Is this your mum?
F A M I L Y
? _ather ? _nd ? _other ?_ ? _ove ? _ou
1. To learn the new words and phrases 2. To understand “this, these, that, those”这四个指示代词的用法。
Do you have a happy family? Please show us your photo of
This is a photo of Xiaohong’s family. Let’s know them.
Look at the picture. Talk about Tony’s family. aunt brother cousin daughter family father grandfather grandmother grandparent mother parent sister son uncle
Let’s know the family of Tony’s.
This is a photo of Tony’s family. This is Tony’s …
brother aunt family
Listen and check (√) in Activity 1 the people Tony mentions.
aunt brother cousin daughter √ family father grandfather √ √ grandmother grandparent mother √ √ parent sister son uncle √ √ √
Now choose the correct answer. 1. Linda is Tony’s sister/ cousin. 2. Liz is Tony’s mother/ aunt. 3. Paul is Tony’s dad/ uncle. 4. Mike is Tony’s cousin/ brother.
Is this your mother? Are these your parents? Who are the boy and the girl? Yes, it is .aren't . They theymy cousins. No, are
Underline the correct words. Tony has a big family. In the photo his father’s parents are on the left / right and his mother’s parents are on the left / right. Mike and Helen are Tony’s cousins and they are in front of / next to Paul. Paul is Liz’s husband / brother.
Listen and repeat. Helen her husband
Is this your dad? No, it isn’t. That’s my uncle. Are these your
Yes, they are./ No,
指示代词的用法: this，these，that，those 成为指示代词, 用来指示或标示人或事物，其中, this和 that为单数, these和those 为复数。另外,
This is my bike, and that is her bike.
These are my books, and those are his
当指示代词所指的事物已确定时，后面 的指示代词指人时用he, she, they来代 替，指物时用it和they来代替，如： Is this your book? Yes, it is. Are these your uncles? No, they aren’t.
Phrases and useful expressions
1. on the left 在左边，on the right 在右边， 是表示方位的介词短语，不仅可以用来描 述人物之间的位置关系，还可用来描 述事物之间的位置关系。 例如： My bed is on the right, and his is on the left.
2. “in front of”, 在??(范围之外的)前 面, “in the front of”在??(范围之内 的) 前面，例如： My teacher is in front of the classroom.(说 明老师在教室的外面） My teacher is in the front of the classroom.(说明老师在教室的里面）
3. next to 是个介词短语，意思是“紧挨 着，紧靠着”，例如： The old man on the left is my grandfather. 左边的那位
老人是我的祖父。 The girl in front of me is my best friend. 我前面的那个女孩是我最要好的朋友。
4. What a big family!
啊！ 这是一个省略了的感叹句，完整的形式 是 What a big family it is! 基本句型结构：What + a(an) + (形容词 ) + 单数可数名词 + 主语 +谓语 e.g. 今天天气真好!
What a fine day it is!
Exercises Look at the photo of Tony’s family, and complete the sentences.
Look at the photo of Tony’s family, and complete the sentences. ____ is a photo of Tony’s family. This
His mother’s parents are on the ___, left
and his father’s parents are on the
____. The woman ____ __ his mum is right next to
Liz. The boy and girl ___ ____ __ Paul in front of are Mike and Helen.
1. --“Look! Do you know ___ man under the tree?” “Sorry, It’s too far to see___ clearly”.
A. this, him B. that,him C. this, her
2. --Look ! What’s ____ in the sky?
-- It looks like a kite.
A. this B. that C. those
1. New words: family, father, mother, daughter, son, left , right, woman … 2. Is this your…? Yes, …
Ask and answer questions about your family. Is this your …? No, it isn’t. Are these your …? Yes, they are.