（ ） 1. A. Five.
（ ） 2. A. It‘s warm.
（ ） 3. A. A Reading.
（ ） 4. A. I like it.
（ ） 5. A. Tom‘s brother. B. Fine. B. It‘s Thursday. B. A nurse. B. Yes, you are. B. With Jack. C. Fishing. C. It‘s March 8. C. To USA. C. Certainly. C. Nothing.
（ ）6. What‘s the weather like today?
A. It‘s sunny. A. At 8: 00. B. It‘s cold. B. A t 7: 00. C. It‘s raining. C. At 7: 30 B. He‘s going camping. （ ）7. What time is Mary going to school tomorrow? （ ）8. What is Toby doing for vacation? A. He‘s babysitting his sister.
C. He‘s going sightseeing.
（ ）9. What‘s Kate doing this Saturday afternoon?
A. She‘s going to the cinema with Jim.
B. She‘s going to the museum with Jim.
C. She‘s babysitting her little brother, Jim.
（ ）10. How many books are the man and the woman buying in all?
A. Two books. B. Three books. C. Five books.
（ ）11. What did Mr. Brown do this morning?
A. He bought some math books. C. He bought some English books.
B. He went to work.
（ ）12. Who‘s studying English?
A. Mr. Brown. A. He‘s a worker.
B. Mr. Brown‘s son. B. He‘s a teacher.
C. The woman. C. He‘s a doctor.
（ ）13. What does Mr. Brown do? 听第12段材料，回答第14至第16题。
（ ）14. Where do you think the two people are talking?
A. At a taxi station. A. By bus. A. He‘s very poor. C. He‘s the woman‘s friend.
听第13段材料，回答第17至20题。 （ ）17. What is Molly doing this weekend?
A. She is going to the country. C. She is staying at home.
（ ）18. How is Dave‘s family going to the country side?
A. By car. A. Dave‘s father. A. Five.
B. By bike. B. Molly‘s father. B. Four.
C. By bus. C. Dave himself. C. Three.
（ ）19. Who is driving the car to the countryside?
（ ）20. How many people are going to the countryside from the dialogue? 听第14段材料，完成第21至25题。 （ ）21. Where does the writer‘s aunt work?
A. In Beijing. A. On Sunday. A. Pandas and tigers. A. The Palace Museum.
B. In Shanghai. B. On Saturday. B. Birds and elephants. B. Tian‘ an Men Square.
C. In Hong Kong. C. On Monday. C. Monkeys and horses. C. The Great Wall.
（ ）22. When did they go to the Xiangshan Park? （ ）23. What didn‘t they see in the Beijing Zoo? （ ）24. Which place didn‘t they go to? （ ）25. Which sentence is TRUE?
A. The writer stayed in Beijing for only one day. B. The writer went to Beijing last winter vacation. C. The writer had a great time in Beijing.
B. In the Pine Hotel. B. By train.
C. On the street. C. By taxi.
（ ）15. How will the man go back? （ ）16. What can we know about the man?
B. He‘s new comer.
B. She is having a picnic in the city park.
26. --- Peter, can you _____ your shoes? They‘re everywhere.
--- Sorry, Mum. I‘ll do it right now.
A. take off B. put away C. keep away D. put on
27. --- Why do you stop learning French?
-- I _____ my best not to give it up, but it‘s really difficult for me.
A. had B. wanted C. put D. tried
28. --- Do you mind ______ my cat while I‘m ______?
--- Of course not.
A. playing with, off B. taking care of, leaving
C. walking, going D. looking after, away
29. --- Is Susan your friend? --- Yes. Although we are _______ each other.
A. the same as B. differences between C. different from D. like
30. --- Mum, I‘m going to the park tonight.
--- OK. But _____ home before 10 pm, please.
A. get back B. get back to C. get away from D. get to
31. --- I tried not to _____ the coming exams, but I couldn‘t help.
--- You must be too stressed out. Let‘s play table tennis and _____ the exams.
A. think of, remember B. think, relax
C. think over, welcome D. think about, forget
32. --- I like both of the skirts. I can‘t _____ which to buy.
--- I think the blue one is better.
A. know B. decide C. make D. take
33. --- We‘ll have a party this Saturday. Louis, the famous pop singer, is coming!
--- Wow. Great! I can‘t _____.
A. stand B. help C. go D. wait
34. —Is everyone at school today?
— ______ students are, Lily is ill at home.
