2013年下学期高二年级期中考试英语试卷 （时量120分钟 分值120分）
21. Don’t you see there is ___ “ s ” and _____ “u” in the word bus.
A. a; a B. an; an C. an; a D. a; an
22. I some money on the bike and he a lot of money for his house.
A. spent…spent B. cost…cost C. spent…paid D. took…paid
23. What about ________ today?
A. have a picnic B. to have a picnic
C. having a picnic D. had a picnic
24. My grandfather like _________ TV after supper.
A. looking at B. watching C. seeing D. looking
25. The man __________ talked to you just now is an engineer.
A. who B. whose C. he D. which
26. I was frightened by a __________ snake.
A. 5-meter-long B. 5-meters-long
C. 5 meters long D. 5 meter long
27. The bottle _________ milk and water by the little boy.
A. is full with B. is filled with C. full of D. filled with
28. The frightened boy caught his mother __________ tightly.
A. by hand B. by the hand C. by hands D. by a hand
29. I am too tired, and I have __________ to tell you.
A. nothing important B. important nothing
C. anything important D. important anything
30. I am really old! I remember __________ the address but why this thing happened.
A. write B. writing C. to write D. written
31. --- Don’t forget. We are invited out for dinner tonight.
---Oh, I almost forgot. ____.
A. You have a better memory than I B. Thank you for reminding me
C. Please tell me the time D. I forgot the place
32. ---Pass me the brush, please!
A. Yes, it’s my pleasure B. No, I am afraid
C. No, I can’t D. Yes, with pleasure
33. ---Hello! Could I speak to Tom?
A. Yes, I would B. Hold on for a moment
C. No, he is busy D. Of course not
34. ---- Do you mind my smoking here?
---- _____ .
A. No, thanks B. No, good idea
C. Yes, please D. Yes, better not
35. ---- I’m terribly sorry I broke your glass.
A. That’s right B. Bad luck C. Sorry D. You can forget it
36. ---- Shall we go to the art exhibition right away?
A. It’s your opinion B. I don’t mind
C. It’s all up to you. D. That’s your decision
37. ---I failed to pass the English exam last term.
---___.You should study harder this term.
A. That’s great B. What a pity
C. You are lucky D.I can’t agree with you.
38. ---- Hi, Jim. This is my brother, Peter.
A. How are you? B. Fine, thank you.
C. Nice to meet you. D. You are very kind.
39. ----I wonder if I could possibly use your car for tonight?
A. Sure, go ahead B. I don’t know
C. Yes, indeed D. I don’t care
40. ---- Let’s go to a movie after work, OK?
A. Not at all B. Why not C. Never mind D. What of it
A: Can I help you?
B: Yes, I'd like to return this book, please.
B: No, I couldn't read it exactly. And I gave up at last.
B: It isn't the language. It is the words. They are too small for me.
A: What can I do for you then?
A: Another English storybook?
B: Yes, but one with bigger words.
B: Oh, it is fine. And the words are much bigger. Thank you very much.
46. 请系好安全带 A. Cancel printing
47. 房屋出租 B. No Spitting
48. 撤消打印 C. No littering
49. 输入当前密码 D. Fasten your seat belt
50. 禁止吸烟 E. No smoking
F. House for Rent
G. Enter current password
阅读下面的短文，掌握其大意，然后从51―60每题所给的四个选项中，选出一个最佳答案。 Mark Twain was a famous American writer. He wrote many famous stories which are still popular in many countries today. Mark Twain was also famous in his stories. He also liked to listen to funny stories and jokes on his friends. One day, one of Mark Twain’s friends lost his wallet and asked Mark Twain to pay his train fare for him.
“But I don’t have enough money to pay __your fare and my fare.” Mark Twain said.
“We can do this,” said Mark Twain. “We can get on the train and when the my seat.”
