1．大多数以ly结尾的副词前加more 和most 来构成比较级和最高级。 2．少数单音节副词，加er,est 构成其比较级和最高级 。
almost, nearly, just, exactly, quite, half , twice,three times , a third,etc.
John is almost as tall as you.
The river is three times as long as that one.
We have a third as many students as we had last term.
many, a few (用于"more +可数名词"前)
It takes many more hours to go there by train than by plane.
a lot, much , a bit, even, a little , still, a great deal, far, rather, two years, ten percent,three times etc. It's cold this year, but it's even colder last year.
We produced 6% more grain this year than we did last year.
the very , much the ,by far the ,the first/second
This hat is by far the largest in the world.
Gold is the very most valuable of all materials .
限（冠词[物主代词、指示代词]数词等）观 （描绘） 形（大小、形状等） 龄 （年龄、新旧等）色（色彩）国（国籍、出处等）材（材料、功用等）
an interesting English film a heavy black Chinese silk umbrella
做后置定语。修饰由不定代词no ,any, some ，every和one,thing等构成的复合词或形容词短语。
变化系词： become, get ,turn, grow, go
保持系词： keep ,remain, stay
感观系词： look, smell , taste, feel, sound,appear , seem ,prove etc.
He went to bed , cold and hungry.
afraid, alike, alone, asleep ,awake，alive
well, ill faint
friendly, lively, lovely, lonely, likely, deadly, orderly 等。
an 800-meter-wide river an English-speaking country a middle-aged man
They went boating in Zhongshan Park yesterday.
always, seldom, often, never, rarely, usually 等，通常放于行为动词之前，be词、情态动词和助动词之 后。
He is always telling lies,so I will never believe him.
He is very young ,so he is not old enough to go to school.
N:有些副词有两种形式，一个与形容词同形，一个以ly 结尾，但它们的含义是不同的。 closely-close nearly-near freely-free deeply-deep highly-high widely-wide 等。
以ly 结尾的词表较为抽象的含义，而与形容词同形的副词则表较为具体的概念。 He is highly praised for what he has done. (高度地)
He can see a bird is flying high in the sky.（飞得高，具有可见性）
1. John has three sisters. Mary is the ___ of the three. (MET88)
A. most cleverest B. more clever C. cleverest D. cleverer
2. The students are___ young people between the age of sixteen and twenty. (MET88)
A. most B. almost C. mostly D. at most
3. She told us ___story that we all forgot about the time. (MET88)
A. such an interesting B. such interesting a
C. so an interesting D. a so interesting
4. It is impossible for so___ workers to do so work in a single day. (MET88)
A. few, much B. few, many C. little, much D. little, many
5. The horse is getting old and can't run ___ it did. (MET88)
A. as faster as B. so fast than C. so fast as D. as fast as
6. The story sounds___ . (MET89)
A. to be true B. as true C. being true D. true
7. I'd been expecting ___ letters the whole morning, but there weren't ___ for me. (MET89)
A. some; any B. many; a few C. some; one D. a few; none
8. This year they have produced ___ grain ___ they did last year. (MET89)
A. as less; as B. as few; as C. less; than D. fewer; than
9. After the new technique was introduced, the factory produced ___ tractors in 1988 as the year before. (MET90)
A. as twice many B. as many twice
C. twice as many D. twice many as
10. The pianos in the other shop will be , but______ . (MET90)
A. cheaper; not as better B. more cheaper; not as better
C. cheaper; not as good D. more cheap; not as good
11. ---Can I help you?
---Well, I'm afraid the box is___ heavy for you, but thank you all the same. (MET90)
A. so B. much C. very D. too
12.---Excuse me, is this Mr. Brown's office?
---I'm sorry, but Mr. Brown ___ works here. He left about three weeks ago. (MET90)
A. not now B. no more C. not still D. no longer
13. If we had followed his plan, we could have done the job better with ___ money and ___ people.
A. less; less B. fewer; fewer C. less; fewer D. fewer; less
14. Oh, John. ___ you gave me! (MET90)
A. How a pleasant surprise B. How pleasant surprise
C. What a pleasant surprise D. What pleasant surprise
15. ---How did you find your visit to museum?
