八年级英语Unit 1-2 检测题
1. Andrew is ____ active boy, but he has _____ unhealthy lifestyle.
A．a; a B．an; an C．an; a D．a; an
2. Is this new bike the same as______ A. her B. she C. hers D. she's
3. Here _____the results ______the student activity survey.
A. is; with B. are；of C. is , of D. are, with
4. You’re not _____ go to school, just stay at home.
A. good enough B. enough good C. well enough D. enough well
5. -Is there _____ in today’s newspaper?
A. anything special B . special anything C. nothing special D. special nothing
6. The hall is ____ people now. A. full with B. full of C. filled of D. full
7. Lana had to study for her physics test _____ the morning of July 12.
A．with B．at C．for D．on
8. If you want to be healthier, you must eat ______ junk food, I think.
A. more B. less C. fewer D. much
9. -______do you have a sports meeting? -Twice a year. A. How soon B. How often C. How long D. How far
10. I want to go ________ for my vacation.
A. interesting somewhere B. somewhere interesting
C. anywhere interesting D. interesting anywhere
11. Doing morning exercises ______ good ______ our health.
A．are; for B．are; to C．is; for D．is; at
12. I try to eat junk food' only once a month _____ I love it.
A. through B. but C. and D. although
13. –How can you study in the living room when other people are watching TV? –I think you need a ____ place.
A cleaner B. quieter C. safer D. smaller
14. The boy doesn’t speak ____ his sister, but his written work is very good.
A. as well as B. so good as C. more better than D. more worse than
15. He looks too tired. We’d better make him _______a rest at once.
A．stop to have B．to stop to have C．stop having D．to stop having 16. I like to have a friend who _____ me. A. like B. liking C. is like D. are like
17. He moved here a week ago. So he has good friends in this city.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
18. There ______ some bread and two cakes in the plate. A. is B. are C. has D. have
19. —Were there any seals in the zoo? —_________. We went to watch them last year.
A. No, there weren't B. Yes, there were. C. Yes, there was D. No, there wasn’t
20. -I usually go there by train. –Why not _____ by boat for a change?
A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going
二．完型填空 What should we do to keep healthy? One important rule is to exercise__46__. The Fang family try to exercise every day. Mr. Fang_47__exercise in the morning because 1
he must get to work at exactly seven o'clock. But he runs every evening. He walks a lot, __48__. He walks to school every day, and after school he__49__different sports with his friends. Mr. Fang goes to a yoga (瑜加功) class__50__.
But it wasn't_51__this way. Last year Mr. and Mrs. Fang used to(过去常常)_52__everywhere in their car, even to the drugstore(药店) two blocks(街区)away. They thought they had to use the car all the time. They wouldn't walk.
The Fangs all_53_better now. They believe they shouldn't be lazy. We_54_exercise every day, but we should try our__55_to exercise as often as possible.
1. A. often B. sometimes C. late D. later
2. A. may not B. can not C. would not D. should not
3. A. either B. also C. too D. again
4. A. watches B. plays C. loves D. likes
5. A. in two weeks B. for two weeks C. after two weeks D. twice a week
6. A. always B. even C. sometimes D. no
7. A. riding B. drive C. fly D. walk
8. A. had B. make C. feel D. feel like
9. A. needn't B. don't C. won't have D. mustn't
10. A. best B. good C. well D. better
Mike is a factory worker. He is often very tired after a day's work. His wife, Jenny, has no job, so she stays at home to cook the meals. Every day he can have his dinner when he gets home from his factory.
One day, Mike came home very late because he was very busy in the factory. He was very hungry when he got home. He was not happy when he found his dinner was not ready. He was very angry with his wife. He shouted at her, "I'm going out to eat in a restaurant." "Wait for five minutes，" said his wife. "Why? Do you think that dinner will be ready in five minutes?" asked Mike. "Of course not," she answered. "But I can be ready to go with you in five minutes."
