看图，用所给的单词造句。 Mike, plan, camp in the forest Mike plans to camp in the forest next weekend. Jack, want, help mom do the dishes Jack wants to help mom do the dishes this evening.
Bob, start, skate, when he was five Bob started to skate when he was five.
Jack, hope, play basketball, after class
Jack hopes to play basketball after class.
my sister, expect, have a picnic
My sister expects to have a picnic in the park next weekend.
Eric, decide, ride his bike to school Eric decides to ride his bike to school tomorrow.
What do you think of game shows? Why? I like them. Because they’re interesting.
I don’t like them. Because they’re boring.
What do you think of news? Why? I can’t stand it. Because it’s too serious.
I don’t mind it. It’s educational.
meaningless adj. 毫无意义的; 意思不明确的
名词meaning (意思) + 后缀less (无, 没有) → meaningless, 是个多音节形容词。 e.g. My dad doesn’t like soap operas. He thinks they’re meaningless. 我爸爸不喜欢肥皂剧，他认为它 们没有意义。
e.g. My sister likes cartoons and scary movies, but she doesn’t like action movies. 我妹妹喜欢卡通片和恐怖片, 但她不 喜欢动作片。
What do you think of these TV shows and movies? Choose words from the box and write them under the pictures. Each picture can have more than one word.
educational serious wonderful relaxing meaningless enjoyable exciting boring
Listen and circle the description 1b words you hear in the box in 1a.
meaningless enjoyable exciting
Listen again. Write down the words John and Mary use to describe the TV shows or movies.
Action movies John
Mary exciting meaningless
Scary movies exciting
meaningless Talk shows enjoyable wonderful
Game shows Sitcoms John Mary boring relaxing
Tell your partner what John and Mary like to watch and why. Then tell your partner what you like to watch and why.
John wants to watch talk show because they’re enjoyable. I like to watch action movies because they’re exciting.
Mary wants to watch talk shows because they’re wonderful. I like to watch action movies because they’re exciting. John wants to watch … because they’re … I like to watch … because they’re …
Discuss the following questions with a partner.
Do you like to watch cartoons? Yes, I do. Mickey Mouse.
What’s your favorite cartoons?
Why do you like it?
Because it’s really interesting.
1. culture n. 文化; 文明 e.g. China has a long history and culture. 中国有着悠久的历史和文化。 2. famous adj. 著名的; 出名的 e.g. Liu Huan is a famous singer. 刘欢是一位著名的歌手。
3. appear v. 出现 e.g. A woman appeared at the end of the street. 一个女人出现在街的尽头。 4. become
v. 开始变得; 变成 连系动词，后常跟形容词或名词作表语。 其过去式为特殊变化形式became。 e.g. It became really hot in the afternoon. 下午天气变得很炎热了。
5. rich adj. 富有的
6. successful adj. 获得成功的；有成就的
名词 success + ful → successful
e.g. He is a successful basketball player. 他是一名成功的篮球运动员。
7. unlucky adj. 不幸的; 不吉利的
前缀(un) + lucky (幸运的) → unlucky 例如：unhappy 不高兴的 e.g. She’s unlucky — she never wins a game. 她运气不好——从未赢过一场比赛。 8. might model v. 可能; 可以
e.g. The old man might be 70 years old. 那位老人可能有70岁了。
9. reason n. 原因; 理由
e.g. What is the reason for it? 此事的原因是什么？ 10. lose v. 失去；丢失 e.g. I lost my keys. 11. main adj. 主要的；最重要的 e.g. Who’s the main character in the film? 这部电影的主角是谁？
2b Read the passage and complete the time line on the next page.
When people say “culture”, we think of art and history. But one very famous symbol in American culture is a cartoon. We all know and love the black mouse with two large round ears-Mickey Mouse. Over 80 years ago, he first appeared in the cartoon Steamboat Willie.
When this cartoon came out in New York
on November 18, 1928, it was the first
cartoon with sound and music. The man
behind Mickey was Walt Disney. He
became very rich and successful. In the
1930s, he made 87 cartoons with Mickey.
Some people might ask how this cartoon animal became so popular. One of the main reasons is that Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. In his early films, Mickey was unlucky and had many problems such as losing his house or girlfriend, Minnie. However, he was always ready to try his best. People went to the cinema to see the “little man” win. Most of them wanted to be like Mickey.