Twain gave him two tickets --- one for Mark Twain and one for his friend. Then in a
loud voice, Mark Twain explained:
“My friend here is a the seat. He prefers to lie on the floor under the seat. ”
Of course, everybody on the train then looked at the poor friend under the seat 51. A. as B. like C. be D. to
52. A. terrible B. foolish C. good D. funny
53. A. to play B. play C. played D. playing
54. A. neither B. either C. both D. nor
55. A. happy B. worried C. lucky D. angry
56. A. on B. behind C. under D. next
57. A. though B. however C. then D. even if
58. A. excited B. tall C. interesting D. strange
59. A. sitting B. sitting on C. to sit D. to sit down
60. A. aloud B. painfully C. worriedly D. loudly Part III：阅读理解（共25小题，满分30分）
阅读下面五篇短文, 根据短文内容, 根据要求进行选择·判断或简答。
Choose the best answer according to the following passages.
I often hear some students say English is difficult, and it gives them a headache.
So they can’t learn it well. But English is very easy for me. I’m good at it. I’m very
glad to tell you something about how I study English.
First, I think an interest in English is very important. When I was in Grade One,
We had a new subject — English. It was fresh for me. I was interested in it, so I
worked hard at it. Soon we had an English exam and I got a very good mark. How
happy I was! After that, I learned English harder and harder. Our English teacher
often teaches us English songs, the songs sound nice. I often think how interesting
Second, I think English is a foreign language. I should learn it well in the
following ways. Listen to the teacher carefully, speak bravely, read aloud and have a
good habit. Asking whenever I have a question, I must make it clear by asking our
English teacher. How happy I am when I understand! Besides this, I often read
English jokes and easy novels. From these I know English is not only interesting,
but also useful. They help me understand a lot of things. So I think doing more
reading is an important way to learn English well.
And I also do some exercises from our class magazines, and I often write
English diaries. English has become a close friend of mine.
Now I have learned English for more than two years. I always keep the first
position in our school. From these words, I think every student can learn English
61. Why do some students often “ have a headache ”?
A. Because they are easy to catch cold B. Because it’s often very cold
C. Because they think English is easy D. Because they don’t think English is easy
62. The writer tell us that we should be _______ in English if we want to learn it well.
A. tired B. interested C. serious D. strict
63. The sentence “ I got a very good mark ” means _________.
A. I got a good way B. I had a good idea
C. I did hardly in the exam D. I did well in the exam
64. The writer thinks English is interesting because __________.
A. English is full of stories B. English is full of jokes
C. his English teacher often teaches them nice English songs
D. of nothing
65. Which of the following is not the way the writer studies by?
A. Speaking bravely B. Writing to foreign friends
C. Reading aloud D. Writing English diaries
The day was like any other day in his life. Tom walked past the shop on the street corner. He stopped to look at the front row of shoes, and he felt happy to see that the pair of shoes he wanted very much was still there .Looking down, he felt sorry for himself. He really wanted to have them for his birthday.
He sadly walked away and thought of what to tell his mother. He knew she would give him anything he liked if she could .But he also knew very well she had little money. He decided not to go home immediately, as he looked worried and his mother would notice it .So he went to the park and sat on the grass, Then he saw a boy in a wheel chair .He noticed that the boy moved the wheel with his hands .Tom looked at him carefully and was surprised to see the boy had no feet .He looked at his own feet. “It’s much better to be without shoes than without feet.” He thought .There was no reason for him to feel so sorry and sad .He went away and smiled, thinking he was happier.
66. What do we know about Tom?
A. He often walked by the shop which was on the street corner.
B. He was wearing a new pair of shoes when he passed by the shop.
C. He had just spent his birthday a few weeks before.
D. He wanted to buy the shoes for his mother
A. to buy the shoes B. not wait for his mother
C. to look at the shop window D. to look at the shoes he liked
A. disappeared B. not sold yet C. for him D. quite cheap
A. he was thinking of what to tell his mother
B. he wanted to help the boy without feet
C. he didn’t want to make his mother worried
D. he felt sad
A. Tom loved his mother very much B. Tom’s mother was strict with him
C. Tom didn’t like staying at home D. Tom’s father died
Some people have very good memories and can easily learn long poems by heart. There are other people who can only remember things when they have said them again and again.
The famous English writer, Charles, said that he could walk down any long street in London and then tell you the name of every shop he had passed. Many of the great men of the world have had wonderful memories.
