1. What about _______to practice pronunciation?
A. read loudly B. reading aloud C. read loud D. reading loud
2. The dress _______ soft.
A. felt B. feels C. is felt D. feeling
3. I find learning English ______ because it takes me much time to remember the words.
A. frustrate B. frustrating C. frustrates D. frustrated. 4. Li Jian said _______ flashcards helped a little
A. make B. makes C. making D. made
5. Last year Jack had an opportunity ______ in Japan, but he gave it A. study B. to study C. of study D .for study 6. We are _______ at the _____ news.
A. excited, excited B. exciting, exciting C. excited, exciting D exciting, excite 7. He’s been learning English for 6 years,_______?
A. isn’t he B. wasn’t he C. hasn’t he D. didn’t he 8. Why not ______ to tapes?
A. listening B. listen C. listened D. to listen 9. Peter hardly had time for the concerts at that time,_____? A, wasn’t he B. was he C. didn’t he D. did he 10. The color of her skirt is different from _____ of mine. A. one B. that C. it D. this 11. ---___ do you improve your spoken English?
---By ___ as much as possible.
A. How, practice B. How, practicing C. How, practiced D. What, practicing 12. Our school _____ a lot in the last few years. A. change B. changes C. changed D. has changed 13. She used to have short hair, ______?
A. wasn’t she B. doesn’t she C. didn’t she D. isn’t she 14. Don’t _____. Work hard and you’ll catch up with your
A. give up B. give in C. give away D. give over 15. She needs something to eat,________?
A. needn’t she B, doesn’t she C. isn’t she D. need she 16. I lost my way ___a rainy night and my mother was quite worried
A. on, with B. on, about C. at, with D. on, with 17. The music sounds ________
A. badly B. beautifully C. beautiful D. well 18. There _____ to be a computer in the room. A. used B. is used C is D. use 19. Would you mind _____ the TV, please?
A. to turn down B. turning down C. turned down D. turn down
20--Look at the sign on the right. ---- Oh, parking _______ here.
A. doesn’t allow B. isn’t allowed C. didn’t allow D. wasn’t allowed
21 I heard that a ________ boy can sing English songs. A. seven--years-old B. seven--year—olds C. seven--year—old D. seven--years--old. 22. I usually have milk and bread for breakfast. --- ____________.
A. So have I B. So I have C. So do I D. So I do 23. Can you tell ______?
A. when did it happen B. when was it happened C. when it happened D. when it was happened 24. Most parents are strict ______ their children. A. with B. in C. for D. on 25. Some famous football stars have got their ears______ A. pierce B. piercing C. to pierce D. pierced 26. Don’t ______ late, or you’ll feel tired in tomorrow’s classes. A. look up B. stay up C. put up D. pick up 27. Jim has to stay at home ______ school nights.
A. in B. at C. on D. for 28. He doesn’t know _____
A. what to do it B. how to do C. what to do D. what I did 29. I don’t know if he _____ tomorrow. If he ____, I’ll tell him about it.
A. will come, will come. B. comes, comes C. comes, will come D. will come, comes. 30. What would you do if you _______ a million dollars? A. win, B. will win C. won D. are winning 31. If I were a bird, I_____ fly in the sky.
A. will B. would C. would like D. will to
32. Have you read today’s morning newspaper?- ----- Not ____.
A. only B. yet C. ever D. just 33. There are _____ of students in our school.
A. two hundreds B hundred C. hundreds D. two hundred 34. Don’t take my book away____ permission. A. with B. without C. for D .to 35. People will come to see you if they want _____
A. advice B. an advice C. advices D. some advices 36. Our English teacher is easy _____.
A. to get along B. to be get along C. to be got along with D. to get along with 37. I’d rather stay at home than _____ shopping. A. to go B. going C. go D. goes
38. The weather was terrible. It rained ____. People could _____ go out. A. hardly, hardly B. hard, hard C. hardly, hard D. hard, hardly
39. Listen! I hear someone _________ the violin in the room. A. playing B. to play
40. She _______ in the next room just now. She must be there now. A. heard to sing B. was heard to sing C. heard singing D. was heard sing
stamp tells a story about the country which it comes from. You can find stamps that show almost anything. Some stamps honor special events, places or people. As people collect these pieces of paper, no one knows how valuable(有价值的) they can become. One stamp from 1893 that celebrates Christmas Columbus is worth thousands of dollars! Stamp collecting has became popular. You can join groups and have a look at other’s stamps.
Who decided what is printed on a stamp? Many Americans come up with ideas for the pictures that go on stamps. They send their ideas to artists, business people, and stamp collectors. They pick the best ideas and the Postmaster General（首席邮政长官）, the head of the Post Office, makes the final decision.
Today, stamps have different shapes, sizes and colors. But they still get your mail where you want it to go, just like long ago. So when you send a letter, remember the important things that make up that a little stamp.
41. ______ can show almost anything of a country. A. Stamps B. Places C. Colors D. sizes 42. The stamp from 1893 is ____.