---I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was ___ than I expected. (MET91)
A. far more interesting B. even much interesting
C. so more interesting D. a lot much interesting
16. Canada is larger than ___ country in Asia. (NMET91)
A. any B. any other C. other D. another
17. Those oranges taste___ . (MET91)
A. good B. well C. to be good D. to be well
18. The experiment was ___ easier than we had expected. (NMET91)
A. more B. much more C. much D. more much
19. ___ food you've cooked! (NMET91 )
A. How a nice B. What a nice
C. How nice D. What nice
20. Go and get your coat. It's ___ you left it. (MET92)
A. there B. where C. there where D. where there
21. John was so sleepy that he could hardly keep his eyes___ . (MET92)
A. open B. to be opened C. to open D. opening
22. ---Are you feeling ___?
---Yes, I' m fine now. (NMET92)
A. any well B. any better C. quite good D. quite better
23. Which is___ country, Canada or Australia? (MET92)
A. a large B. larger C. a larger D. the larger
24. ---Will you give this message to Mr. White, please?
---Sorry, I can't. He ___. (MET92)
A. doesn't any more work here B. doesn't any longer here work
C. doesn't work any more here D. doesn't work here any longer
25. How can you finish the drawing? (MET92)
A. often B. soon C. long D. rapid
26. ___ terrible weather we've been having these days! (MET92)
A. How a B. What a C. How D. What
27. It takes a long time to go there by train. It's___ by road. (MET93)
A. quick B. the quickest C. much quick D. quicker
28. ___ from Beijing to London! (MET93)
A. How long way it is B. What a long way is it
C. How long way is it D. What a long way it is
29. She doesn't speak___ her friends, but her written work is excellent. (MET93)
A. as well as B. as often as C. so much as D. as good as
30. ---Mum, I think I'm___ to get back to school.
---Not really, My dear. You'd better stay at home for another day or two. (NMET93)
A. so well B. so good C. well enough D. good enough
1．C．原题中的three sisters这一信息词语暗示考生要用最高级的形式。clever的最高级有两种：the most clever，the cleverest
2．C．mostly是副词，意思是："主要地"，修饰整个句子。用most时应为most of the students；用almost通常说almost all+n.
so many/few十可数名词复数 so much/little+不可数名词
5．D．A、C项是语法错误。as…as之间不能用比较级形式。B项也是语法错误，than前没有比较级，把than变成as就对了。实际上not as…as=not more than．
6．D．sound是"听起来"的意思。它是系动词，其后接形容词做表语。类似的系动词还有look seem taste smell fell．
10．C．该题考查了考生是否掌握形容词比较级的两种形式，该句可理解为：The pianos in the other shop will be cheaper，but not as good as those in this shop.
11．D．此处可理解为the box is too heavy for you to carry．
12．D．no longer强调时间；no more强调数量和次数。
14．C．what与how修饰名词引起的感叹句： what+a/an+形容词十单数可数名词；what+形容词+可数名词复数；what +形容词+不可数名词 ；How+形容词+a/an+可数名词单数；注意what的用法与sach相似，how与so相似。且gives B. a surprise是惯用法。
15．A．用来修饰比较级的副词有：a little，a bit；even still；far，by far；a lot，a great deal；much，any(用于否定、疑问)；rather．
16．A．用比较级表示最高级的意思，用than+any other+单数名词(包括主语在内)或用any+单数名词(比较范围不包括主语在内)。因加拿大不属亚洲。如，把Asia改为North America，则B正确。
17．A．taste是系动词，后接形容词做表语。B项well如果是形容词，表示"身体好"。但Things are well with me．属于特殊情况。参看6题。
21．A．当open做宾补时，一般用它的形容词，不用它的现在分词。又如：with his eyes open/closed
23．D．表示两者中"最…"的意思，用the+比较级。此句可理解Canada is the larger of the two countries.
24．D．no more与no longer变成not…any more或not…any longer时any more和any longer要置于句尾，可参看12题。
25 B．how often表示频率，与题意不符。how long句中的谓语动词应用延续性动词，是"多久"的意思。D项rapid是形容词不能修饰动词。How soon的回答词用in+时间，因此，全句的意思是："在多长时间之内(或以后)你能画完画?"且句中谓语是瞬间动词。
27．D．此处可理解为It's quicker to go by road than by train．
29．A．原题中的but与excellent两个信息词可暗示考生，且not as…as相当于not more than，因此，该句的意思是："她讲的不如朋友的好，但她的笔头好。"
30．C．well是形容词"身体好"的意思。这是It's+adj+enoush to do sth句型。该句意思是："我身体已好，可以返回学校了。"