A good memory is a great help in learning a language. Everybody learns his own language by remembering what he hears when he is a small child. Some children don’t live in their own country, and they seem to learn two languages almost as easily as one.
At school it is not so easy to learn a foreign language because students have so little time for it, and they are busy with other lessons, too.
A men’s mind is quite like a camera, but it takes photos not only what we see, but what we feel, hear, smell and taste. When we take a real photo with a camera, there is much to do before the photo is finished and ready to be shown to our friends. In the same way there is much work to be done before we keep a picture forever in our minds.
71. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
A. Everybody must improve his memory.
B. Some people are good at learning long poems.
C. People can only remember things by repeating them.
D. Different people have different memories.
72. From the passage, what do we learn about Charles?
A. He didn’t live in his own country.
B. He had a good memory.
C. He used to take a walk in the street.
D. He spoke two foreign languages as easily as English.
73. A good memory helps us ________ .
A. learn a language B. keep a picture forever
C. write a diary D. hear, speak, smell and taste
74. Remembering a thing is quite like ______ .
A. taking a photo B. feeling a thing
C. learning a long word D. doing a heavy job
75. What makes it hard for a student to learn a foreign language well at school?
A. His limited knowledge B. His poor memory
C. Little time for practice D. The discouragement he meets
Tom, an 11-year-old boy, was ill. He had got a cough. His mother was worried and took him to see a doctor. The doctor looked over Tom carefully and said, “ Tom, nothing serious.” Then he gave him some medicine. These are the words on the instruction of the cough medicine.
Instruction: Take three times a day after meals
Dose ( 剂量 ) : Grown-ups: 2 spoons each time
Children: 8-14 yrs. One spoon, 4-7 yrs. 1/2 spoon
Not for children below the age of 4 years
Notes: 1. Store in a cold place。
2. Using before Oct. 2014
Tell whether each of the sentences is true (T) or false (F)
76. Tom should take three spoons in a day.
77. Tom had better have his meals before he takes the medicine.
78. The medicine can be kept in a fridge.
79. Children aged five can’t take this medicine.
80. From this instruction we know Tom can go on using the left medicine after Oct. 2014.
Answer the questions according to the following passage.
In Japan there are many holidays and other great days. We can tell only a few here. The fifth birthday of a boy is a great day in the family. The boy puts on a shirt like the one his father wears. It is an important moment in his life and means that he must now be a manly little boy like his father. He must smile when he has pain or trouble. He must carry on.
The day a girl becomes seven years old is a big day in the family. She may now wear a sash (腰带) like the one her mother wears. Her friends and her mother’s friends come and drink tea and eat cakes. It means that the girl must now be a womanly little girl and help in the home.
One of the great holidays in Japan is the Emperor’s (天皇)birthday. Instead of school there are picnic, games, sports and speeches, as we have on our fourth of July in America.
81. How many holidays and great days are told of in the story?
82. When a boy begins to wear a shirt like the one his father wears, he must be a boy
of strong character like his father, isn’t he?
83. Which birthday of a girl is a big day in her family?
84. On which birthday don’t Japanese children go to school?
85. What country does the writer come from?
He ______________________________ playing computer games.
Take medicine ______________________________________.
Li Ming _____________________________________ yesterday.
89. There was enough time for Tom to practice his lines.
90. We will have a picnic on this weekend as long as the weather is good.
假设你是李芳, 昨天去游泳池游泳, 回来后患了重感冒, 今天早上感到头痛, 妈妈给你量了体温后, 发现你在发高烧, 便带你去看医生, 医生让你躺在床上休息两天. 请你根据以上要点向你的班主任陈老师请个病假.
Dear Mr Chen,
I’m sorry to tell you that I can’t _______91_________ today. I’ve caught ______92________ because I went to _______93_______ in the swimming pool yesterday.
This morning I had _______94_________. After taking my ______95________, My mother found that I had ________96_________ . So she took me to ________97_________ . The doctor told me to stay in bed ________98_________.
Now I’m ________99________you to ask for two days’ sick leave. Thank you!