and much C. many and many D. less and least
7. It’s important ___ exercise every morning.
A. of you to take B. for you to take C. of you taking D. for you taking
8. Beijing is one of__ in China. A. the largest city B. the large cities C. the larger cities D. the largest cities A. much important B. important C. much more important D. more much important 12. –A. the more B. the better C. the well D. the good
13. –14. –A. The more; the more B. The fewer; the more C. The more; the fewer D. The less; the less
15. I am ______taller than my brother A. very B. too C. more D. a little
16. –Do you enjoy _____ in this city? ---Yes, I do. A. to live B. living C. lived D. to living
17. _______ you free tomorrow afternoon? A. Do B. Am C. Is D. Are
18. The teacher asked ______students to answer the question.
A two more B more two C two another D more some
19. Do you have ________ to say about this?
A. something else B. anything else C. else something D. else anything
20. He had to help his parents____ on the farm on weekends. A. work B. working C. works D. worked
21. The woman wants to find a job______ a babysitter. A. like B. for C. as D. in
22. That book is not so ______ as this one.
A. interesting B. more interesting C. most interesting D. the most interesting
23. My shoes are cheaper than _____. A. you B. your C. yours D. your one
24. Your house is bigger than ______. A. he B. him C. he’s D. his
25. -The thriller is really scary. -Yeah. It made me ____ when I saw it. A. cry B. relax C. sleep D. laugh
26. The weak boy is getting ________ day by day. Everyone is happy to see this.
A. well and well B. well and better C. better and better D. better and well B. talking C. talk D. talked D. so popular
30. The book is ____ of the two. A. thinner B. the thinner C. more thinner D. the thinnest
31. She looks _____ than she does. A. the more older B. very older C. much older D. more older
32.The garden is becoming ______.
A. more beautiful and more B. more beautiful and beautiful
C. more and more beautiful D. more beautiful and beautifuler
33. This classroom is __________than that one.
A. many big B. much big C. many bigger D. much bigger
Jane was an old woman. She was rich and lived in a big house. One sunny morning, Jane opened the
window and looked at her garden. The sun was shining brightly. “What a good day!” She said. Suddenly she saw a man eating grass in the front the garden of her house. She walked to the man and asked, “Why are you eating grass? Are you very hungry?” The man answered, “I have no money to buy any food. I haven’t had meals for days. I’m dying(快死) of hunger.” “Poor boy,” said Jane, “come to the back door.” Then she
walked into the house again. “The rich lady will give me some food to eat. It’s so kind of her.” The man thought. But when he went into the house, Jane opened the back door and said to him, “the grass is taller behind the house.”
( ) 1. What was the weather that day? A. Windy B. Sunny C. Rainy D. Snowy
( ) 2. What was the man eating when the woman saw him?
A. Some grass B. Some bread C. Some fruit D. Some chicken
( ) 3. Where did Jane see the man eating?
A. At the street B. In front of her house C. Behind her house D. In her house
( ) 4. What did Jane want the man to do?
A. To help her cut the grass B. To eat food in her house
C. To eat grass in her house D. To eat grass behind her house
( ) 5. Which statement is TRUE? A. Jane was very kind, and she gave the food to the man.
B. The man didn’t get any food from Jane. C. The man was rich. He hasn’t had meals for days.
三、用所给词的适当形式填空 1. Thank you for _____________(lend) me your bike.
2. Tomorrow is August the ____________(nine) 3. Tina is____________(short) than Jill.
4. He ____________ (go) to school by bike every morning. But this morning he ____________ (go) by bus.
5. Doing morning exercises _____________ (be) good for you.
6. Thanks a lot for _____________(invite) us ___________(go) to your party.
7. John plays football as____________(good)as his brother jack.
8. Please tell him _____________(wash) his hands before supper.
9 .Linda is ___________(tall) one of the two girls. 10. Both of them __________ (like) going to the parties.
11. Frank is _______(old) than Jet, but _______(short) than him.
12. Sarah is _______(funny) than Susan. Susan is ___________(serious) than Sarah.
13. Jack is __________(athletic) than I am. He spends ________(much) time on sports than me.
14. -I don’t think math is as ________(important) as English. -No, math is as _______(important) as English.
15. Be happy! Everything is getting ________ and _________(good).
16. Of the two girls, I find Lucy the _________ (clever).
17. Gold(黄金) is _________ (little) useful than iron(铁).
四、词汇： A. 用方框中所给单词的适当形式填空，使短文通顺、正确、连贯（每个单词限用一次）。 Anna comes from Russia. She is 17 years old. She’s going ____________ with the Black family for a year. Anna comes to England because she wants to study English. She helps Mrs. Black ____________ housework in the house and goes to English _____________ every Wednesday and Friday afternoon. Anna is now in London. Everything is _____________ to her. She finds life is ______________ from that in Moscow. Some things are nice in London, many things are not so nice. The shops are
_____________ in London than those in Moscow. ____________ it’s very expensive to enjoy
_____________ in London. It’s expensive to have a ____________ at a restaurant or go to a cinema.
Now Anna has got used to (习惯) many things, but she can’t get used to the _____________ in England. “You English eat so much in the morning,” she often says. “Fruits, porridge, eggs, tea and bread. How can you face(面对) all that food so early in the day?”
五、句型转换1. She has longer hair than Emma.(同义句) Her hair is ________ than __________.
2. Art is not as important as chemistry.(同义句) Chemistry is __________ ___________ than art.
3. He begins to work at eight. （改为一般疑问句） _____ he ____ to work at eight? （对划线部分提问） ____ ____ do they play football?