Do you want to watch a game show?
What are these TV shows?
Tell it like it is
sitcom = situation comedy
中央电视台新闻 晚间新闻 世界报道 天气预报 体育新闻 实话实说 连续剧 人与自然 情景喜剧
CCTV News Evening News World’s Report Weather Report
Tell it like it is
Man and Nature Sitcom
1a Match the TV shows with the pictures [a-g].
1.talk show____ e
2.soap opera____ d
3.sports show____ b c 4. sitcom _______ 5.game show_____ a g 6.talent show_____ 7.news ________ f
1b Listen and number the shows [1-4] in the order you hear them.
2 ____talent show 4 ____soccer game
____talk show 1 3 ____ news
1c Practice the conversation. Then make your own conversations. A: What do you want to watch? B: What do you think of talk shows? A: They’re Ok. I don’t mind them. B: Then let’s watch a talk show.
don’t mind don’t like can’t stand (不介意, 不反对)
What do you think of news?
? Chinese Culture
What do you think of Chinese Culture ?
What do you think of Chinese Cooking?
? Chinese Cooking
What do you think of Animal World ?
? Animal World
Around the World
Man and Nature
体育新闻 实话实说 肥皂剧 人与自然 情景喜剧
CCTV News Evening Report World’s Report Weather Report Sports News Tell it like it is Soap Opera Man and Nature Sitcom
1. 你觉得肥皂剧怎么样? 我受不了。 What think of soap ______? ________ do you ______ ___ _____ operas I ______ ________ _______. can’t stand them
2. 他不喜欢情景喜剧。 doesn’t like _______. He _______ _____ sitcoms 3. Tina对运动节目不在乎。 doesn’t mind sports shows Tina _______ ______ ______ ______.
4. Tony认为谈话节目怎么样? 他很喜爱它。 does talk shows --What ______Tony think of _____ _____? loves -- He ________ it. 5. 我哥哥喜欢体育世界而我姐姐喜欢情景喜剧。 likes while My brother ______ Sports World _______ my sitcom sister likes ________．
Don’t watch TV too much! It’s bad for your health and study
Do you want to watch a game show?
2a Listen to Lin Hui and Sally’s conversation. Number the TV shows [1-5]in the order you hear them ______ sitcoms 1 ______ news 2 ______ game shows 4 3 ______ talk shows ______ soap opera 5
2b Listen again. Complete the sentences. 1. Sally likes to watch sitcoms. 3. Sally thinks than sitcoms. 4. Sally loves of Our Past . . She plans to watch Days are more educational . from
2. Lin Hui thinks she can learn
2c Ask and answer questions about the TV shows in 2a. Use information t
hat is true for you.
A: Do you plan to watch the news tonight?
B: Yes, I like watching the news. I watch it
B: Because I hope to find out what’s going on
around the world.
1.Do you plan to watch the news tonight? 你今晚打算看新闻吗？ plan vt. & vi.计划, 打算，常用搭配为
plan to do sth 计划做某事 plan 还可作名词，如：make plans 制定计划 according to plan 根据计划。 例如： I plan to go swimming tomorrow. It is better for you to make plan for your future.
2. Do you want to join me? 你想要加入我吗？ 1) want vt. 意为“需要；想要”。
want + n 想要……
I want a sweater. 我需要一件毛衣。
The boy wants to go to Taiyuan.
want to do sth 想要做某事
e.g. If you want to be respected, please learn to
respect others first. 如果你想别人尊重你，就请先尊重别人。
want sb to do sth 想让某人干某事……
I want her to go to a movie with me. 我想让她和我去看电影。
3. What do you think of game shows?
1) What do you think of ...? “你认为·· ·· ··
怎么样?” 谈论对某事物的喜好程度, 可选择的回答有： I like it./I don't mind it./I don't like it./ I can't stand it./I like it very much./I love it./ It's beautiful./They're fantastic.
2) think “想, 考虑, 思索”(v. 动词) 可以和许多
think of “考虑”; “有··的看法”, 有时等同于 ·· ··
e.g. What does he think of Beijing Opera?
