Unit 5 Do you want to watch a game show?
Section A 2a-2d
?1. 熟记单词短语，并掌握重点单词 plan, hope, find out，expect的用法。 ?2. 听力训练 ?3. 阅读训练---通过阅读学习表达自己的观点 看法。
2a Listen to Lin Hui and Sally’s conversation. Number the TV shows [1-5]in the order you hear them 1 ______ sitcoms 2 ______ news 4 ______ game shows 3 ______ talk shows 5 ______ soap opera
2b Listen again. Complete the sentences. 1. Sally likes to watch news or talk shows . _________________ 2. Lin Hui thinks she can learn some great jokes ________________ from sitcoms. 3. Sally thinks_____________are more educational game shows than sitcoms. 4. Sally loves ___________ soap operas . She plans to watch Days of Our Past ________ . tonight
2c Ask and answer questions about the TV shows in 2a. Use information that is true for you.
A: Do you plan to watch the news tonight?
B: Yes, I like watching the news. I watch it
B: Because I hope to find out what’s going on
around the world.
Do you want to watch game shows?
Yes. I like watching game shows. I watch them three times a week.
Because I …
Read the conversation and match the persons with their favourite shows. game shows and sports shows soap operas news and talk shows
2d Role-play the conversation.
Grace: What did you do in class today, Sarah?
Sarah: We had a discussion about TV shows.
My classmates like game shows and
Grace: Oh, I can’t stand them. I
love soap operas. I like to
follow the story and see what happens next.
Sarah: Well, I don’t mind soap operas. But my favorite TV shows are the news and talk shows.
Grace: They’re boring!
Sarah: Well, they may not be very exciting, but
you can expect to learn a lot from them.
I hope to be a TV reporter one day.
What did you do in class today, …?
We had a discussion about TV shows. …
1.Do you plan to watch the news tonight? 你今晚打算看新闻吗？ plan v. & n. 计划, 打算，常用搭配为 plan to do sth 计划做某事 I plan to go swimming tomorrow. make a plan for sth 为......制定计划 It is better for you to make a plan for your future.
2. Because I hope to find out what’s going on
around the world. hope v. & n. 希望； 常见结构为： hope to do sth 希望做某事 They hope to take the plane to Beijing next year. hope +( that)从句 希望...... I hope that I can pass the exam.
find out 查明; 弄清 (指通过调查、研究等方式查 明事情的真相) e.g. Did they find out where the old man lived? 他们查明那位老人住在哪里了吗？
回忆: find out /look for /find的区别
3....but you can expect to learn a lot from them. expect v. 预料; 期待 常见结构为：
expect to do sth. 期盼做某事 expect sb. to do sth.
Jack expects to visit his grandparents this weekend. learn...from... 从某处获得知识 learn的常见词组
还有：learn from向某人学习； learn...by heart熟记； learn one's lesson from从... 中吸取教训；learn...by oneself自学
joke 1. She finished her speech with a funny _______(笑 话） 2. I think theTV plays are more ______________ educational (education）than sitcoms. 3. I hope _______(go) to France some day. to go discussion 4. Are you joining our ___________(discuss) to see 5. I followed it ________(see) where it was going。 6. He expectedto finish ______(finish) the work by March.
7. What ______(发生)outside the school last night? happened
1. ---What ____ your brother think of the bike? ---He likes it. A. does B. do C. is
2. ---What do they think ___ the movie. ---They like it very much. A. to B. of C. for 3. Thanks for _______ me. A. invite B. inviting C. invites
4. --- What do you think of sitcoms? ---Oh, I _________ mind them. A. can’t B. don’t C. am not
5. ---What does she think of the scarf?
---She ________ stand them.
A. isn’t B. doesn’t C. can’t
6. I hope you ___ at once. A. to start B. starting C. can start D. starts 7. ---What do you plan ____ this weekend? ---I've no idea. A. do B. doing C. to do D. to doing
8. What time do you expect her ____? A. arrive B. is arriving C. arriving D. to arrive 9.---Jack, could you help me ___ when the plane will take off on the Internet? ---I'm sorry, my computer doesn't work. A. get out B. look out C. take out D. find out
10. ---It's too hot. Would you mind my ___ the window? ---___. Do it as you like, please. A. to open, OK B. opening, Certainly not C. openning, Of course D. open, Good idea
11. She enjoys _________.
A. swim B. swimming C. swims
12. You have no _______ to say so. A. right B. left C. wrong
13. Mary, a ____ girl, is a new student.
A. ten years old
B. ten-years old