A. Not all B. All the C. Some D. No
35. —I hear your sister is very ______.
—Yes, she takes part in all the school activities.
A. lazy B. weak C. tired D. active
36. —Jim, why do you drink milk every day?
—My mother _____ me to drink it. She says it‘s good for my _____.
A. lets, head B. wants, health C. tells, healthy D. hopes, body
37. — I didn‘t pass the exam, _____ I studied hard.
-- Don‘t be upset. I _____ you can make it next time.
A. if, guess B. although, believe
C. because. think D. until, wish
38. – I ______ that you finished _____ that book.
-- Yes. That‘s right.
A. heard about, to write B. listened to, reading
C. heard, writing D. heard of, /
39. – Who did you ______ the summer vacation _____ on the island?
-- My friend.
A. spend, with B. take, to
C. spend, in D. have, for
40. –Take all of your things with you. Don‘t _____ anything behind.
-- OK. Thank you ______.
A. lose, a lots B. leave, a lot
B. forget, lots of D. miss, a lot of
Ben Lambert, the famous French singer, is taking a long vacation this ! He thought about going to Greece or Spain, but decided Canada. He takes vacations in Europe, but this time he wants to do something different. He heard that Canada is knows there are many people there who speak Ben is going to Canada‘s Great Lakes. He is leaving the first week in June and staying September. He plans to have a very vacation. He‘s planning to spend time in the beautiful countryside because he loves king walks, going fishing, and going bike riding. he‘s renting videos and sleeping a lot. He thinks it may be a great vacation and he hopes he can forget all his 41. A. spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter
42. A. to B. at C. on D. with
43. A. never B. hardly ever C. sometimes D. always
44. A. far B. small C. hot D. beautiful
45. A. French B. English C. Chinese D. Japanese
46. A. until B. not until C. in D. for
47. A. boring B. relaxing C. dangerous D. tiring
48. A. water B. lakes C. air D. nature
49. A. In the morning B. In the afternoon C. At night D. At midnight
50. A. friends B. problems C. family D. songs
One morning a student was walking with his teacher when they noticed a pair of old shoes by the roadside. They the shoes might be a poor man‘s. In fact, the of the shoes was working in a field nearby, and he had nearly his work.
The student said to his teacher, ―Let‘s play a joke on the man. We hide（藏） his shoes, and wait to see what he will do he can‘t find them.‖
―My young friend, we should never have by tricking(哄骗) others like that,‖ answered the teacher. ―let‘s put a in each of the shoes, and watch what he will do.‖ The student did so, and then they hid(躲藏) behind a tree.
The man soon came back to get his shoes, but when he put his foot into one of his shoes, he felt something in it. He bent(弯腰) down and found the coin(硬币). appeared(出现) on his face. He looked at the coin for a minute, and then , but he saw nobody. He then put on the other shoe, he was even more surprised to find the coin.
He then knelt(跪下) down, looked up to heaven（天） and said aloud, in which he 4
spoke of his wife, and helpless, and his children without bread.
The student was deeply moved, and his eyes were filled with tears.
The boy said to his teacher, ― You have taught me a lesson which I‘ll never feel the truth（真理） of these words, which I didn‘t before, ? It is happier to than to receive.‘‖
51. A. believed B. found C. decided D. thought
52. A. owner B. maker C. seller D. farmer
53. A. enjoyed B. changed C. finished D. started
54. A. since B. when C. while D. until
55. A. lessons B. plan C. fun D. games
56. A. stone B. coin C. pen D. money
57. A. terrible B. hard C. hot D. soft
58. A. Surprise B. Scare C. Pity D. Pain
59. A. looked up B. looked around C. looked down D. looked out
60. A strange B. second C. interesting D. lost
61. A. goodbye B. yes C. hello D. thanks
62. A. homeless B. lively C. rich D. sick
63. A. learn B. take C. forget D. agree
64. A. hear B. understand C. remember D. write
65. A. work B. advise C. give D. sell
It was Sunday. The train was crowded. An old man was looking for a place to sit down. He was happily to see a vacant(空的) seat. But a backpack was lying on it and a young man was sitting on the next seat.
―Is this seat taken?‖ asked the old man.
―Yes, it‘s my friend‘s. ― answered the young man. ―He‘s just coming. This is his backpack.‖
The old man stood there for a few minutes until the train started, but nobody came to the seat.