My mother always thinks of everything!
think highly of sb. /sth. 对某人或某物评价甚高 e.g. Mr. Black thinks highly of his son. 布莱克先生对他儿子评价甚高。
think about “考虑” (指计划, 观念, 看它是否
e.g. He is thinking about going to China.
4. I don’t mind them.
mind: 介意; 在乎; 反对。其后接名词或v-ing 形式或从句作宾语，常用于疑问句、否定句、 条件句中。 (表示请求或征求意见) Would you mind doing …? e.g. Would you mind opening the door? Do you mind …? e.g. Do you mind my dog?
5. I can’t stand it! 我不能忍受它/我受不了它！
stand 1)“站, 站立” e.g. Stand up! 起立
2) “顺利接受; 忍耐、忍受” (多用于
否定句、疑问句) , 后可接动名词。
e.g. I can’t stand the movie! It is too boring!
Mary couldn't stand the hot weather.
Can you stand the pain? 你忍受得了疼吗?
I can’t stand waiting any longer.
I can’t stand your being treated like that.
Do you want to watch the news? What do you plan to watch tonight? What can you expect to learn from sitcoms?
Yes, I do./No, I don’t. I plan to watch Days of Our Past. You can learn some great jokes.
Why do you like watching Because I hope to find out the news? wh
at’s going on around the world.
What do you think of talk shows?
I don’t mind them./I can’t stand them!/I love watching them!
3a Make a conversation and then practice it with a partner.
A: What do you plan to watch on TV tonight?
watch sports news B: I hope to _____________________, but I also want to _____________________. watch the talk show
want to watch How about you? Do you __________________ sports news a talk show or ______________________? watch the talk show A: Oh, I want to ______________________.
3b Answer these questions. Give answers that are true for you.
1. What do you think of game shows? 2. What comedy shows do you like to watch? 3. Do you plan to watch a sports show tonight? 4. What can you expect to learn from the news?
3c Ask your classmates questions and write their names in the chart.
动词不定式 动词不定式是非谓语动词的一种，它没有 人称和数的变化，在句子中不能独立作谓 语，但它仍保持动词的特点，既可以有自 己的宾语和状语。 动词不定式 的构成： to+动词原形
? 动词不定式具有名词、 形容词和副词的特征。 因此在句中可以做主语 、表语、宾语、宾语补 足语、定语和状语。 ? 本单元学习不定式做宾 语和宾语补足语。
后面能接不定式作宾语的动词有：agree, ask, choose, decide, forget, hope, learn, want, wish, would like等。如： We hope to get there before dark. 我们希望 天黑以前到那儿。 The girl decided to do it herself. 那个姑娘决 定自己做那件事。
1．有些动词既可跟不定式作宾语，也可跟 动名词作宾语，但含义不同： remember to do 记住要做某事； remember doing 记得曾经做过某事 forget to do忘记要做某事 forget doing 忘记曾经做过某事
stop to do 停下来去做某事 stop doing 停 止做某事 go on to do 继续做另一件事 go on doing 继续做原来在做的事 I remember seeing you somewhere before. 我记得以前在哪儿见过你。 Please remember to turn off the light when you leave. 离开时请记得关好灯。
2．不定式作宾语时，如带有宾语补足语， 则要把不定式放到后面，用it作形式宾语， 构成“主语+动词+it+宾补（形容词、名词 ）+不定式”结构。如： He found it very difficult to get to sleep. 他发现很难入睡。
1．后面能接to不定式作宾语补足语的动词 有：ask, order, teach, tell, want, wish, help 等。 The teacher told us to do Exercise 1. 老师要我们做练习一。
I want both of you to go. 我要你们俩去。 We helped her (to) repair her bike. 我们帮助她修理自行车。
2．使役动词let, have, make及感官动词see, watch, notice, hear, feel等要以不带to的
不定 式作宾补。 Let’s have a rest. 我们休息一会吧。 I saw him come in. 我看见他进来了。
感官动词后既可跟不带to的不定式作宾补 ，也可跟v-ing作宾补，前者表示动作的全 部过程已结束；后者表示动作正在进行。 I saw him come downstairs.我看见他下了 楼。（说明他下楼了这件事） I saw him coming downstairs.我看见他在 下楼。（说明他下楼时的情景）
动词不定式的否定式是在to前加not；不带 to的不定式则在动词前加not. 如： Zhang Ming asked me not to stay at home all day. 张明要我不要整天呆在家里。 My mother let me not do it by myself. 妈妈让我不要独自做这件事。
Do you want to watch a game show?
