1. I saw them ___________(吵架) with each other.
2. I can ____________(almost not)believe what her says .
3. Work hard and you will __________(获得) great success.
4. He said he __________(认为) Audrey Hepburn the best actress.
5. This is one of his most useful ________(建议).
6. You are so nervous now. You should get __________(放松).
7. It’s kind of you to offer us such __________(有价值的) advice.
8. Failure is the mother of __________(成功).
9. Could you teach me how to achieve the b_____between work and play ?
10. Yesterday all the students were in bad _______(心情) because they lost the game.
11. Daniel has some problems ________(刷) the walls.
12. I asked Jim for help , but he ____________(say no )
13. She is s______ from a cough.
14. -----Do you like oranges or apples？---E_____ is OK. I don’t mind.
15. Do you have difficulty c________ your homework?
1. Children grow up ________ (healthy) just with a happy family.
2. How many ________ (teenager) problems do you have, Jill?
3.He ______(choice) to stay with me instead of going travelling alone yesterday.
4.He got lots of ______(suggest) on how to learn maths well.
5.The film is so good that it’s well worth ______ (see) again.
6.he took much ______(interesting) in collecting stamps.
7.I don’t think this old chair is ______ (value) to us.
8.I asked him for help but he refused ______ (help) me.
9.He offered ______ (lend) me some money to get that watch.
10.I asked him for help but he refused ______ (help) me.
11.He offered ______ (lend) me some money to get that watch.
12. My plan is _________ (visit) the Summer Palace next weekend.
13.No one _________ (allow) to leave the classroom without finishing the exam.
14. At last he found somewhere ____________ (park) his car.
15.We hope you ___________ (come) to my birthday party.
2. My cousin Jill is very clever, but she never _____________________.
- 1 -
3. Daniel is outgoing enough for us _____________________ easily.
4. The piece of music sounds _____________________ and we all like listening to it.
5. Orange _____________________ joy and it can bring us success.
6. Lucy _____________________ and hasn't talked to anyone for an hour.
7. Miss Gao _____________________ her students.
8. Are you able _____________________ a solution to the client's problem?
9. Do you think red _____________________ Kate?
10. Seeing this film _____________________ my parents.
( ) 1. _____ may not seem very _____.
A. Watch TV; useful B. Watch TV; usefully
C. Watching TV; usefully D. Watching TV; useful
( ) 2. We must be strict _____ ourselves and strict _____ our work.
A. in; with B. with; in C. in; in D. with; with
( ) 3. Bob doesn’t know _____ to write about.
A. how B. that C. what D. where
( ) 4. I can’t decide _____ .
A. what to do it B. how shall I do it C. how to do it D. what shall I do it
( ) 5. He always makes his class _____ .
A. lively and interested B. lively and interesting
C. alive and interested D. alive and interesting
( ) 6. _____ of the twins has been there before.
A. Both B. Neither C. all D. None
( ) 7. Can you please spend _____ explaining it _____ us?
A. sometimes; to B. some time; to C. some times; for D. sometime; for
( )8．__________ useful advice he has given!
A．What an B．What a C．What D．How
( ) 9. There are many colors. I can’t decide ______.
A. to buy which one B. which one to buy C. to buy which D. which to buy one （ ）10. _________ the girls in their class _________ larger than that in ours.
A. A number of, are B. The number of, are
C. A number of, is D. The number of, is
（ ）11. please don’t quarrel ______ him ______ this.
A. to, on B to, about C. with, on D with, about
（ ）12. I wish I ______ my parents’ support.
A. can have B. could have C. can had D. could had
（ ）13. You should finish ______ your exercises before ______ to bed.
A. doing; going B. to do; to go C. doing; to go D. to do; going
( ) 14. I can’t hear you clearly. Please ____ TV.
- 2 -
A. turn up B. turn to C. turn down D. turn on
（ ）15. The doctor advised my father _____ any more.
A. not smoke B. not to smoke C. don’t smoke D. doesn’t smoke
1. 我们不允许迟交作用。We _____ _____ ______ ______ _______ _____ ______ ______.
2. I always ______ ______ ______ ________ (把我的建议给他们) and tell them how to do it.
_______ _______ exams make him _______ _______ his lessons _______ _______.
We should not _____ _____ _____our friends. It is _____ _____ _____ friendship.