―Your friend is late,‖ said the old man. ―He must have missed the train. But he need not lose his backpack.‖ And with these words he took the backpack and threw it out of the window. The young man got up quickly trying to catch the backpack, but it was too late. It was a good lesson to him. ―It‘s not polite to take a second seat just to be more for oneself.‖
66. The old man was looking for ________ on the train.
A .a backpack B. a young man C. a seat D. a friend
67. The underlined word― comfortable‖ means ______.
A. 舒服的 B. 时髦的 C. 伟大的 D.聪明的
68. The backpack is _______.
A. the young man‘s B. the young man‘s friend‘s C. the old man‘s D. train driver‘s
69. We can know from the story that the young man _____.
A. told the truth to the old man B. told a lie to the old man
C. got on the train with his friend D. liked helping others
70. We can guess that the young man must _______ after the old man threw the backpack out of the window.
A . laugh at the old man B. get off the train to find the backpack
C. feel happy and excited D. feel angry and upset
A. 67538293. B. 63986432. C. 64639818. D. 63875629.
72. Sam wants to stay in Hunter Valley with his wife, his five-year-old daughter and his seven-year-old son. How much will it cost?
A.$25. B.$50. C. $l00. D.$ 160
73. David loves sports. He will take his holiday from May 7 to May 15. What activity will he probably take part in?
A. Hiking in the mountains. C. Watching plants at night.
B. Fishing in the country. D. Swimming in the sea.
74. Lucy is a college student. She is quite interested in science. She wants to know something about the life of plants at night. Which trip will she choose?
A. Trip 1. B. Trip 2. C. Trip 3. D. Trip 4.
75. Which of the following is NOT mentioned according to the four advertisements? 6
A B C D
When I was 13 years old, a boy gave me an important gift. It was a smile.
It was the early autumn of my first year at a junior high school, and my old school was far away. As a result, no one knew who I was. I was very lonely, and afraid to make friends with anyone.
Every time I heard the other students talking and laughing, I felt my heart break. I couldn‘t talk to anyone about my problem, and I didn‘t want my parents to worry about me.
Then one day, my classmates talked happily with their friends, but I sat at my desk unhappily as usual. At that moment, a boy walked into the classroom. I didn‘t know who he was. He passed me and then turned back. He looked at me and, without a word, smiled.
Suddenly, I felt something bright and friendly. It made me feel happy, lively and warm. That smile changed my life. I started to talk with the other students and made friends. Day by day, I became closer to everyone in my class. The boy with the lucky smile has become my best friend now.
One day, I asked him why he smiled, but he couldn‘t remember smiling at me! It doesn‘t matter because all the dark days have gone. Now I believe that the world is what you think it is. If you think you are lonely, you might always be alone. So smile at the world and it will smile back.
76. The smile was an important gift to the writer because _____.
A. his old school was far away
B .the boy was a stranger
C .it made the writer feel happy, lively and warm
D .it was a boy‘s smile
77. Every time when the writer heard the other students talking and laughing, she ____.
A .sat at her desk studying B. was sad
C . put her hands on her heart D. smiled
78. When the boy smiled at her, ______.
A . they were already good friends B . he said ―hello‖ to her
C . he wanted to be make friends with her D. she didn‘t know him yet
79. Where does she now think her feeling of loneliness came from?
A. From herself B. From her parents
C. From her old school D. From her new school
80. What can we know from the story?
A . A boy should smile at a girl
B . New comers are always afraid to talk to others
C . We should give gifts to the new students.
D . If you think you are happy, you will be happy.
A professor（教授） told his students to go into the city slum（贫民窟） to study the life reports about each boy‘s life and future. Every one of the students wrote, ― He doesn‘t have any h.‖ professor read about the earlier study. He told his students
to find out what had happened to these boys. Of the 200 boys, 20 had moved away or died. Nobody what had happened to them. They tried very and found the other 180 people. Among them 176 had become successful（成功的） as doctors, teachers and scientists. to study it further（更进一步）. Luckily, all the men were living near the place and he was able to ask each one, ―What m you successful?‖ each one awith feeling, ―There was a teacher.‖
The teacher was still living there, so the professor found her and asked the old what she had used to pull those out of the slums, and change them into successful people.
The teacher‘s ebegan to shine(发光) and she said with a sweet smile ―It‘s really very easy. I loved those boys.‖
8 8 Ⅴ. 书面表达（15分）