1 Unit 1 Will people have robots?
2 Unit 2 What should I do?
3 Unit3 What were you doing when the UFO arrived?
4 Unit 4 He said I was hard-working.
5 Unit 5 If you go to the party, you’ll have a great time!
6 Review of units 1-3
7 Review of units 4-5
12 Unit 6 How long have you been collecting shells?
13 Unit 7 Would you mind turning down the music?
14 Unit 8 Why don’t you get her a scarf?
15 Unit 9 Have you ever been to an amusement park?
16 Unit 10 It’s a nice day, isn’t it?
18 Review of units 6-8
19 Review of units 9-10
22 How do you study for a test
23 Unit2 I used to be afraid of the dark
Will people have robots?
·more，less，fewer ·I don’t agree. = I disagree. ·I agree (with you).
·in five years on computer ·on paper
·besides ·on vacation ·many different kinds ·of goldfish ·no more ·be free
·live in ·as a reporter ·free time
·fall in love with … ·like doing sth ·keep a parrot
·look smart ·be able to do…. ·Are you kidding?
·there will be ·few，a few，little，a little，much，many
We are having fish for dinner.
We are moving to a different hotel the day after tomorrow.
A: Where are you going? B: I am going for a walk. Are you coming with me? A: Yes，I am just coming. Wait for me.
2．用be going to do表示将来：主要意义，一是表示―意图‖，即打算在最近的将来或将来进行某事。
Are you going to post that letter?
How long is he going to stay here?
I am going to book a ticket.
另一意义是表示―预见‖，即现在已有迹象表明将要发生或即将发生某种情况。 It’s going to rain.
George is putting on weight; he is going to be quite fat.
3. 用will/ shall do表示将来：
You will feel better after taking this medicine.
Do you think it will rain?
I will not lend the book to you.
Take it easy，I will not do it any longer.
基本结构： She will come to have class tomorrow. Will she come to have class tomorrow? She won’t come to have class tomorrow. What will she do tomorrow? 二、There be结构 1. there be 结构中的be是可以运用各种时态的。 There is going to be a meeting tonight. 今晚有个会议。 There was a knock at the door. 有人敲门。 There has been a girl waiting for you. 有个女孩一直在等你。 There will be rain soon. 不久天就要下雨了。 2. 动词be单复数形式要跟there be之后的真正的主语一致。并且要根据就近一致原则来
如There is a book on the desk. 课桌上有一本书。
How many people are there in the city? 这个城市里有多少人口？
There is a pen and two books on the desk. 课桌上有一个钢笔和两本书。
There are two books and a pen on the desk. 课桌上有两本书和一个钢笔。
There are some students and a teacher in the classroom.教室里有一些学生和一位老师。 There is a teacher and some students in the classroom. 教室里有一位老师和一些学生。
3. 在there be引起的句子结构中，用来修饰主语的不定式主动形式和被动形式均可。 There is no time to lose (=to be lost). 时间紧迫。
There is nothing to see (=to be seen). 看不见有什么。
There is nothing to do. (=to be done) 无事可做。
4、There is no doing.
There is no telling when he will be back. 无法知道他什么时候回来。
There is no knowing what he is doing. 无法知道他在做什么。
1. Will people use money in 100years? 一百年后人们还会使用钱币吗？
1) money 金钱；货币
eg． What's the money? 价钱是多少?
paper money 纸币；钞票
2) in 100 years 在100年之后
eg． I'll come in an hour. 我一小时后来。
I'll see you again in three days. 三天后我再见你。
2. There will be less leisure time．空闲时间会更少。
1) less 形容词：较少的(是little的比较级)，修饰不可数名词，其最高级是least；反义词是more。
eg． Jane's less beautiful than Mary. 简不如玛丽漂亮。
Five is less than six． 5比6少。
2) leisure time 空闲时间
eg．What do you do in your leisure time? 你空闲时间做些什么？
3. I think there will be more pollution． 我认为将会有更多的污染产生。
1) think后跟的是宾语从句，且宾语从句是there be句型的一般将来时，结构为―there will be+物+其他成分‖。
eg． I think it will rain tomorrow. 我认为明天会下雨。
I think there will be fewer trees. 我认为将来树木会更少。
例如：They did a lot to stop water pollution．他们采取大量措施制止水污染。
4. I don't agree． 我不同意。
agree在本句中作动词，I don't agree．是一句交际用语，表示―不赞成某人或某人的观点‖，如果表赞成，则为I agree。
1) 表示―同意某人意见‖时用agree with sb，该短语不能用于被动语态。
eg． Did you agree with him? 你同意他的意见吗?
I don't agree with what she said． 我不同意她所说的。
2) 表示―同意(某计划、办法、建议、条件)‖时，用agree to(to在此用作介词，其后接名词、代词或者相当于名词的成分)，该短语可以用于被动语态。
eg．I agree to your idea． 我同意你的想法。
My plan was agreed to by all of them． 他们所有的人都同意我的计划。
3) 表示―就……取得一致意见‖用agree on(或upon)，指―两者或两者以上的商定，达成协议‖。
eg．They both agreed on the date for the meeting．他们双方都同意开会的日期。
eg．They agreed to leave tomorrow afternoon．他们同意明天下午动身。
5. What do you think Sally will be in five years? 你认为萨莉5年之后将会是什么样子? 此句中的do you think是插入语，其后接的宾语从句必须用陈述句语序。 eg． Which book do you think she will like? 你认为她会喜欢哪本书?
Who do you think did it? 你认为是谁干的那件事?
6. I went to Shanghai last year and fell in love with it. 我去年去了上海，并且喜欢上了这座城市。
1) go表示―去‖，过去式是went，―go to+地名‖表示―到某地去‖。
eg．When will you go to school? 你什么时候去上学？
He will go to the factory tomorrow．他明天要去那所工厂。
eg．He went home at before six yesterday evening．他昨天晚上6点前回家的。
2) last year意为―去年‖，用于一般过去时态中。
eg．He went to London last year．去年他去了伦敦。
3) love爱，热爱，其反义词是hate；fall in love with是―喜爱；爱上；与……相恋‖的意思。
eg．He went to Harbin last year and fell in love with it.去年他去了哈尔滨，并且喜欢上了那里。
7. I can't have any pets because my mother hates them. 我不能养宠物，因为我妈不喜欢他们
eg．John didn't go to school because he was ill. 约翰没有上学，因为他病了。
2) hate表示―不喜欢，憎恨‖，后可跟名词或代词作宾语，也可用词组hate doing sth.，表示―讨厌做某事‖。
eg．He hated flowers. 他讨厌花朵。
I hate swimming in the lake. 我讨厌在那个湖里游泳。
8. I'll probably go skating and swimming every day. 我会每天都去滑冰和游泳。
1) go doing sth. 结构，表示―去做……
go skating 去滑冰 go swimming 去游泳go shopping 去买东西 go fishing 去钓鱼 go boating 去划船
eg．My father goes fishing every week． 我爸爸每周都去钓鱼。
I like going skating．我喜欢去滑冰。
2) every day与everyday区别：every day表示―每天‖，通常与一般现在时连用；而everyday表示―日常的，每天发生的，每日所用的‖，是形容词。例如：
eg．I get up at six every day. 我每天6点起床。
He wears everyday clothes today．今天他穿一身便服。
9. During the week I’ll look smart，and probably will wear a suit．
1) during表示―在……期间‖，during the week是介词短语，意为―在工作日里‖。 eg．The sun gives us light during the day. 太阳在白天给我们阳光。
He fell asleep during the lesson. 他在上课时睡着了。
eg．That dog looks dangerous. 那只狗看起来很危险。
You look very beautiful today. 今天你看上去很漂亮。
3) wear表示―穿‖，表示状态，用一般现在时表示经常状态，用现在进行时表示暂时状态。 eg．We wear our rain boots on a rainy day. 我们在下雨天穿雨鞋。
She is wearing a new coat． 她穿着一件新衣服。
Does he wear glasses? 她戴眼镜吗？
eg．She put on a red coat and went out. 她穿上红色大衣出去了。
他整天戴着草帽。 误：He puts on a hat all day. 正：He wears a hat all day.
10. I'll go to Hong Kong on vacation． 我会去香港度假。
eg． He will go to Hangzhou on vacation． 他要到杭州度假。
My father will be away on business tomorrow．我爸爸明天要出差。
11. What do you think the weather will be like tomorrow? 你认为明天的天气怎样?
1) What's the weather like? 是询问天气怎么样，相当于How is the weather？What be … like?可以用来征求对方对某事的看法或意见，意思是―……怎么样?‖ 类似的说法还有What do you think of…? How do you like…?等句型。
eg．What is the book like? ＝What do you think of the book?
＝How do you like the book? 你觉得这本书怎么样? What's the weather like today?＝How is the weather today? 今天天气怎么样?
2) What is／are…1ike? 可用来提问天气情况，也可用来对人(或物)的外观、外貌提问，还可以用来对其特性提问。
eg．What's the weather like today? 今天天气怎么样?
What's the young girl like? 那个年轻女孩长什么样?
What was the book like? 那本书怎么样?
12. There were many famous predictions that never came true．(过去)有许多从没成为现实。著名的预测
1) 本句中that never came true是个定语从句，用于修饰先行词predictions，that为引导词，作定语从句的主语，不可省略。
2) come true指―理想，梦想等实现‖。come是连系动词；true是形容词，做连系动词come的表语。
eg．My dream will come true someday. 有一天我的梦想会实现。
Her dream to go to university has come true． 她上大学的愿望实现了。
I. Multiple choice
1. Are you _________ your winter holiday next week?
A. going to have B. will have C. had D. have
2. Do you often ______ from your parents?
A. heard B. hears C. to hear D. hear
3. _____ Lucy _________ her homework in her room now?
A. Is，doing B. Does，do C. Do，do D. Did，do
4. She dances better than Mary _______.
A. is B. has C. does D. dance
5. Mary usually _______ up at five o’clock.
A. will get B. got C. get D. gets
6. They ______ four English classes a week last term.
A. has B. have C. had D. are having
7. A bird can ______ but I can’t.
A. flies B. flying C. flew D. fly
8. They _______ to see me yesterday evening.
A. will come B. comes C. are coming D. came
9. We’re moving to a different town ___________.
A. the day before yesterday B. last Sunday C. the day after tomorrow D. a week ago
10. Look! The monkeys _________ the tree.
A. climb B. are climbing C. is climbing D. were climbing
11. When _____ you ______ to Australia? Next Monday.
A. did，fly B. will，fly C. are，fly D. do，fly
12. Which team ________ the next football match?
A. wins B. won C. will win D. win
Keys: 1—5 ADACD 6—10 CDDCB 11—12 BC
CATV is a short way saying ―community antenna (公用天线) television‖. But ―cable television‖ is the name most people use. Cable television allows viewers(观众) to receive TV programs that they can not pick up with their ordinary antenna.
Television signals(信号) do not follow the curve(曲线) of the earth. They travel in straight lines in all directions. Signals from a TV station move towards the horizon(水平线) and then go into space. If you live only a few miles from a TV station，you may get a good picture on your set. But if you live more than 50 miles from a station，you may not get any pictures at all.
CATV began in 1948. People in places far from TV stations had to pay for putting up high antennas. A community antenna was usually placed on a hill，a mountain or on a high tower. The antenna picked up TV signals and fed them into a small local(当地的) station. From the station，thick wires called cable ran out to nearby homes. Each person using the cable paid a monthly charge(费用).
CATV worked well，and soon new uses were found for it. Local stations could feed programs into empty channels that were not in use. People along the cable could have local news，weather report，and farm and school news at no extra charge.
Today，cable television has moved into cities. It brings in extra programs that city viewers with ordinary antenna can not see. It is also used in many classrooms throughout the country. 根据短文内容，选择正确答案。
1. From the first paragraph we know that _____.
A. most people use cable television B. ―community antenna‖ is used for cable television
C. a community antenna is used for cable television
D. an ordinary antenna can not pick up TV programs
2. Of the following，which is not the way TV signals travel?
A. In a curve. B. In a straight line. C. In all directions. D. Towards the horizon.
3. Cable TV is becoming more and more popular because _____.
A. it is free of charge B. it provides all TV users good pictures
C. it only needs a bit of cable D. it can provide more programs
4. On the whole，this passage is about ______.
A. how to put up high antennas B. a way of picking up better TV programs C. how to use the empty channels on your TV set D. the way that TV signals are sent 5. From the passage we can infer(推测) that ______. A. TV has begun to be used for educational purpose(目的) B. viewers can receive more TV programs with their ordinary antennas C. cable TV can not be used in small towns D. antennas for cable TV are usually put up in the center of a community Keys: CADBA
Unit 2 What should I do?
stereo, loud, argue, original, serious, style, wrong, argument, either, teen, talk, family, tutor, haircut, caller, except, upset
1.want sb. to do sth. 2.play one’s stereo 3 stay at home
4.argue with sb / have an argument with sb. 5.be out of style
6.write sb a letter/write to 7.talk about 8.on the phone
9. surprise sb. 10.pay for 11.get a part-time job 12.borrow sth. from sb.
13.ask sb. for… 14. have a bake sale 15.find out 16.be upset
17. call… up 18.the same as 19. get on well with sb. 20. return sth.
21.have a fight with sb. 22.from…to… 23. drop off 24.prepare for
25.after-school clubs 26.be used to 27.fill up 28.take the middle road
1. What should I do? 2. Why don’t you…? 3. You could …
4. You should… 5. You shouldn’t…
情态动词(Modal Verbs )Ⅰ
* 情态动词也可称为―情态助动词 (Modal Auxiliaries)‖，因为它和基本助动词(be,do, have)都属于助动词类。
* 常用的情态动词有：can, could, may, might, must, shall, should, will, would这九大情态动词；其他的还有ought to, need, dare 等。
1. 现在式 can -- 过去式 could
2. 现在式 may -- 过去式 might
3. 现在式 shall -- 过去式 should
4. 现在式 will -- 过去式 would
5. 现在式 must -- 过去式 must （常用had to来代替）
(can, could, will, would, shall, should, must, ought to)
（1）can 和 could 用于表示“可能”或“预测”：
1. He can't be at home. (否定句)
2. Can the news be true? (将情态动词 can 置于主语 the news 前就成疑问句)
3. Anybody can make mistake. (只表示理论上的可能性) 任何人都可能犯错误。
（2）may 和 might 用于表示“事实上的可能性”或“预测”：
1. It may rain tomorrow. (表示可能会发生) 明天可能会下雨。
2. It may snow later this afternoon. (表示预测) 今天下午可能会下雪。
3. You might be right. (表示有可能) 你可能是对的。
（3）will 和 would 用于表示“预测”或“习惯性”：
1. I think he will be all right now. (will be 表示一定会) 我想他现在一定好了。
2. That would be his mother.(would be 表示肯定是) 那肯定是他母亲。
3. He will sit there hour after hour looking at the river.(will 表示经常的)
（4）shall 和 should 用于表示“必定”：
1. I shall be rich one day. (shall be ) 总有一天我会发达的。
2. That should be Sam and his mother. (should be) 那准是Sam 和他的母亲。
1. This must be good for you.(must be 肯定) 这肯定对你是有益的。
2. All mankind must die.(表示必然会发生的事) 所有的人一定会死的。
3. Mustn't there be a mistake? (mustn't 多用于疑问句) 那肯定会有错误吗？
(can, could, will, would, shall, should, may, might, must)
（1）can 和 could 用于表示“许可”、“请求”：
1. Can I go with you? (请求) 我能跟你一起走吗？
2. Father said I could go to cinema. (表示过去的许可) 爸爸说我可以去看电影。
3. Could I ask you something ? (请求,用 could 比 can 更婉转) 我可以问你一件事吗？
（2）will 和 would 用于表示“请求”
1. Will you kindly tell me the way to the post office? (表示客气请求)
2. Would you give me your address? (用 would 比 will 表示更客气)
（3）shall 和 should 用于第一人称，表示征求对方的意见
1. Shall we talk? 我们谈谈好吗？
2. What should we do next? (用should 比 shall 表示更客气) 下一步我们该怎么做？
3. Shall he come to see you? (用于第三人称疑问句) 要不要他来看你？
（4）may 和 might 用于表示“许可”(口语中多用 can )
1. You may take a walk. (表示给予许可) 你可以散散步。
2. You might read the story for me. (比may更婉转) 是否请给我读一读这故事。
3.May I make a suggestion? 我可以提个建议吗？
4. Might I take a look of your work? 我看看您的大作行吗？
5. Students may not make noise in the library. (may not 表示不许可或禁止)
6. If I may say so, you are not right. (用于条件句，表示请求)
1. Cars must not be parked here. (must not表示不许可) 此地不准停车。
2. All of you mustn't fishing in the pool. (must not 语气方面比 may not 更强) 你们不准在池里钓鱼。
1．argue v．争论；争吵 argue with sb．与某人吵架
I argued with my best friend．我和我的好朋友吵架了。
Don’t argue with him. 别和他争吵了。
2．① either adv.（用于否定句）也
He doesn’t have any money, and I don’t, either．他没有钱，我也没有。 I can’t play chess. She can’t, either.我不会下国际象棋，她也不会。 ② too 也（用于肯定或疑问句）
I’m a teacher．He is a teacher, too．我是老师，他也是老师。
We are going hiking. Are they going hiking,too?我们要去徒步旅行,他们也要去吗？
3．ask （sb．）for sth．向某人寻求某物；要??
Don't ask for food every day．Go and find some work． 别天天要饭，找点儿工作做。 I don’t think you should ask your parents for some money.我想你不应向父母要钱。 If you have any problems, you can ask the policeman for help. 如果你有困难，可以向警察求助。
He didn't want to ask his teacher for his book back． 他不想向老师要回他的书了。
4．the same as... 与??相同
The clothes are the same as my friends'．这些衣服与我朋友的一样。
Tom is the same age as Anna．＝ Tom is as old as Anna． 汤姆和安娜一样大。 Her backpack is the same as mine. 她的背包与我的一样。
My class has been invited except me．＝ Only I haven't been invited． 除我以外，我的同学都被邀请了。
All the students went to the park except him．＝ Only he didn't get to the park． They all toured America except her.
We all went there besides him．＝ He went there．We went there, too．除他去以外，我们也都去了。
There are five more visitors besides me.除了我之外还有5倍访客
Is there anything wrong with you? 你哪儿不舒服？
─ What's wrong with you? 你怎么了?(你哪里不舒服?)
─ I've got a headache．我头痛。
What’s wrong with your watch? It doesn't work.你的手表怎么了？它不走了。 adv．错误地；不正确地；不对地
He answered wrong．他答错了。
They knew they did wrong. 他们知道他们做错了。
7．get on well with sb．与某人相处融洽
The students will get on well with the teacher．学生会和老师相处得非常好。 12
We get on well with each other．我们彼此相处融洽。
Can she get on well with all the other students in her class?
8．have a fight with sb．＝ fight with sb．与某人打架
I don‘t want to have a fight with my cousin． 我不想和我的堂兄打架。 They never fight with each other.They are really good friends. 他们从不打架，他们的确是好朋友。
五、主要句型(Key Sentences Structures)
What should I do? You could write him a letter．
What should he do? Maybe he should say sorry to him
What should they do? They shouldn't argue．
1. borrow sth. from sb. 从某人处借进某物
lend sth. to sb. 把某物借给某人
borrow sth. from sb. 是指该句的主语从别人处(往里)借进某物
例:He borrowed the dictionary from Lucy yesterday. 他昨天从露西处借了那本字典. lend sth. to sb. = lend sb. sth.
例如：Could you lend me your car? 请你借给我你的车用一下好吗？
2. ①get sb. to do? 使??做（以人为对象时，有“说服??使做??”的含义） He could get a tutor to come to his home. 他可以请一位家庭教师来他家。 You’ll never get her to agree. 你决不可能使她同意。
②ask sb. to do? 邀请（人）做??
We asked her to come to our party.我们请她来参加聚会
③ tell sb. to do?让某人做某事 例如：
The teacher told him to finish the work that day. 老师那天让他完成那项工作。
3、be in style 时髦的，流行的
be out of style 过时的，不时髦的
例： Look! Her new dress is in style.她的新裙子很时髦。
Those clothes are out of style. 那些衣服过时了。
1、I don’t want to surprise him. 我不想让他感到意外。
此处surprise是及物动词 surprise sb. 使某人感到吃惊
eg. My friend always surprises me.
2、talk about it on the phone 用电话就此事进行交流
eg. Call Jim on the phone. 找吉姆听电话。
Lily, you are wanted on the phone. 莉莉，你的电话
3、call sb. (up) =give sb. a call 给某人打电话
He called me (up) from New York. 他从纽约给我打来电话
=He gave me a call from New York.
4、write sb. a letter = write a letter to sb. 给某人写信
5、give him a ticket to a ball game.给他一张观看球赛的入场券
eg. They got two tickets to tonight’s show. 他们搞了两张今晚表演的入场券。
6、She has the same haircut as I do. 她和我有相同的发型。
eg. Tim has the same clothes as his brother does.提姆和他的弟弟有相同的衣服。
7、find out （研究、努力的结果）发现，查出，找出
You should find out (the answer) for yourself.你应该自己去找答案。
8、Everyone else in my class was invited except me.
此句中else一词不能单独使用它必须跟在不定代词像“someone, anyone nobody”等词的后面，或跟在特殊疑问词像“what, where”等词的后面使用意思是“别的” eg. What else do you know about it? 关于此事你还知道什么别的方面
9、I can’t think what I did wrong. 我真想不出我做错了什么。
此句中 what I did wrong是宾语从句，作think的宾语应用陈述语序。
10、I’m very upset and don’t know what to do.我很沮丧，不知该干什么。 此句中 what to do是不定式作know的宾语，可用宾语从句来代替。可以说成“I don’t know what I should do.”
