Unit 3. I am more outgoing than my sister.
重难点1：loudly; aloud; loud loudly
? ? ? ? loudly adv.”喧闹地；大声地；响亮地” 含有噪音和喧扰声的意味。 Suddenly he began to scream loudly. Someone knocked loudly at the door.
重难点1：loudly; aloud; loud aloud
? aloud adv. “出声的；大声的” 相对于默 读而言，强调出声，但声音不一定很大， 常与read, call, cry(高声的) ? The teacher asked him to read this poem aloud. ? The boy called aloud for help.
重难点1：loudly; aloud; loud
? loud adj,“响亮的；大声的” ? Please spell the word in a loud voice. ? Adv. “大声；高声”放在speak, shout, laugh, talk之后 ? Speak loud while answering the teacher’s question.
? hard-working adj 工作努力的；辛勤 的 ? They are hard-working children. ? work hard 努力工作/学习 ? work hard on/at…在……努力 ? He work hard at English and he is a hard-working student. ? hard work 艰苦的工作
1. 2. 3.
loudl I heard someone knocking ______(loud) y at the door. quietly We approached靠近 the birds _______ (quiet) and watched them. hard-working My cousin Edward is a _______ ( hard work) man. competition She came first in a writing _________ (compete). clearly I can see the people _______ (clear), though it’s dark.
1. --____ do you like better, tea or coffee? --Neither of them. I like water. A. Where B. Who C. Which D. When 2. He did as his teacher told him and _____ the first place in the exam. A. won B. beat C. lost D. win 3. --Talking _____ in a library is impolite. --In fact, we should also take care not to cough or sneeze loudly in public. A. Loudly B. quickly C. clear D. quiet
Win & beat
? win v. 获胜，赢得；win-won-won; winning ? He won first prize in the surfing competition. ? win + 比赛；战斗；辩论；奖品（事；物） ? beat+ 比赛；战斗；辩论的对手—（人；集体） ? beat v. 打败；战胜 ? I can beat you at swimming. ? We won the match and we beat them by the score of 5 to 3.
? care v. 在意；担心；关心 ? We don’t care what they say. ? Care for 照料；关心（肯定句）；喜欢 （否、疑问句） ? I hope all the students in our class will care for each other. ? I don’t care for green tea. ? take care of= look after=care for
? care about关心；计较；在乎 ? He doesn’t care about his clothes.
both adj. pron 两者；两者都
? ? ? ? ? ? ? Both are smart. Neither is smart. Either is smart. Both of+ 代词 Both of + the/my/her形容词性物主代词+n. Both of us come from China. Both the books are expensive. (限定词)
? We all came here on time. ? All of us are studying for a test .（不定代 词） ? She spent all the money I gave her.(限定 词)
? ? ? ? ? ? si
milar adj. 想象的；类似的 Be similar to 和……相似 Your new haircut is similar to mine. Same adj. 相同的；同样的 The same as 与……相同 The bag is the same as yours.
1. There is a ______ (say) that behind saying every successful man there’s a woman. broke 2. When she came in, Bob ______ (break) off his talk with Jane. 3. Basketball has a history of nearly 300 years. Today it is still loved by ____ the young _____ the old. A. both, and B. either, or C. not, but D. neither, nor
4. I don’t _____ what he does. A. take care of B. care about C. look after D. neither, nor 5. The students had to learn the poem by ____. A. head B. ears C. eyes D. heart Learn sth by heart用心记忆 6. Your bag is ____ to mine. I don’t know which one is mine. A. same B. similar C. like D. unlike
7. Please don’t _____ at me if I don’t do it well. A. laugh B. smile C. talk D. speak 8. There are millions of websites on the Internet and there ____ a lot of useful ____ on the websites. A. are, informations B. are, information C. is, information D. be, information
1. make sth/sb. +adj. “使某人（感到）……； 使某物处于……” The news makes me happy.…… 2. make sb. + n. “使某人成为……” We make him captain队长。 3. make sb./sth do … “使某人/某物做……” She made me wait for a long time. 4. make sb. +动词过去分词 “使某物被……”
4. make sb. +动词过去分词 “使某人被……” She spoke aloud to make herself heard. 操练： 1. If you see the cartoon film, it will make you _____. A. laugh B. to laugh C. laughing D. laughed 2. Please ____ your book. Listen to me carefully. A. bring to B. bring out C. took out D. put out 3. Colors can change our moods情绪 and make us _______ happy or sad. A. feel B. to feel C. felt D. feeling
4. How dangerous! She was driving the car with one hand and holding an ice cream with ________. A. the other B. another C. others D. other 5. Lily and her sister look the same. I can’t tell one from _______. A. other B. another C. the other D. others 6. I jump higher than _______ in my class. A. any other boys B. the other boys C. any boy D. another boy
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
loudl y Don’t speak so l______, because the baby is sleeping now. Pass me that pair of glasses, please. I clearly can’t see the words c______. Mike’s parents are b______ teachers. both If you are a hard-working student, grades you’ll always get better g_______. If you want to get more i_________ information about the house, please call me. T_____ though he was very busy, he came to see me.
better 7. She is much ______ (good) at drawing than I am. funnier 8. Holly’s best friend is ________ (funny) than she is. most 9. The ______ (many) important thing for you is to decide your own future. clearly 10. The reporter spoke very ______ (clear) so that we could hear every word. more 11. There are ______
(many ) boys in our class than in theirs.
Thank you !