Unit 5 请收好资料
Belong final interview finger
属于（短语） anxious noise lift
author worried wind stone
picnic owner neighbor ant
hair band Oxford University footstep ocean
possibly chase garbage dishonest
drop sky mystery pretend
symphony helicopter director use up
optometrist creature monkey attempt
appointment catch escape
crucial unhappy bark
make up extremely smell
-What is your mother going to do this Saturday?--I'm not sure. She _____go to see my grandmother.
A. can B. must C .may
2.-May we leave the classroom now?—No,you _________.You_________to leave until the bell rings.
A.must;are allowed B.can't ,aren't supposed C.needn't ;aren't allowed
3.-Is Jessica giving us a speech this evening?--No,it________be her.She________to Japan.
A.mustn't ;has gone B.mustn't ;has been C.can't ;has gone D.can't ;has been
4.-Mr Smith must have been to your home this morning.
—No,he______,because he didn't know my address. (2010.江苏省无锡市.8. 1)
A.couldn't B.can't C.mustn't D.may not
5.-Must I mop up the follr now?—No,you________.
A.needn't B.can't C.shouldn't D.mustn't
6.-The lake is said to be dry.Is that ture?--It _______.Look ,some kids are swimming in it.
A.must be true B.can't be true C.may not be true
7.-Is the man over there Mr. Brown?--It_____be him.He's much shorter. （2010·浙江省湖州市，19，1）
A.must B.can't C.needn't D.may
8.-Where's Jeff?—I'm not sure. He ______be playing football on the playground.
A.need B.might C.must D.can
9.-The winner of the race is a tall and thin boy with glasses.
—Then it_____be my friend,Mike,who looks like very fat. （2010·新疆省阜康市，25，1）
A.might B.can't C.don't D.should
10.—Listen! Is it Linda singing in the next room?—No, it __________ be her. She is still in Shanghai.
A．can't B．couldn't C．may not D．might not
11.__This pair of shoes _ belong to Jack. He likes this kind very much.- It ____ be his. It's too large for him.
A. can; can't B. may; needn't C. must; mustn't D. must; can't
12.It doesn't look like rain, so you ______ bring your umbrella with you. （2010·广东省，22，1）
A. shouldn't B. mustn't C. can't D. needn't
13. The new car ________ Mr. Wang now.A. is belonging to B. belongs to C. is belonged to D. belong
14.—Mary’s parents have bought a large house with a big swimming pool.---It _______be very expensive .
B. must B.can C. mustn’t D. may not
13. –That T- shirt with Yao Ming’s picture on it ______ belong to Tommy. He admires him a lot.
- No, it ______ be his. He doesn’t like black at all.
A. can; can’t B. may; needn’t C. must; mustn’t D. must; can’t
14. – Would you like to go swimming with me this afternoon?
Unit 5 请收好资料 - I’d love to. But I’m afraid I ______. I have a lot of homework to do.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. needn’t
15. Can you swim in the river?No, I _____.A. mustn’t B. may not C. can’t D. needn’t
16. May I go swimming now? No, you ___. You must finish your homework first.
A. mustn’t B. may not C. couldn’t D. needn’t
17. Excuse me. Where is the zoo?Sorry, I don’t know. Ask that policeman. He _____ know.
A. shall B. may C. need D. would
18. ___ I finish the work today? No, you needn’t.
A. Must B. May C. Can D. Need
19. Tom, where is your father? I’m not sure. He_______ in his office.
A. is B. may be C. maybe D. may
20. Where is Tom?He hasn't come to school today. I think he________ be ill.
A. has to B. should C. may D. need
21. This book _____ Lucy’s. Look! Her name is on the book cover.
A. must be B. may be C. can’t be D. mustn’t be
22. Sally _____ go to school by bike, but I’m not sure.
A. may be B. maybe C. might D. must
23. –Listen! Helen is singing in the next room.- It _____ be Helen. She has gone to Guangzhou.
A. would B. can’t C. could D. might
24.There is ________ snow.Put on your coat. It’s _____cold today.