11、There are a lot of things you could do. 有许多你能做的事。
此句中 you could do是定语从句，修饰前面的名词“things”
12、You left your homework at home.你把你的作业落在家里了。
Leave sth. +介词短语，是“把??忘在，落在（某处）的意思。
eg. He left his umbrella on the bus.他把伞忘在公交车上。
13、You should try to be funny. 你应该试着幽默一些。
Try to do?努力做，试着做，尽量做
而try not to do 是尽量不做??
eg. Please try not to be late again. 请尽量不要再迟到。
14、Their school days are busy enough. 他们的学校生活是够忙的。
eg. He is tall enough to reach that apple. 他足够高的可以够着那个苹果。
15、be under too much pressure. 在太多的压力下
16、see other children doing a lot of things 看别的孩子在做许多事 see sb. doing 看见某人正在干某事
eg. We saw them playing basketball at that time.那时我们看见他们在打篮球
17、find it hard to do sth. 发现做??（事）很难
He found it hard to learn math well. 他发现学好数学很难
1. I ________ home until I finish my homework.
A. won’t go B. will go C. go D. went
2. I don’t know if she _________ tomorrow, if she _______, I’ll call you.
A. comes, comes B. will come, will come C. will come, comes D. comes, will come
3. There ________ more people in the next 5 years.
A. is B. are C. will have D. will be
4. She tried _______ about her journey, but she found it difficult.
A. didn’t to worry B. to not worry C. not worrying D. not to worry
5. I think ________ food is fried chicken in the USA.
A. more popular B. most popular C. the most popular D. popular
6. When you go to see your father, please ________ these books to him.
A. bring B. take C. carry D. put
7. His backpack is the same ________ Tom’s.
A. at B. as C. from D. in
8. I argued ________ my good friends yesterday. What should I do?
A. of B. with C. at D. to
9. Han Mei _________ a book from the library a week ago.
A. lent B. returned C. borrowed D. wanted
10. --- What can I do for you, sir? ---I’m ________ a book on history.
A. making out B. finding out C. looking for D. working out
2. There are _________________ three thousand students in our school.
3. He bought all these things on ____________.
4. Why don’t you _________your parents _______ help?
5. Mike always _______________ to pay for his tuition.
What do we know about the sea? Most of us have seen it. We know that it looks very pretty when the sun is shining on it. We also know that it can be less pretty when the weather is terrible. What other things do we know about it? The first thing is that the sea is very big. Look at the map of the world and you’ll find there is less land than sea. The sea covers 3/4 of the world. The sea is very deep in some places. Some parts of the sea are very shallow. At a place near Japan, the sea is nearly 11kilometers deep! If the highest mountain in the world were put into the sea at the place, there would be two kilometers of water above it.
1. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. The sea always looks pretty. B. The sea always looks terrible.
C. The sea looks neither pretty nor terrible when it is fine.
D. The sea doesn’t look pretty all the time.
2. What will you find if you look at a map of the world? We’ll find _______.
A. there’s much more water than land B. the sea covers three fourths of the land
C. the land covers one-third of the sea D. the sea was very pretty
3. This passage tells us that ________.
A. the sea is very shallow B. the sea is very deep
C. the sea is neither shallow nor deep D. the depths of the sea in different places are quite different
4. The word ―it‖ in the last sentence of this passage means ________.
A. the water B. the mountain C. the sea D. Japan
5. The best title for this passage is ________.
A. The Big Sea B. The Sea And Its Depths C. Something About The Sea
D. Sea And Land
一. 1—5 ACDDC 6—10 BBBCC：
二. 1. getting on well 2. more than 3. credit 4. ask， for 5. gets a part-time job
Unit 3 What were you doing when the UFO arrived?
well, buy, cut, land, while, experience, strange, around, follow, climb, shout, run, anywhere, happen, accident, modern, bright, silence, destroy, meaning, souvenir
1.get out (of) 2.in front of / in the front of 3. take off
4.buy for 5. land on 6. shout to / at 7.run away
8.come in 9.hear about 10.the Museum of Flight
11.happen to 12.stop doing 13.take place 14.as... as
1. What were you doing when...? 2. I was doing sth. when...
3. How about... / What about...? 4. What happened next?
5. While sth./sb. was doing sth., I did...
I was doing my homework at this time yesterday.昨天的这个时候我正在做作业。 They were waiting for you yesterday.他们昨天一直在等你。
否定形式：主语+was not (wasn't)/were not (weren't)+V-ing
1.过去进行时表示过去某一段时间或某一时刻正在进行的动作。常与之连用的时间状语有，at that time/moment, (at) this time yesterday (last night/Sunday/week…), at+点钟+yesterday (last night / Sunday…)，when sb. did sth等时间状语从句，如：
What were you doing at 7p.m. yesterday? 昨天晚上七点你在干什么？
I first met Mary three years ago. She was working at a radio shop at the time. 我第一次遇到玛丽是在三年前，当时她在一家无线电商店工作。
I was cooking when she knocked at the door. 她敲门时我正在做饭。
When the car exploded I was walking past it.= While I was walking past the car it exploded. 17
I was walking in the street when someone called me. 我正在街上走时突然有人喊我。
I was taking a walk when I met him. 我正在散步，突然遇见了他。
We were playing outside when it began to rain. 我们正在外边玩，这时下起雨来了。
二. 情态动词(Modal Verbs )Ⅱ
4、情态动词表示“应该”、“必须” （shall, should, may, might, must, ought to）
（1）shall 和 should 用于表示“必须”：
①. Each member shall wear a name card. (表示规定) 每一个会员必须配带名卡。 ②. I should answer his letter as soon as possible. (表示应该) 我应该尽快给他回信。 ③. You shouldn't judge a man always by the clothes. (shouldn't ―不应该‖含有劝告的意思) 你不应该总是以貌取人。
④. The rules shall take effect on Jan. 1st. (shall 用于规章等，表示义务和规定) 新规则于一月一日起生效。
（2）may 和 might 用于表示“应该"(多用于法律等条文，一般上多用 shall): ①. Payment may be paid by check.(表示规定) 应以支票付款。
②. You might ask before you use my computer. (might表示应该)
①. You must keep the place clean. (务必) 你务必保持地方干净。
②. We must obey orders. (表示有义务) 我们必须服从命令。
③. Must I pay now? (用于疑问句) (如回答不必时，需用 needn't 或 don't have to) 我现在就得付款吗？
(will, would, shall, should)
（1）will 和 would 用于表示某种意图：
①. I'll call you as soon as possible. (will 主要用于第一人称) 我会尽快打电话给你。 ②. Will you accept this invitation? (用would 则表示更客气) 你愿意接受这邀请吗？ ③. Who will do the job? (用于条件句，可用于各种人称) 谁愿意做这事？
④. We won't (will not) stay here too long. (will not 表示不愿) 我们不愿呆在这里太久。
（2）shall 和 should 用于表示说话人的意图：
①. We shan't (shall not) go if it rains. (shall not 也可用 will not)
②. I shan't go with you. (shall 只用在第一人称) 我不打算和你一同走。
（will, would, shall, should）
（1）will 和 would ：
①. She will do it if you ask her.(表示主语的意愿) 如果你问她，她会做的。 ②. Would you have another cup of tea? (用 would 比 will 客气) 你想再来一杯茶吗？ ③. Will you have some cookies? (will用于疑问句，表示问人是否愿意)你想吃些烤饼吗？ ④. If he will, he can do it. (will 用于条件句，用于第二、三人称) 如果他愿意，他会做的。 ⑤. Would you excuse me? (would 表示婉转语气) 你能原谅我吗？ （2）shall 和 should ： ①. He shall get his allowance. (注意是he shall, 表示说话人的意愿)他会拿到他的津贴的。 ②. You should sit here as long as you like. 只要你乐意，坐多久能行。 ③. Shall you go to school with me? (疑问句中，表示问对方的意愿) 你愿意和我一起到学校去吗？ 三. 重点词汇
cut (one’s)hair 理发
Be careful．Don't cut yourself．小心，别切到自己。
Nobody knows whether there are aliens or not．没人知道到底有没有外星人。 An alien got out of the UFO. 一个外星人从不明飞行物里出来。
The plane will land in ten minutes．飞机将在十分钟后降落。
A UFO landed in the middle of the field.. 一个不明飞行物降落在田野中间。
While I danced, she sang．我跳舞，她唱歌。
While he was singing, I was playing baseball. 他当时在唱歌，而我在打棒球。
The accident happened right over there．事故正好发生在那里。
He lives right in the center of the city. 他恰好住在市中心。
I was surprised that he was late for the party．我很惊讶他聚会居然迟到了。 She was surprised that I didn’t know about that. 她很吃惊我竟不知那件事。
I'm not kidding you．我没有骗你。
You’re kidding = No kidding. 别开玩笑了。
Did you go anywhere yesterday? 你昨天去没去过什么地方?
They didn’t go anywhere the day before yesterday. 他们前日天哪里也没去
A funny thing happened in the subway yesterday． 昨天地铁里发生了一件有趣的事。
What happened to him on that day? 那天他怎么了？（发生了什么事？）
sth. happen to +名词 发生于……身上
She hoped nothing bad would happen to him．她希望不会有坏事发生在他身上。
10．get out of 从??出去
She tried to get out of helping her mother．她尽量逃避帮助她的妈妈。
Tom got out of the lift and walked to the station. 汤姆走出电梯然后往车站走去。
11．run away 跑开；迅速离开；逃走
The thief ran away when someone noticed him．当有人注意到他的时候，那个贼立刻逃走了。
12．at the doctor's 在诊所；在医院
I'm thinking of going to the tailor's．在表示诊所、店铺或某人的家时，经常用名词所有格的形式。
Mr. Cool’s = Mr. Cool’s clothes store at Jason’s = at Jason’s store
She is staying at Mary's．她住在玛莉家。
I want to go to the tailor’s. 我想到裁缝店去一趟。
13. see sb. Do sth. 看见某人做(过)某事
she saw the alien get out. 她看见外星人出来.
1、in front of 与in(at) the front of
in the front of 在……的前面 （表示―有距离的前面‖，在一个参照物的前面） e.g.: There is a car in front of the house. 房子前日面有一辆车
in(at) the front of 在……的前头，前排（列）（在一个范围内的前面部位） eg. She sat in the front of the bus. 她坐在公交车的前排
2、get out of 与get into 是反义词
eg. He get out of the car and get into the building.
3、be amazing与be amazed
be amazing 令人惊奇的（修饰事物的，指某事令人惊奇，比surprising更具意外性 e.g.:She has an amazing talent for music.她在音乐方面有惊人的才华。 Isn’t that amazing .那不很令人意外吗？
be amazed (at sth./to do …/that 从句)（某人）对…(因…而)大感惊讶(指人作主语) eg. We were amazed at the news.=We were amazed to hear the news.
4、be surprising与 be surprised
be surprising令人惊奇的（用法与be amazing一样，也是修饰事物的）
e.g.:a surprising ending 一个令人惊奇的结局
be surprised (at sth./to do…/that从句) （某人）对…(因…而)感到惊奇，用法与be surprised 一样，也是人作主语。
eg. They were surprising that he was badly hurt in the audient. 他们很吃惊他在那次事故中伤得很重。
5、in a tree与 on a tree
eg. Are there any birds in the tree? 树上有些鸟吗？
on a tree 在树上（指长在树上的东西）
Look! There are many apples on the tree.
6、my flight to New York 与 fly to New York
eg. Her flight to Paris is taking off at 2 p.m.
She is flying to Paris at 2 p.m.
1. You can imagine how strange it was!你可以想象这事有多惊奇！
eg. You can imagine how fast he runs!
2. I followed it to see where it was going
follow sb. to do sth. 跟随…去做…
eg. Mr White followed his wife to see what was happening there.
3. She didn’t think about looking outside the station.
Think about (doing) sth. 她未想到去车站外看看.
4. say to sb. 对某人 say to oneself 自言自语
e.g.: He said to himself, ―Don’t be afraid.‖ 他自言自语,―不要害怕‖
5. look for 寻找（强调找的“过程”） find 找到（强调找的―结果‖）
eg. He looked for his lost key everywhere but couldn’t find it.
6. It was difficult to get out of bed. 从床爬起来很难。
It is difficult/hard to do sth. 做某事很难。
He found that it was difficult to learn physics well.
7. be killed 被杀害 be destroyed by… 被……摧毁……
8. walk home together in silence 沉默着一起走回家
in silence 状语（状态）
9. Not all events in history are as terrible as this.
Not all 并不是所有的（部分否定）
10. become the first Chinese astronaut in space. 成为中国首位进入太空的宇航员
11. His flight around the Earth Lasted about 22 hours. 他的环绕地球的飞行持续了22个小时。
12. Do you think sth. good can come out of sth. terrible? 你认为坏事能变为好事吗？
1. Who jumps ________ in your class?
A. far B. farther C. farthest D. longer
2. You must have _______ Beyonce, and she is a very famous singer who sang a song for the
77th Annual Academy Awards(第77届奥斯卡金像奖颁奖典礼).
A. heard from B. heard C. heard on D. heard about
3. We must hurry up, and the plane will _______ in five minutes.
A. leave B. go C. take off D. lands on
4. Ted ___ while he ___ his bicycle and hurt himself.
A. fell, was riding B. had fallen, rode C. fell, were riding D. had fallen, was riding
5. The reporter said that the UFO ___ east to west when he saw it.
A. was traveling B. traveled C. had been traveling D. has traveled
6. When I arrived at his office, he ___ on the phone.
A. spoke B. was speaking C. had been speaking D. had spoken
7. His computer is ____ expensive _____ Tom’s.
A. as; as B. so; as
C. much; as D. as; than
8. Tom ___ into the house when no one ___.
A. slipped, was looking B. slipped, had looked C. had slipped, looked
D. was slipping, looked
A．makes B．is making C．will make D．was making
10．I on the phone when a friend went into a barber's shop．
A．talked B．was talking C．talk D．is talking
11．What about more trees to keep the air clean?
A．to plant B．plant C．planting D．planted
12．When the UFO took , the girl was in the shop．
A．out B．off C．on D．up
13．It will be to work out this problem in some years．
A．enough easy B．easily enough C．easy enough D．very easily
14．How I was at that time!
A．surprised B．surprise C．surprising D．surprise
15．I am sorry you've missed the train．It ten minutes ago．
A．left B．was leaving C．will leave D．leaves
16． John was walking to school, he saw a cat in a tree．
A．Because B．Since C．While D．If
17．My mother often asks me early．
A．get up B．got up C．getting up D．to get up
People live all over world. They live on land that is low. They live on land that is high. Some live near the oceans. Others live far from the oceans.
Earth has many different kinds of lands. In some places, the land is flat(平坦的). Flat lands are called plains(平原).
Some parts of Earth have hills. Hills are higher than the land around them. But hills are lower than mountains. Did you ever try to ride your bicycle up a hill? Some parts of Earth touch oceans. These parts are called coasts. Some lands have water all around them. These lands are called islands.
Earth has many different bodies of water, too. You know about the oceans. There are very large bodies of water. The water in the oceans is salty. There are also smaller bodies of water called lakes. Lakes have land all around them. Rivers carry water from the land. They are long bodies of running water. The water in rivers is not salty. Most lakes do not have salty water, either.
1. People live on ___ lands.
A. high and salty B. low and high C. low and salty D. salty and flat
2. Hills are higher than ___ and lower than ___.
A. mountains/the land B. mountains/lakes C. the land/mountains D. lakes/islands
3. Some lands with water around them are called ___.
A. hills B. mountains C. flats D. islands
4. What’s the meaning of the word ―coast‖?
A. 海岛 B. 海岸 C. 海洋 D. 海滩
5. According To(根据) the passage, which sentence is TRUE?
A. The water in rivers and lakes is salty. B. The water in oceans and all lakes is salty.
C. The water in oceans and some lakes is salty. D. The water in oceans and of lakes is salty. 参考答案：
1. C 根据题意应用副词的最高级。
2. D 听说过某人用hear about, heard from 接到某人的信件。
3. C 起飞。 4. A 5. A 6. B 7. A as...as中间用形容词的原形。
8. A 9. D 10. B 11. C 12. B 13. C 14. A 15. A 16. C 17. D
二.. 1. B 2. C 3. D 4. B 5. C
Unit 4 He said I was hard-working
ever mad anymore snack
message suppose hard-working nervous
semester worst true disappointing
lucky copy hers decision
start influence peace border
danger first of all 首先 pass on 传递 be supposed to 被期望或被要求... ... do better in 在......方面做得更好 be in good health 身体健康 report card 成绩单 get over 克服；恢复；原谅 open up 打开 care for 照料；照顾 have a party for sb. 为某人举行一次聚会 be mad at sb 2．目标句型： 转述他人话语 What did sb. say? He said I … She said she… They said… 3．语法 直接引语和间接引语
1．mad adj．极为愤怒的；十分恼火的 ．她为我丢了钥匙而生我的气。
He doesn't come here anymore．他再也不到这儿来了。
He can answer the question however hard it is．不管问题有多难他都能回答。
What do you suppose you will do after school? 你放学后想干什么?
I felt very nervous when I went into his office．
We will have ten subjects in this semester．这个学期我们将学十门功课。
Maybe this news is disappointing ．也许这是一个令人失望的消息。
8．be supposed to 认为必须；认为应该
You are supposed to be successful．你应该成功。
9．get mad 变疯；变得着迷 ．她对跳舞着了迷。
10．get over 恢复，克服困难
Can we get over this difficulty? 我们能克服这个困难吗?
11. first of all 首先
12. pass on 传递
13. be supposed to 被期望或被要求……
14. do better in 在......方面做得更好
15. be in good health 身体健康
16. report card 成绩单
17. get over 克服；恢复；原谅
18. open up 打开；开拓；开发；开放
19. care for 照料；照顾
20．have a party for sb. 为某人举行一次聚会
21．be mad at sb 对某人恼火，愤怒
1. What are some soap operas you know? 你所知道的有哪些肥皂剧？ you know是定语从句，修饰前日面的名词soap operas
2. What are some things that happen on soap operas? 肥皂剧里发生了些什么事？ That happen on soap operas 是定语从句，修饰前日面的名字something.
3. Lana said she wasn’t mad at Marcia anymore. 拉娜说她不再生玛西娅的气了。 be mad at (with) sb. 对某人恼火
be mad at (about) sth. (doing sth.) 对某事恼火
eg. Mother got mad at (with) me for watching TV for hours.
（此处的got mad at = was mad at）
not… anymore 不再……
eg. She didn’t cry anymore. 她不再哭了。
4. bring some books to her house. 给她带来一些书
bring sth. to 从（远处）带来，拿来（到近处）
而其反义词为：take… to ―从（近处）拿（走）到（远处）
eg. Could you bring some water to me?
Please take the chair to Jim’s room.
5.pass this message to sb.将这个消息(信息)传给某人
pass on sth. to sb 把某物传递给某人
eg. She said she would pass the dictionary to Tom.
6.You want to know why C didn’t return it and where it is.你想知道为什么C未将它还回来并想知道它在哪里。
此句中why C didn’t return it and where it is是宾语从句作know的宾语,请注意宾语从句的语序。（陈述语序）
7．You were supposed to meet at the bus stop this morning to return it.
be supposed to do ……被期望，应该(做……)
eg. He is supposed to be there on time.按理他应该准时到哪里。
1. In English, I’m better at reading than listening.
be better at doing (than doing)是be good at ……的比较级，意思为―更擅长……‖ eg. Are they better at playing football than basketball?
2. I can do better in math.在数学方面我能做得更好。
do well in 在…方面做得好 eg. Does she do well in physics?
3. I finished my end –of –year exams last week. 我上周结束了期末考试。
finish sth. (doing sth.) eg. Did he finish doing his homework before he went to bed?
4. I had a really hard time with science this semester. 这学期我的科学学科学得的确不好。
5. It’s not right to copy other’s homework. 抄袭别人的作业是不对的。
请记住这一句型：It’s right for sb to do …
It’s right for sb to do…
6. I said I didn’t think it was a good idea for her to copy ma homework.
7. She said it was much better if she din her own work.
e.g. He runs much faster than I.
8. Teaching high school students in a poor mountain village in Gansu Province may not sound like fun to you. 在甘肃省一个贫困的山村里教中学学生在你听起来可能不算什么有趣的事。
sound like +名词，意思为―听起来像……‖
9. Every year they send 100 volunteers to teach in China’s rural areas.
send …to …派，送…到…
10. Her village was 2000 meters above sea level. 她的村庄位于海拔2千米。
11. the thin air made her feel sick 稀薄的空气使她病了
make sb. do 使某人干某事（此处只能用动词原形，不能+to）
12.They love heaving volunteer teachers there. 他们喜爱让志愿者老师教他们。
love doing (to do)
13.There often isn’t money for education. 经常没有钱来受教育。
14. I can open up my students’ eyes to the outside world.
15. give them a good start in life 给他们一个生活的新起点
give sb. sth.给某人某物
16. She said she likes being a good influence in the children’s lives.
17. Yang Lei enjoyed her time as a volunteer very much. 杨蕾很愿意做一个志愿者。
18. care for ―Mother Earth‖ 关心―地球母亲‖
19. care for wild animals in danger 关心处于危险中的野生动物
20. I can’t do anything about that. 我对于那件事无能为力。
1. hard working 与work hard
前者是形容词，可作表语、定语；如：a hard-working student ; He is hard-working. 后者是一个动词短语，―努力工作‖hard 是副词，修饰动作work.
eg. Alice works hard.
2. forget to do 与forget doing…
前者是―忘记做……‖(to do 表示将来的动作)
e.g. Don’t forget to call me.别忘了打电话给我。
She forgot to mail the letter.她忘了寄信。
后者是―忘记曾做……‖(通常与will, shall, never连用)
eg. I’ll never forget seeing the musical in New York.我永远忘不了在纽约看过的那出歌舞喜剧。
Tom said to me,―My brother is doing his homework.‖
→Tom said to me that his brother was doing his homework.
2. 人称代词、指示代词、时间状语、地点状语等等的变化；根据意义进行相应的变化。 例如：
She asked Jack, ―Where have you been?‖ →She asked Jack where he had been. He said, ―These books are mine.‖ →He said that those books were his.
“I want the blue one.” he told us. ―我想要蓝色的。‖ 他说。
→He told us that he wanted the blue one.他说他想要蓝色的。
She said to me, ―You can’t settle anything now.‖她对我说：―此刻你无法解决任何事情。‖ →She told me that I couldn’t settle anything then. 她对我说那时候我无法解决任何事。
直接引语如果是疑问句，变成间接引语后，叫做间接疑问句。间接疑问句为陈述语序，句末用句号，动词时态等的变化与间接陈述句相同。引述动词常用ask, wonder, want to know, inquire。间接疑问句一般有三种：
(1)．一般疑问句由直接引语变为间接引语时， 由whether或if 引导。
―Has he ever worked in Shanghai?‖Jim asked. ―他在上海工作过吗？‖吉姆问。
→Jim asked whether/if he had ever worked in Shanghai. 吉姆问他是否在上海工作过。 ―Can you tell me the way to the hospital?” The old man asked.
