Module 5 Lao She Teahouse
Unit 1 I want to see the Beijing Opera
1. 朗读并默写本单元单词actress, teahouse, offer, end, in the end, no idea
1. 老舍是什么人？ 2. 你对Lao She有什么了解?
3. 你读过老舍的什么作品？ 4. 你听说过戏剧《茶馆》吗？
3. Activity 1：（1）朗读并理解方框中的单词，（2）看图，用方框中的单词描述图片.
4. Activity 2：（1）阅读句子并理解句子的意思;（2）注意句子的两个选项的区别，不听力作好准
5. Activity 3: (1) 朗读对话; (2) 理解对话
a) Why did Betty go Lao She teahouse last night? _____________
b) What did they do at the teahouse? __________________
c) Did Betty understand the opera? _________________
d) How long did they plane to stay? _____.
3. 完成 Activity 4,7
want to see, offer to take, it is difficult to understand, plan to watch, in the end, interesting, hope to understand, go to see, want to take, be famous for
2. 语法点：动词不定式及其用法 ------ 阅读课本P126
We decided to stay for a cup of tea.我们决定留下来喝杯茶。
英语中，并不是所有两个动词连用时都采用动词+不定式的形式，一般来说，用不定式时，所表示的多为将来的行为。但是在具体使用中同学们还要注意记忆，因为动词不同，对其后动词形式的要求也就不同。常见的后面接“to + 动词原形”作宾语的动词有:plan, decide, hope, want, agree, offer, try, like, love。
1. She asked me ______ (wait) for her at the cinema.
2. I enjoy ________ (listen) to the radio in the evening.
3. It is not easy _______ (learn) a foreign language.
4. He agreed _____ (get) someone to help us.
5. I told him _________ (not play) in the street.
6. Would you like ______ (come) with me?
7. Your task is ______ (find) the cost of the hotel.
8. Should I ___ (go) home now?
9. I’m glad _____ (see) you again.
10. He needs ______ (buy) a new bike.
1. She can act very well, so she is a good ___ .
A. actor B. actress C. act D. action
2. — Do you know about Lao She? — No, I have ___ .
A. know B. known C. no idea D. idea
3. I wanted to see a film yesterday. So Linda ___ take me to the theatre.
A. offers to B. offer to C. offered to D. had offered to
4. We ___ play basketball after school just now.
A. decide B. decided C. decided to D. decided that
5. — Jane, we’ve planned _________ on a trip this afternoon. Will you join us?
— I’m afraid not. I have a composition _________.
A. to go; to write B. to go; writing C. going; to write D. going; writing
6. — ______ she go to Lao She teahouse? — No, she didn’t.
A. Did B. Does C. Will D. Shall
7. The little boy ________ his seat to an old lady on the crowded bus.
A. lent B. offered C. took D. brought
Unit 2 It describes the changes in Chinese society
2. Activity 1：（1）阅读并回答问题, 把句子写在问题的后面
3 . Activity 2：（1）阅读并尝试理解短文，找出短文中不能理解的单词，句子并作相应的标记。
2. 仔细阅读短文完成Activity 3表格。
3. 完成 Activity 4
one of + (最高级) + 名词复数 ??是（最??）之一 show sb sth / show sth to sb
from … to … 从??到?? the end of ??的末尾 tell us the story / tell sb sth /tell sth to sb over=more than 多于，超过 was named 被称为?? give a warm welcome to everyone give sth to sb / give sb sth
I passed him a bottle of apple juice.=I passed a bottle of apple juice to him.
后接介词to 的动词有：give, show, pass, lend, take, tell 等；
后接介词for的动词有：buy, make, cook, get, sing, read等;
give sb. sth. = give sth. to sb. bring sb. sth. = bring sth. to sb. lend sb. sth. = lend sth. to sb. hand sb. sth. = hand sth. to sb. send sb. sth. = send sth. to sb. show sb. sth. = show sth. to sb. leave sb. sth. = leave sth. to sb. teach sb. sth. = teach sth. to sb. buy sb. sth. = buy sth. for sb. cook sb. sth. = cook sth. for sb. read sb. sth. = read sth. for sb.
( )1. Great changes________ in our country these years .
A. took place B. have take place C. happened C. have been happened
( )2. People are usually busy getting ready for the Spring Festival ________ the year
A. in the end B. in the end of C. at the end of D. at the end
( )3. We take good care of ________ in China .
A. old B. the old C. the older D. the oldest
( )4. The tall man with thick glasses teaches ________ English .
A. we B. our C. us D. ours
( )5. Please remember __________this book to the school library.
A. return B. to return C. returning D. returned
( )6. Wu Tong is good at_________ English.
A. speak . B. speaks C. speaking D. spoke
( )7. As you are not feeling well, you’d better__________ to school.
A. won't go B. not go C. not to go D. don’t go
( )8. Mr Brown was ________ for half an hour before dinner .
A. too tired to lay down . B. very tired so he lain down
C. enough tired to lie down D. so tired that he lay down .
( )9. Please give me a pen_________ .
A. to write B. writing C. to write with D. writing
( )10. I would love _____ to the cinema last night, but I had to look after my sick sister at home.
A. to go B. to have gone C. going D. having gone
( )11. Go on ________ the other exercise after you have finished this one.
A. to do B. doing C. with D. to be doing
( )12. The workers want us ________ together with them.
A. work B. working C. to work D. worked
1. It is important for modern young people _______ (learn) at least two foreign languages.
2. The most important thing for one’s health is _______ (have) plenty of exercise.
3. Ted decided _______ (work) hard and wanted _____ (go) to Beijing University.
4. We found it impossible _____ (get) everything ready in time.
5. Sue really doesn’t know which book __________ (choose).
6. Mother saved every cent ______ (pay) for my schooling.
7. Tom asked you _________ (not call) him until ten o’clock.
8. I don’t think Roger is the best one _____ (do) the work.
9. Why not _____ (walk) to school with me every day?
10. My host family made me _____ (feel) being at home.
1. — Nick, would you mind ______ out of the bathroom?
— Sorry. I won’t be long. (2013福州)
A. come B. to come C. coming
2. She’s not strong enough _________ walking up mountains. (2013杭州)
A. to go B. going C. go D. went
3. The children decide _____ their school yard this Friday afternoon. (2013河北)
A. clean B. to clean C. cleaning D. cleaned
4. We spent much time _______ English last Sunday.
A. to practice speaking B. practicing to speak C. practicing speaking
5. — Dad, why must I stop _________ computer games? — For your health, my boy. ()
A. play B. to play C. to playing D. playing
6. Would you mind _____ basketball here?
A. playing B. to play C. play
7. Students should learn how ________ problems. (2013四川雅安)
A. solve B. solving C. can solve D. to solve
8. — What are you going to do when you grow up?
— A singer, but my parents wish me _______ a teacher.
A. am B. to be C. will be D. be