What does Jack think of talk shows? Why?
He likes talk shows. Because he wants to be a reporter.
What do you think of talent shows? Why?
I don’t mind them.
What does Sarah think of soap operas? Why?
She can’t stand them. She thinks they’re boring.
看图，用所给的单词造句。 Mike, plan, camp in the forest Mike plans to camp in the forest next weekend. Jack, want, help mom do the dishes Jack wants to help mom do the dishes this evening.
Bob, start, skate, when he was five Bob started to skate when he was five.
Jack, hope, play basketball, after class
Jack hopes to play basketball after class.
my sister, expect, have a picnic
My sister expects to have a picnic in the park next weekend.
Eric, decide, ride his bike to school Eric decides to ride his bike to school tomorrow.
Do you want to ______ ___ _____? watch the news
What do you ______ ___ __________? think of talk shows
3. 我不介意看。/我不能忍受。/ 我喜欢看。
I don’t ______ them. I _____ ______ mind can’t stand them. I ____ ________ them. love watching
_____ What do you _____ ___ watch tonight? plan to
5. 我计划看《我们过去的时代》。 I ______ ____ watch Days of Our Past. plan to 6. 你期望从情景喜剧中学到什么？ What can you expect __ ______ from sitcoms? ______ to learn 7. 你能学到一些很好的笑话。 You can ______ some great _____. learn jokes 8. 你为什么喜欢看新闻呢？ Why do you like watching ___ ______? _________ the news 9. 因为我希望了解在世界各地发生了什么事情。 Because I _____ ___ _____ ____ what’s going hope to find out on around the world.
Translate the following phrases:
1. want to do sth. 2. Want sb. to do sth. 3. plan to do sth. 4. expect to do sth. 5. hope to do sth. 6. start to do sth. 7. begin to do sth. 8. decide to do sth. 9. try to do sth. 10.stop to do sth. 11.happen to do sth.
13. let sb. do sth. 14. make sb. do sth. 15.help sb. do sth. 16. make sb. do sth. 17. watch sb. do sth. 18. watch sb. do sth. 19.hear sb. do sth.
1. She expects ________ (arrive) tomorrow. to arrive 2. Let’s _______ (watch) talk shows tonight. watch 3. They hope _______ (visit) the Great Wall to visit next year. 4. Do you plan ______ (find) a part-time job? to find 5. When do you want _____ (go) swimming? to go 6. My uncle often helps me _____ (learn) learn English.
Make a conversation and then practice it with a partner.
A: What do you plan to watch on TV tonight? B: I hope to _________________, but I also watch game shows want to _________________. How about watch sports shows you? Do you _____________ a talk show want to watch soap operas or ___________? A: Oh, I want to ________________. watch soap operas
Answer these questions. Give 3b answers that are true fo
r you. 1. What do you think of game shows? _____________________________ I don’t mind them. 2. What comedy shows do you like to watch? _____________________________ I like to watch The Winner. 3. Do you plan to watch a sports show tonight? _____________________________ No, I don’t. I think it’s boring.
4. What can you expect to learn from the news?
I expect to find out what’s going on ________________________________ around the world. ________________
Ask your classmates questions and write their names in the chart. Then report like this: I like watching … because… and /but my friend Lily likes ….because…
Find someone who … wants to watch a movie
hopes to watch a sitcom expects to watch the news
plans to watch a sports show never wants to watch a game show
What do your family members want
to watch? Why?
My mother wants to watch soap operas. She thinks they are interesting.
My father doesn’t like soap opera. He loves to watch news. He expects to … My brother likes …, because … My sister likes … My grandma doesn’t like … My grandpa loves …