2a Discuss the following questions with a partner. 1.Do you like to watch cartoons?
2.What is your favorite cartoon?
3.Why do you like it?
2b Read the passage and complete the time line on the next page.
When people say “culture”, we think of art and history. But one very famous symbol in American culture is a cartoon. We all know and love the black mouse with two large round ears-Mickey Mouse. Over 80 years ago, he first appeared in the cartoon Steamboat Willie.
When this cartoon came out in New York
on November 18, 1928, it was the first
cartoon with sound and music. The man
behind Mickey was Walt Disney. He
became very rich and successful. In the
1930s, he made 87 cartoons with Mickey.
Some people might ask how this cartoon animal became so popular. One of the main reasons is that Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. In his early films, Mickey was unlucky and had many problems such as losing his house or girlfriend, Minnie. However, he was always ready to try his best. People went to the cinema to see the “little man” win. Most of them wanted to be like Mickey.
On November 18, 1978, Mickey became the first cartoon character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Today’s cartoons are usually not so simple as little Mickey Mouse, but everyone still knows and loves
him. Who has a pair of ears more famous than
当人们说到“文化，”我们就会想到艺术 和历史。但是美国文化里的一个有名的标志是 卡通。我们都知道而且喜欢黑色的带着两只圆 耳朵的老鼠 - 米老鼠。80多年前，它第一次出 现在Steamboat WIllie (威利蒸汽船的电影)里。
当这个卡通在1928年11月18 日出现在纽约的时候，它是第一 部没有声音和音乐的卡通。米老 鼠背后的男人是Walt Disney。 他变得很有钱很成功。在20世纪 30年代，他用米老鼠为题材制作 了87部卡通。
一些人可能会问这个卡通动物 怎么这么受欢迎。一个主要原因是 米老鼠就像一个普通人，但是他经 常努力面对任何的危险。在他早期 电影里，米老鼠很不幸而且有很多 问
题譬如丢了房子 丢了女朋友 米妮。 但是，他一直准备好尽最大的努力。 人们去电影院看“小人物”成功。 他们中的大多数想要成为米老鼠。
在1978年11月18日，米老 鼠成了好莱坞星光大道上的第 一个卡通形象的明星。现在的 卡通不像米老鼠这么简单，但 是人们仍然知道和喜爱它。谁 有一对比米老鼠更有名的耳朵？
Steamboat Willie came out in New York
he made 87 cartoons with Mickey.
Mickey became the first cartoon character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Over 80 years ago
November 18, 1978
2c Read the passage again and fill in the facts about Mickey.
What does he look like? Who created him? What was his first cartoon? A black mouse with two large round ears-Mickey Walt Disney Steamboat Willie Minnie Why is he popular? Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger.
Who is his girlfriend?
2d Read the passage again and discuss the questions with a partner. 1. What is Mickey Mouse a symbol of? What cartoon character is a symbol of Chinese culture?
American culture. Ne Zha.
2. Do you think Walt Disney is a smart man? Why or why not? Do you want to be like him? Yes , I think so . Because his cartoon is famous all over the world. Yes ,I do.
3. Why did people want to be like Mickey? Do you want to be like Mickey? Why or why not?
Because it is like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. Yes , I do. Because I want to try my best to live.
4. Can you think of another cartoon character that is as famous as Mickey? Why is the character popular?
Su Wukong. Because he can face every
problem in his life and win at last.
2e Underline the following phrases in the passage. Write your own sentences or questions using the phrases. think of come out one of the main reasons such as was ready to more than just
1.I like to find out what different people think
about a subject.
此句中的“ find out” 用作及物动词短语，
Please find out when the train leaves.