→The old man asked whether I could tell him the way to the hospital.
―Which room do you live in?” He asked. ―你住哪个房间？‖他问我。
→He asked me which room I lived in. 他问我住哪个房间。
―What do you think of the film?” She asked. 她问―你怎么看这部电影？‖
→She asked her friend what she thought of the film. 她问她的朋友怎么看这部电影。
(3). 选择疑问句由直接引语变为间接引语时，由whether/if …or引导。
“Is it your bike or Tom’s? Mum asked. 妈妈问：―这是你的自行车还是汤姆的？‖ →Mum asked whether/if it was my bike or Tom’s. 妈妈问这是我的自行车还是汤姆的。 ―Does your sister like blue dresses or green ones?” Kate asked.
→Kate asked whether/if my sister liked blue dresses or green ones.
Jack said, ―Please come to my house tomorrow, Mary.”杰克说：―玛丽，明天请到我家来。‖ →Jack asked Mary to go to his house the next day. 杰克请玛丽第二天到他家去。 The teacher said to the students,―Stop talking.”老师对学生们说：―不要讲话了。‖ →The teacher told the students to stop talking.老师让学生们不要说话了。
―Don’t touch anything.” He said.―不要碰任何东西。‖他说。
→He told us not to touch anything.他对我们说不要碰任何东西。
today that day
now then, at that moment
yesterday the day before
the day before yesterday two days before
tomorrow the next day / the following day
the day after tomorrow two days after, / in two days
next week/ month etc the next week/month etc
last week/ month etc the week / month etc. before
―I feel better today.‖ He said. ―我今天感觉好多了。‖他说。
→He said that he felt better that day. 他说他那天感觉好多了。
―Xiao Ming is doing some washing” Mum said. ―小明正在洗衣服。‖妈妈说。 →Mum said that Xiao Ming was doing some washing. 妈妈说小明正在洗衣服。 练习
I. Please change the following sentences from indirect speech into direct speech.
11. Betty asked me if I had been at home the day before.
Betty asked me，―___ ___ at home ___?‖
12. She said that she had been back for a week.
She said，―___ ___ ___ for a week.‖
13. Mr. Smith said that John had told him all about it three weeks before.
Mr. Smith said，―John ___ ___ all about it three weeks ___.‖
14. The teacher asked his student why she had made so many mistakes in the test that time. The teacher asked his student，―Why __ __ __ so many mistakes in the test __ time?‖
15. The teacher asked us whether we were ready.
The teacher asked us，―___ ___ ___?‖
16. The teacher told her not to be late any more.
The teacher ___ ___ her，―___ ___ late any more!‖
17. My doctor told me not to read in bed.
My doctor ___ ___ me，―___ ___ in bed.‖
18. Liu Ying told me that she would help me with my English.
Liu Ying said to me，―___ ___ help ___ with ___ English.‖
19. Do you know what factory his father works in?
What factory ___ his father ___ in? Do you know?
20. The monitor told us that we were going to have a meeting the next day.
The monitor said, ―We ___ ___ to have a meeting ___.‖
Man has always wanted to fly. Some of the greatest men in history have thought about the problem. One of these, for example, was the great Italian artist, Leonardo da Vinci. In the sixteenth century he made designs for machines that would fly. Among these designs there was actually one for a helicopter. There was also another one for a parachute (降落伞). But these things were all designs. They were never built.
Throughout history, other less famous men have wanted to fly. A typical example was a man in England 800 years ago. He made a pair of wings from chicken feathers. Then he fixed them to his shoulders and jumped into the air from a tall building. He did not fly very far. Instead, he fell to the ground and broke every bone in his body,
The first real steps took place in France, in 1783. Two brothers, the Montgolfiers, made a very large "hot air balloon". They knew that hot air rises. Why not fill a balloon with it? The balloon was made of cloth and paper. In September of that year, the King and Queen of France came to see the balloon. They watched it carry the very first air passengers into the sky. The passengers were a sheep, a chicken and a duck. We do not know how they felt about the trip. But we do know that the trip lasted eight minutes and that the animals landed safely. Two months later, two men did the same thing. On 21 November, Pilatre de Rozier and the Marquis a Arlande rose above Paris in a similar balloon. Their trip lasted twenty-five minutes and they traveled about eight kilometers.
21. In the sixteenth century, __________ was built to help fly in the sky.
A. a helicopter B. parachute C. designs for machines D. nothing
22. The man with a pair of wings from chicken feathers _________.
A. flew very far B. flew a short distance C. realized his dream
D. fell to the ground and died
23. The ―hot air balloon‖could fly because __________.
A. hot air rises B. it is made of cloth and paper C. there's a balloon with it
D. it's very large
24. On 21 November, Pilatre de Rozier and the Marquis a Arlande rose above Paris _______.
A. in the same balloon as a sheep，a chicken and a duck were once in
B. in a completely different balloon C. in another ―hot air balloon‖
D. in a helicopter
25. The best title for this passage is ―_____________‖.
A. Two Brothers，The Montgolgiers
B. Hot Air Balloons And Wings Made From Chicken Feathers
C. Designs For Machines That Would Fly
D. Trip In Hot Air Balloon
11. Were you, yesterday
12. I've been back
13. told me, ago
14. did you make/ have you made
15. Are you ready?
16. said to, Don't be
17. said to, Don't read
18. I will, you , your
19. does, work
20. are going, tomorrow
III. 21-25 DDACB
Unit 5 If you go to the party，you’ll have a great time!
late sorry organize professional against chance injured consequence explain improve all the time 一直，始终 in order to 为了
have a party 举行聚会 go to college 上大学
be famous for 因??而著称 in fact 事实上
laugh at 嘲笑 too much 太多
get exercise 锻炼 travel around the world 周游世界 work hard 努力工作 wear jeans 穿牛仔裤
get an education 获得教育
1. If you do, you’ll? 2. I’m going to ?
3. You should? 4. Don’t you want to ??
5. Don’t you think ? ?
1. if条件句：条件句用于陈述语气，表示假设的情况可能发生，其中 if 是“如果”的意思。
(1)条件状语从句通常由连词if引导，意为“如果、假如”，主句不能用be going to表示将来，而应该用shall，will。
If you leave now, you are never going to regret it. (错误)
If you leave now, you will never regret it. (正确)
If it rains tomorrow, I shan’t climb the hills.
If I go to college, I will never become a great soccer player.
I don't know if it will rain tomorrow. 我不知道明天是否会下雨。
1. 用be doing表示将来：主要意义是表示按计划、安排即将发生的动作，常用于位置转移的动词，如：go，come，leave，arrive等， 也可用于其他动作动词，如：
We are having fish for dinner. 我们晚饭吃鱼。
We are moving to a different hotel the day after tomorrow. 后天我们会去另外一个旅馆。
A: Where are you going?
B: I am going for a walk. Are you coming with me?
A: Yes, I am just coming. Wait for me.
2. 现在进行时表示将来和用be going to 表示将来意思比较接近，但是现在进行时更强调事先已安排好，即将去做的事情, 而be going to 一般只表示打算做某事，有做某事的意图。我们来看两个例子：
She is having a meeting at 9 tomorrow. 她明天早晨9点有个会。
We are leaving for London next week.我们下周出发去伦敦。
1. too much 和 much too
too much 后接不可数名词，用来表示数量太多，意思是“??太多了（数量多）”；much too后接形容词，用来说明程度的，意思是“太??（程度深）”如：
much too heavy 太重了 （表程度）
错误：He has drunk much too water.
正确：He has drunk too much water. 他喝了太多的水。（修饰不可数名词，表数量）
2. be famous for 和 be famous as
be famous for表示“因??而出名”， for后接表示出名的原因；be famous as则表示“以??身份而著名”，as 后接职业、身份或地位，表示作为??职业、身份或地位是著名的，如：
France is famous for its fine food and wine. 法国以其佳肴和美酒著名。 France is famous as a romantic country． 法国作为一个浪漫的国家而出名。
3. I want you to remember the rules for school parties.
want sb. to do sth. 想让某人做某事
4. travel around the world 周游世界
e.g. Her dream is to travel around China. 她的梦想是周游全中国。
5. If we have it today, half the class won’t come.
won’t 是 will not 的缩写
6.reasons for becoming a professional athlete 赞同成为一名职业运动员的理由 for prep. （表示赞成、支持），其反义词为against
eg. Are you for his plan or against it? 你是赞成还是反对他的计划？
Which team did you vote for? 你投票给哪一个队（组）？
7.reasons against becoming a professional athlete 反对成为一名职业运动员的理由。
against prep. 反对，与?对抗
eg. Are you against my plan? 你反对我的计划吗？
Our played against No.1 Middle School at basketball yesterday. 我校和一中昨天比赛篮球。
8.begin the story with the words.以这些话开头讲这个故事。
begin ? with? “以?开始（开头）”
eg. The word begins with “s”.这个词以“s”开头。
Does he know that a year begins with January?
9. consequence 后果、结果
eg. We should consider the consequences before doing.
10. have a great time 玩得高兴
11. take away 运走，取走
eg. Don't take it away. I'll use it. 不要将它拿走，我要用。
12. make a living 谋生
v eg.He makes living as a driver. 他以开车谋生。
13. make money 挣钱
eg. After he became famous, he made lots of money.
14. let in 允许??进入，嵌入
eg. Don’t let the beggar in. 不要让那个乞丐进来。
1. For many young people, becoming a professional athlete might seem like a dream job.
might do 或许，说不定（一般表示比may 较低的可能性）
eg. She might win the prize .她或许会获得那个奖。
The child might be home already.那孩子说不定已回家了。
seem like+ 名词 好像?，似乎?
e.g. It seems like years since we last met. 我们似乎好几年不见了。
2. You'll be able to make a living doing something you love. 你能做你喜欢的事来谋生。
be able to +动词原形，“有能力做某事”
e.g. She is able to learn English well. 她能学好英语。
Doing something you love.做你喜爱的事。
you love 定语，修饰前面的something。
3. People all over the world will know you.全世界的人将会认识你。
all over the world 作定语，修饰它前面的名词people。
4. This is a great chance that many people do not have.
that many people do not have是一个定语从句，修饰它前面的chance。
eg. a great talk 健谈的人
She is a great friend of mine. 她是我非常要好的朋友。
5. Watch you all the time and follow you everywhere.一直看着你，你走到哪都跟着你。
all the time 一直
eg. Look! The monkeys are running and jumping all the time.看，猴子们一直在跑在跳。
I've looked everywhere for it.为了找它，我到处找了个遍。
The dog followed him everywhere.无论在哪，那狗都跟着他。
6. get injured =be injured 受伤
eg. He was badly injured in the accident.他在那次事故中受了重伤。
7. You'll have a difficult time knowing who your real friends are. 你将很难知道谁是你真正的朋友。
who your real friends are是一个宾语从句，它作knowing一词的宾语，这是一种“特殊疑问词+陈述语序的”宾语从句。
e.g. I don’t know where he is from.我不知道他来自哪里。
Can you tell me how old he is? 你能告诉我他多大吗？
how old he is是宾语从句。
8.I can’t remember how to get to your house.我记不起来怎样去你家了。
how to get to your house是不定式作remember 一词的宾语（此处不定式是指一个特殊疑问词+to+动词原形）
I can’t remember how I can get to your house.
E.g. Can you tell me how to get to Luxun Park?
We know who we will ask.
9.get enough exercise 得到充分的锻炼
10.go back home 回到家，此句可以换成return home
11. laugh at you 嘲笑你 laugh at sib.嘲笑某人
E.g. Don’t laugh at a person who is in trouble.
12. How many aliens dye their hair brown? 多少外星人把他们的头发染成棕色？ dye v.把?着色，染色
She dyed her white skirt green.她把白色裙子染成绿色的。
1.get to 与arrive
get to 与arrive均为“到达”之意。
①get to后面接名词，e.g. get to Shanghai/New York
但“到达这里/那里”则为get here/ get there。因为here和there为副词，所以它们前面不加to。
②arrive是不及物动词，它后面不能直接跟名词，必须与介词in/或at连用之后+名词。 e.g. They arrived at Jim’s house at 2p.m. （小地点之前用介词at） When did they arrive in Beijing? （大地点之前用介词in）
I didn’t know when he arrived. 我不知道他何时到达的。
“到达这里/那里”则改为arrive here/ there
“到家”则为”arrive home”，因为here, there, home均为副词，所以不加in/at。
2. join和take part in
join与take part in均为“参加”之意，是动词
①但join后面跟一个组织，政党，社团，团体等，“参加并成为其中一名成员” eg. join the Party 入党
join the League入团
She wants to join the singing club.
另外，join sb. 是“参加到某人的行列”之意
eg. Won’t you join us in a tennis match? 你不想参加我们网球比赛吗？ He joined us for dinner. 他与我们共进晚餐。
②take part in （动词短语）指参加（某种活动）
eg. Are you going to take part in the discussion? 你要参加讨论吗？ He took part in the speech competition? 他参加了演讲比赛。
Did they take part in that meeting last Monday? 他们上周一参加那次会了吗？
1. The volleyball match will be put off if it ________.
A. will rain B. rains C. rained D. is rained
2. There ________ a football game on TV this afternoon.
A. is going to have B. will be C. is going to play D. will play
3. This work is ________ for me than for you.
A．difficult B．the most difficult C．most difficult D．more difficult 37
4. I'll catch up with Lucy before she ________ the finishing line.
A．reach B．is reaching C．reaches in D．will reach
5. Excuse me. Could you tell me ________?
A．where's the teachers' office B．where's the bus stop
C．what's she doing D．where the post office is
6. I won't go if it ________ tomorrow.
A．rain B．is raining C．rains D．will rain
7. Wu Dong is good at ________ English.
A．speak B．speaks C．speaking D．spoke
8. You'd better ________ your jacket. The room is too hot
A．take off B．put on C．take out D．take care
9. In the race Wu Dong ran fastest. No one could ________ him
A．get on with B．hurry up C．give up D．catch up with
10. He is a little ________ than you.
A．fat B．fater C．fatter D．fattest
11. Watching TV ________ is bad for your eyes.
A．much too B．many too C．too much D．to many
1. I am _______ England next week.
2. Everyone _______ his foolish words.
3. Jane _______ the party，and the friends enjoyed themselves.
4. I met him by _______ in the street.
5. No one is _______ this plan.
1. 如果你向他请求，他会帮助你。If you _____ him，he _______ you.
I said it _____ Tuesday，but ______ it was Monday.
________ catch the train，she hurried through her work.
4. 她问那是否够了。 She asked _________ enough.
5. 我们玩得很快乐。 We have ________.
There are many words in the English language. You will never 1 the meaning of every word in English. When you read, you will often find many 2 you do not know. You will not have enough time to 3 reading and try to find every new word in a dictionary.
Sometimes you can 4 a new word because you know some of the parts of the new word. For example，if a word ends 5 the letters “er”，that word 6 be the name of a 7 or a thing that does a certain action（某个动作）.
A writer is a person who writes. 8 it is not 9 to know the parts of a new word to understand it， 10 it will help you many times.
1. A．know B．learn C．find D．look up
2. A．books B．letters C．stories D．words
3. A．stop B．enjoy C．keep D．start
4. A．find B．get C．study D．guess
5. A．in B．off C．up D．by
6. A．can B．might（可能） C．should D．must
7. A．friend B．boy C．person D．girl
8. A．Then B．Now C．Yet D．Sometimes
9. A．helpful B．useful C．enough D．good
10. A．but B．and C．so D．for
Mr White and his wife wanted to paint(油漆) the outside of their house. To save(节省) money they wanted to do it themselves. On Saturday morning they bought some paint and two brushes(刷子). They began that afternoon with the back of the house. The next Saturday Mr White went to a football match(比赛) but his wife painted the front of the house. On Sunday they found they couldn't open any of the front windows. They got them all open in the end. But they broke three of the seven. They were very dear to mend. Next time when they want to save money they'Il certainly ask somebody to do the work.
l. Mr White wanted to paint ________.
A. the front of the house B. the back of the house
C. the front windows D. the outside of the house
2. They wanted to do the work themselves because ________.
A. the windows were very easy to breakB. the windows were very hard to open
C. nobody could do this work well D. they didn't want to give more money
3. The work lasted for about ________.
A. two days B. less than a week C. three days D. more than a week
4. They have to ask somebody to mend the ______ windows.
A. three B. four C. five D. seven 5. Next time they will ask somebody to work for them because .
A. they want to go to football matches
B. it is no longer an interesting thing for them
C. they have no more paint and brushes
D. they really want to save some money
6. Which is the right order(顺序) for this story?
a. They started with the front of the house.
b. They broke some of the windows.
c. The Whites wanted to paint the house themselves.
d. They began with the back of the house.
e. They bought some paint and brushes.
A. edabc B. abcde C. cedab D. ceadb
1. B 真实条件句主句为将来时，从句用一般现在时。
2. B be going to do，will do都可以表示将来的动作，但只有选项B符合There be... 句型要求。
3. D different的比较级应该用more。
5. D 宾语从句要用陈述语序。
6. C 条件状语从句主句为将来时，从句用一般现在时。
7. C be good at doing sth. 擅长做某事。
8. A take off脱下，后半句说屋里热，所以应该用take off。
9. D catch up with 赶上。
1. leaving 现在进行时表示将来。 2. laughed at 因他的傻话而发笑。
3. organized 4. chance by chance 偶然。5. against be against反对。 三.
1. ask，will help
2. was，in fact
3. In order to
4. if that was
5. had a good / great time
1．A 2．D 3．A 4．D 5．A
6．B 7．C 8．D 9．C 10．A
Review of units 1—3
As he explored the sea，he took a lot of pictures. 他在探海时，拍了许多照片。
As the car is expensive，we can’t buy it. 由于汽车太贵，我们买不起。
As everybody has come，we can set off. 既然大家都到了，我们可以动身了。 as soon as 一……就
As soon as he arrived in France，he called me. 他一到法国，就给我打电话。 as…as… 表示双方程度相等，―和……一样‖。
Xiao Li is as tall as his brother. 小李和他哥哥一样高。
Your jacket is as new as mine. 你的茄克衫和我的一样新。
B、主语+谓语（行为动词）+as+ 原级副词 +as…
He speaks French as fluently as you. 他说法语和你说得一样流利。
Wang Ying teaches maths as conscientiously as her sister.王莹教数学和她姐姐一样认真。
2. a few；few；a little；little
Few people lived here many years ago．许多年前几乎没有人住在这儿。
Look！You made a few mistakes in your homework． 看！你在作业中出了几处错。 little或a little在句中修饰或代替不可数名词。其中little表示否定，意为―几乎没有‖，a little表示肯定，意为―有一点‖。
—How much wine did he have last night？ 昨天晚上他喝了多少酒？
—Just a little． 只喝了一点点。
Hung up，we have little time left． 快点，我们没有多少时间了。
a little还常用来修饰形容词、副词、动词，也可以修饰形容词或副词的比较级。 例如：
All of them felt a little tired．So they stopped to have a rest．
Lucy runs a little faster than I．露茜跑得比我快一点。
3. a little和a bit
a bit和a little通常可互换，也可修饰动词、形容词、副词。但在修饰名词时有区别：a little可直接修饰不可数名词；而a bit则要与of搭配才能修饰名词。
Please open the windows．It's a bit hot．请把窗户打开，有点热。
This morning he only had a bit of milk for breakfast．今天早上他早餐只喝了一点牛奶。
not…a little意为―非常、很多、不少‖，相当于very或quite等；而not…a bit则表示―一点也不‖，相当于not at all等。
The boy isn't a bit hungry． 那男孩一点也不饿。
The boy isn't a little hungry．那男孩非常饿。
We all passed the exam besides Tom. 除了汤姆外，我们也都及格了（汤姆也及格了） 注意：
He answered all the questions except the last one. 除最后一个问题没答外，其余问题他都答了。
All of them went to Beijing last summer besides Tom. 除了汤姆外，他们去年夏天也都去过北京。
There aren’t any other people to be considered besides/except/but you.
I didn’t look anywhere besides/except in your bedroom. 除了你的卧室外，我哪儿也没去找。
(4)but和except都可以和for连用，构成短语；也可跟 that 从句做宾语。
l asked nothing from him but/except that he should write to me every other week． 我只要求他每两周给我写一封信。
You can't succeed in the exam but/except that you will work still harder．
1. There be …
是―某处有某人或某物‖的句型表示―存在‖，注意：本句型要用就近一致的原则。 另外，There be句型有一些扩展形式：There + live（lie，stand，come，go）＋主语＋其它。
(1)Once upon a time，there lived a king.
(2)There goes the bell.
(3)On the hill（there）stands a house.
注意此句：There will have a class meeting this Thursday afternoon.是错误的。 应将其改为：There will be a class meeting this Thursday afternoon.
对there be句型中的主语提问时，无论主语是单数还是复数都用―What’s + 地点状语？‖
There are five apples on the plate.→What’s on the plate?
2. too…to，so…that…和enough to do sth. 的句式在一定的情况下可以互换。
(1)在肯定句中含so … that …的复合句可以转换成含有enough to do sth. 结构的句子。 如：
He worked so hard that he finished the work in time.
→He worked hard enough to finish the work in time.
If your son feels well enough to watch TV by then，he’ll be fine after the game. →If your son feels so well that he can watch TV by then，he’ll fine after the game.
(2)在具有否定意义的句中，三者可以相互转换，但应注意too…to在和enough to do sth. 与so…that…转换时，应用句中形容词的反义词或将that从句改为否定句。
He is too young to join the army.
→He is so young that he can’t join the army.
或：He isn’t old enough to join the army.
(3)如果so…that…结构中主句和从句的主语不是一致的，应在enough to do sth和too…to结构中的不定式前加上―for sb.（sth.）‖的短语。
English is so useful that all of us should learn it well.
→English is useful enough for us to learn well.
The maths problem is so difficult that I can’t work it out.
→The maths problem is too difficult for me to work out.
或: The maths problem isn’t easy enough for me to work out.
He likes swimming in Summer.（表示习惯爱好）
It’s very hot. He would like to（have a）swim.
