1. talk about the map like this. 2. talk to / with sb.
3. where are you from? Where do you come from? 4. I’m / come from London.
5. How do you like China? (We like it ) very much. 6. What do you like about China? L 94
1. the Great Wall. (Hotel) 2. follow me.
3. You can’t call me like that.
4. We Chinese put our family name first. L95
1. Here is a post card from lily to her friend in the USA. 2. five days a week.
3. We teach them English.
4. Our friends ask us to go to their homes for dinner. 5. write to me/ write a letter to me 6. learn Chinese from their friends. 7. over the phone.
8. write it down in your exercise book. L96
1. get an e-mail from Jack 2. make friends ( with sb)
3. We have many foreigners in our city.
4. I know many English words. I know much English.
5. I have some Chinese textbooks for English- speaking country. 6. tell him about your school.
7. I can’t speak English well. I can’t speak good English. 8. That’s a good idea. U25 L97
1. Do you like hot dogs?
Yes, I like them very much / a lot. Yes, I like them a little. No, I don’t like them at all.
2. He is from a family of three people 3. have rice for every meal.
4. She doesn’t like rice or noodles. L98
1. know him very well
2. Why don’t you go to the toy shop? Why not go to the toy shop?3. Does he like bread?
Yes, he likes it very much / a lot / a little. No, he doesn’t like it at all. L99
1. Do you like/ Does he like doing the housework?
2. What’s the name of your father? What’s your father’s name? 3. I don’t think so / I think so. L100
1. What do you like doing at home?
2. make phone calls make a phone call 3. make the bed 4. cook have meals 5. she cooks nice dishes 6. do the cooking 7. I wash the dishes 8. what else can I do?
I have to wash the dishes. He has to wash the dishes. I must go home 10. tell a story U26 L101
1. What is he? What does he do? What is his job? 2. I’m What are you? What do you do? What is your
3. in a factory. What does he do in a factory? 4. What do they do in a factory? 5. What are they doing? 6. a shop assistant
7. in a school / in an office/ on a farm L102, 103
1. It’s your turn (to do sth) 2. I like hot food.
3. Nice to meet you! Nice meeting you! 4. Nice to talk to you! Nice talking to you! L104
1. stay at home 2
2. stay here / there
3. stay in a house near here 4. Chinese medicine 5. work hard.
6. in the day / daytime
7. read English books on Chinese medicine 8. at night
9. make money
10. at weekends. On weekdays
11. What do you want to be? I want to be a teacher 12. What is your hobby? My hobby is swimming. U27 L105
1. be late / be early 2. Don’t speak to me! 3. I must go
4. begin to have classes 5. have sports
6. What time/ When do you get up? 7. It What’s the time? / What time is it?8. have a look (at……) have a talk (with sb) have a meeting have a good time have a drink of orange rest L106
1. wash one’s face 2. right now
have a seat
have a break/
3. He begins his classes. His classes begin His class begins 4. play football with his friends 5. take them/ it off 6. get up / go to bed. L107
1. in the morning/ afternoon/ evening 2. go to the park with her dog
3. go swimming/ shopping/ fishing/ skating/ boating / running 4. get go school/ the factory/ the shop get home/ here/there 5. I don’t like to be late
6. our classes begin We begin our classes 7. at noon/ at twelve/ in the middle of the day 8. classes are over/ school is over
9. do some reading/ cooking/ shopping/ washing/ cleaning/ running. L108
1. I have no feet I don’t have any feet 2. I walk with my hands 3. mouth 4. You have many things to do 5. watch CCTV news
6. get up quickly, or you’ll be late 7. leave home for school / work 8. I live near my school 9. I live in China 10. read newspapers 11. at this time of day 3
12. do morning/ eye exercises take exercise / have sports do
exercises/ do an exercise do Exercise One
13. come to school early /late U28 L109
1. What can you see in the sky? I can see the sun, the moon and two
2. I can see a boat on the river 3. I can see a bridge over the river 4. There is a train on the bridge. L110
1. How do you usually come to school? I usually come by bus 2. go home for holidays / supper 3. every year with her parents
4. It takes too much time. He has too many books
5. It takes (sb) some time to do sth school.
How long does it take you to walk to school? 6. 1)by bike/ car/taxi/bus/minibus/train/(by land).
2)by ship= by sea by boat=by river by water 3)by plane=by air 4)on foot
7. 1)go to SW by bus / train /ship take a bus/ train/ ship to SW
I go to Beijing by bus. I take a bus to Beijing 2)go to SW by bike ride a bike to SW
He goes to school by bike He rides a bike to school.
3)go to SW by air/ plane fly to SW
He goes to Shanghai by air/ plane. He flies to Shanghai. 4)go to SW by car drive to SW
They go to their factory by car. They drive to their factory 5)go to SW on foot walk to SW
We go to school on foot We walk to school
We go home /there/ on foot We walk home / there
8. on a /the one’s bike = by bike in a / the / one’s taxi (car, plane) =
by taxi /car /plane
in / on … (bus, train, boat, ship) = by bus, ……
1)He goes to school by bike. He goes to school on his bike. He rides a bike to school. L111
1. I like walking
2. walking is good for health. 3. You’re walking today
4. It’s a fine day for walking to day L112
1. tell the story about Mike 2. be far from/ be near (to)…
His school is far from his home. His school is hear (to ) his home 3. It’s about 10 minutes by bike 4. He is often late for school 5. be ill He is ill
6. He stays in bed He is ill in bed. 4
7. all day
8. at the right time
9. with tears in his eyes
10. U29 L113
1. What do we have for dinner?
2. this evening / afternoon/ morning / week/ Monday. 3. let me go and have a look
4. make a shopping list. Write a shopping list
5. You can help me the things. Help me my
6. half a kilo / half an hour / half a day/ half an apple 7. a kilo and a half one and a half kilos. 8. an hour and a half one and a half hours 9. two kilos of fish (apples) 10. a/ one kilo of milk (eggs) L114
1. What things does it sell? It sells……
2. How much is the milk? What’s the price of the milk.
It’s one yuan3. How much are the carrots? What’s the price of the carrots?
They are two yuan a kilo.
4. How much (milk) do you want? How many (tomatoes) do you want? 5. Is that all?
6. I help you? What can I do for you? 7.
1. It’s cheap / expensive
2. Here’s the money. Here are your shoes.
3. They are four yuan fifty fen 1. Wear hats , sun glasses and light clothes 2. get on / get off a big bus. 3. There are three Chinese girls looking after them. There is a boy swimming in the lake. L116
1. It is called price- Low.
2. all kinds of food different kinds of food
3. They are glad to answer your questions.
4. The market is full of people
5. What do you think of the workers?
6. She drives to Mr Hunt’s shop
7. 1 pound of chicken / eggs.
8. Pay five yuan for the books.
1. It’s a long time.
2. for example.
1. wear a hat
2. teach them to sing
3. Who do you make them for?
4. I make them for farmers
5. What do farmers do with your machines?
6. One machine helps them put rice into bags
7. one day / some day
8. You’re welcome. Welcome to China.
5 a kind of food