Simon’s mother _________ ________ when she knew he _________ __________ .
6. 说实话， 我常常怀疑是否值得如此用功。
_______ ______ _______ ______, I often doubt whether it _______ ______ ______ so hard.
7. 他决定不了买哪台电脑。He couldn’t decide __________ __________ _________ _______.
8.她没有任何选择只好向别人求助。She has ________________________ ask others for help.
9.由于考试来临，同学们感到压力大。The students __________ because of the _______ exams.
Henry was a pen name used by an American writer of short stories. name was William Sydney Porter. He was born in North Carolina in 1862. a young boy he lived a poor life. He did not go to school for very long , he tried to teach everything he needed to know. When he was about 20 years old , Henry went to Texas. He different jobs there. He first worked for a newspaper, and then he had a in a bank . When some money went to have stolen it. Because of , he was sent to prison(监狱)。 During the three years in prison , he learnt to write . After he got out of prison, he went to . He wrote of the poor there. with a sudden change at the end, to the readers’ surprise.
( )1.A.first B. last C. family D. real
( )4.A.one B. As C. For D. Since B. him C. himself D. someone
B. friend C. work D. job
D. these ( )3.A.but B. and C. or D. not ( )5.A.looked for B. lost C. tried D. missed ( )6.A.classmate ( )7.A.away B. missing C. back ( )8.A.said B. told C. talked about D. asked ( )9.A.that B. the C. those
( )11.A.studying ( )10.A.letters B. messages C. short stories D. music B. learning C. reading D. writing
- 3 -
( )12.A.nearly B. certainly C. hardly
( )14.A.because D. mostly ( )13.A.people B. life C. person D. live B. because of C. so D. so that
( )15.A.begin B. finish C. do D. make
Shenzhen is a city in South China．It is not very big,but it has attracted people of the whole country and the whole world as well．
Just about twenty years ago,it was only a small fishing village．There were not many people there． Most of them lived on fishing． Things have greatly changed since the 1980＇s．It became the first special economic zone(经济特区) in China．
Because of the opening policy(政策), economic changes between China and the outside world have increased greatly．People can come and go easily between Shenzhen and Hong Kong．Both foreigners and Chinese have built a lot of factories, companies and tourists' attractions there．People all over the country have come to find jobs．Many of them have settled down in this new booming(兴起的) city．
Shenzhen is developing so fast that it has become a well－known metropolis(大都市) in China．
A．in south of B．to south of C．in north of D．on south of
( )2．About twenty years ago most of the people in Shenzhen ．
A.worked in the factories B.did housework
C.caught fish for a living D.lived a happy life
( )3．When did Shenzhen become a special economic zone﹖
( )4．What have foreigners done in Shenzhen﹖
A.They have come to visit their friends．
B.They have built a lot of factories and companies．
C.They have got plenty of money from China．
D.They have come to buy things．
( )5．Many of them have settled down in this new booming city．“settled down”
A．made down B．sat down C．began to work D．stayed there
- 4 -
Qian Xuesen was a rocket scientist. He was famous all over the world as the father of China’s space technology. He was born in 1911. On October 31, 2009, he passed away peacefully at the age of 98.
When Qian Xuesen was three years old, his father got a job in the Ministry of Education in Beijing, so he and his family came to Beijing. Qian Xuesen graduated from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 1934. In 1935, he went to the United States for further study. In 1950, he heard that the new China had been founded, he began to try his best to go back to his motherland. Although the American government tried to stop him from his journey, he succeeded in going back in 1955.
Since 1958, Dr. Qian had devoted all his life to China’s aerospace science and technology (航天技术) and made great achievements. He set up China’s first missile-and-rocket-research institute (导弹、火箭研究机构), which later helped start China’s space program. He retired in 1991,the year before China’s manned space program (载人航天计划) was started. His research formed the basis (基础) of the Long March CZ-2F rocket that carried astronaut Yang Liwei into orbit in 2003.
- 5 -
16-20 DBACC 21-25 DBAAC 26-30 DDBAB
31-35 BAABA 36-40 ACBBD 41-45 CDBDC
46. scientist 47. famous ,well-known48. died 49. because 50. from
51. further 52. China, motherland 53. stop 54. set 55. program
- 6 -