1. There is going to ______ a sports meeting in our school next week.
A. be B. have C. open D. hold
2. ______ I open the window? It’s so warm here.
A. Must B. Will C. Shall D. Would
3. He doesn’t know _____ English because he has studied it for only ______ weeks.
A. much， a few B. little， few C. few， a little D. a few，a little
4. －______ is it from our school to Beijing?
－About half an hour’s bus ride. Shall we go and visit it?
A. How long B．How often C How far D. How much
5. The sun is _______ from us than the moon.
A. more father B. much farther C. very far D. more far
6. There _______ a sports meeting in our school next week.
A. will have B. will be C. will hold D. was
7. This film is worth _______.
A. read B. reading C. seeing D. to read
8. There are _____ people in the park during holidays.
A. so many B. such many C. many too D. many such
After breakfast I got out my 1 ，I had to do my math homework on Saturday. 2 I think we never need to math in our daily lives. can do all our counting，can't they? I spent the whole doing the math exercises. My mother watched me all the time.
At 6 I finished all! My mother was pleased. But I said in my heart，―I 7 math!‖
Soon after 8 ,Mother said,―Wendy，it's already time for you to do your 9 homework!‖Geography! How I like geography! I like Mr. Tomlinson. He always takes us 10 the world in his class. Mr. Tomlinson asked us to plan a trip to Egypt. I made my plan me nearly the whole afternoon. Mother was a bit . She asked，―When will you do your other homework ?‖So I had to spend the evening not watching TV but homework.
1. A. workbook B. note C. text D. story
2. A. Though B. Because C. But D. So
3. A. learn B. teach C. study D. use
4. A. Parents B. Computers C. Teachers D. Friends
5. A. evening B. afternoon C. morning D. night
6. A. last B. first C. least D. most
7. A. feel like B. hate C. love D. like
8. A. lunch B. breakfast C. dinner D. supper
9. A. French B. English C. geography D. maths
10. A. with B. for C. to D. around
11. A. fast B. carefully C. careless D. quickly
12. A. took B. spent C. cost D. used
13. A. sad B. worried C. happy D. angry
14. A. some B. whole C. all D. most
15. A. do B. to do C. doing D. did
It's eight in the morning. Mr. Robert is free from work. He is now looking through a list of TV
1. Mr. Robert plans to watch TV in the morning and he doesn't show much interest in sports and games. Which channel would he like to choose?_______.
A. Channel 2. B. Channel 8. C. Channel 9. D. Channel 2 and Channel 9.
2. At night，Mr. Robert wants to know the results of the Olympic Games of the day，he may choose _______.
A. Channel 2，women's tennis single final B. Channel 2，men's table tennis double final 45
C. Channel 8，men's high jump final D. Channel 9，special report
3. Tony likes cartoons very much. But he isn't allowed to watch them in the morning. He has to finish his homework first. So which program can he choose?_______.
A. Crayon Shinchan. B. Sunrise. C. Spiderman. D. King Lion.
4. Tony is a basketball fan. What will he feel after reading through the list?_______.
A. Surprised. B. Disappointed. C. Interested. D. Excited.
5. By watching TV today，how many results of the Olympic Games finals can Mr. Robert at least get to know if he would like to?_______.
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four. D.Five
1. 此题考查学生句子中的词语搭配。―举行运动会‖为hold a sports meeting，但句中有―there‖一词，决定要用there be句型，表示―某时有…‖，虽然have也有―有‖的含义，但它是―(某人/某物)有‖故本题答案为A。
3. 此题考查学生对little/ a little，few / a few的理解。a little/ little修饰不可数名词，a few/ few修饰可数名词。而a little，a few表示―有点，少数几个‖，在句中有肯定含义；little/ few表示―少数‖，―几乎没有‖在句中有否定含义。此题中English是不可数名词，weeks是可数名词，所以答案为A。
4. 本题考查疑问词的用法。how long指时间长短，如two days；how often问频率，如three times a day；how much问(不可数)多少；而how far问距离，而本题half an hour’s bus ride指的是距离，故选C。
5. B much, a little, a bit等可以修饰形容词的比较级。
6. B 同第一题。
7. C 看电影要用动词see，worth doing表示值得做……。
8. A so表示程度。
1. A 从下文―I had to do...‖，可看出是拿出练习本。
2. C 前后有转折关系。
3. D use表示运用，符合文意。
4. B 作者认学数学无用，日常生活用不上数学，因为平时有电脑。
5. C 吃完早饭就做数学作业，可推断是上午。
6. A at last 表示―最后‖的意思。
7. B 由上文，可知道作者对数学的态度。
8. A 上午做数学，中饭后，也就是下午，做地理练习。
9. C 从下文可知答案。
10. D around意为―在……周围‖，take sb. around the world的意思是―带领某人周游世界‖。
11. B 从作者对地理的态度，可知他的计划认真。
12. A it takes sb. time to do sth.是固定句型，意为―花时间干某事‖。
13. B 从上文可知，妈妈对作者花了整个下午学地理有点担心。
14. B the whole=all the，表示―全部的‖，―整个的‖。
15. C but 作介词，后接v-ing分词，和前面not watching连用，意思是―不是……而是……‖。
1. C 文中说Mr. Robert不喜欢看体育和比赛节目，而上午只有Channel 9 的节目不是体育和比赛，故选C。
2. D 从这几个晚上的节目来看，只有奥运会特别节目才会报导当天奥运会的结果。
3. A 细节题。 Tony上午要做作业，看不成动画片，只好下午看Channel 2动画片节目。
4. B Tony 是个球迷，而这些节目中没篮球，他当然很失望。
5. C 细节题。节目表上列出了。
1. wrong 2. with 3. fell 4. off 5. hurt
6. badly 7. was 8. hear 9. see 10. in
Review of units 4--5
1. as well as
as well as同，和，也；既……也……。
John can speak Chinese as well as French. 约翰会说法语，也会说中文。 It is important for you as well as for me. 它不仅对我重要，对你也是一样。 We shall travel by night as well as by day. 我们白天、晚上都要赶路。
as well 在口语中用得很多，用法和 too 完全一样，可以互换，通常位于句末。 如：
She not only sings also plays the piano as well． 她不但会唱歌，而且会弹钢琴。 I can do it as well． 这事我也能做。
2. ―see sb. do sth.‖意思是―看见某人做过什么‖，它强调动作完成了，而―see sb. doing sth.‖ 意思是―看见某人正在做什么‖，它强调动作正在进行。
I saw him crossing the street. 我看见他正在过马路。
I saw him cross the street. 我看见他过马路了。
I heard him singing in the next room. 我听见他在隔壁唱歌。
I heard him sing in the next room. 我听见他在隔壁唱歌了。
The used car is still worth $200． 这辆二手车依然值200美元。
Is the exhibition worth a visit／visiting？ 这个展览会值得去参观吗？
It's not worth getting angry with him． 犯不着跟他生气。
It isn't worth waiting for him. 不值得等他。
when 既可用于一点时间(从句的谓语动词需用终止性动词)， 也可用于一段时间(从句的动词用延续性动词)， 从句与主句里面的谓语动词所表示的动作或状态能同时发生或一先一后分别发生。
He wants to help people when they are ill. 他想在人们生病时帮助他们。
When he got to Shanghai，the ship had already set off. 他到达上海时，轮船已经开走了。 while只能用于指一段时间(从句的谓语动词必须是延续性的)，从句与主句里面的谓语动词所表示的动作只能同时发生， 不能一前一后发生。
One day while they were working in the fields，some farmers saw something strange in the sky. 有一天，一些农民在田间劳动的时候，看见空中有些奇怪的东西。
While I was reading，my mother was washing clothes. 我读书时，我妈妈在洗衣服。 这两个词还可以用作并列连词。when 是―在那时‖或―这时突然‖(and just at that time)的意思， 用来连接两个并列分句，有时 when分句前有逗号把前后两个分句分开。 例如：
An Arab was walking alone through the desert when he met two men.
I stayed till sunset，when it began to rain. 我一直呆到太阳下山， 天开始下雨了。 while 意为―而，却‖，表示对照关系。
Instead，he asked his father why he was not able to hatch chickens while hens could. 他反而问他父亲，为什么他不能孵出小鸡，而母鸡却能。
5. instead和instead of
If you are busy，you may come another day instead． 要是你忙的话，就改日再来吧。 He never studies．Instead，he plays all day and all night． 他不学习，而整日整夜地玩。 instead of是介词短语，表示―代替‖的意义时，常常和in place of互换使用，其后常可用名词、代词、动名词；instead of还含有―对比‖的意思。
Give me that dictionary instead of this one．把那本字典给我而不是这一本。（代替） 48
I want to fly to Being instead of taking a train．我想坐飞机去北京不想坐火车去（代替） This book is dull instead of interesting. 这本书不但无趣，反倒枯燥无味。（对比） In the morning，we get up early instead of late． 早晨我们起早不起晚。（对比） 6. be good for和be good at
be good for意为―有益于…‖，―对…有用‖，后面接名词、代词或动词的-ing形式； be good at意为―在…方面好‖，―擅长于‖，后面也可接名词、代词或动词的-ing形式。 例如：
This medicine is good for fever. 这种药对治疗发烧有效。
This kind of wood is good for making boxes. 这种木料适合用来做箱子。 He is good at English. 他英语学得好。 Tom is good at swimming. 汤姆很会游泳。 7. too…to…意为―太……而不能‖，表示否定。 如：
He is too excited to say a word．他激动得一句话也说不出来。 too…not to…意为―太……不能不‖，表示肯定。 如：
You are too angry not to say it．你在气愤之下，不免要说出这样的话来。
He is too careful not to have noticed it． 他那么细心，不会不注意到这一点的。 This coffee is too hot not to drunk． 咖啡不是太烫，可以喝。 not too…to…意为―并非太…而不能‖，表示肯定。 如：
His grandfather is not too old to do so．他祖父并非老到不能做这事。 二. 重点语法
1. 直接引语是陈述句，变成间接引语，由连词that 引导。
The teacher said，― I am very happy to hear the news.‖
→The teacher said that he was very happy to hear the news. （注意人称、时态的变化）
2. 直接引语是一般、选择或反问疑问句，变成间接引语，由连词whether或if 引导。 例如：
He asked me，―Are you free tomorrow?‖
→He asked me if/whether I was free the next day. （注意人称、时态及时间状语的变化）
3. 直接引语是特殊疑问句，变成间接引语，由相应的疑问词引导，如who，whom，what，whose，how，when， why，where等。
Jenny asked me，― Where is Mary from?‖→Jenny asked me where Mary was from. (注意：间接引语一定要用陈述句的语序，即主、谓、宾的顺序。)
―Be careful‖，the teacher said. →The teacher told us to be careful.
My teacher asked me， ― Don’t laugh.‖→My teacher asked me not to laugh.
They told their son，―The earth goes round the sun.‖
→They told their son that the earth goes round the sun.
1. 用be doing表示将来：主要意义是表示按计划、安排即将发生的动作，常用于位置转移的动词，如：go，come，leave，arrive等，也可用于其他动作动词。
We are having fish for dinner. 我们晚饭吃鱼。
We are moving to a different hotel the day after tomorrow. 后天我们会去另外一个旅馆。 这种用法通常带有表示将来的时间状语，如果不带时间状语，则根据上下文可表示最近即将发生的动作。
A: Where are you going?
B: I am going for a walk. Are you coming with me?
A: Yes，I am just coming. Wait for me.
2. 现在进行时表示将来和用be going to 表示将来意思比较接近，但是现在进行时更强调事先已安排好，即将去做的事情， 而be going to 一般只表示打算做某事，有做某事的意图。我们来看两个例子：
She is having a meeting at 9 tomorrow. 她明天早晨9点有个会。
We are leaving for London next week. 我们下周出发去伦敦。
1. _____________ the help of our teacher，we've made great progress. 2.―What can _____________ from the space?‖―Sorry，I don' t know.‖ 3. Zhaozhou Bridge is the ________ stone bridge in the world. 4. He has_________________ away for half an hour. 5. I don' t think it easy for us ___________ the football match. 6. The lady ____________ red is going to get married soon. 7.―______________ will the hot weather last?‖―I hope not too long.‖ Ⅱ. 单项选择。从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。 1. I was reading a newspaper ________ he came in. A. as soon as B. since C. while D. when 2. Bill isn't here. He's late ______. A. usually B. as usually C. so usual D. as usual 3. He was ill but _______. A. refused to leave his office B. asked for leave C. asked for help D. asked his boss for half a day's leave 4. This shirt is so nice，but it _________ too much. A. pays B. costs C. takes D. spends 5. What ＿＿＿ interesting book it is！ A. a B. an C. the D. / 6. Li Ming is a new student in our class. He _______ here for only a month. A. has come B. has been C. came D. was 7. This is a busy street，we see buses ______ all the time. A. came and went B. to come and go C. come and go D. comes and goes 8. While she ______，she cut herself. A. was cooking B. cooked C. had cooked D. cooks 9. --You look tired，Sue. --Yes. I _______ last night. A. didn't sleep well B. haven' t slept well C. hadn't slept well D. don't sleep well 51
10. David often gets first in exams，but this time he ________ some of his classmates.
A. fell behind B. fell down C. fell over D. fell off
Chess must be one of the oldest games in the world. An Arab traveler in India in the year 900 wrote that it was place ―long ago‖. Chess was probably invented in India，and it has been played everywhere from Japan to Europe since 1400. The name―chess‖is interesting. When one player is attacking the other's king，he says，in English，―check‖. When the king has been caught and cannot move anywhere，he says，―checkmate‖. These words come from Persian.―Shah mat‖means―the king is dead‖. That is when the game is over，and one player has won.
Such an old game changes very slowly. The rules have not always been the same as they are now. For example，at one time the queen could only move one square at a time. Now she is the strongest piece on the board. It could be interesting to know why this has happened! Chess takes time and thought，but it is a game for all kinds of people. You don't have to be a champion(冠军) in order to enjoy it. It is not always played by two people sitting at the same table. The first time the Americans beat the Russians was in a match played by radio. Some of the chess masters are able to play among many people at the same time. The record was when one man played 400 games! It is said that some people play chess by post. This must take chess the slowest game in the world.
1. Which of the following is known to be true?
A. Chess is an old Indian traveling game. B. Chess is the oldest game in the world.
C. Chess was played in Japan and Europe before 1400.D. Chess was played in India before 900.
2. One player has won the game when ________.
A. he attacks the other player's king B. he says some Persian words
C. the other player's king can not move anywhere D. he says ―check‖ to the other player
3. Which of the following is NOT correct?
A. All kinds of people can play chess sitting at the same table.
B. Only two people can play chess sitting at the same table.
C. Some people write to each other playing chess.
D. The Russian lost the game played by radio.
4. According to the old rule of the game _________.
A. the queen was the strongest piece on the board B. the king had to be attacked all the time
C. the queen could move no more than one square at a time
D. The chess was a game only for the queen
It was Monday. Mrs. Smith's dog was 1 ， but there was not any meat in the house. Thinking that there was no 2 way，Mrs. Smith took a piece of paper，and wrote the following words it:―Give my dog half a pound of meat.‖Then she gave the paper to her dog and said: ―this to the butcher(卖肉者)，and he's going to give you your lunch today.‖
5 the piece of paper in its mouth，the dog ran to the butcher's shop. It gave the paper to the butcher. The butcher read it ，recognized(辨认) that it was the lady's handwriting and soon did he was asked to. The dog was very happy，and ate the meat up at once.
At midday，the dog came to the shop again. It gave the butcher a piece of paper again. After reading it，he gave half a pound of meat .
The next day，the dog came again just at midday. And as usual，it brought a piece of paper in the mouth. This time，the butcher did not take a look at the paper，and gave the dog
10 meat，for he had regarded the dog as one of his customers(顾客).
But，the dog came again at four o'clock. And the same thing happened once again，To the butcher's surprise，it came for the third time at six o'clock. The butcher puzzled(疑惑). He said to himself，―This is a small dog. Why does Mrs. Smith give it so much meat to eat today?‖ Looking 12 the piece of paper，he found that there were not any words there.
1. A. hungry B. thirsty C. hot D. ill
2. A. another B. other C. others D. the other
3. A. under B. in C. on D. above
4. A. Take B. Bring C. Get D. Carry
5. A. Picking B. Having C. Dropping D. Holding
6. A. carefully B. quietly C. slowly D. clearly
7. A. possibly B. really C. exactly D. strongly
8. A. when B. like C. as D. after
9. A. too B. also C. again D. either
10. A. its B. his C. himself D. it
11. A. felt B. turned C. stayed D. kept
12. A. at B. for C. into D. up
1. The baby has four meals a day.（对划线部分提问）
_______ ________ meals a day _______ the baby ______?
2. Linda is watching carefully.（改为感叹句）
_________ _________ _________ _________ watching!
3. The children stopped playing. They saw the teacher coming in.（合并成一个复合句） The children stopped playing ________ ________ ________ they saw the teacher coming in.
4. Mr Li said something at the meeting.（改为一般疑问句）
_________ Mr Li _________ ________ at the meeting?
5. Mother said，―Don’t go alone at night.‖（改为简单句）
Mother told me ________ ________ go alone at night.
1. With with the help of sb. 在某人的帮助下。 2. be seen
3. oldest 比较范围是世界，应该用最高级。 4. been
5. to win 不定式做真正的主语。 6. in 表示状态，穿……衣服。
7. How long
1. D ―我在看报时，他突然走了进来‖when相当于just at that time―就在那时‖，而那一瞬间正在进行的动作主句用了过去进行时，A，B两项均不合题意，而while一般表示―与……同时‖，两个动作在某一时段内同时进行，也不合题意，故选D正确。
2. D as usual 像平常一样。
3. A ①refuse to do sth. 不肯做某事； ②必须重视句中的并列连词but ，表示转折。
4. B ―这件衬衣很棒，但是太贵‖。pay和spend主语应是人，排除A，D。It takes/ took sb. time to do sth. ―花了某人多少时间做某事‖，根据上下文，题干中的it指"衬衣"，不会表示为―衬衣花多少时间‖，排除C。sth. costs /cost (sb.) money―某物花了（某人）多少钱‖，题干部分应理解为―衬衣要花费太多的钱‖，选B正确。
5. B 这是感叹句，因为移到原一般句前面的强调部分中有可数名词book，所以应加冠词，而interesting的第一音素是元音所以要加an。
6. B for后于一段时间连用，应该用完成时。
7. C see sb / sth. do / doing。
9. A last night暗示用过去时。
10. A fall behind 落后于……。
2.C ―When the king has been caught and cannot move anywhere…‖ 表明。
3.B ―It is not always played by two people sitting at the same table.‖ 表明。
4.C ―at one time the queen could only move one square at a time‖ 表明。
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. A 5. D 6. A
7. B 8. C 9. C 10. A 11. A 12. A
1. How many，does，have 2. How carefully is Linda 3. as soon as
4. Did，say，anything 5. not to
1. in the future
in the future意为―将来，一段时间之后的事‖；in future意为―今后‖，可解释为from now on,如：
The little boy didn’t know what he would do in the future, but he did know that he wouldn’t talk with Bob in future because they had just had a big fight.
2. fall （过去式：fell；过去分词：fallen）
fall down 跌倒, 例如： He fell down to the ground.
fall in love with 爱上某人或某物, 例如： He fell in love with her.
fall into 掉入, 例如：He fell into the river.
fall onto 跌倒在…之上, 例如： He fell onto the ground from his bike.
fall off 从…跌落下来, 例如： He fell off his bicycle.
3. talk 的用法
talk about sth. 意思是―谈论某事‖, 例如：
Now let’s talk about your homework. 现在我们来谈谈你的作业。
talk with sb. 意思是―和某人交谈‖, 例如：
My mother is talking with my English teacher. 我妈妈在和我的英语老师交谈。 talk to sb.意思是―对某人谈‖, 例如：
The teacher is talking to the students. 老师在对学生们谈话。
talk over sth.作―讨论某事‖解，宾语是代词时须位于副词over之前, 例如： They talked over the matter at table.他们吃饭时讨论了这个问题。
give a talk意思是―作一个报告‖
注意要表示 ―告诉某人某事‖时，须用tell sb. about sth.这样的结构。
4. argue with sb和discuss
而 discuss 重在交换意见，进行讨论，不含有意说服对方的成分, 如：
I argued with him for a long time，but he refused to listen to reason.
The women were discussing hats. 女人们在谈论帽子。
argue on / about sth. 就…进行辩论
argue with sb．about sth．就某事与某人一起辩论
5. enough ―足够的，充足的‖
be+ adj.+enough to do sth.的句型，意为―足以能……‖，如：
She has drunk enough water/water enough. 她已经喝了足够的水。
I'm strong enough for this work. 我够强壮，足以能胜任这项工作。
The boy is not old enough to go to school. 这孩子不够上学的年龄。
He runs fast enough. No one can catch up with him. 他跑得足够的快。没人能赶得上他。 另外，enough前除可用quite外，一般不用修饰；enough作名词用时，表示―足够，充足‖，如：
The man never has enough. 这个人永远不知足。
I've had enough，thank you. 我吃饱了，谢谢。
6. find, find out和look for
find表示―找到，认为，觉得‖，强调动作的结果。常指找到丢失或忘掉的东西，如： Jim couldn’t find his hat.吉姆找不着帽子了。
I can't find my book.我找不到我的书。
She is looking for her son.她正在找她的儿子。
I’m looking for my watch. 我正在寻找我的手表。
比较：He can’t find his pen. 他找不到他的钢笔了。
--- What are you looking for? 你在干什么？
--- I’m looking for my maths book. I can’t find it. 我正找我的数学书，我找不到了。 find out作经过打听，询问 后搞清楚，弄明白。或指―查明‖的动作，―经过调查‖发现，查明真相，如：
I can find out the truth of the fact. 我能查出事实的真相。
7. be angry with sb；be angry at sth
（1）表示―对某人生气‖，可以说 be/get/become angry with sb.
也可说be/get/become angry at sb.
Mother got angry at（with）me only because I had broken a precious cup．
I was very（rather）angry at what he said．我对他所说的话非常生气。
（2）表示―因某事生气‖，可说be/get/become angry at sth.
也可说be/get/become angry about sth.