On November 18, 1978, Mickey became the first cartoon character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Today’s cartoons are usually not so simple as little Mickey Mouse, but everyone still knows and loves
him. Who has a pair of ears more famous than
? ? ? ? 1、think of art and history 2、One very famous symbol 3、in American culture 4、the black mouse with two large round ears ? 5、Over 80 years ago ? 6、first appeared in
? 7、Some people might ask how this cartoon animal became so popular. ? 8、One of the main reasons ? 9、was like a common man ? 10、he always tried to face any danger ? 11、had many problems such as losing his house or girlfriend ? 12、was always ready to ? 13、try his best ? 14、see the “little man” win
? 15、came out ? 16、the first cartoon with sound and music ? 17、He became very rich and successfu ? 18、In the 1930s
19、he made 87 cartoons with Mickey.
? 20、became the first cartoon character ? 21、have a star on ? 22、not so simple as 23、Who has a pair of ears more famous
当人们说到“文化，”我们就会想到 艺术和历史。但是美国文化里的一个有名 的标志是卡通。我们都知道而且喜欢黑色 的带着两只圆耳朵的老鼠 - 米老鼠。80多 年前，它第一次出现在Steamboat WIllie (威利蒸汽船的电影)里。
当这个卡通在1928年11月18 日出现在纽约的时候，它是第一 部没有声音没有音乐的卡通。米 老鼠背后的男人是Walt Disney。 他变得很有钱很成功。在20世纪 30年代，他用米老鼠为题材制作 了87部卡通。
一些人可能会问这个卡通动物 怎么这么受欢迎。一个主要原因是 米老鼠就像一个普通人，但是他经 常努力面对任何的危险。在他早期 电影里，米老鼠很不幸而且有很多 问题譬如丢了房子 丢了女朋友 米妮。 但是，他一直准备好尽最大的努力。 人们去电影院看“小人物”成功。 他们中的大多数想要成为米老鼠。
在1978年11月18日，米老 鼠成了好莱坞星光大道上的第 一个卡通形象的明星。现在的 卡通不像米老鼠这么简单，但 是人们仍然知道和喜爱它。谁 有一对比米老鼠更有名的耳朵？
Steamboat Willie came out in New York
he made 87 cartoons with Mickey.
Mickey became the first cartoon character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Over 80 years ago
November 18, 1978
2c Read the passage again and fill in the facts about Mickey.
What does he look like? Who created him? What was his first cartoon? A black mouse with two large round ears-Mickey Walt Disney Steamboat Willie Minnie Why is he popular? Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger.
Who is his girlfriend?
2d Read the passage again and discuss the questions with a partner. 1. What is Mickey Mouse a symbol of? What cartoon character is a symbol of Chinese culture?
American culture. Ne Zha.
2. Do you think Walt Disney is a smart man? Why or why not? Do you want to be like him? Yes , I think so . Because his cartoon is famous all over the world. Yes ,I do.
3. Why did people want to be like Mickey? Do you want to be like Mickey? Why or why not?
Because it is like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. Yes , I do. Because I want to try my best to live.
4. Can you think of another cartoon character that is as famous as Mickey? Why is the character popular?
Su Wukong. Because he can face every
problem in his life and win at last.
2e Underline the following phrases in the passage. Write your own sentences or questions using the phrases. think of come out one of the main reasons such as was ready to more than just
1.I like to find out what different people think
about a subject.
此句中的“ find out” 用作及物动词短语，
Please find out when the train leaves.
表示“寻找，找出等近义词还有“ look for ,
e.g. What are you looking for? 你在找什么？ （强调找的过程） 2) find vt. “找” 强调找的结果。 e.g. I looked for my book everywhere, but I didn’t find it. (结果是没找到）
1）look for “寻找”指有目的地找。强调“寻找”
2. What is your favorite cartoon? 你最喜欢的卡通片是什么？ “ what’ s your favorite…? 是用来询问对方 最喜爱事物是什么。其同义句为“ what… do you like best? 回答用: My favorite book is … 或是 I like …best. e.g. --what’s your favorite book? = what book do you like best? -- My favorite book is Snow White. 或是 I like Snow White best.