A. too much,much too B. too much, too many C. much too,much too D. too much ,too much
25.She pretended _______ me when she passed by.
A. to not see B. not to see C. not seeing D. having not seen
26.She always __________ all the money and has to borrow some from others
A. spends B. uses C. uses up D. use up
27.The hotel guests tried their best to ________ the burning building.
A. come up with B. escape from C. break off D. get along with
28.—________ does this car belong to ? -- Mr Green, I think.
A. Who B. What C. Whose D. How
29.We had a lot of delicious food ______ the picnic.A. on B. in C. at D. of
30.What do you think ―anxious‖ ______?A. mean B. means C. meaning D. meant
31.This books belong to _____.A his B he’s C hers D him
32.There were a large number of people ______ garbage.
A. collect B. collecting C. collected D. was collecting
33. She pretends _______ this matter at all, although he knows everything.
A. to not know B. not know C. not to know D. not knowing
34.---Which jacket shall we take, Bob?--________ one you like, It’s all the same to me.
A. Any B. Other C. Another D. Others
35.--- It seems to rain. You’d better take _______ umbrella with you .--Thank you. I will.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
36.As we know, Henan has ___________ population in China.
A. the largest B. the bigger C. the larger D. the most
37. --Have you heard of the terrible fire which happened in Shanghai?- Yes, It ____ many times on TV.
A. reported B. was reported C. has been reported D. will be reported
38.---May I put my bike here?-- No, you ________. Look at the sign: NO PARKING.
Unit 5 请收好资料
A. needn’t B. may not C. mustn’t D. won’t
39.Though Guo Mingyi is poor, he often _________ money to people who need help.
A. gives up B. gives off C. gives away D. gives back
40. ----Your telephone number again? I didn’t quite _________ it. --- 5872398.
A. notice B. catch C. know D. write
41.---I think English is ________ maths. -- Yes, I think so.
A. much important than B. so important as C. as important as D. as more important as
42.---Do you mind if I close the door?-- _________. It’s very cold outside.
A. You can’t do B. Mind your own business C. Not in the slightest D. Be more careful
43.---Sorry, I don’t know what the teacher said just now. --- He asked Maria____________.
C. how long she usually spends on her homework. B.what she was doing these days
C.if she has finished her homework on time D.When the speech will begin.
44.--- I don’t like football _______ basketball. What about you?-- I’m not sure, _______ I like volleyball.
A. and; but B. nor; and C. or; and D. or; but
45.---Is there ________ on today’s news paper?
--- It is reported that millions of people can’t go back home in the south because of the frozen weather.
D. something special B. special something C. special anything D. anything special
46.---Shall I introduce you to Jim?---__________. We’ve met.
E. As soon as possible B. There’s no need C. Not at all D. It’s my pleasure
47.Try to guess its meaning when you meet a new word. Don’t ______ your dictionary all the time.
A. keep on B. depend on C. decide on D. try on
48. The teacher speaks very loudly _________ all the students can hear her.
A. so that B. because C. since D. when
1.They think Mary is ________(possible) right.
2.The football belongs to_______ (he).
3.The CD could be ________（Lucy）
4.________(whose) does this bike belong to?
5.Luxun is one of my favourite ________(author)
6.Can you help me find the ________(own)of the backpack?
7.The monkeys ______(drop) the basket and ran away.
8.The teacher tells us _________(not worry) about tests too much.
9.________ (final) ,they found the boy with the help of the police.
10.I hope _________(be ) a scientist when I grow up.
11. The man might be _________(run ) to catch a bus.
12. The radio is too __________(noise).Will you please turn it a bit down?
13. They had fun ________(play) basketball with us yesterday
14. The bad news made her __________(happy).
15. There are a lot of birds _________(sing ) in the trees
16. Fred is afraid of ____________(fly) in the sky.
17. We went to the park yesterday and enjoyed _________ (we) there
18. I felt worried when I was _________( interview) by the reporter.
19._______(final), they arrived at an agreement.