He was angry at（about）what I said．他对我所说的感到生气。
She was angry at being kept waiting．她因别人让她久候而生气。
8. on the tree和in the tree
表示―在树上‖既可以用on也可以用in，但用的词不一样，所隐含的意思也就不一样： in the tree通常表示所提物体不是树上长出来的，而是挂在、落在或是停歇在树上，如：
The birds are singing in the trees. 鸟在树上唱歌。
The child is staying in the tree. 小孩呆在树上。
on the tree通常表示所提物体是树上长出来的部分，如：
They are busy picking the apples on the trees. 他们正忙着摘树上的苹果。
There aren’t many oranges on the tree. 这棵树上桔子不多。
9. the same… as 同……一样的
Meet me at the same time tomorrow. 明天的这个时间和我见面。
I would do the same again. 我愿意重做一次。
the same…as 同……一样的，表示与as后的事物很相像，但并不是同一个，如： Your pen is the same as mine. 你的钢笔和我的一样。
the same … that = one and the same 同……一样的，表示与as后的事物完全一致，完全一样，如：
He was wearing the same shirt (that) he'd on the day before.
I went out the same way (that) I'd got in. 我顺着进来的原路出去了。
10. help with+n. = help sb. (to) do sth. 帮助某人做某事，如：
He often helps me with my English.= He often helps me to study English.
11. bored 和boring.
I feel bored about it. 它使我感到乏味。
It is very boring to study English. 学习英语很无聊。
12. surprise 动词―使惊奇‖，如：You surprise me! 你吓了我一跳!
(1)surprise 还可以作为名词―惊奇，吃惊‖；―可惊的事情, 意外的事情‖。作为―令人吃惊的事情，意外的事情‖是可数名词，如：
What a surprise! 多么令人吃惊的事!
Don't tell him about the present — it's a surprise.
They have heard the surprising news. 他们听到了那惊人的消息。
I am surprised at you. 我对你的举动感到诧异。
(4)to one's surprise 使某人非常惊奇的是，如：
To my surprise，I found him sing well. 使我吃惊的是他歌唱得很好。
There be 结构变形：在there be结构中还可把be改变从而使得there be结构有了一些改变，具体总结如下：
1. There used/seem/happen/appear to be，如：
There might be snow at night. 晚上可能有雪。
There appeared to be nobody willing to help. 看来没人愿意帮忙。
There used to be a building here. 过去这儿有一座楼房。
There happened to be a man walking by. 碰巧有个人在此经过。
There doesn't seem to be much hope. 好像没有太大的希望。
2. 在there be的be前还可以加上各种情态词，如：
There must be something wrong. 一定有问题。
There ought not to be so many people. 不应该有这么多的人。
There might still be hope. 可能还有点希望。
(1)There is no sense in doing. 做某事是没有用的，没有意义的 There is no sense in making him angry. 跟他生气是没有用的。
There in no sense in going alone. 一个人去是没有好处的。
(2)There is no need to do. 没有必要做某事
There is no need to worry. 没有必要担心。
There is no need to give him so much money. 根本没有必要给他那么多的钱。
(3)There is thought/said/reported to be 人们认为有/据说有/据报道有
There is reported to be a better way to cure cancer.
(4)There is no doing（口语）不可能…….
There is no telling when he will be back. 无法知道他什么时候回来。 There is no knowing what he is doing. 无法知道他在做什么。 改 错 小 练
( ) 1. I don't like football and basketball. _______
A B C
( ) 2. There is not time. I must go now! _______
A B C
( ) 3. ―What about bananas?‖ ―I don’t know.‖ she say. _______
A B C
( A B C
( ) 5. The boys are play football. _______
A B C
( ) 6. Where does Mr. King works? In a factory. _______
A B C
( ) 7. She likes to cooking a little. _______
A B C
( ) 8. How many women there are in the room? _______
A B C
( ) 9. The old man over there look like his father._______
A B C
( ) 10. Can you see the bus? Yes, I can see them._______
A B C
( ) 11. Look at the book and listen at me._______
A B C
( ) 12. I am not say it in English._______ A B C ( ) 13. Mary and I am good friends._______ A B C ( ) 14. The map in the front wall is old. Buy a new one, please. ______ A B C ( ) 15. I have an American toy. An American toy is new. _______ A B C ( ) 16. Can you look at the ball under the chair? _______ A B C ( ) 17. She’s pencil is very long. _______ A B C ( ) 18. Are they their pencil-box? _______ A B C ( ) 19. He is my twins brother. _______ A B C ( ) 20. Come there and have a look at the bird._______ A B C ( ) 21. His brother name is Jack. _______ A B C ( ) 22. What school is Jack’s friends in ? _______ A B C ( ) 23. What are those on the table ? An apple._______ A B C ( ) 24. Do you know he? _______ A B C ( ) 25. Can you give a pen me? ________ A B C ( ) 26. Please look the pictures on the wall._______ A B C ( ) 27. I think it’s sharpener. _______ A B C D ( ) 28. Is Han Meimei in home? _______ A B C D ( ) 29. Are you in Grade One? Yes, I’m. ________ A B C D ( ) 30. He is Mrs. Read. _______ A B C D 59
( ) 31. It’s name is Polly. _______
A B C D
( ) 32. The students's books on the desk are very nice._______
A B C
( ) 33. Look after your shoes. Don't put it here and there._______
A B C
( ) 34. The boys all are at school now._______
A B C
( ) 35. Are there some trees in the zoo? _______
A B C
( ) 36. It's time to go to home. _______
A B C
( ) 37. We have lunch on the middle of the day.
A B C
( ) 38. The boy goes to the bed at 9:30 every night.
A B C
( ) 39. It's time to get up, Jack. Don't late for class.
A B C
( ) 40. There is nothing wrong about your eyes.
A B C
1. C or 2. B no 3. C says
4. C drinking 5. C playing 6. B work
7. B cooking 8. C are there 9. C looks
10. C the buses 11. B listen to 12. A can’t
13. B are 14. B on the front wall 15. C The American toy
16. B see 17. A Her 18. C pencil-boxes
19. C twin brother 20. A come here 21. B brother’s name
22. B are 23. C Apples 24. C him
25. C me a pen (a pen to me) 26. A look at
27. D a sharpener 28. C at home 29. D I am
30. A She 31. A Its 32. A The students’ books
33. B Don’t put them 34. B are all 35. B any
36. C home 37. B in 38. B goes to bed
39. B Don’t be late 40. C with
1. different kinds of
意为―不同种类的‖，―各种各样的‖，等于all kinds of，kinds of 后面接可数或不可数名词均可。
There are many kinds of animals in the zoo. 动物园里有很多种动物。
It's very kind of you to help me. 你帮助我真是太好了。
可用―a piece of advice‖，―pieces of advice‖的结构来表示数量。
ask sb. for advice 向某人征求意见
follow/take sb's advice 遵从某人的劝告
give sb. some advice 给某人提出建议
The doctor gave us some advice on how to improve our health.
I left my notebook in the classroom. 我把笔记本忘在教室里了。
2）forget to do sth.指―忘记去做某事‖
forget doing sth. 指―忘记做过某事‖
I forget to tell her about it. 我忘了把这件事告诉她。
I forgot telling her about it. 我忘记曾把这件事告诉过她。
4. in hospital
而短语―in the hospital‖则译为―在医院里‖，并非生病住院之意。
at school 上学 go to school 上学 go to bed 上床睡觉
in/ out of jail 坐牢/出狱
5. take a day off
该短语译为―休一天假‖。off表示缺席、不在、不工作或责任的免除，如： You mustn't take a day off just because you want to see a football match.
I think I will take the afternoon off， because I get sick.
6. be mad at...―对……非常愤怒，恼火‖，如：
They were mad at missing the train. 没赶上火车，他们气得发疯。
be mad about―对……狂热，着迷‖；
go mad ―发疯，疯了‖。
7. bring...to... ―把……带到……来‖。其反义词组为―take...to....‖，即―把……带到……去‖，如：
It is raining heavily outside. Take an umbrella with you.外面正在下雨，随身带把伞吧。 Please bring the long ruler here，and take the short one away. 请拿把长尺子到这儿来，把这把短的带走。
Mum，please bring the English book and the CDs to school. I need them for my English class. 妈妈，请把英语书和CD碟带到学校来。我上英语课时要用的。
8. be supposed to 为―认为必须；认为应该；认为……必要‖，如：
Am I supposed to clean all the rooms? 我必须打扫所有的房间吗？
You are supposed to pay the bill by Friday. 你最晚在星期五必须结清这笔账。
remind + doing sth.和remind sb. of sth.都可以表示―提醒某人做某事情‖
Please remind him closing the window when he goes to school.
10. make money 赚钱，挣钱。
make money=earn money 赚钱
如： He makes money by fishing. 他靠打鱼赚钱。
11. hard与 hardly
hard 为副词，意思是―努力地，费力地，辛苦地‖, 如：
He works hard.他努力工作。
He works hardly. 他几乎不工作。
常用于词组response to sb./sth.―回复某人或某事‖，注意to在这里是介词，它后面要跟名词或代词。
如： I've had no response to his letter. 我还没有给他回信。
13. be good at 和 do well in
be good at 侧重于惯常的行为，do well in 侧重于具体的事情，指做某事做得好，但是现在这两个词组用法的区别日益缩小，通常可以互换。
be good at的比较级是be better at，反义词组是be weak in；
do well in 的比较级是do better in，反义词组是do badly in。
如： I am good at English composition.
You must do well in this test.
1. It seems that…是一个固定句型，―看来，似乎是，好像‖的意思。相当于―主语+ seem+ to do‖， 如果动词不定式为to be ＋ 形容词时，to be往往省略。
It seems that she is very sad. 她似乎很难过。
= She seems (to be) very sad.
It seems that he likes his new job. 他看起来很喜欢他的新工作。
= He seems to like his new job.
It seems that与人称代词连用，意为：―感到好像，觉得似乎‖，
It seems to me that it will snow. 我看要下雪。
2. What's wrong (with sb./ sth.)?
What's wrong? 的意思是―怎么啦？‖，用于询问发生了一件什么事情，也可以在what's wrong的后面接一介词短语，询问某人或某物出了什么问题。
— What's wrong? 怎么回事？
— I don't know. 我不知道。
— What's wrong with your bike， Jake? 你的自行车怎么啦，Jake？
— It is broken. 我的车坏了。
There is something wrong with his leg. 他的腿出了毛病。 类似的表达方法还有：
What’s the matter (with sb./ sth.)?
What’s the trouble (with sb./ sth.)?
3. It is + adj. / n. + for sb. to do sth.，做某事对某人来说……，在这个句型中真正的主语是动词不定式，也就是to do sth.是真正的主语，而it只是形式主语，如果不强调对某人的影响，可以省略for sb.
It’s very good for you to read more English books. 多读些英语书对你来说是很有益处的。 It is quiet surprising to hear the news. 听到这个消息确实很震惊。
4. If +一般现在时句子，主语+一般将来时。
If he is ill，he won’t go to school. 如果他生病了，就不会上学了。
1. There’s _______ with my bike，I hurt myself.
A. wrong something B. something wrong C. anything wrong D. wrong anything
2. I'm not sure whether Mrs Susan ____. If she ____，please call me.
A. comes；comes B. will come；comes C. comes；will come D. will come；will come
3. It’s nice to go _____ a walk ___ a spring evening.
A. for，on B. at，on C. to，on D. to，in
4. Don’t open your books _____ your teacher tells you.
A. until B. after C. when D. then
5. ------English people like drinking tea with sugar and milk. ------________.
A. So do Chinese people B. So are we Chinese C. We like it，too D. Oh，we don’t
6. We all helped him with his English so he didn’t _______ with his study.
A. fall off B. fall down C. fall behind D. fall over
7. When class began，we stopped ________ to the teacher carefully.
A. listening B. listen C. listens D. to listen
二. 词语释义 从A、B、C、D中选出能替代句中划线部分的正确答案。
1. Can you take care of his bike?
A. look at B. look for C. look like D. look after
2. Please ring up Anne this evening.
A. telephone B. go and see C. write to D. find
3. They enjoyed themselves in the park yesterday.
A. worked hard B. had a good time C. walked fast D. helped themselves
4. Not everyone likes sandwiches.
A. Someone doesn’t like B. No one likes C. All the people doesn’t like D. Nobody likes
5. You needn’t send for the doctor. I’m very well now.
A. don’t have to B. mustn’t C. aren’t able to D. can’t
1. What ＿＿＿＿＿ he ＿＿＿＿＿(talk) about when the teacher came in?
2. ＿＿＿＿＿ you ＿＿＿＿＿(write) to your parents yet?
3. Who ＿＿＿＿＿(win) the Nobel Prize for physics in 1921?
4. Last term，the children ＿＿＿＿＿＿(take) a study trip to New York.
5. ＿＿＿＿＿ you ever ＿＿＿＿＿ (have) any computer classes?
6. ―Be quiet. Don't ＿＿＿＿＿＿(laugh) now,‖ said the teacher.
7. Yangyang says he ＿＿＿＿＿(become) an inventor when he grows up.
8. He ＿＿＿＿＿(get) his things together at four yesterday afternoon.
9. The boy ＿＿＿＿＿(plan) to spend his summer holidays in Tianjin.
10. Mr Wang ＿＿＿＿＿(do) some exercise on Sundays.
Canada has long and cold winters. But people there are not afraid. Ice and snow are just part of their lives.
In the coldest months，people across the country go to snow festivals. Canadians believe that there is a winter king living in an ice palace. To make the king happy，they make snow sculptures(雕像). Canadians are really good at it! Many young people take a snow bath(雪浴) to show that they are not afraid of the cold. They take off all their clothes，then play and dance in the snow!
Other exciting games are skiing，skating，and snow rafting(雪上橡皮艇). For Canadian kids， making snowmen or rooms out of snow are the most fun things to do. To make a snow room，they ，a lamp will keep the snow room warm.
Sometimes，heavy snow makes travelling difficult. But Canadians don't worry. They have clever and strong Husky dogs. Usually six to eight dogs work together pulling one sled(雪撬). Dog-sledding is also a popular sport. To make travelling through snow faster，Canadians use snowmobiles. They move as fast as cars，but they are only for brave (勇敢的) people.
1. Canadians are good at ____ according to the passage.
A. celebrating snow festivals B. taking snow baths C. playing and dancing in the snow
D. making snow sculptures
2. The underlined(划线的) word scoop means ____.
A. 修建 B. 建造 C. 挖 D. 维修
3. It's interesting for Canadian children to ____.
A. play and dance in the snow B. make snowmen or rooms out of snow
C. go skiing D. go dog-sledding
4. You see that ice and snow sculptures in Canada are ____.
A. just so-so B. very small C. very magnificent(grand) D. made by a winter king
5. The main idea of the passage is that ____.
A. ice and snow are closely linked(联系) to the lives of Canadians
B. Canadians like sports better than any other country
C. Canadians are brave people
D. Canadians take part in all kinds of snow activities during the long cold winter
一. 1. B 2. B 3. A 4. A 5. D 6. C 7. D
二. 1—5 D A B A A
三.. 1. was，talking 2. Have，written 3. won 4. took 5. Have，had
6. laugh 7. will become 8. was getting 9. is planning 10. does
四. 1-5 D C B C A
1. Timmy goes to school ______ every day. It’s 5 minutes’ walk from his home to school.
A. in a bus B. by plane C. on foot D. by boat
2. -- Excuse me，_________ is the nearest bookshop?
-- Go down the street and turn left at the second corner.
A. how B. what C. where D. who
3. Do you know __________ during the coming summer holiday?
A. what will Tom do B. what did Tom do C. what Tom will do D. what Tom did
4. The English novel is quite easy for you. There are __________ new words in it.
A. a little B. little C. a few D. few
5. -- Don’t you think you should paint the wall? -- Who would ________?
A. see B. look C. watch D. notice
6. My clock doesn’t __________. Can you mend it for me?
A. use B. move C. walk D. work
7. Your room looks dirty. Will you please _______ it clean?
A. take B. make C. let D. tidy
8. They _______ to see me yesterday evening.
A. will come B. comes C. are coming D. came
9. Which do you like ________，tea，orange or water?
A. good B. well C. best D. better
10. If it _______ tomorrow，I’ll go by car.
A. rain B. will rain C. rains D. would rain
11. When _____ you ______ to Australia? Next Monday.
A. did，fly B. will，fly C. are，fly D. do，fly
12. We’re moving to a different town ___________.
A. the day before yesterday B. last Sunday C. the day after tomorrow D. a week ago
13. Which team ________ the next football match?
A. wins B. won C. will win D. win
14. Her mother told her _________ in bed.
A. not read B. not to read C. don’t read D. to not read
15. You’d better ________ the cinema by bus.
A. don’t go B. to go C. to go to D. go to
16. -- Which of her parents is a doctor? -- _______ are.
A. Any B. Either C. Both D. Neither
17. Are you _________ your summer holiday next month?
A. going to have B. will have C. had D. have
18. When class began，we stopped ________ to the teacher carefully.
A. listening B. listen C. listens D. to listen
19. I _______ to bed until my granny came back home.
A. didn’t go B. went C. had gone D. have gone
20. She dances better than Mary _______.
A. is B. has C. does D. dance
21. Can you see _________?
A. what he’s reading B. what is he reading C. what does he read D. he reads what
22. A bird can ______ but I can’t.
A. flies B. flying C. flew D. fly
23. This street is much _________ than that one.
A. straight B. straighter C. straightest D. more straighter
24. Look! The monkeys _________ the tree.
A. climb B. are climbing C. is climbing D. were climbing
25. Mary usually _______ up at five o’clock.
A. will get B. got C. get D. gets
二. 完形填空 （共10分，每小题1分） 根据短文内容选择正确答案
Now machines are 26 used all over the world. Why are machines so important and necessary(必要的) us? Because they can A washing machine helps us to wash clothes. A printing machine(印刷机) helps us to print a lot of books，newspapers，magazine and many things . Bicycles，cars，trains and planes are all machines. They help us to travel faster than foot.
The computer is a wonderful machine. It 33 not long ago. It 34 stores information but also computes numbers millions of times as as a scientist does.
Let's study hard and try to use all kinds of machines to build China into a modern country.
26. A. wider B. more wide C. widely D. wide
27. A. with B. of C. for D. to
28. A. be helped B. help C. helping D. to help
29. A. better B. well C. best D. good
30. A. others B. the other C. other D. another
31. A. faster B. quickly C. slowly D. quick
32. A. on B. by C. in D. with
33. A. invents B. is invented C. was invented D. invented
34. A. not at all B. not only C. both D. either
35. A. quick B. fastest C. faster D. fast
Salesman： $73.07，please. Peter： What? Show me the receipt.
Salesman： Here it is.
Peter： Look. The price on this shirt is $17. But the receipt says $27.
Salesman： You are right. The receipt is wrong.
Peter： And what is the $5.57 for?
Salesman： That’s for tax（税）.
36. The $5.57 is for the ___________.
A. tax B. bags C. jacket D. shirt
37. When did Peter do shopping?
A. On June 17. B. At noon. C. On June 25. D. At night.
China has three economic areas(经济区): eastern China，central China，and western China. Shanxi，Gansu，Qinghai，Xinjiang，Ningxia，Sichuan，Chongqing，Yunnan，Guizhou and Tibet are in western China. It covers 5，385，700 square kilometres，making up 56.4% of Chinese territory(国土) and is home to 230 million people. It is 23% of China's population.
The western area is rich in mineral(矿产) and energy resources(能源) (water，coal，sun energy，and wind power). It also has large grassland，ice and snow resources waiting to be developed. It is home to many wild animals and plants，and it gives us with important medicinal resource.
The Chinese leaders have decided to develop the western area. Jiang Zemin said，―Without development of the western area，how can we modernize the whole country，and how can China become an economic power?‖
Since 1949，when the People's Republic of China was founded，it is not the first time for China to develop its western part. China will make its western area a long-term base for economic development and use its rich resources to develop economic power.
38. The territory of western China is _______.
A. as large as that of eastern China B. as large as that of central China
C. as large as that of eastern China and central China D. the largest one of the three areas
39. Do you know why we develop western China?
A. Because the people of western China are rich B. Because it has 230 million people
C. Because it makes up 56.4% of Chinese territory
D. Because we will modernize the whole country
40.An economic power means _____.
A. a rich and strong country B. a large country
C. a country with much more population D. a large country without economic development
41. What is the best advantage(优势) of West China?
A. Its rich resources B. Animals C. Plants D. Its economic power
42. What is the best title for the passage?
A. China-a large country B. Developing Western China
C. Home to wild animals and plants D. Rich Western China
One day James came up to Dick and said，―Look，what I’ve found in Mr. Trotter’s rubbish bin!‖ It was a piece of paper. On it were test questions for history. ―That’s our history paper. I’m sure of it，‖ said James，― It’s in Mr. Trotter’s handwriting.‖ ―Yes，I think so.‖ said Dick. ― I’ll sell the paper for $1 to our classmates.‖ said James. So in the three days he went round the class and sold the ―test paper‖ to his classmates. James felt happy because he got $40. All the students were sure that these questions would be in the test paper. The questions were quite difficult so they had to work hard at preparing them.
The day for the exam came. Mr. Trotter walked into the classroom. ―History test，‖he said and then gave out the test paper. Oh dear! It was different from the paper that James had found. None of the questions were the same. None of the students did well. James had to give all their money back to his classmates. Ever since he has never looked in teachers’rubbish bins again.
