1. They got much _____ from those new books. A. ideas B. photos C. news D. stories
2. I have two _______ and three bottles of _________ here. A. orange, orange B. oranges, oranges C. oranges, orange D. orange, oranges
3. Every evening M r. King takes a _________ to his home . A. 25 minutes’ walk B. 25 minute’s walk C. 25 minute walk D. 25 minutes walk 4. An old _______ wants to see you.
A. people B. person C. the people D. the person 5. Help yourself to __________.
A. chickens and apples B. chickens and apple C. chicken and apple D. chicken and apples 6. Oh, dear. I forgot the two _________.
A. room’s number B. rooms’ number C. room numbers D. rooms’ numbers
解析: room number 房间号码. room可直接用作定语修饰后面的名词 . 类似的还有my phsics teacher, two bus drivers 等. 应选C。
7. She has been in Tianjin for ten years. Tianjin has become her second _________. A. family B. house C. home D. room
解析: family指的是家庭或是家庭成员; house指的是房子(住所); room 指的是房间;而home 指的是家, 因此选C.
8. ________ mothers couldn’t go to the meeting, because they have gone to Shanghai .
A. Mary and Peter’s B. Mary and Peter C. Mary’s and Peter D. Mary’s and Peter’s 9. Li Lei has been to __________ many times this month.
A. her uncle B. her uncle’s C. her uncles D. aunt’s 10. He is a success as a leader but he hasn’t ________ in teaching. A. many experiences B. much experience C. an experience D. a lot experience
解析: experience 作 “经验” 讲时是不可数名词, 作 “经历”讲时是可数名词. 本句中应理解为 “经验”,因此是不可数名词,排除 A C. 又因 a lot of , lots of, plenty of 只用于肯定句, 不用于否定句, 因此选B。 11. A classmate of _________ was here ten minutes ago.
A. you B. your C. your sister D. your sister’s 解析: 此题考查名词的双重所有格.应选D。
12. A group of _________ are talking with two ___________.
A. Frenchmen, Germans B. Germans ,Frenchmans
C. Frenchmans , Germen D. Germen , Frenchmen
解析: Frenchman 是复合词,其复数形式为 Frenchmen; German 的复数为直接在单词末尾+S, 应选A.
13.The team ________ having a meeting .
A. is B. are C. am D. be
解析: team 是一个集合名词,即可表示复数意义(指整个小组) , 也可指小组中的成员(表示复数), 此题意为后者, 因此选B。
14. “Would you like _________?” “________, please.”
A. drink, Three coffees B. a cup of drink, Coffees
C. a drink, A coffee D. a drink, Three cups of coffees
解析: drink 和coffee是不可数名词, 可以用…of来表示数量, eg, three cups of coffee,
当前面加a 时,则表示 “一杯”．因此选C。
15. The Great Wall was made not only by _______, but also the flesh and blood of ________ men.
A.earth and stone, millions of B. earths and stones, millions
C. the earth and stone, million of D. the earths and stones, millions
解析：earth 是不可数名词，因此删除B D,数以百万的应为millions of .
1-5 DADBB 6-10 BCBAD 11-15 ADACC 16-20 CDCBA 21-25 CCBDA 26-30 DAAAD 31-35 BCACA 35-40 CABDD
1. This is ___ reading-room.
A. the teacher’s B. teacher’s C. teacher’s D. the teachers’
2. Nothing was found but ___ broken.
A. the room window B. the room’s window C. the room of the window D. the window of room
3. How many___ would you like?
A. paper B. bread C. pieces of papers D. pieces of bread
4. He was praised for his ___.
A. brave B. bravery C. bravely D. great brave
5. Please get me a new ___ when you go to town.
A. clothes B. dress C. clothing D. trousers
6. There are 34___ doctors in the hospital.
A. woman B. women C. woman’s D. women’s
7. Some___ are even thinner than your little finger.
A. bamboo B. bamboos C. kinds of bamboo D. kinds of bamboos
8. He was born in this town and now he lives in ___.
A. Building second B. Building Two C. the Building Two D. Building the
9. Old as he is, he has ___to do every day.
A. a lot of work B. much works
C. lots of homeworks D. quite a lot of homeworks
10. Jack’s room is furnished with ___.
A. new furnitures B. many new furnitures
C. many new pieces of furnitures D. many new pieces of furniture
11. Have you read ___newspaper yet?
A. today’s B. Today’s
C. the today’s D. your today’s
12. It’s not far, only ___walk from here to our school.
A. a ten minutes B. ten minutes
C. a ten minutes’ D. ten minutes’
13. Last month, he wrote me ___letter.
A. a 1000-word B. 1000 words
C. a 1000-words D. 1000 words’
14. He had a ___sleep yesterday.
A. a good night B. a good-night
C. a good night’s D. good-night’s
15. ___is not a long way to drive.
A. Three miles distance B. Three-mile distance 16. His isn’t fit for the work. Please get me ___.
A. something else B. somebody else
C. someone else’s D. somebody’s else
17. Do you know how large ___ is?
A. population of China B. Chinese population
C. China population D. China’s population
18. ___ is too much for the boy to carry.
A. The box weight B. The box’s weight
C. The weight of the box D. The box of the weight
19. Excuse me, how can I get to the nearest ___ shop?
A. shoes B. shoe
C. shoes’ D. shoe’s
20. What ___ weather we’re having these days!
A. nice B. a nice
C. a bad D. worse
21. They say that the meeting will be ___.
A. of very important B. great importance
C. of great importance D. great important
22. I’m going to call at ___ this evening.
A. Mr Black B. the Blacks
C. Mr Black’s D. Blacks’
23. What Darwin said was an attack on people’s religious ___.
A. belief B. beliefs C. beliefs D. believs
24. There are some ___waiting for you outside.
A. German B. American
C. grown-up D. Japanese
25. Their factory has developed a kind of ___ to help people walk.
A. machine B. machines
C. a machine D. the machine
26. There’re many ___ in my brother’s album.
A. leafs B. toys
C. books D. stamps
27. Yesterday I went to the super market and bought a lot of ___.
A. tomatoes B. potatos
C. vegetable D. meats
28. Upon hearing what I said, his ___ rose.
A. anger B. angry
C. angrily D. angriness
29. Excuse me, can you change this ___ for me?
A. five-pound note B. five pounds note
C. five-pound notes D. five pounds notes
30. You have to make ___ for your journey
A. preparing B. preparation
C. a preparation D. preparations
31. While washing up, she broke a ___.
A. glass wine B. wine glass
C. glass of wine D. wine of glass
32. You have worked out the plan and now we must put it into ___.
A. fall B. reality C. practice D. deed
33. Here’s my card, Let’s keep in ___.
A. touch B. relation C. connection D. friendship 34. I’ll look into the matter as soon as possible, just have a little ___.
A. wait B. time C. patience D. rest
35. If by any chance someone comes to see me, ask him or her to leave a ___.
A. message B. letter C. sentence D. notice
36. We walked all the ___ to the museum.
A. trip B. road C. way D. journey
37. Scientists are watching for the earliest ___ of harmful ___ on the world’s weather.
A. signs; effects B. marks; affect
C. tracks; affections D. instance; effections
38. These young people are now making an active ___ to save the old temple.
A. part B. effortC. decision D. plan
39. Don’t push to the front; you have to wait your ___.
A. chance B. dutyC. line D. turn
40. You need more ___ to keep fit.
A. practice B. trainC. exercises D.exercise