Animals in danger
Language in use
Please say a sentence about each animal.
1 Match the two parts of the sentences.
1.They let the elephants ... 2. We want the animals ...
a) ... to help.
b) ... to become dangerous.
3. We should not allow the situation ... c) ... plant more bamboo.
4. Help us ...
5. They came here ...
d) ... live in the nature park. e) .... to be safe
呢？ 同学们自然会想到want to do sth., need to do sth.和 decide to do sth.等表达方式。
1. 什么是动词不定式？ 主要行为动词后面的动词采用了“to+动词原 形”的结构，我们把这种结构称为动词不定 式（有时可以不带to）。动词不定式没有人 称和数的变化，在句子中不能作谓语。下面 我们一起来看一下动词不定式有哪些语法功 能。
It is good to help others.
It is exciting to surf the Internet.
(2) 不定式作宾语 学习不定式作宾语时,要注意掌握后接不定式作宾语的 动词。常见动词有: want, hope, wish, like, begin, try,
need, forget, agree, help 等。
Many people decide not to think about it.
I want to go to the library. 我想去图书馆。
(3) 不定式作定语 不定式修饰名词或代词，起形容词的作用，在句中作
I have a lot of homework to do.
I’m hungry. Give me something to eat, please. 我饿了。请给我点吃的吧。
(4) 不定式作状语 不定式常常作目的状语、原因状语、结果状语等。不 定式作状语时，要注意不定式的逻辑主语应与句子的 主语保持一致。 I came to Beijing to see my grandpa. 我来北京看望我的爷爷。
I’m glad to meet you！很高兴见到你！
I’m too tired to walk.
She told me to buy a ticket. 她让我去买张票。 (6) 不定式作表语 不定式还可以作表语。例如： Our duty today is to clean the floor. 今天我们的任务是打扫地板。
一、单项选择。 1. Would you please tell me A. how do next? B. what to do
C. what do I do
2. The girl wasn’t
D. how I should do
to lift that bookcase.
A. too strong
C. strong enough
B. enough strong
D. so strong
3. For a time his grandmother found ______ accept his new idea. A. hard B. it hard C. it hard to D. hard to
4. As she has never been there before, I’ll have someone _____ her the way. A. show
B. to show
C. showing D. showed
5. You _____ drive slowly. The roads are wet. A. had rather B. would rather C. had better D. would better
6. What the scientist said greatly encouraged us ______
the experiment again, but his secretary’s words
discouraged us ________ the experiment any more.
A. to try; to do C. for trying; from doing B. to try; from doing D. trying; to do
7. In the old days it was difficult for the poor _______ a
A. find B. to find
D. to look for
8. When learning a foreign language, try your best _____ the spirit of it. A. master B. hold
C. take hold of A. for him to leave
C. for him leave finished it. A. putting back C. to put back
D. to master B. of him to leave
D. him to leave
9. It was foolish _______ his car unlocked.
10. Remember ______ the newspaper when you have
B. put back D. will put back
11. Your flat needs _______. Do you want me _____it for you? A. to clean; to do B. cleaning; doing
C. cleaning; to do
D. to be cleaned; doing
12. Because of air pollution being greatly reduced, this
city is still ______.
A. a good place which to be lived in
B. a good place to live in
C. a good place to live from
D. a good place to live for
13. — You were lost on your way to the lake, weren’t
— Yes, we were and had to stop _____ the way.
A. asking C. asked B. to ask D. to be asked
14. I’d prefer _______ at home rather than _______ a walk. A. to stay; to take C. to stay; take B. stay; to take D. stay; take
二、用所给动词的适当形式填空。 1. Do you know when ________ (have) a picnic? to have
2. She is very busy today. She has a lot of work _____ to do
(do). 3. Our teacher asked us _____(be) careful when we to be crossed the road. 4. It’s easy for us _________ (answer) the question. to answer
三、汉译英。 1. 我们需要更好地保护它们。 We need to protect them better. 2. 许多动物没地方住。 Many animals have no place to live.
What on earth can we do?
Now there’re many animals in danger.
Please write a short passage about animals in danger.
Happiness is a form of courage. 幸福是勇气的一种形式。