3. When people say “culture”, we think of art and history. 当人们提起文化时，我们就 会想到艺术和历史。 think of 有考虑；想起；有…想法；对…有 意见 等意思。在该句中应理解为“ 想起， 想到”。例如： Does the poem make you think of spring? 这首诗有没有让你想到春天？ How many stars can you think of? 你能想到多少明星？
4. When this cartoon came out in New York on November 18, 1928, it was the first cartoon with sound and music. 当这部动画片于1928 年11月18 问世于纽约 时，它成为第一部带有音乐的动画片。 “ come out” 在本句中译为“ 出版” 引申为 “ 问世”。此外还有：出来，（花）开出来之意。 e.g. The book comes out this week. 该书本周上市。 Oh, look! The sun's coming out! 噢，看！太阳出来啦！
5. One of the main reasons is that Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. 一个主要原因是米奇看似一个普通人，但 他总是尝试应对任何危险。 one of …后跟可数名词复数，表示…之一。 其后的谓语动词用单数。 e.g. One of my favorite movies is Mr. Bean. 我最喜欢的电影之一是憨豆先生。 One of my best friends is Ann. 安是我最好的朋友之一。
6. However, he was always ready to try his best. 然而， 他总是做好尽全力的准备。 1) be ready to do sth 准备做某事 get ready to do sth 与之同义，但前者强 调状态，后者强调动作。 e.g. Are you ready to start? 你准备好了吗？ Please get ready to start. 请作好开始的准备。
2) Try one’s best 尽某人最大的努力
其后跟动词不定式形式，即： try one’s best
to do sth.
e.g. Don't give up. Just try your best.
Come on！Just try your best to let your dream come true. 加油！尽最大的努力去实现你的梦想吧。
7. People went to the cinema to see the “little man” win.
影院是为了看这个“ 小人儿” 赢。
go to the cinema 也可译为“ 看电影”类似
go to movies
go to a movie
go to see a movie.
a movie an action movie Go to a comedy a documentary a thriller
a movie an action movie a comedy a documentary a thriller
8. Today’s cartoons are usually not so simple as little Mickey Mouse.
此句中not so… as 结构表示“ 不像……那
It wasn’t so good as last time.
It is not so easy as you’d think.
9. She dresses up like a boy and takes her father’s place to fight in the army. 她女扮男装，替父上战场打仗。 1） dress up “盛装打扮、乔装打扮”。 e.g. I’d like you to dress up for my birthday party tonight. 今晚我希望你为我的生日派对打扮打扮。 Young kids often dress up and have fun at Halloween. 万圣节前夜，小孩子通常都 乔装打扮，玩得很开心。
2）take one’s place 取代某人的位置，顶替。 e.g. Nam believes that no one can take
Kin's place in her heart.
10. They did a good job in the movie. 他们在电影中表演出色。 do a good job 好好干；干得好; 干得出色 e.g. I'm sure you can do a better job next time. 我相信你下次会干得更好。 You've done a good job of it. 你干得太漂亮了!
? famous adj. 著名的， 出名的 famous同义词是well-known,反义词是 unkown。famous除了可以放在名词前作 定语外还可以作表语，常见以下结构： （1）be famous for表示某人以某种知识 技能或特征出名，或以某种特产而出名， 意为 “因为…出名” The area is famous for its green tea.这 个地区以绿茶而出名。
? might与may表可能性，有“或许、可能”之意可 以换用，但might表示较多的怀疑、更加不肯定、 语气更委婉。 ? He may/might be English.他可能是英国人。 ? They may/might have a lot of work to do.他们 可能有许多工作要做。 ? 表示许可或征询对方许可时，疑问句常用may。 ? May I watch TV after supper?晚饭后我可以看电 视吗？ ? He said that I might use the telephone.他说我 可以用电话。
1. 你喜欢什么样的电影? 喜剧。 What ____ of ________ do you like? kind movies I like comedies. 2. 他不喜欢京剧, 因为京剧太没意思了。 doesn’t He ______ like Beijing Opera, it boring because ___ is very _______.
3. 他是我最喜欢的演员, 我认为他很 出色。 He is my _______ actor. I ______ he favorite think great is ______. 4. 她认为喜剧很有趣, 所以经常和朋友 去看喜剧。 thinks She ________ comedies are very funny often goes ______, so she _____ ______ to see with comedies ______ her
三．单项选择 1. What do you ________ do? B A. want B. want to C. like D. to like 2. My grandfather ________ stay ________ home C and watch TV. A. like, at B. like, in C. likes to, at D. likes to, in 3．________ kind of movies ________ Lucy like? A A．What, does B．What, do C．What’s, does D．Which, do
4．________ a word, we can learn a lot B ________ Chinese history.
A．For, for C．For, about B．In, about D．In, for
5. Gina likes action movies, ________ she doesn’t D
A．nineth C．the nineth
B．ninth D．the ninth
D 6. September is ________ month of the year.
7．I don’t like action movies. I think they’re ________. A A．boring C．interesting A．well B．difficult D．exciting B．thriller
8．— How is the new movie? — It is ________. D
1. Write your movie review using the notes in 3b. 2. Make a survey and then make a report.
S1 action movies comedies Cartoons Scary movies Beijing Opera S2 Why
3. Write a movie review about your favorite movie.