1. Mike works in________. A. a factory B. an office C. a school D. a hospital
2. Jenny stays at home because ________.
A. she likes cooking B. she loves her husband very much
C. she doesn't have a job D. she doesn't want to work
3. One day, Mike came home very late because________.
A. he wanted to have dinner in a restaurant B. he had a lot of work to do
C. he was angry with his wife D. his wife didn't cook dinner 4. Mike was________ when he found his dinner was not ready.
A. happy B. glad C. hungry D. not happy 5. Which sentence is correct?
A. Jenny could have dinner ready in five minutes.
B. Jenny wanted to go to the restaurant with her husband.
C. Jenny didn't like the dinner at home.
D. Jenny didn't love her husband.
We all need to exercise. Doctors say it is good for us. It makes your heart and body strong. It also gives you more energy. And you will feel better about yourself. 2
lt's best to exercise twice a week. Twenty minutes each time is enough.
There are many ways to exercise. You can walk, run , play sports ,or swim. Many people go to special places to exercise.
They are ca1led "fitness centers." These places have a lot of equipment. Some People buy equipment for their homes. But it is very expensive.
Exercising can be fun. Friends can exercise together at a fitness center. Or, they can play sports together. How do you exercise ?
6. What is the main idea?
A. Exercise equipment is expensive. B. Playing sports is a good way to exercise.
C. Every person shou1d exercise.
7. We should exercise ________. A. every day B. 20 minutes a week C. twice a week
8. At fitness centers,________.
A. you can huy expensive equipment B. people can do many kinds of exercising
C. it is very expensive
9. Which of these kinds of exercising is not in the article?
A. Dancing. B. Swimming. C. Sports.
10. Which of these sentences about exercising is true?
A. Exercising is expensive. B. Exercise is good for your heart. C. Only doctors exercise.'
A good way to pass an exam is to work hard every day in a year. You may fail in an exam if you are lazy for most of the year and then work hard only a few days before the exam. If you want to be good at English, you have to read stories in English, and speak English as much as possible. A few days before the exam you should go to bed early. Do not go to bed late at night. Before you start the exam, read carefully over the question paper, and try to understand the exact meaning of each question. When you have at last finished your exam, read over your answers. Correct the mistakes if there are any and be sure that you have not missed anything out.
11. If people want to do well in an exam, they have to work hard_____
A. every day in a year B. for most of the month C. for only a few days D. late at night
12. If people want to learn English well, they_____
A. only need to learn grammar B. must often practice English
C. have to go to England D. should go to bed early
13. It's important to______ a few days before the exam. A. play too much B. have a good sleep C. read the question papers D. have a good drink
14. When people have finished the exam, they should______
A. stand up and leave at once B. answer .a few more questions
C. make sure that they have not missed anything out D. leave some mistakes on the question paper
15. The best title for this passage is______
A. An Important Exam B. An Easy Exam C. Get Ready for an Exam D. How to Pass an
1. Where did you go? I v__________ a museum.
2. The fried fish is very d___________. I like it.
3. I w________ what they did yesterday.
4. We didn’t have an u_________ so we were wet and cold.
5. We had many a____________ this afternoon. We are tired now.
6. Y our bag is not so big a_________ his.
7. The workers kept working for twelve hours and they felt b_________-
8. H is uncle is a t__________ and makes much money.
9. T here are many old b___________ there.
10. He had nothing for lunch, so he is h___________ now.
1. The woman shops ___________ a week.
2. -How are your ____________ habits? -Very good.
3. Can you find the ___________ in the two pictures?
4. Li Ping sometimes ___________ TV at home.
5. Tom and Mary ___________ to China last month.
6. usually, do, weekends , what, on, do, you__________________________________?
7. quite, you, from, Jim, is, different __________________________________________?
8. makes, what, day, difference, a____________________________________________!
9. exercise, do, at, not, all, 20 percent, students, of_______________________________________.
10. a, new, my, wants, mother, to, buy, bike______________________________________.
一．1-5 BCBAA 6-10 BDBBB 11-15 CDBAA 16-20 CAABD
二.1-5 ABCBD 6-10 ABCAA
三. 1-5 ACBDB 6-10 CCBAB 11-15 ABBCD 四．1.visited 2.delicious 3. wondered
6.as 7.bored 8.trader
B. 1.twice 2.eating
3.differences 4.watches 5.came
五． 1. What do you usually do on weekends?
2. Is Jim quite different from you?
3. What differences a day makes!
4. 20 percent of students do not exercise.
5. My mother wants to buy a new bike. 5