表示“寻找，找出等近义词还有“ look for ,
e.g. What are you looking for? 你在找什么？ （强调找的过程） 2) find vt. “找” 强调找的结果。 e.g. I looked for my book everywhere, but I didn’t find it. (结果是没找到）
1）look for “寻找”指有目的地找。强调“寻找”
2. What is your favorite cartoon? 你最喜欢的卡通片是什么？ “ what’ s your favorite…? 是用来询问对方 最喜爱事物是什么。其同义句为“ what… do you like best? 回答用: My favorite book is … 或是 I like …best. e.g. --what’s your favorite book? = what book do you like best? -- My favorite book is Snow White. 或是 I like Sno
w White best.
3. When people say “culture”, we think of art and history. 当人们提起文化时，我们就 会想到艺术和历史。 think of 有考虑；想起；有…想法；对…有 意见 等意思。在该句中应理解为“ 想起， 想到”。例如： Does the poem make you think of spring? 这首诗有没有让你想到春天？ How many stars can you think of? 你能想到多少明星？
4. When this cartoon came out in New York on November 18, 1928, it was the first cartoon with sound and music. 当这部动画片于1928 年11月18 问世于纽约 时，它成为第一部带有音乐的动画片。 “ come out” 在本句中译为“ 出版” 引申为 “ 问世”。此外还有：出来，（花）开出来之意。 e.g. The book comes out this week. 该书本周上市。 Oh, look! The sun's coming out! 噢，看！太阳出来啦！
5. One of the main reasons is that Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. 一个主要原因是米奇看似一个普通人，但 他总是尝试应对任何危险。 one of …后跟可数名词复数，表示…之一。 其后的谓语动词用单数。 e.g. One of my favorite movies is Mr. Bean. 我最喜欢的电影之一是憨豆先生。 One of my best friends is Ann. 安是我最好的朋友之一。
6. However, he was always ready to try his best. 然而， 他总是做好尽全力的准备。 1) be ready to do sth 准备做某事 get ready to do sth 与之同义，但前者强 调状态，后者强调动作。 e.g. Are you ready to start? 你准备好了吗？ Please get ready to start. 请作好开始的准备。
2) Try one’s best 尽某人最大的努力
其后跟动词不定式形式，即： try one’s best
to do sth.
e.g. Don't give up. Just try your best.
Come on！Just try your best to let your dream come true. 加油！尽最大的努力去实现你的梦想吧。
7. People went to the cinema to see the “little man” win.
人们去电影院是为了看这个“ 小人儿” 赢。
go to the cinema 也可译为“ 看电影”类似
go to movies
go to a movie
go to see a movie.
8. Today’s cartoons are usually not so simple as little Mickey Mouse.
此句中not so… as 结构表示“ 不像……那
It wasn’t so good as last time.
It is not so easy as you’d think.
9. She dresses up like a boy and takes her father’s place to fight in the army. 她女扮男装，替父上战场打仗。 1） dress up “盛装打扮、乔装打扮”。 e.g. I’d like you to dress up for my birthday party tonight. 今晚我希望你为我的生日派对打扮打扮。 Young kids often dress up and have fun at Halloween. 万圣节前夜，小孩子通常都 乔装打扮，玩得很开心。
）take one’s place 取代某人的位置，顶替。 e.g. Nam believes that no one can take
Kin's place in her heart.
10. They did a good job in the movie. 他们在电影中表演出色。 do a good job 好好干；干得好; 干得出色 e.g. I'm sure you can do a better job next time. 我相信你下次会干得更好。 You've done a good job of it. 你干得太漂亮了!
? famous adj. 著名的， 出名的 famous同义词是well-known,反义词是 unkown。famous除了可以放在名词前作 定语外还可以作表语，常见以下结构： （1）be famous for表示某人以某种知识 技能或特征出名，或以某种特产而出名， 意为 “因为…出名” The area is famous for its green tea.这 个地区以绿茶而出名。
1. 你喜欢什么样的电影? 喜剧。 What ____ of ________ do you like? kind movies I like comedies. 2. 他不喜欢京剧, 因为京剧太没意思了。 doesn’t He ______ like Beijing Opera, it boring because ___ is very _______.