43. Who wrote the test questions on the paper?
A. Mr. Trotter. B. James. C. Dick. D. The headmaster.
44. In the end，James got _________ from his classmates.
A. $40 B. $1 C. no money D. some money
45. Which of the following was true?
A. The question in the paper were quite easy.
B. James never sold the test paper to his classmates.
C. The test paper Mr. Trotter gave out was different from the one James had found.
D. Some students did very well in the history exam.
46. The best title for this passage is __________________.
A. History Test B. A Lucky Boy C. A good way to make money
D. The best way to pass an exam
Some people remember the things by writing notes to themselves. Then they leave the notes 69
in obvious(明显的) places，such as on the table or no the floor in the middle of the living room. I don’t think I like to write notes to myself. Most of the time I lose them or forget to look at them until it’s too late. I prefer to use an alarm clock(闹钟) to tell me what I
should do. I have ten alarm clocks in my house. They could tell me about things. For example， if I have to make a telephone call at a certain time，I’ll set an alarm clock to go off a
few minutes early and put the clock by the telephone. Or if I want to watch a certain television programme，I’ll set an alarm clock at the right time and put the clock on top of
the TV set. I can remember almost anything if I use my clocks. However，sometimes an alarm clock goes off and I don’t know what it means. I always remember setting it，but not why I set it. If the clock is by the telephone. I know I may have set it to tell me to call someone， but I can’t be sure. I might have set it to tell myself that somebody was to call me at a
47. Some people like to write notes to themselves so that they can __________.
A. leave them in obvious places B. remember what to do at a certain time
C. watch a certain programme D. make a phone call at a certain time
48. I don’t like to write notes to myself because __________.
A. they are easy to lose or forget to look at B. I don’t know where to put them
C. my handwriting is poor D. it gives me too much trouble
49. I often use _________ to help me remember things.
A. a notebook B. a computer C. telephone calls D. alarm clocks
50. In this passage，―go off‖ means __________.
A. start off B. get off C. go away D. make a sudden noise
I'm very glad you are coming to visit me. Now I will tell you how to get to my 51 . After you get off the at the station, you can a number 8 bus to Yingbin Road. The bus stop is near my home. Or you can take a taxi(出租车) if you like. That's much easier. By the way，it's not very far 54 my home to the beach(海滨). So we can go there 55 every day. I hope you will have a good time here. Write to me soon.
I am Robert Forrest, an engineer. I'm a Canadian. Now I work in a beautiful city in the east of China. I like to be busy and often make my weekends busy and interesting.
Last week I really enjoyed myself very much. On Saturday morning, I got up at 9:00. It was a day. After breakfast, I and . At about 11:30, I got a phone call from my friends, Mike and Kris, so I went to in the afternoon and we went to see a film. After that we had dinner . We talked a lot about our life in China. We all had a good time.
On Sunday morning, I asked my girlfriend, Nancy, to go to the park to see the cherry flowers. She is a teacher in a middle school. The sun was there were many people in the park. Some of them took pictures; some just sat under the trees, talking and laughing. We of the flowers, too. After lunch, we went to the and bought some books, and then we visited the SPACENET BAR. There we sent e-mails to our parents in evening, Nancy went to teach her class and I went home. I watched a football match, but it wasn't very interesting. So I took a bath and went to bed a book at about 9:40. I usually read some books before sleep.
Another 74 and 75 weekend!
六. 看图写作 请根据海报内容，发个E-mail。（电子邮件）给John Brown，邀请他与你一起去观看比赛。要求：语句准确、流畅，内容要点完整，字迹清楚，卷面整洁。词数：40～60个。邮件首句已给出（不计入总词数） 71
参考答案： 一. 1—5 C C C D D 6—10 D B D C C 11—15 B C C B D 16—20 C A D A C 21—25 A D B B D 二. 26. C be widely used―被广泛使用‖。 27. D be important and necessary to sb. ―对某人来说重要而且必须‖。 28. B can后接动词原形。 29. A faster and better ―又快又好‖。 30. C many other things ―很多其他东西‖。 31. B quickly副词，―迅速地‖。 32. A on foot―步行‖。 33. C 过去时态的被动语态结构。 34. B not only...but also ―不仅……而且……‖。 35. D as fast as表示同等级比较。 三. 36. A 37. C 38. D 由第一段中56.4%可知。39. D 由第二、三段可知。 40. A 由第三段可知。41. A 由第二段可知。42. B
60. washed 61. my / some 62. clothes (or: 60. did 61.some 62.washing) 63. visit 64. them 65. together 66. shining 67. brightly 68. took 69. some / many 70. pictures / photo 71. bookshop / bookstore 72. Canada 73. With 74. Busy 75. interesting 六. One possible version
Unit 6 How long have you been collecting shells?
collect marathon skate pair since raise several stamp kite monster
globe anyone store cake particularly collector common extra topic
capital thousand quite certain miss
in fact 其实；实际上 run out of 用完；用尽
by the way 顺便；附带说说 be interested in 对……感兴趣 more than 比……多 make a list of 列清单
thanks for doing sth. 感谢某人做了某事 think of / about sth. 想起某事
1. How long have you been doing…? 2. I’ve been doing…since…
3. How long did sb. do…? 4. He / She did sth. for…
5. What do you collect? 6. When did you start?
7. How many do you have? 8. What do you like to collect in the future?
9. What is the most common/unusual/interesting hobby?
肯定句：主语 + have / has been + doing
(1)I have been learning English for ten years. 我学英语已经十年了。
(2)She has been skating for four hours. 到现在为止她滑冰已经有四个小时了。
(3)I have been collecting stamps since I was ten years old. 我从十岁起就一直在集邮。 在这几个句子中，have和has是助动词，疑问形式需把助动词提前，否定形式在have或has后面加not，have not和has not可以分别缩写成haven’t和hasn’t，如：
(1)Have you been doing your homework since this morning? 从今天早晨起你就一直在写作业吧？
(2)Has he been writing the letters to his friend? 他是一直在给他的朋友写信吗？
(3)I haven’t been seeing films for a long time. 我有很长时间没有看电影了。
I have read a book about birds. （已经读完）
I have been reading a book about birds.（一直都在读，现在还在读，有可能会继续读下去）
(2)两种时态都有延续性， 但现在完成时往往只说明一个事实，一种影响或结果，无感情色彩；现在完成进行时表示一个动作的延续、重复，有时有一定的感情色彩。 如：
She has been singing all the day. 她都唱了一整天了。（抱怨、厌烦）
It was years since l had seen her．自从我见到她(到那时)又过去好几年了。
his just a week since we arrived here．我们到这儿刚好有一周了。
Since he says so，it must be true． 既然他这么说，那一定是真的。
I have lived here since childhood．自小我就住在这儿。
He hasn't been home sincel993．1993年以来他还没有回过家。
He left the city in 1985 and has returned only once since．
(4)构成短语：ever since 从那以后(一直)
long since 很久以前；早已
The movie is on from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. 这个电影在晚上8点到10点上映。 They chatted at the meeting from beginning to end．他们在会议上自始至终都在聊天。
Many things have happened since they came here．自他们来这儿以后，发生了许多事情。 The teacher said that John had made great progress since last semester．
(3)for 是介词，后接名词，可以用来计算持续的时间，表示事情从开始到结束所持续的时间，谓语动词常用过去时或完成时，for与一般现在时连用，表示时间一直持续到将来。 如：
The meeting lasted for hours. 会议持续了几个小时。
I studied the piano for three years. 我学过三年钢琴。
I've known her for five years. 我认识她已经五年了。
How long are you here for? 你在这里要待到什么时候?
3. favorite 作名词，指―最爱的物品‖，favorite也可作形容词，作形容词比较级和最高级形式。
My favorite food is dumpling．我最喜欢的食物是饺子。
The light turned red．I have to stop． 红灯亮了，我不得不停下来。
I get off at the next bus stop．我在下一站下车。
(2)stop作动词，意为―停止‖，常用于stop doing sth.结构中，表示―停止做某事‖，指停止正在做的事。
The students stop talking．学生停止了讲话。(动名词talking作宾语)
(3)stop to do sth. 则表示―停下来去做某事‖，指停止原来的事去做另外一件事。 例如：
The students stop to talk．学生们停下来(开始)讲话。(不定式to talk作目的状语) We should stop to have a rest．我们应该停下来休息一会儿。
(4)stop sb.(from)doing sth. 表示―叫某人停止做某事，阻止某人做某事‖。
What can stop me(my)going? 有什么能阻止我去呢?
Nothing shall stop us from studying．什么都不能阻止我们学习。
5. have to do sth. 表示“不得不做某事”，指客观条件的“不得不”
I have to finish the work by myself． 我不得不自己完成这项工作。
6. run out of… 意为“从……地方跑出来；用光……”
Class is over．The students run out of the classroom． 下课了，学生们从教室里冲了出来。
1. How long have you been in class today?
(1)how long ―多长‖或―多长时间‖。对长度或时间段提问。
-- How long have you learned English? 你学英语多长时间了?
-- For two years. 两年了。
(2)in class 在上课；在课堂上，其反义词为out of class ―在课外‖。
We should read more books out of class. 我们在课外应该多读些书。
I have been in class for one hour. 我上了一个小时的课。
I have seen the film many times．这部电影我已看过多次。(已经非常了解这部电影) ②表示过去某一时间开始一直延续到现在的动作。
I have lived here since 2001．自从2001年以来，我一直住在这儿。(―住‖这动作延续到现在)
--Where is Jim and Mike? 吉姆和迈克在哪儿?
--They have gone to the Great Wall． 他们去游长城了。
2. Alison was the first one to start．艾丽森是第一个开始(滑)的。
(1)―be the first / second…+n. + to do…‖表示―……是第一/ 二个做某事的‖。
He is the last one to leave here. 他是最后—个离开这里的。
She was the first one to get to the school．她是第一个到校的。
3. I'd like to collect stamps because they are interesting．我喜欢集邮，因为它们特别有趣。
(1)would like to do表示―想要做某事‖。
Would you like to come to join my birthday party? 你愿意来参加我的生日晚会吗?
I like collecting all kinds Of Chinese stamps very much．我非常喜欢收集各种中国邮票。
4．Thanks for sending me the snow globe of the monster． 非常感谢您送我怪兽雪花球形玻璃器。
(1)thanks for…相当于thank you for…意为―为……感谢你‖，后多跟名词短语或动名词。 例如：
Thanks for your last letter. 谢谢你的上封来信。
(2)send sb. Sth.相当于send sth. to sb. 表示―送给某人某物‖
He sent me a present for my birthday.
He sent a present to me for my birthday．我过生日他送了我一件礼物。
5. By the way，what's your hobby? 顺便提一下，你的个人爱好是什么?
(1)这是一个特殊疑问句的简单句，by the way在句中作插入语。介词短语by the way意思是―且说，顺便提一下，还有‖，常用来介绍一般性的话题，或在脑子里突然想起的事情。 例如：
We shall expect you，by the way，dinner will be at eight．我们正在等着你，还有晚饭是八点开。 I was reading when the earthquake occurred，by the way，it was ―The Last Day of Pompeii‖．地震发生时我在看书，顺便提一下，我看的是―庞培城的末日‖。
By the way，have you seen her lately? 顺便问一下，你近来见过她吗?
Your hobby is reading． 你的爱好是看书。
One of my hobbies is astronomy． 我的爱好之一是天文学。
Plenty of men are excellent cooks as a hobby． 很多男人菜做得好，只是作为一种爱好。
6．It made me think about differences in food cultures between China and western countries．它使我想起了中国和西方国家在饮食文化方面的差异。
He made the students laugh．他把同学们逗笑了。
The children must be made to clean their own room． 必须叫孩子们打扫自己的房间。 Aunt Li tried to make us stay for supper. 李大婶要留我们吃晚饭。
(2)think about 考虑；回想，想起；认为
think about a plan 考虑一项计划
I always think about her when it snows．每当下雪的时候，我总是想起她。 What do you think about the film last night? 你认为昨晚的电影怎么样?
He was thinking about the time he spent in the army．他正在回想他在部队度过的日子。 We need to think about the plan．我们需要考虑一下这个计划。
There is a fence between his garden and our garden． 在他的花园和我们的花园之间有一道栅栏。
You're to sit between Moira and me． 你坐在莫伊娜和我之间。
(1)each一定数目中的―每一个‖；―个别‖意义较重，表示各有不同，更强调个人或个别。 eg． Each one has his weakness． 每人都有每人的弱点。
(2)every数目不确定的许多人或物中间的―每一个‖；―总合‖意义较重，表示―大家一致‖。 eg． Every one of us is here． 我们都到了。
例如： He shows an interest in music． 他对音乐感兴趣。
What you said interests me． 你的话引起了我的兴趣。
例如： The film is very interesting． 电影非常有趣。
He is an interesting man． 他是一个有趣的人。
(3)interested是由动词interest加-ed构成的形容词。意为―感兴趣的‖，其主语一般是人，常用于be／get／become interested in结构中，表示―对……感兴趣‖。
When he was only a child，he got interested in science．当他还是个孩子时，就对科学产生了兴趣。
3. how long，how often 与 how soon
(1)how long 的意思是―有多长‖，用来提问有多长时间，答语通常是more than two weeks 等表示一段时间的话。
--How long are you going to stay here? 你打算在这里待多久?
--Five days． 5天。
--How long did he live in China? 他在中国住了多长时间?
--More than two years． 两年多。
(2)how often的意思是―多长时间一次‖，用来提问在某一特定的时间内进行某个动作的次数，答语通常是never，sometimes，quite often，usually，three times a year等表示频度的副词或短语。
--How often do you go to the library? 你多长时间去一次图书馆?
--Once a day． 一天一次。
(3)how soon用来询问―需要多长时间能，过多久‖，谓语动词多用终止性动词，即某一动作要花多长时间才能完成或发生，常与将来时连用，答语常用in a week／month／year等。 例如：
--How soon can you finish the work? 你完成那项工作还要多久?
--May be in three days． 大概3天后。
--How soon will he get here? 他到这儿需要多久?
--In half an hour． 半小时。
I have to go now．It's dark． 我必须得走了。天已黑了。
I must go． 我得走了。
(2)must not表示―不许，一定不能‖；don't have to表示―不必‖。
You mustn't go now． 你现在不许走。
You don't have to go so early． 你不必走那么早。
(3)Must I…?的否定回答是No，you needn't．或No，you don't have to．
--Must I stay here now? 我必须留在这吗?
--NO，you needn't．／you don't have to． 不，你不必。
fairly一般指(褒义的)理想的情形，rather一般指(贬义的)不太理想的情形。例如： The weather is fairly fine today．今天的天气相当好。
The weather was rather bad yesterday．昨天的天气相当不好。
It is a fairly easy question．
It is a rather easy question．
1. The flight from Beijing to New York ______ at 9:45 am. on Friday.
A. gets off B. takes off C. puts up D. gets up
2. — ______ have you been living here？ — For ten years.
A. How much B. How many C. How long D. How soon
3. — _______ did you first skate? — Two years ago.
A. When B. What C. Why D. How
4. I have been skating _____ two hours.
A. in B. at C. for D.since
5. Thanks for ____ me the book.
A. gave B. giving C. give D. to give
6. We all helped him with his English so he didn’t _______ with his study.
A. fall off B. fall down C. fall behind D. fall over
7. Mr Green _______ in China since five years ago.
A. lived B. has lived C. lives D. is going to live
8. ＿＿＿ is the meeting going to last? About twenty minutes.
A. How far B. How soon C. How long D. How often
9. What shall we do now? ＿＿＿ for a walk?
A. How's about to go B. What about to go C. How's about going
D. What about going
10. Do you have another way of ＿＿＿ the child?
A. teaching B. to teach C. teaches D. teach
Water is the ―life‖of our earth. It is in every living thing. It is in the air. It runs through mountains and valleys. It forms lakes and oceans. Water is everywhere.
Nature has a great water system(系统). Rainwater finds its way to streams(溪) and rivers. Rivers lead to the ocean. At mouths of rivers， fresh water joins the salt water of the ocean.
Thick water steam in the air becomes clouds and clouds bring us rain. Plants and animal's life depends on water. Where there is water，there is life. We have to clean our streams and rivers and do something against pollution(污染) because pollution does harm to the life.
1. We say water is the ―life‖of our earth because _______.
A. water is in the air B. water can run everywhere
C. there are living things in the water D. where there is water，there is life
2. Which of the following is exactly the same as what the article says?
3. According to(按照) the article， which of the following is correct? A. Water is in every living thing. B. Water is everything. C. Water forms everything. D. Water runs through everything. 4. According to the article， fresh water joins the salt water of the ocean ______. A. in the valleys B. in the mountains C. at mouths of rivers D. at mouths of oceans 5. What does this article say we have to do against pollution? A. Clean the steam. B. Stop air pollution. C. Prevent the fresh water from joining the salt water. D. Clean our streams and rivers.
1. If you want to go from the northwest to City Center，you can take Bus ______.
A. Bus No. 4 B. Bus No. 5 C. Bus No. 3 D. Bus No. 10
2. The First Hospital can be seen in the _____.
A. west B. east C. north D. south
3. You may go boating in ______.
A. Great Lake and the Beihai Park B. Town Supermarket
C. the History Museum D. the Football Club
4. Bank of China is near _____.
A. May Airport B. Teachers' College C. the Public Library D. the Red Star Cinema
5. －How many schools can you find in this map? －________.
A. One B. Two C. Three D. Four
1. Hello，who’s that，please? A. Oh，I’d love to. Thank you.
2. I’m sorry I’m late. B. I like them very much.
3. What’s the date today. C. Yes. It’s on the other side of the street.
4. Would you like to come to supper? D. That’s right.
5. How do you like the pictures? E. This is Mary speaking.
6. It’s a fine day for a walk. F. It doesn’t matter.
7. Excuse me. Could you tell me G. It’s January 15.
the way to the cinema?
Last Saturday morning Mr. Lee left h__(1)__ early to go fishing. Very soon he got to a lake. He s__(2)__ on the side of the lake and began to fish. The sun was shining b__(3)__ over his head. 82
But he was unlucky. When the sun went down， he still hadn't caught any fish， so he felt very s__(4)__. He thought that his wife might l__(5)__ at him because he had caught n__(6)__. How to save his face? He became w__(7)__. Suddenly he got an idea. He ran to the fish m__(8)__ at once and bought t__(9)__ big fish. Then he h__(10)__ back happily，thinking that his wife would say something good to him.
Ⅰ. 1. B 飞机起飞用take off。
2. C 对时间的长短提问用how long。
3. A 根据答语可知是对时间进行提问。
4. C 四个选项都可以引导时间状语，但in一般用于将来时或否定词和最高级形式后面表示一段时间，而且常用于美国英语，at后接时刻，since后接开始时刻，而two hours是表示一段时间，故只能选C。
5. B 题干中的for是介词，后面要求接动名词形式。
6. C 落后的固定用法。
10. A of后接名词或相当于名词的词语。
Ⅱ.. A. 1. D 根据短文第一段―It is in every living thing.‖及第三段中―Plants and animals' life depends on water.‖可以推断出答案为D。
2. D 综合短文第二、三段大自然的循环规律，并根据常识可以判断出答案为D。
3. A 答案可以从对短文第三段―Plants and animals' life depends on water. Where there is water， there is life.‖所叙述的内容，进行归纳概括得出。
4. C 短文第二段最后一句―At mouths of rivers，fresh water joins the salt water of the ocean.‖已提供了明显的信息。
5. D 我们从短文最后一句中―We have to clean our streams and rivers and do something against pollution，‖可以判断出D正确。
B. 1. B 2. B 3. A 4. A 5. A
Ⅳ. 1. E 2. F 3. G 4. A 5. B 6. D 7. C
本题考察的是日常交际用语的运用能力。要求给每个句子配位。在理解各句的句意后，运用日常交际用语在不同场合的应答，就能逐一完成。如本题第一句的―Hello， who’s that， please?‖根据II栏中E项的答语―This is Mary speaking‖可以推断出这里电话用语（请问您是哪位）。再如第四句―Would you like to come to supper?‖（你来吃晚饭好吗？）按照英美人士交际习惯，应该先说表示乐意，并致谢，就不难找到II栏中的a项应答。
Ⅴ. （1）home （2）sat （3）brightly （4）sad/sorry （5）laugh
（6）nothing （7）worried （8）market （9）two （10）hurried
Unit 7 Would you mind turning down the music?
mind dish task clothing poster
solution annoy line return voice
etiquette normal Asian Europe allow
public impolite cough smoke sneeze
criticize drop litter behave perhaps
not at all 一点也不 turn down 调节(收音机等)使音量变小 right away 立刻；马上 wait in line 排队等候
cut in line 插队 keep down 控制
at first 首先 break the rule 不服从；不遵守
put out 熄灭 put on 穿上
pick up 捡起 even if 即使
1. Would you mind doing…? 2. Do you mind doing…?
3. Could / Can / Will / May you please do…? 4. Would you mind not doing…?
5. Not at all. I’ll do it right away. 6. Sorry，I’ll do it right away.
7. Please do / don’t… 8. You’d better do…
1. Would you mind turning down the music?
1. Would you mind…?和Do you mind…? 用于询问或请求别人做某事，或请求他人的许可。
(1)mind后面可以用-ing形式，复合结构 one’s doing或if引导的从句。
Would you mind doing the dishes? ＝ Do you mind doing the dishes？ ＝ Please do the dishes.
Would you mind turning down the radio?
＝ Do you mind turning down the radio? 请把收音机关小点好吗？
(2)Would you mind my doing…? = Do you mind if I do…?
Would you mind my smoking here？
＝ Do you mind if I smoke here? 你介意我在这里吸烟吗？
Would you mind my asking you a question?
＝ Do you mind if I ask you a question? 我问你一个问题好吗？
Would you mind my opening the window?
＝Do you mind my opening the window?
＝ Can I open the window? 我可以开窗吗?
在美国口语中还可以将这个句型用Would you mind me doing sth.？来表达，但是在书面表达中要用my。
Would you mind me using your car? 我用一下你的车好吗？
(3)询问有关人们感觉的一般性问题，可以用Do you mind…?通常不用Would you mind…? 如：
Do you mind people smoking in your house? 你介意别人在你家里吸烟吗?
这里不能说Would you mind people smoking in your house?
(4)这个句型的否定形式是在mind后加not，即Would you mind not…?或Do you mind not…?
Would you mind not playing basketball here? 你不要在这打篮球好吗？
Would you mind not wearing those old jeans?
(5)回答Do／Would you mind…? 提出的问题时，表示允许要说No或Not at all等； 如果介意要做肯定回答Yes. 或Yes，I’m sorry，but I do.等，
--Do you mind if I ask you a question? 我可以问你的一个问题吗?
2. 通常既可用whether 也可用if 表示―是否‖来引导从句，常置于see，ask，learn，tell，wonder，doubt，find out等动词之后。
I'm not sure whether /if I'll have time. 我不敢肯定我是否会有时间。
He asked me whether/if I could help him.
I want to know whether/if he lives there.
Success depends on whether we make enough effort.
