[dis`k???n] What did you do in class today? We had a discussion about TV shows.
A: What do you think of talent shows? B:I don’t mind them.
A: Why? B: Because they are a bit boring..
A: What do you think of News ? B:I love them.
B: Because I hope to find out what’s going on around the world. I hope to be a TV reporter one day.
A: What do you think of game shows ? B:I like them very much.
A: Why? B: Because they are very exciting. we can guess the answers to the questions . [ɡes]
A: What do you think of talk shows ? B:I love them .
A: Why? [ed??`ke???n?l] B: Because they are educational . We expect to learn a lot from them. [iks`pekt]
What does Jack think of soap operas?
He can’t stand them. Why?
Because he thinks they’re boring.
What does Sarah think of soap operas?
She likes them Why?
Because she likes to follow the story and see what happens next.
Read the conversation and match the persons with their favourite shows. game shows and sports shows soap operas news and talk shows
2d Role-play the conversation.
Grace: What did you do in class today, Sarah?
Sarah: We had a discussion about TV shows.
My classmates like game shows and
Grace: Oh, I can’t stand them. I
love soap operas. I like to
follow the story and see what happens next.
Sarah: Well, I don’t mind soap operas. But my favorite TV shows are the news and talk shows.
Grace: They’re boring!
Sarah: Well, they may not be very exciting, but
you can expect to learn a lot from them.
I hope to be a TV reporter one day.
1.游戏节目 2. 脱口秀 3. 体育节目 4. 肥皂剧 5.电视节目 6. 电视记者 7. 在班上 8. 跟着故事走 9.希望做某事 10. 总有一天 11.进行讨论
1. game shows 2. talk shows 3. sports shows 4. soap operas 5. TV shows 6. TV reporter 7. in class 8. follow the story 9. hope /expect to do 10.one day 11.have a discussion
1. educational adj. 教育的；有教育意义的 education (教育) + al → educational; 多 音节形容词，其比较级及最高级形式在 其前加more，most构成。 e.g. I think this movie is the most educational. 我认为这部电影最有教育意义。
2. plan v. & n. 打算; 计划
e.g. What’s your trip plan? 你们的旅行计划是什么？ plan to do sth. 计划/打算做某事 e.g. We plan to have a birthday party for Mary. 我们打算为玛丽举办一个 生日聚会。
3. hope v. & n. 希望
e.g. Don’t lose your hope! 不要灰心！ hope to do sth. 希望做某事 (能实现的理想)
e.g. They hope to take the plane to Beijing next year. 他们希望来年乘飞机去北京。
4. find out 查明; 弄清 (指通过调查、研究 等方式查明事情的真相) e.g. Did they find out where the old man lived? 他们查明那位老人住在哪里了吗？
辨析: find 意为“找到；发现”，强调动作 的结果。 e.g. Mr. Li found his lost keys in
the library. 李老师在图书馆里找到了他丢失的钥匙。
1. discussion n. 讨论; 商量 动词 discuss (讨论) + ion→ discussion e.g. Let’s discuss who is the best performer. 让我们讨论一下谁是最好的表演者。 Did you have a discussion about the food and drinks? 他们讨论过食物和饮料的事了吗？
2. stand v. 忍受; 站立 e.g. Li Fei can stand on his head. 李飞会倒立。 My aunt can’t stand soap operas. 我姑姑不能忍受肥皂剧。 3. happen v. 发生; 出现 不及物动词，后面不能跟宾语，常用 “事情/事物 + happen +（状语）”句式。 e.g. The story happened in 1997. 故事发生在1997年。
4. may model v. 也许; 可以; 可能 “may + 动词原形”一起构成句子的谓语。 e.g. You may go by bike or take the subway. 你们可以骑自行车去或乘地铁去。 5. expect v. 预料; 期待 expect to do sth. 期盼做某事 e.g. Jack expects to visit his grandparents this weekend. 杰克期望周末去看望他的祖父母。
1. 你们今天班上做什么了？ 我们进行了一次有关电视剧的讨论. What ____ you ______ in class today, Sarah? did do We _____ a discussion ______TV shows. had ______ _____ about 2. 我喜欢跟着电视剧走，看看下面发生了什么事 follow the story I like to _____ _____ _______and see _______ ________ next. what happens
3. 他们可能不太刺激，但是我希望从中学到很多 东西，我希望有一天会成为一个电视记者
They _____ _____ _____very exciting, but may not be from you can expect ____ _____a lot _____ them. to learn I hope ____ ______a TV reporter one day to be
动词不定式的形式：to + 动词原形 e.g. Jack wants to buy some flowers for Mr. Wu. 杰克想给吴老师买些花。 常见的跟动词不定式做宾语的动词: 想要 ______ 期望 ______ 希望 _______ expect hope want 计划 ______ 决定 ______ 学习 _______ plan decide learn ask 告诉 ______ 尽力 ______ 要求________ try tell
有些动词后面跟动词不定式时, 应将不定 式符号to省去。常见的动词有 let, make, feel, help, watch, hear 等。
e.g. 让我来帮助你。 Let me help you. 你能帮助我打扫房间吗？ Can you help me clean the house?