3. 他是我最喜欢的演员, 我认为他很 出色。 He is my _______ actor. I ______ he favorite think great is ______. 4. 她认为喜剧很有趣, 所以经常和朋友 去看喜剧。 thinks She ________ comedies are very funny often goes ______, so she _____ ______ to see with comedies ______ her friends.
三．单项选择 1. What do you ________ do? B A. want B. want to C. like D. to like 2. My grandfather ________ stay ________ home C and watch TV. A. like, at B. like, in C. likes to, at D. likes to, in 3．________ kind of movies ________ Lucy like? A A．What, does B．What, do C．What’s, does D．Which, do
4．________ a word, we can learn a lot B ________ Chinese history.
A．For, for C．For, about B．In, about D．In, for
5. Gina likes action movies, ________ she doesn’t D
A．nineth C．the nineth
B．ninth D．the ninth
D 6. September is ________ month of the year.
Let’s review the phrases.
1. 想起 __________ think of 2. 例如 ________ such as 3. 发行; 出版 ___________ come out 4. 在二十世纪三十年代 _____________ in the 1930s 5. 主要原因之一 ______________________ one of the main reasons 6. 努力做某事 ______________ try to do sth. 7. 准备好做某事 __________________ be ready to do sth. 8. 尽最大努力 _____________ try one’s best
Do you like cartoons? Do you know Mulan? Can you say something about her?
Mulan didn’t have any brothers. She took her father’s place to join the army. Mulan dressed up like a boy. Nobody knew she was a girl in the army.
1. dress up 装扮; 乔装打扮 e.g. The girls dressed up to take part in the party. 女孩子 们打扮起来去参加舞会。 2. take one’s place 代替; 替换 e.g. A robot will take his place. 一名机器人将代替他的位置。
3. army n. 陆军; 陆军部队 e.g. My brother joined the
army last year. 去年我哥参了军。
4. do a good job 干得好 e.g. I hope you’ll do a good job in the company. 希望你在公司好好干。
Fill in the blanks in the movie review. Use the words in the box to help you.
阅读指导： 首先, 阅读短文, 整体把握短文大意。 其次,分析有空格的每个句子,判断空格处 的意思,联系所给单词,确定空格处应填的 单词。 最后,再通读一遍短文,看是否通顺合理。
fantastic shows action want comes from played about like exciting plan
Mulan is an ________ ______ movie. It exciting action ___________ an old Chinese story. The comes from movie is ______ a village girl, Mulan. She about dresses up like a boy and takes her father’s place to fight in the army. I think the actress _______ Mulan’s role well. played fantastic The other actors are also _________ and
they did a good job in the movie. I _____ Mulan very much. The movie like _______ her love for her family, shows friends and country. If you ______ to plan watch a movie this weekend and you ______ to see something enjoyable, want choose Mulan!
Write notes for your own movie review.
The name of the movie: ______________ The Lion King The kind of the movie: _______________ Cartoon What the movie is about: Simba’s father was the king. But his ___________________________________ uncle, Scar killed his father. When ___________________________________ Simba grew up, he came back to the ___________________________________ forest and became the true king. ___________________________________ What you think of the movie/star: ____________________ It was fantastic.
Write your movie review using 3c the notes in 3b.
1) ─ What do you think of soap operas? ─ I can’t mind them. ─ What does your father think of soap operas? ─ He can’t mind them, too.
2) ─ What show do you want to watch tonight? ─ I want to watch a talent show.
3) ─ What does she expect to learn from game show? ─ She expects to learn some interesting information. 4) ─ What does your grandpa hope to watch tomorrow? ─ He hopes to watch news.
5) ─ Do you plan to watch an action movie? ─ No, I don’t. I plan to watch a comedy.
2. Which of these statements do you agree with (√) or disagree with (×)? Give at least one reason.
1) I think game shows are meaningless. ( I think we can learn some interesting things from game shows. 2) I can’t stand soap operas. ( ) I think soap operas are interesting and relaxing.
3) I think sitcoms and talent shows are relaxing. ( ) 4) I love talk shows. ( ) I think talk shows are boring. 5) I think comedies are fantastic. ( )