(2)在英语中与or (not) 连用的词通常是whether
Whether we help him or not，he will fail. 不论我们帮助他与否， 他都将失败。
Please tell us whether to go or stay here.请告诉我们是走还是留。
They didn’t know whether to agree or keep silent. 他们不知道是应该同意还是保持沉默。
Whether the meeting will be in Beijing is not known yet. 会议是否在北京举行还不得而知。
It's not sure whether he is free. 他是否有时间不确定。
3. get on / get off ( a / the bus，train，boat，plane) 上/下（公共汽车、火车、船、飞机） 如：
She got on / off the bus quickly.
Get on with your work! 继续工作吧！
I get on well with all my classmates. 我和所有的同学相处都很融洽。
She got there at six.
When we got to the station， the bus was waiting.
(2)get sth. done使；受；让人做好；经历；让；做（该做的事）
I'll just get these dishes washed and then I'll come. 我得把盘子洗了，然后就来。 I must get the television fixed. 我必须请人修理一下这台电视机。
I got my feet wet. 我把脚弄湿了。
It's time to get the kids ready for school. 该给孩子们收拾好去上学了。
My hands are getting cold. 我的手冷。
The food's getting cold. 菜凉了。
This skirt is getting dirty；it needs washing. 这件短裙脏了，该洗一洗了。 He is getting old. 他渐渐老了。
I must get some fruit in the market. 我得在市场上买点水果。
I'll get something to eat before I got out. 我出去之前要找点东西吃。
1. — May I help you? You have lots of things to carry.
— Would you mind ______ for me?
A. carrying these books B. carry these books C. to carry these books D. will carry these books 2. — Will you come to the net bars(网吧)with me？ — Sorry．My mother always tells me ____ there． A．not go B．go C．not to go D．to go 3. The old man wondered ____. A．whether the American pilot had seen UFO B．whether had the American pilot seen UFO C．how had the American pilot seen UFO D．that the American pilot had seen UFO 4. _________ he left here? A. Do you think when B. When do you think C. Do you think how long D. How long do you think 5. — We are going to have a picnic tomorrow. What's the weather like，Mike? — Why not ____ the radio and listen to the weather report? A．turn on B．turn off C．take away D．find out 6. — Do you mind if I sit here? — ______. It's for Mr. Brown. A. Not at all B. Never mind C. Better not D. Of course not 7. — Can you write a letter in English? — No，I ____. A．may not B．mustn't C．can't D．needn't 8.―Help ____ to some meat，Mary，‖my aunt said to me. A．themselves B．ourselves C．yourself D．himself 9. He asked ____ they needed some more tea. A．that B．what C．whether D．which 10. Wei Fang is young，but she plays ping-pong ____ her mother. A．as good as B．as well as C．as better as D．as best as 11. Could you ____，please? It's too loud. A．turn down the radio B．turn on the radio C．turn on the TV D．turn it on 二. 选择正确的词组，用其正确形式填空
1. Please ______ the light before you go to bed.
2. The boy ______ very well last night.
3. I was _____ by his bad manners.
4. — Thank you very much — _______.
5. It is quite cold here. You'd better ____ your coat.
Miss Richards was a teacher at a school for boys and girls. She 1 chemistry and physics from the lowest to the highest classes in the . Sometimes the new classes rapidly，but sometimes they were very and then Miss Richard's had to things many times. 87
One year，the first class had been studying chemistry for several 6 when Miss Richards suddenly asked，―What is water? Who knows? up?‖
There was silence (沉默) for a few seconds，and miss Richards felt saddened(难过)，but then one boy 8 his hand.
―Yes，Dick?‖said Miss Richards encouragingly(鼓励地). He was not one of the brightest children in the class，so she was 9 that he could answer.
―Water is a liquid which has no 10 until you wash your hands in it，Miss. Then it turns black，‖the boy replied with great confidence(信心).
1. A．teaches B．teaching C．taught D．teach
2. A．schooling B．school C．schools D．home
3. A．learned B．learning C．had been learned D．were learned
4. A．slow B．being slow C．slowly D．slowest
5. A．repeated B．repeating C．do D．repeat
6. A．years B．minutes C．weeks D．seconds
7. A．Put B．Hands C．Get D．Look
8. A．lows B．ride C．raised D．put
9. A．sad B．glad C．angry D．hungry
10. A．colour B．colourful C．colourless D．with colour
We spent a day in the country and picked a lot of flowers. Our car was full of flowers inside! On the way home we had to stop at traffic lights，and there my wife saw the bookshelf.
It stood outside a furniture（家具）shop.―Buy it，‖she said at once.―We’ll carry it home on the roof-rack（车顶架）. I’ve always wanted one like that.‖
What could I do? Ten minutes later I was twenty dollars poorer，and the bookshelf was tied on to the roof rack. It was tall and narrow，quite heavy too.
As it was getting darker，I drove slowly. Other drivers seemed more polite than usual that evening. The police even stopped traffic to let us through. Carrying furniture was a good idea.
After a time my wife said，―There’s a long line of cars behind. Why don’t they overtake（超车）?‖
Just at that time a police car did overtake. The two officers（警官）inside looked at us seriously when they went past. But then， with a kind smile they asked us to follow their car through the busy traffic. The police car stopped at our village church（教堂）. One of the officers came to me. ―Right，sir，‖he said.―Do you need any more help now?‖
I didn’t quite understand.―Thanks，officer，‖I said.―You’ve been very kind. I live just down the road.‖
He was looking at our things: first at the flowers，then at the bookshelf.―Well，well，‖ he said and laughed. ―It’s a bookshelf you’ve got there! We thought it was——er，something else.‖
My wife began to laugh. Suddenly I understood why the police drove here. I smiled at the officer. ―Yes， it’s a bookshelf，but thanks again.‖ I drove home as fast as I could.
1．From the story we know that ________.
A．the writer was poor and didn’t buy the bookshelf for his wife
B．the writer’s wife didn’t like the bookshelf at all
C．the writer was always glad to buy something for his wife
D．the writer was not very glad to buy the bookshelf for his wife
2．What made the writer think that carrying furniture was ―a good idea‖?
A．He could drive slowly and it was safe.
B．Other drivers would let him go first.
C．His wife could use a new bookshelf.
D．He could save a lot of money and time.
3．Why were the police and other drivers so kind to the writer?
A．Because they thought the writer liked studying very much and needed a bookshelf.
B．Because they didn’t think it was polite to overtake a car with a bookshelf on it.
C．Because they thought somebody in the writer’s family had died and he needed help.
D．Because they thought it was dangerous to carry a bookshelf on a car.
4．Why did the writer’s wife begin to laugh?
A．Because now she knew what mistake the police had made.
B．Because at last her husband understood why the police had driven to the church.
C．Because the officer was always looking at the flowers and the bookshelf.
D．Because the police had helped them a lot.
5．When did the officers begin to realize（意识到）they had made a mistake?
A．Before they arrived at the church.
B．Before they overtook（overtake的过去式）the writer’s car.
C．After one of them looked at the flowers and the bookshelf carefully at the church.
D．After the writer’s family left the church.
1. 不要在床上看书， 这对你的眼睛有害。
Don't read in bed. ______ bad ______ your eyes.
It ______ Mr Hu half an hour ______ have lunch every day.
3. 如果你努力一些， 你就会赶上你的同学们。
If you works harder, you'll ______ with your classmates.
I'm _______to sleep，________ you _________ the music，please?
The ministry of communications wanted the car’s owner to _____ _____ _____ _____. 参考答案：
2. 根据句意可知此题考查动词不定式的否定形式，即tell sb．not to do sth．故此题应选C。
4. 本题要考虑do you think在特殊疑问句中的用法。在含有do you think的特殊疑问句中，do you think常位于疑问词之后，形成―疑问词（做主语或修饰主语）+do you think+谓语……？‖或―疑问词（不做主语或不修饰主语）+do you think+主语+谓语……？‖的结构，也可以用―Do you know+疑问词+谓语……？‖或―Do you know+疑问词+主语+谓语……？‖分别表示上述两个结构的意思，本题可改为：Do you know when he left here? 本题选B。
5. A turn on 打开电视、收音机之类带旋钮的设备。
6. 本题考查的是交际用语。乍一看，应选A、B、D，但是且看下文It's for Mr. Brown.就不难判断，正确答案为C，意为：你最好不要坐在这。
7. C 8. C Mary是一个人，故用yourself。 9. C 10. B well修饰play。11. A 二.
1. put out 2. behaved 3. annoyed 4. Not at all 5. put on
1—5 CBAAD 6—10 CBCBA
1、D 2、B 3、C 4、A 5、C
1. It's，for 2. takes，to 3. catch up 4. trying，Could，turn，down
Unit 8 Why don’t you get her a scarf?
suggestion choose enter advantage receive
besides comment encourage present trendy
special album personal instead mouse
perfect company asleep progress bench
Sweden native nearly
fall asleep 入睡 give away 赠送
rather than 胜于 hear of 听说
suggest v. 提议；建议 take an interest in 对……感兴趣 make friends with 与……交友
1. What should I get for sb…? 2. How about sth./doing sth.?
3. How do you like sth.? 4. What about sth./doing sth.?
5. Why don’t you buy/get…? 6. Why not buy/get…?
7. They’re too expensive/cheap/personal… 8. Great!/Good idea!/OK…. I’ll get/buy…
9. My best gift is… 10. It’s good for sb. to…
11. It can make sb….
1. Why don’t sb. do sth.? 2. How about结构 3. too…to结构
His work is improving slowly. 他的工作提高得很慢。
His health is improving. 他的健康正在好转。
He studies harder to improve his English. 他更加努力提高英语水平了。 This is not good enough. I want to improve it. 这还不够好，我要加以改进。
2. remember v. 记住，记起
I can’t remember your name. 我记不起你的名字。
As far as I can remember，this is the third time we’ve met.
remember doing sth表示―记得做某事‖；动名词doing具有完成的意义
I remember taking (having taken) the medicine at the right time.
remember to do sth表示―记住去做某事‖；不定式to do表示未做的动作
I remember to take the medicine at the right time. 我记住要按照服药。（还没吃）
He is too old to work. 他太老了，不能工作了。
The box is too heavy for the little girl to carry. 这箱子太重，小女孩搬不动。 如在too前面或者后面有否定词not，则整个句子表达肯定。
This question is not too difficult to answer. 这道题不太难回答。
He is too clever not to see that. 他很聪明，不会不懂这一点。
4. spend…on 在…上花（时间或金钱）
He spends a lot of money on books. 他花许多钱买书。
I spend half an hour on my homework every day. 我每天要花费半小时做作业。 I always spend weekends with my family. 我经常和我的家人一起过周末。
spend…(in) doing sth.花(时间或金钱等)做某事。
The government will spend money looking after the patients.政府要花钱去照料那些病人
5. instead 代替，替代
It’s too hot to walk，we’ll go swimming instead. 太热不宜散步，我们改去游泳。 91
The girl stopped watching TV，she danced instead now. 那个女孩不看电视了，而去跳舞了。
He is tired，let me go instead. 他累了，让我替他去吧。
He’ll go to Italy instead of France. 他要去意大利而不去法国。
I’ll go instead of him. 我将代替他去。
He played the whole afternoon instead of doing his homework.
6. touch 触，碰
The branches of the tree touched the water. 树枝碰到了水面。
Visitors are not allowed to touch the exhibits. 参观者请勿触摸展览品。 Don’t touch that pot；it’s very hot. 不要摸那口锅，它很烫。
常用短语：in touch with 有联系；对某事熟悉
lose touch 失去联系，停止联系
out of touch 无联系；生疏
7. native 本地的，本族的，本国的
Chinese is our native language. 汉语是我们的母语。
It’s a native fruit. 这是一种当地产的水果。
one’s native country / land 本国，祖国
native place 出生地
one’s native language 本国语，本族语
8. increase 增加，增大，增多
Travel increases one’s knowledge of the world. 旅游提高一个人对世界的认识。 He increased the size of his farm year by year. 他逐年扩大他的农场规模。
The population of this town has increased by 5 percent. 这个镇的人口已经增长了5%。 常用短语： increase by 增加了……
increase to…… 增加到……
9. support 支持；继续；养活
He has a large family to support. 他有一大家子人要养活。
He was supported home by the man. 他被那个人扶回了家。
There is strong public support for the change. 公众大力支持这一变革。
10. enough 意为―充足，足够‖
enough作副词，可用于修饰形容词、副词、动词等，通常置于被修饰语之后。 I don’t know him well enough to ask him for help. 我和他不够熟悉，不好请他帮忙。 This room is big enough for five of us to live in. 这房间给我们5个人住够大了。 enough还可作形容词，用于修饰可数名词复数或不可数名词，置于名词前或后均可。 Do you have enough time? 你的时间够用吗？
We have money enough to buy the house. 我们有足够的钱买这所房子。
11. take care of 表示―照顾，照料，爱惜‖是及物的动词短语。
During the illness of their mother the children were taken care of by a neighbor. 在孩子们的母亲患病期间，他们由一位邻居照顾。
A good car should last you a long time if you take care of it.
She ought to take care of her health more than she does. 她该比现在更注意健康。
1. Why don’t you do sth.?
Why don't we come more often? 咱们为什么不经常来这里呢?' Why don't you do it this way? 为什么不用这种方法做呢?
Why don't you have another try? 为什么不再试一次呢?
Why don’t you buy a book for your father? 给你爸爸买本书怎么样？ 这个句子还可以写成Why not do…?
Why not get her a camera? 为什么不给她买个相机呢？
Why don’t you have a drink of tea? 请喝茶。= Why not have a drink of tea?
2. How/What about…? 表示―……怎么样/好吗？‖
How about his playing football? 他足球踢得怎么样？
What about swimming with us? 和我们一起游泳怎么样？
How about her English? 她的英语怎样？
3. —When did Joe get it? 乔是什么时候收到的礼物？
—On his sixth birthday. 在他6岁生日时。
(1)on one’s …… birthday 表示―在某人的……岁生日时‖，要用序数词。
On his tenth birthday，his parents gave him a new bike as birthday present. 在他10岁生日那天，他的父母给他买了一辆新的自行车作为生日礼物。
We will have a party on Christmas Day. 圣诞节那天，我们将要举行一个晚会。
4. Is it someone in your family? 是你家里的什么人吗?
--Who is it? 是谁呀?
--It's me，Mary． 是我，玛丽。
--Who is at the door? 谁在门口?
--It's the postman． 是邮递员。(主语是who，身份不明，故用it指代) Mr Smith is at the door．He wants to see you．
5. The movie was boring，I fell asleep half way through it. 这部电影令人厌烦。在放映了一半时我就睡着了。
The book was boring. When he read the book，he felt bored. 这本书很令人厌烦。当他读的时候，觉得很烦。
He is interested in science. 他对科学很感兴趣。
The story is very interesting. 这个故事很有趣。
I was surprised at his answer. 我对他的回答感到吃惊。
The result is surprising. 结果使人吃惊。
When he was reading，he fell asleep. 他看书时睡着了。
6. In the USA，some people ask their families and friends to give money to charity rather than buying them gifts. 在美国，一些人要求他们的家人和朋友把钱捐给慈善机构而不是给他们买礼物。
The teacher asked me to take the books to the classroom 老师让我把书拿到教室里去。
(2)rather than表示―与其……(不如……)，不是……(而是……)‖是连词词组，可在两个并列的成分中选择，也可连接两个谓语、两个表语、两个主语等。当主句有动词不定式，rather than后可接带to的动词不定式或不带to的动词不定式，也可以用动名词形式。
Things fall to the earth rather than go up into the air．东西落到地面上而不是飞向天空。 These shoes are comfortable rather than pretty． 这些鞋子谈不上漂亮但穿起来很舒服。 I rather than you，should do the work． 该做这工作的是我，而不是你。
I think I’ll have a cold drink rather than milk. 我想喝冷饮，不想喝牛奶。
The color seems like yellow rather than green. 这颜色看上去更像黄色而不像绿色。
7. People don’t need to spend too much money.
Do you need any help? 你需要帮助吗？（名词）
I can give you some help. Do you need it? 我可以帮助你，你需要吗？（代词） I need to go right now 你需要现在就走。（不定式）
I needn’t finish that work today. 我今天不必把那项工作做完。
Need you go right now? 你一定得现在走吗？
There is too much time left. 还剩下太多的时间。
8. Later，the same gift may be given away to someone else．
该句为含有情态动词的被动语态。give away表示―赠送，捐赠‖是固定的短语动词。 例如：
He has decided to give all his money away to charity. 他已决定把所有的钱都捐赠给慈善机构。
I've given the books away to a library. 我已经把那些书捐赠给一家图书馆。 Her little boy had cried so heavily when they had given the dog away.
They are giving away free toys when you spend more than $30 in the store.
9. Twenty-four singers from across China recently competed by singing a number of popular English songs．来自全中国的24名歌手最近通过唱若干首流行英语歌曲来比赛。
I did not think she would do any good by coming over. 我认为她过来不会有什么好处。 There is nothing to gain by waiting. 等待将一无所获。
He taught himself to play the violin by practising all night.
(2)a number of表示―许多，大量，若干‖是量词词组，其后只跟可数名词。
The parents were invited to see the program，and a number―people came，too． 父母应邀来看节目，不少人也来了。
There were a number of people out this afternoon． 今天下午许多人出去了。
A number of accidents always occur on such days． 在这种日子里常常有事故发生。
10. If there were new words in a song，I looked them up in the dictionary.
按照英语习惯用法，―查字典‖为look up the words in the dictionary，不说look up the dictionary。另外，look up是―动副‖结构的及物的短语动词，名词作宾语置于副词前后皆可，代词作宾语要置于副词之前。
If you don't know the meaning of a word，look it up in a good dictionary．
You can look up her telephone number in the book．
Will you look up a train for me in the timetable?
11. As you go to your home by the ocean may you never forget those sweet hours that we spent in the Red River Valley and the love we exchanged mid the flowers．当你通过海洋到你家时，祝你永远不会忘记我们一起在红河谷度过的那些甜蜜时光以及我们一起在花丛中交换的爱情。
May you succeed! 祝你成功!
May you be happy! 祝你幸福!
May God bless you! 愿上帝保佑你!
as用作连接词表示时间关系，用来引导时间状语从句，意思也是―当……的时候‖，往往可与when或while通用，但它着重指主句和从句中的动作或事情相并发生。例如： I saw him as he was getting off the bus． 当他下公共汽车时，我看见了他。 As he walked on，he felt himself getting more and more tired. 他继续往前走的时候，感到越来越疲乏。
As the day went on，the weather got worse． 随着时间的推移，天气变得更糟。 I was coming in as he was going out. 我进来时他正出去。
My pen trembles as I write it. 我一边写，笔一边颤抖。
Helen heard the story as she washed. 海伦洗衣服的时候听到这个故事。
As I left the house I remembered the key. 当我们离开房间的时候，我想起了钥匙。
He spends much money on books． 他平时将很多钱用在买书上。
He spent a lot of money（in）buying a new car． 他花很多钱买了一辆新车。
The book cost him one dollar． 这本书用了他一美元。
It costs you 12 pounds to go to London by ship． 乘船到伦敦要用12英镑。
It took me ten minutes to go to the post office． 到邮局用用了我十分钟时间。 96
It takes a lot of money to buy a house as big as that． 买一座像那样的房子要花很多钱。
He paid the taxi and hurried to the station． 他付了出租车的钱，急忙向车站赶去。 They had to pay two hundred francs． 他得付一百法郎。
We'll pay you in a few days． 几天后我会给你钱。
You'll have to pay me ten dollars a week for your meals． 你得每周付给我十美元饭钱。 注意：
下面两句中 pay for的意义不同。
Of course we have to pay for what we buy． 当然我们买东西得付钱。
Don't worry about money；I'll pay for you．别担心钱，我会替你付的。
Some are playing football. Other students (或用代词Others) are watching.
What else can you see in the classroom? 在教室里你还能看见其他的什么东西？
He is taller than any other student in his class.
= He is taller than anybody else in his class. 他比班里的其他学生都要高。 What else can you see?
=What other things can you see? 你还能看见其他东西吗？
I received a letter from my mother. 我收到了母亲的一封信。
We received a warm welcome there. 我们在那里受到了热烈的欢迎。
We received the present，but we did not accept it.我们收到了那份礼物，但没有接受它。 He accepted the invitation with pleasure. 他愉快地接受了邀请。
1. The dictionary __________ me $20.
A. paid B. spent C. took D. cost
2. Mr. Lee was _______ tired that he couldn't keep his eyes _________.
A. too，open B. so，closed C. too，closed D. so，open
3. --May I go now? --No. You _____ let the teacher know first. A. need B. must C. can D. may 4. Mr. Smith ________ an hour on this work. A. spent B. took C. used D. paid 5. --I called you at about half past eight last night，but nobody answered. --Oh，I ____ in my office at that time. A. will work B. was working C. worked D. had worked 6. --Why not come and join us in the game? --____. But I must go to meet Mr Smith at the airport. A. I'd like to B. Let's go C. Yes，please D. It's a pleasure 7. --Would you like some tea? --Yes. Just ____. A. little B. a little C. few D. a few 8. The teacher tells the students ____ in class. A. don't make faces B. not make faces C. not to make faces D. to not make faces 9. --I have finished my homework. --When ____ you ____ it? A. have；finished B. do；finish C. will；finish D. did；finish 10. What ____ good idea it is! A. a B. an C. the D. 不填 二. 根据下列各句的意思和汉语或首字母提示，写出该单词。 1. Mr Li told his little son to answer teachers' questions ____(有礼貌). 2. It's ____(危险) to swim alone in the river. 3. --I want to report a traffic ____(事故). --Yes，go ahead. 4. --I thought I'd buy James a new bike for his birthday. --That's a ____(精彩) idea. 5. Harbin is in the ____(东北) of China. 6. Susan couldn't catch up with her classmates w____ your help. 7. When they h____ to the cinema，the film had been on for half an hour. 8. She sat at the desk and smiled q____ at me. 三. 根据所给的词写句子。 1. enjoyed I class this year really Ms Martinez's ________________________________________________________. 2. Anna's next birthday week It's ________________________________________________________. 3. don't her soccer ball why get you a ________________________________________________________? 4. gift countries different is different in giving ________________________________________________________. 5. will the China be for host Olympics the 2008 98
1. How long does the art show last?
A. One day. B. Two days. C. Three days. D. Four days.
2. The students have the school meeting ____ in May.
A. four times B. three times C. twice D. once
3. We can see that the students will have exams from _____ to__________.
A. May 1…May 5 B. May 10…12 C. May 22…May 27 D. May 8…May 11
4. From the above chart(图表) we can see that there are two ____ groups in this school.
A. sports B. art C. science D. language
For many of us，the idea of a family is a lot narrower than it used to be. Today children go away to college，and take up jobs wherever chances seem greatest. So instead of growing up in a 99
family with grandparents，aunts，uncles and cousins，many of us are truly connected only to our parents and brothers.