常见的动词有enjoy, finish, practice, mind keep等。 你喜欢看电视吗？ Do you enjoy watching TV.
你完成作业了吗? Did you finish doing your homework
【拓展】后面跟doing/ to do 都可以的动词
常见的动词有like, love, start, begin等。 你喜欢看电视吗？ Do you like watching/ to watch TV.
① 你想看新闻吗？ Do you want to ____ ______ _____? watch the news ② 你觉得谈话节目怎么样？ What do you ______ ___ _____ shows? think of talk ③ 我不介意看。/我不能忍受。/ 我喜欢看。 I don’t mind them. Ican’t ______ them. ______ ____ stand
I ____ ________ them. don’t like ④ 你计划今晚上看什么节目？ _______ do you______ _____watch tonight? What plan to
⑤ 我计划看《我们过去的时代》。 plan ____ watch Days of Our Past. I ______to ⑥ 你期望从情景喜剧中学到什么？ What can you expect ___learn from sitcoms? ______ to ____ ⑦ 你能学到一些很好的笑话。 You can _______ some great _____. learn jokes ⑧ 你为什么喜欢看新闻呢？ watching the news Why do you like _________ ___ ______? ⑨ 因为我希望查明在世界各地发了什么事情？ Because I ______ ____ _____ ___ what’s hope to find out going on ________ _______ around the world.
Make a conversation and then practice it with a partner.
A: What do you plan to watch on TV tonight? B: I hope to _________________, but I also watch game shows want to _________________. How about watch sports shows you? Do you _____________ a talk show want to watch soap operas or ___________? A: Oh, I want to ________________. watch soap operas
Answer these questions. Give 3b answers that are true for you. 1. What do you think of game shows? _____________________________ I don’t mind them. 2. What comedy shows do you like to watch? _____________________________ I like to watch The Winner. 3. Do you plan to watch a sports show tonight? _____________________________ No, I don’t. I think it’s boring.
4. What can you expect to learn from the news?
I expect to find out what’s going on ________________________________ around the world. ________________
1. She expects ________ (arrive) tomorrow. to arrive 2. Let’s _______ (watch) talk shows tonight. watch 3. They hope _______ (visit) the Great Wall to visit next year. 4. Do you plan ______ (find) a part-time job? to find 5. When do you want _____ (go) swimming? to go 6. My uncle often helps me _____ (learn) learn English.
Ask your classmates questions 3c and write their names in the chart.
Find someone who … wants to watch a movie hopes to watch a sitcom Students’ names
expects to watch the news
plans to watch a sports show never wants to watch a game show
用下列词组来造句。 1. want to … My sister wants to join a music club. 2. expect to … Mr. Li expects to visit America next year. 3. hope to … My cousin hopes to get good grades in math.
4. plan to …
We plan to help Mr. Li clean his office tomorrow. 5. find out Can you find out when the train will leave?
What do your classmates want to
My classmate Mary wants to watch soap operas. She thinks they are interesting.
Mark doesn’t like soap opera. He loves to watch news. He expects to … Lily likes …, because … Tom hopes to … Jack doesn’t like … My friends like watching TV Mary wants … shows very much.