Unit 5 请收好资料
20. You don’t know how _________(worry) I was at that time!
21. The hair band ______(belong) to her.
22. It’s ________(possibly) for us to achieve our dreams if we work hard
23. These people must be ________(make) a movie.
24. He ______ (drop) his classes to go to play computer games yesterday evening.
25. How many ______ (monkey) can you see?
26. I can’t stand the ______ (noise) children. They never stop talking.
27. The green coat must be ______ (she).
28. The old house _____ (belong) to my grandma. She has lived in it for nearly thirty years.
29. There are many people wearing strange clothes.. They may be ______ (make) movies.
30. The old man looks _____ (worry). What happened to him?
31. What do you think ― anxious‖ _______(mean)?
1.In this city , the biggest restaurant _________ a businessman at present.
2. In the race , when the girl began to run she _________ her stick.
3. The famous person _____________ about the news in their daily life on the next day off.
4. Where is Tom ? He ____________ to raise the big stone.
5. Sir,it’s crucial _________ the thief ,because all my money is in my bag.
6.Boys and girls , ____________ each other in the road is so dangerous.
7. We must be careful , because 3 thieves _______________ from the prisons.
Mr. White works in an office. He liked reading in bed when he was at school. It was bad for his eyes and now he is near-sighted. But he wouldn't want anybody else to know about it and he never wears a pair of glasses. It often brings him some trouble.
One winter morning he was sent to a village school on business. He got off a bus at a stop in a small town. Then he had to walk there. The road to the village wasn't smooth. There were stones here and there. He fell over several times and it made his clothes very duty. At last he got to the village. Suddenly it began to blow strongly and it got much colder. His hat was blown off while he w as looking for the school. He had to run after it but he couldn't catch it. He was wondering why his hat ran into a house as if it had legs. And then he ran into the house, too.
A big woman appeared and stopped him by shouting angrily, " What are you running after my hen for?"
41. According to the passage, which of the following is true?
A. Mr. White wears a pair of glasses. B. Mr. White works in a village school.
C. Mr. White likes reading in bed in his office.
D. Mr. White often has some trouble because of his near sight.
42. What was the weather like when Mr. White was walking to the village school?
A. It was warm. B. It was windy. C. It was fine. D. It was cool.
43. Mr. White couldn't get his hat because ______.
A. his hat had legs B. his hat was the big woman's
C. he couldn't see his hat at all D. he couldn't run as fast as his hat
In 1961, a man found a strange cat on his farm in Scotland. The cat's ears were folded, bent forward, on its head. In fact, this was a new kind of cat. People named it the "Scottish Fold(苏格兰折耳猫)".
The Scottish Fold has a round head and large eyes. Its neck and legs are short, which makes it look very cute. Interestingly, all the Scottish Folds are born with straight and unfolded ears. And when they are grow ing up 4
Unit 5 请收好资料 day by day, some cats' ears will begin to fold. So, the Scottish Fold comes in two types: folded ears and straight ears.
Besides, there is a nickname for the Scottish Fold. It is the " Messenger of Peace". Why?
Because the Folds are sweet and friendly animals. They can get along well with other cats. And
unlike some other cats, they can even get along well with dogs! In many different environments, such as at a noisy house, or in a cat show, you can see them playing with other animals happily.
Well, when you come to a new school, do you think it's difficult to adapt to the new environment? Perhaps you can learn from the Scottish Fold. That is: always be sweet and friendly to others.
44. Tie Scottish Fold _____.
A. is born with folded ears B. is born with straight ears
C. always has folded ears D. always has straight ears
45. What does the Scottish Fold look like?
A. It has a round head and large eyes. B. Its neck and legs are short.
C. It looks very cute. D. All above.
46. Why are the Scottish Folds named the " Messenger of Peace" ?
A. Because their ears are folded. B. Because they look very cute.
C. Because they can get on well with other animals.
D. Because they can stay at a noisy house or in a cat show.
47. According to the passage, what is the writer' s suggestion to us when we are in a new
A. We should have a nickname. B. We should learn from the cats.
C. We should get along well with dogs. D. We should always be sweet and friendly to others.
The widespread number of food scandals ( 丑闻) in China is making many people pause before they put their chopsticks in their mouth. They are wondering if the food they are eating is clean, healthy and nutritious or does it contain something harmful that will cause disease?