A. red B. expensive C. cheap D. useless. 43. ______ decides what is printed on a stamp. A. An artist B. A stamp collector C. The Postmaster General D. collector
44. What does the underlined “make up” mean in Chinese?
A. 构成 B. 补偿 C. 销售 D. 要求 45. From this passage, we can infer(推断)that ____. A. people don’t like stamps B. stamps aren’t useful
C. stamps show important things D. stamps show unimportant things.
One evening two young men were walking in the street together. They tried to find a chance to steal something. The clock struck twelve. Most of the people went to bed. Quickly they came to a house and it seemed that everyone in the house had fallen asleep. Standing at the front gate, one said in English to the other in a low voice. “ You wait here, I’ll go around to the back door and then get into the house. “ Suddenly out of the house ran a dog, baking at them. The two men were very frightened and ran away as fast as they could. Finally, they stopped at a lonely place. The man said breathlessly,” “ It’s too bad. I hadn’t expected that the dog could understand English.” 46. Why did the two men walk in the street one evening? A. They couldn’t fall asleep B. They wanted to steal something C. They would like to take a walk. D. They went to visit their friends.
47. “One said in English to the other in a low voice.” From this sentence we know ____.
A. he didn’t know English B. he liked speaking English quietly
C. he couldn’t speak loud D. he was afraid of walking up others.
48. The dog ran out of the house and barked at them only because ____.
A. it understand English B. it knew them C. it found someone outside D. it was afraid of them. 49. At last the two young men ____.
A. stole nothing B. stole something expensive C. were bitten by the dog D. were beaten by the police 50. What did the owners do while the dog was barking? A. They stopped it B. They got up quickly C. They shouted for help D. The story didn’t tell us.
III. 词汇部分. A)根据首字母填空
1. I think the increasing population is one of the greatest c_______ today.
2. If I make a m________, don’t laugh at me.
3. It will take a long time to find a s________ to the problem. 4. Do you learn English by reading aloud?
---- Yes. I often read English aloud to practice ________(pronounce). 5. As a student, we should c________ on our study not clothes. 6. My mother a______ me to meet my friends at the weekend. 7. Teenagers over 18 years old can have a driver’s l________. 8. I gave her a beautiful dress for her birthday, but she r_______.
9. It’s only twenty ______ (minute) walk from the hotel to the bank. 10. Hainan Island is the second _______ (large) island in China. 11. The glasses are ______ (break) . You’d better buy some new ones 12. I often study English by _________ (read) the textbook. 13. I am _________ (interest) in English than ever before. 14. Yesterday I got my hair _____ (cut) 15. We are ______ (pride) of Yang Liwei.
16. Say what you want to say. Don’t be a _______( listen) 17. The doctor’s ______ (die) made all of us sad. C) 动词填空
18. It’s too hard _________ (speak) English well. 19. _____ you ever ______ ( study) with a group ?
20. I think practice is the best way __________(learn) more English. 21. He practices ________ (dance) every day.
22. I decided ________ (take) lots of grammar notes in class. 23. I don’t have enough food _________(eat) 24. I spent most of my time ________ (watch) TV. 25. They are afraid of _______ (walk) at night. 26. ________(play) basketball is my favorite sport. 27. Why ________(not sit) down and have a meal? 28. They ______ ever ________ (travel) on trains. IV. 句式
（划线部分提问） ______ _____ you learn English?
30. The box is very heavy, so we can’t carry it.(合并为一句) The box is _____ ______for us _____ ______. 31. I hope that I’ll become a teacher in the future.(同义句) I hope_____ _____ a teacher in the future 32. Tom is a tall man who has big eyes.（同义句） Tom is a man ________ big eyes.
33. It took me 5 days to finish the work. 同义句) I _____ 5 days ______ _______the work.
34. More and more foreigners speak Chinese in the world now（同义句）
Chinese ____ _____ by more and more foreigners in the world now 35. Lucy likes singing, Jim likes singing, too. （同义句） Lucy likes singing, _______ ________ Jim. 36. It seemed that she was ill. （同义句） She ______ _______ _________ill.
37. His parents allowed him to visit friends on weekends（改为被动语态） He ______ ______ _____ visit friends on weekends. V短文填空
My aunt thinks that there are many different kinds of cars in the world because cars are like their drivers. She says, “Rich people have expensive cars, big people have large cars, and old people drive old
cars.” But I don’t with her.
My neighbor, Mrs. Hill, is 82 years old. She drives only Tuesday and only to the bank. She never drives more than 30 kilometers go 200 kilometers for each hour.
My friend is an artist. He draws beautiful pictures with lots of But his car is black! Mrs. Bates has a very old one. There is often with the car. Does he drive that kind of car because she is ? No, she has four factories and dollars in the bank. Mrs. Green has a very small car, though she to the country with her husband, her two children, her mother and their dog.
Now you have read about my friends and their cars. Do you agree with my aunt? Maybe you have a car. Does say anything about you?
李老师想了解班级同学的情况， 请你根据下面的内容提示， 给李老师写一封信，说说自己的情况。
1. 学习任务重,睡眠不足,缺少体育锻炼,同学之间缺乏沟通交流。 2. 在家不允许看电视，上网， 听音乐等。
班级 姓名 等级
. . . . 、 . 、IV
34 35 . 37、 . V
. . .