Most of the food we eat today is processed food( 加工食品). That means the foods we buy in stores and supermarkets, especially packaged foods, are prepared in factories. Chemicals are added to the foods in these factories to make them look better, taste better and last longer on the shelf. The chemicals are supposed to be harmless and there are laws that regulate which chemicals can and cannot be used. Unfortunately, some producers do not obey the laws.
A producer of steamed buns (馒头) in Zhejiang Province was recently discovered to be breaking the law. He was adding yellow dye and other banned chemicals to the buns. He was also taking old buns and using them to make new buns. Most of the buns were sold to schools and eaten by students. . . like you'
Why did he do it? Why did he break the law and endanger people's health? The answer is simple: he wanted to make more money. It was a moral failing, and this is at the heart of the food scandals in China. Too many people focus on making money and not on the effects their actions can have on others.
48. Chemicals are added to the foods in the factories because _____.
A. they want to make the foods look better, taste better and last longer
B. they want to make the foods contain something harmful
C. chemicals will cause disease D. chemicals are harmless
49. According to the pa ssage, which is NOT true?
A. Most of the food we eat today is prepared in factories.
B. There are laws that regulate which chemicals can and cannot be used.
C. The food scandals in China are making many people worry about the food safety.
D. Most of the buns were sold to schools and eaten, by students in Zhejiang Province.
50. It was a moral failing, and this is at the heart of the food scandals in China. Here what's
Unit 5 请收好资料 the Chinese meaning of "moral failing"?
A. 精神崩溃 B. 道德滑坡 C. 质量下降 D. 心理失衡
51. What is the main reason of the food scandals in China?
A. Some producers do not obey the laws.B. The processed food is clean, healthy and nutritious.
C. Too many people pay much attention to making money.
D. The chemicals are supposed to be harmless and can be used.
Do you know that it is your own immune system working against the virus that makes you uncomfortable when getting a cold, but not the virus itself? So when you have got a strong immune system and the virus is strong enough too, you will possibly get terrible cold symptoms( 症状) ?
Vitamin C won't stop a cold
It is claimed that Vitamin C helps by increasing white blood cells. However, many tests have shown that it does not prevent colds. At best, it only slightly reduces the rime of symptoms.
Staying indoors won't protect you
One of the most likely sources of cold viruses is your computer mouse or desk. A study of the cold virus in offices found that 47% of desktops, 46% of computer mice and 45% of telephones had cold viruses on them.
Wrapping up warm won't protect you
Colds are more common in autumn and winter. That's because the cool, wet and cold weather drives people indoors, where viruses may more easily jump from one person to another. And the distinct peak in colds(感冒高峰) is in September and early January, which is likely due to the return of students to schools and colleges after the summer and winter vacation.
Old granny's chicken soup is right
Granny's chicken soup is an old cure for colds since a long time ago. Scientists say it is true. Chicken soup does help cure a cold. Many canned soups are just efficient as homemade ones.
52. It is ______ that makes you uncomfortable when getting a cold.
A. the virus itself B. Vitamin C
C. the terrible cold symptom D. your own immune system
53. "Staying indoors won't protect you" tells us that ______ indoors.
A. there are many desks B. there are many telephones
C. there are many cold viruses D. there are many computer mice
54. The distinct peak in colds is in September and early January. That's because______.
A. it's in autumn and winter B. the weather is cool, wet and cold
C. students return to schools and colleges D. viruses can jump from one person to another more easily
55. Many canned soups are just efficient as homemade ones. The underlined word "efficient" means _____ in Chinese.
A. 有效的 B. 美味的 c. 值钱的 D. 方便的
● She might ...
● It is possible that ...