Many kids today know little of the lives of their relatives and don't care deeply about them. Whether we realize it or not，this feeling of being disconnected makes people feel a kind of lonely. ―People need to feel connected，‖says Joy Browne，a doctor in the U.S. ―And they will do it in the easiest ways.‖When family members aren't connected，what could be easier than forming(形成) a connection to famous people?
This isn't something unusual，of course. People cried when Mei Yanfang died in 2003. It's natural and in most ways harmless to feel that way. But that's unhealthy，because these relationships(关系) aren't two-way.
For that，we need to stay connected to our own families. Parents can help by telling their children stories about their grandparents，aunts and cousins，and by telling them the children's latest activities and interests.
We can use technology to keep connected with each other. It's easy to send e-mails to granddad Better yet，take a vacation with members of your relatives--not with any other person. A week or so of relaxing vacation can be a great way to tie up family ties. And when a bad thing happens，no one can be as helpful as your relatives. Because no matter how much we cry for the famous people，they can't be there to cry for us.
5. Which of the following does the writer seem to tell us?
A. People should love famous people better than they love their relatives.
B. We should always take vacations with our own family members.
C. The idea of a family should stay the same.
D. The feeling of love should be two-way.
6. The writer talks about technology here to _______.
A. tell us the way to improve family relationship
B. encourage us to tell others what is happening
C. let us know something new about science
D. teach us how to send an e-mail
7. The reason why people feel lonely is that ___________.
A. the famous people don't cry for them
B. people want better jobs and good schooling
C. people aren't as closely connected as before
D. kids today know little about their relatives
8. What does the writer write this passage for?
A. To keep families from breaking.
B. To tell us to care more about each other.
C. To be as helpful as we can.
D. To advise families to keep closely connected.
Bob is 1 American boy. He studies in a high school in Washington. He is fourteen years old and he is in Grade 8 now.
Bob was born 2 1991 in New York. He started school at the age of six. He studied in a primary school in New York for six years 3 he moved to Washington 4 his family. He 5 in this high school for about two years. Bob’s favourite subject is biology and he is
6 in Chinese herbs. He wishes 7 to China 8 Chinese medicine 9 he finished high school. He wants to a doctor of Chinese medicine.
1. A. a B. an C. the D. \
2. A. in B. on C. at D. for
3. A. after B. when C. before D. until
4. A. and B. or C. but D. with
5. A. studies B. studied C. has studied D. is studying
6. A. interested B. interesting C. interest D. interests
7. A. come B. to come C. coming D. comes
8. A. study B. studying C. studies D. to study
9. A. when B. after C. before D. until
10. A. is B. be C. becomes D. are
1. D cost侧重花费的代价。
2. D 根据题意应是太累了，睁不开眼睛，选B，C不合题意，选A不符合so+形容词/副词+that+从句的句型。
4. A spend...on sth. 在某物上花费时间、金钱。
5. B ―昨晚八点‖是过去的具体时刻，那一时刻―我正在办公室工作‖，所以用过去进行时。A，C与D三项均不合题意，所以选B正确。
7. B tea为不可数名词。
8. C tell sb (not) to do sth.
1. politely 2. dangerous 3. accident 4. wonderful 5. northeast
6. without 7. hurried 8. quietly
1. I really enjoyed Ms Martinez's class this year.
2. It's Anna's birthday next week.
3. Why don't you get her a soccer ball?
4. Gift giving is different in different countries.
5. China will be the host for the 2008 Olympics.
1. B 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. D 6. A 7. C 8. D
1－10 BACDC ABDBB
Unit 9 Have you ever been to an amusement park?
neither amusement discover especially attendant travel population character
fear type awake environment temperature theme attraction route board cruise boat southeast quarter brave excellent natural whenever season dark
have a great time 玩的愉快
take a ride 兜风
end up 结束
on board 在船（飞机、火车）上
exchange student 交换生
take a holiday 休假；度假
three quarters 四分之三
all year round 一年到头；终年
have…problem(in) doing sth. 做某事遇到问题
be close to 接近，靠近
think of/about doing sth. 考虑或打算做某事
argue with sb. 与人争吵
1. —Have you ever been to…?
—Yes，I have. /No，I haven’t.
2. I/He/She has / have never been to…
3. Where have you been?
4. Where do you want to go?
5. How long have you been doing…?
6. What do you like best about doing sth.?
7. What kind of job do you want?
8. How do/did you do sth.?
9. How do you spell your name?
The car has arrived. 车子来了。（结果：车子已在门口）
Someone has broken the window. 有人把窗户打破了。（结果：窗户仍破着） 现在完成时句子通常有recently，lately，since，for，in the past few months/years等词做时间状语。
肯定形式：have/has + done
否定形式：have/has + not +done
He has gone to London. (说话人认为他不在该地)
He has been to London. （说话人认为他在该地）
2）现在完成时所表示的动作开始于过去，持续到现在，也许还会持续下去。常用for和since表示一段时间的状语或so far，now，today，this week (month，year)等表示包括现在时间在内的状语。
He has studied English for 5 years.
He has studied English since 2001.
Now I have finished the work.
I’ll go to your home when I have finished my homework.
If it has stopped snowing in the morning，we will go to the park.
This is a record of school attendance. 这是一份学生考勤记录。
He kept a record of what the speaker sail. 他把说话人所说的话都记录了下来。
He has an honorable record of service. 他有光荣的服务记录。
The tape recorder has recorded his voice 录音机已经录下了他的声音。
Listen to the speaker carefully and record what he says. 仔细听讲，然后记下他所说的话。
2. have been to表示―到(去)过某处‖，现在已不在那个地方。
He has been to England． 他曾到过英国。(现在已经不在英国了)
Have you ever been to the Great Wall？ 你到过长城吗?（现在已经不在长城上） have gone to表示―去了某处‖，―到某处去了‖，现在已不在说话的地点了。 如：
He has gone to England。
n. [U] 时间，时候
Time never stands still. 时间不会停滞不前。
The time has come for us to speak out. 是我们大胆讲话的时候了。 n. [C] 一段时间，时刻
You have taken a long time writing the letter. 你用了很长时间写这封信。 We had a good time together. 我们一起度过了愉快的时光。
He is one of the best actors in modern times. 他是现代最好的演员之一。 In Shakespeare’s time there were no actresses on the English stage.
This is the first time that I have ever been abroad. 这真是我第一次出国。 Your room is three times the size of mine. 你的房间是我的三倍大。 注意：
The noise attracted his attention. 喧嚷声引起了他的注意。
(2)attract常用于be attracted to sb / sth结构，意为―喜爱某人或某物‖。
I’m very attracted to her. 我非常喜欢她。
They discovered him stealing public property. 他们发现他盗窃公共财产。 Who discovered the America? 谁发现了美洲？
I soon discovered the truth. 不久我便知道了真相。
6. one…the other表示―(两者中的)一个……另一个‖，该短语是代词短语，强调两个当中的一个……另一个……。注意其基数必须是两个。
I have two sister. One is a doctor, and the other is a teacher. 我有两个姐姐，一个是医生，一个是老师。
Hold it in this hand，not the other. 用这只手握着，不要用那只手。
7. for example表示―例如……‖，该短语常用在句中作插入语，用于举例说明情况，可放在句首、句中或句末，但常用逗号与正文隔开。常置于句首。
We feed many animals，for example，cows，pigs，dogs，horses etc.
For example，Jack Booth，a 21-year-old man，gave up his job in San Francisco Library a year ago.
For example，I know the film star Zhang Ziyi. 譬如，我认识电影明星章子怡。
What does this word mean? 这个单词是什么意思？
The teacher meant that you must listen carefully in class.
What he said means sending you to the hospital. 他说的话得意思着要送你去医院。
I don’t mean to hurt you. 我并无意伤害你。
What do you mean to do next? 你下一步打算做什么？
(1)own意为―自己的，特有的‖，常与名词所有格连用，起加强语气的作用。 It’s nice if I can have my own room. 我要是能有自己的房间就好了。
Those books belong to the library but this is my own.
We don’t rent our house; we own it. 我们的房子不是租的，是我们自己的。
He owned to have done it. 他承认曾经干过这件事。
10. ask for表示―要求，请求‖。
Bill did a lot for me without asking for any reward比尔为我做了许多事，没要任何报酬。 Don't serve water at meals unless someone asks for it.除非有人要，就餐时不要端水上去。 I've asked for an interview with the manager. 我已请求与经理见面。
If you get into difficulties，don't hesitate to ask for advice.
If I had asked for direction，I wouldn't have lost my way.
1．——Have you ever been to a water park? 你曾去过水上公园吗？ ——No，I haven’t. 不，没去过。
(1)have been to表示某人―去过某地，现在已经回来了‖，可用于各种人称。
I have been to the Summer Palace. 我去过颐和园。
Have you ever been to Shanghai? 你曾经去过上海吗？
I have never been to the city. 我从没去过那座城市。
Have you ever been to Paris? 你曾去过巴黎吗?
We hardly ever go out at night. 我们晚上很少出去。
(3)本句中Me，neither. 是口语化的简略回答。一般情况下用Neither have I，为―neither + 系/助/情态动词+主语‖结构，neither在此意为―也不……‖，表示主语所做的动作与前面提到过的人或事相同，是为了避免语言重复，其中的系/助/情态动词在时态上与前一句保持一致，而在数上要与其后的主语一致。例如：
— I can’t swim. 我不会游泳。 — Neither can I. 我也不会。
I don’t want to go, neither will I. 我不想去，也不会去。
He didn’t go to school. Neither did she. 他没去上学，她也没去。
I am a student，so is my sister. 我是学生，我妹妹也是学生。
He can swim，so can I. 他会游泳，我也会。
I feel happy，so does he. 我高兴，他也高兴。
2. All the houses look like houses in Holland.
He looks so much like his brother that people often mistake them for each other. 他和他弟弟十分相像，人们常错认他们。
These houses look exactly like each other，which makes the street look very dull. 这些房屋一模一样，使这条街显得单调乏味。
3. Most of us have probably heard of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and many other famous Disney characters. 我们大部分人可能都听说过米老鼠、唐老鸭还有其他许多有名的迪士尼人物。
They have never heard of that. 他们从未听说过那件事。
I heard our Chinese teacher was ill. 我听说我们的语文教师病了。
He will probably succeed. 他很可能会成功。
4. I want to study in an English-speaking country. 我想到一个说英语的国家深造。
(1)want to do sth 意为―想要做某事‖。
Did you want to tell me something? 你想告诉我些什么吗？
5. I've never been to an amusement park like it before. 我以前从未去过那样的露天游乐场。
(1)副词never作―永不，决不‖解，表示全部否定，一般指经常性的状态，不用于修饰一次性的具体动作；一般位于系动词及助动词之后，实义动词之前，如修饰动词不定式或分词，则要放在不定式或分词之前；never可用于句首加强语气，其后的句子要主谓倒装。 I can never understand why Mary said nothing about her wrongs.
I hope never to see him again． 我希望再也不要见到他。
He is never late for class． 他上课从不迟到。
Never have l seen such a strange person． 我从来没看见过这样的怪人。
We saw that film before. 那部电影我们以前看过。
I have never seen such a beautiful scene. 我从来没有见过这样美丽的景象。 It came across my mind that l had met him somewhere before.
6. Here's what two of our students said about our school.
What he said is true． 他所说的是真的。
What l need most is your help． 我最需要的是你的帮助。
What we need badly are more teachers． 我们急需的是更多的老师。
(2)副词here置于句首要用倒装语序，主语为代词部分倒装，主语为名词全部倒装。 Here it is. 给你。
Here is a letter for you. 这是给你的来信。
Here comes the bus! 汽车来了!
Here's the book you're looking for. 这就是你正在找的书。
Here he comes! 他来了!
7. It was because I could speak English that I got the job.
It was my father who／that did the experiment in the lab yesterday evening.
It was at the gate of the school I met Tom. 正是在校门口我见到汤姆。 It was last week that l attended an art exhibition for the first time.
It was not until he broke my favorite vase that l flew into rages.
It was because he was ill that he didn't come to the school yesterday.
1. hear，hear of与hear from
(1)hear为及物动词，意为―听见，听到‖，后可跟复合宾语，hear sb do sth表示―听见某人做了某事‖或hear sb doing sth表示―听见某人正做某事‖。
We listened but could hear nothing. 我们留心听，却什么也没有听见。 I heard her singing in her room. 我听见她正在房间里唱歌。
I heard that he was ill. 我听说他病了。
I heard that it’s a good film. 我听说那是部好影片。
I’ve never heard of that place. 我从未听说过那个地方。
Have you ever heard of that story? 你听说过那个故事吗？
How often do you hear from your sister? 你多长时间收到你姐姐的一次信？ I heard from him last week. 我上周收到他的信。
2. find，find out与look for都含有―寻找，找到‖的意思，但其含义和用法却不同。
Will you find me a pen? 你替我找支钢笔好吗？
He didn’t find his bike. 他没找到他的自行车。
I don’t find my pen；I’m looking for it everywhere. 我没有找到我的钢笔，我正到处找。 He is looking for his shoes. 他在找他的鞋子。
(3)find out意为―找出，发现，查明‖，多指通过调查、询问、打听、研究之后―搞清楚，弄明白‖，通常含有―经过困难曲折‖的含义，指找出较难找到的、无形的、抽象的东西。 Please find out when the train leaves. 请查一下火车什么时候离站。 Read this passage，and find out the answer to this question.
When I arrived, he was already there. 我到达时，他已在那儿了。
Is it six o’clock already? 已经到6点钟了吗？
She still doesn’t understand. 她仍然不明白。
The soldier stood there still. 那位士兵站在那一动不动。
We have not yet been there. 我们还没有到过那儿。
4. other，others，the other，the others，another，any other，any others
(1)other作形容词，通常用在单数或复数名词的前面，意为―别的；其他的；另外的‖。 I'll come again some other day. 我改日再来。
The students of Class Four are cleaning the classroom. Some are carrying water，others are sweeping the floor. 四班的学生们在打扫教室。一些人在打水，另一些人在扫地。
I have two brothers. One is a doctor，and the other is a teacher.
(4)the others(=the other+复数名词)指一定范围内除去一个或一部分后，―余下的人或物的全部‖。
This composition is better than the others. 这篇作文比其他那些都好。
(5)another泛指不定数中（三者或三者以上）的―另一个‖。another前面不能用定冠词the，它作为限定词（定语）通常与单数名词连用，但是它后面可以跟few或基数词的复数名词。 This glass is broken，get me another please. 这只玻璃杯坏了，请给我再拿一个。 I'll stay here in another few days. 我要在这儿再呆几天。
I wrote another two letters this afternoon.
=I wrote two other letters this afternoon.
=I wrote two more letters this afternoon.
(6)any other 表示一个之外的其它任何一个，而不是两个之中的另一个。
(7)any others 表示一些之外的其他一些。
1. It ___________ that he has been ill for a long time.
A. seems B. looks C. looks as if D. seems as if
2. - Can you come on Monday or Tuesday? - I'm afraid ____ day is possible.
A. either B. neither C. some D. any
3. Rose ____ an old friend of ____ when she was walking along the street.
A. met；her B. saw；her C. met；hers D. saw；herself
4. - ____ have you done with your mobile phone? - I've ____ someone to mend it.
A. What；asked B. How；told C. What；hoped D. How；wanted
5. The question ____ by us soon.
A. is going to discuss B. will discuss C. is going to be discussed
D. has been discussed
6. A lot of tall buildings _____ in his hometown in the last three years.
A. have set up B. have been set up C. were set up D. set up
7. Great changes ____ place. Many new schools ____.
A. have taken，have been opened B. take，are open C. are taken，open
D. have been taken，are opened
8. I’ll go to meet you，if I _______________ free then.
A. will be B. would be C. am D. was
9. This shirt is so nice，but it _________ too much.
A. pays B. costs C. takes D. spends
10. Where were you __________________?
A. an hour ago B. before an hour C. at times D. an hour before
11. This pair of trousers is too big. I want _____ pair.
A. other B. the other C. others D. another
Mrs. Black lived in a town. Her husband had a few shops there and they wore nice clothes and ate the best food. She had some servants(佣人) and never did anything at home. In the evening she often watched TV and went to bed late at night. She never took any exercise. And she was getting fatter and fatter. It worried her and she had to see a doctor one day. The doctor looked her over carefully and said，―I'm sorry，madam. Nobody can help you! I'm sure you'll die in a month!‖ Hearing this，the woman was very sad. She got home and ate or drank nothing. She cried and cried and couldn't sleep at night. Nobody could comfort(安慰) her，and she didn't listen to them and refused to see the other doctors. And a month later she didn't feel well but didn't die. She became angry and went to the doctor's again.
―You said I was going to die，didn't you?‖said the woman.
―Yes，madam.‖answered the doctor.
―You were wrong，sir! Look! I'm here again!‖
―But I cured(治愈) you，‖said the doctor. ―Aren't you thinner now?‖
1. Mrs. Black did nothing at home because _________.
A. she was very busy B. the servants did all for her
C. she often felt unwell D. her husband did all instead
2. Which of the following is wrong? Mrs. Black got fatter because ________.
A. she wore the nice clothes B. she ate the best food
C. she never took any exercise D. she never did anything at home
3. The word ―die‖in the story means _________.
A. 渴望 B. 被遗忘 C. 死 D. 殉职
4. Mrs. Black was sad because ________.
A. she was often tired B. she always wanted to rest
C. she couldn't be thinner D. she believed(相信) the doctor
5. ________，so she was thinner.
A. The doctor helped Mrs. Black
B. Mrs. Black thought she shouldn't eat or drink and she did it
C. Mrs. Black refused to see the other doctors
D. Nobody could comfort Mrs. Black
There are many words in the English language. You will never 1 the meaning of every word in English. When you read，you will often find many 2 you do not know. You will not have enough time to reading and try to find every new word in a dictionary.
Sometimes you can 4 a new word because you know some of the parts of the new word. For example，if a word ends the letters ―er‖，that word be the name of a or a thing that does a certain action（某个动作）. A writer is a person who writes. it is not 9 to know the parts of a new word to understand it， 10 it will help you many times.
1、A．know B．learn C．find D．look up
2、A．books B．letters C．stories D．words
3、A．stop B．enjoy C．keep D．start
4、A．find B．get C．study D．guess
5、A．in B．off C．up D．with
6、A．can B．might C．should D．must
7、A．friend B．boy C．person D．girl
8、A．Then B．Now C．Yet D．Sometimes
9、A．helpful B．useful C．enough D．good
10、A．but B．and C．so D．for
四. 根据对话内容，选择方框中适当的句子，使对话完整. 通顺.
Lin Tao: Hi，Sam! How are you today?
Sam: ___1___ What about you?
Lin Tao: I'm OK! Are you free tomorrow?
Lin Tao: We're going to have a swim.
Sam: ___3___ Can I come?
Lin Tao: Sure! Jim's coming， too.
Lin Tao: We are going to meet outside the school gate ，at two o'clock
Sam: OK. ___5___
B. How much is it?
C. Where are you going to meet?
D. Yes. Why?
F. Good idea!
1. A it seems that
2. B afraid暗示应该是哪天都不行，应该选否定意义的neither。
3. C hers是名词性物主代词。
4. A ask sb to do sth. 要求某人做某事。
5. C 注意用被动形式，问题应该是被讨论。
9. B。―这件衬衣很棒，但是太贵‖。pay和spend主语应是人，排除A，D。It takes/ took sb. time to do sth. ―花了某人多少时间做某事‖，根据上下文，题干中的it指―衬衣‖，不会表示为―衬衣花多少时间‖，排除C。sth. costs /cost (sb.) money―某物花了（某人）多少钱‖，题干部分应理解为―衬衣要花费太多的钱‖，选B正确。
1．B 2．A 3．C 4．D 5．A
1—5 ADADD 6—10 BCDCA
这是一篇讲关于如何去猜测你所不认识的英文单词。空1比较容易做出来，应该是―你不可能知道每个单词的意思‖，应该选A。顺着这个思路，空2应该选D。空3考查的是stop doing sth.（停止做某事）结构，答案选A。通读文章，会发现第二段开始讲如何猜测你不认识的单词词义，故空4选D。空5应该填入介词with， 意思是―以…结尾‖。空6表示一种猜测的语气，因此选择B。根据我们平时所积累的英语知识，以―er‖结尾的名词很多都是表示做这个动作的人或物，因此空7选C。把文章最后一句话反复读几遍，能寻找出最后三个空的内在关系，即作者想说的是：尽管有时候光靠一个词的部分意思还不足以完全理解这个词，但是这种方法在很多时候还是很有用的。因此空8、9、10的答案分别是D，C，A。
四. 1---5 ADFCE
Unit 10 It's a nice day，isn't it?
cost cross low sandy slow somewhere review traffic note holiday elevator
bookstore umbrella noon
look through 浏览
get along 相信
at least 少
be careful 小心；当心
hate doing sth. 讨厌做某事
tell sb. about sth. 告诉某人关于某事
1. It’s a nice day，isn’t it? 2. What a nice day，isn’t it?
3. It looks like rain，doesn’t? 4. I hope so / not. 5. So do I.
Mary likes reading，doesn’t she？ 玛丽喜欢读书，是吧？
Mary doesn’t like reading，does she？ 玛丽不喜欢读书，是吧？
You’re a new student，aren’t you？ 你是新来的学生，对吧？
You aren’t a new student，are you？ 你不是新来的，对吧？
You haven’t seen that film，have you？ 你没有看过那部电影，是吗？ He can swim，can’t he？ 他会游泳，对吗？
You have no time on Monday，have you？ 星期一你没有时间，是吗？ He has never been to Shanghai，has he？ 他从没去过上海，对吗？
They can hardly imagine how beautiful she is，can they？ 他们很难想象出她是多么漂亮，是吗？
3. 陈述句部分是there be句型时，简短问句部分也用there be。
There are some people in the room，aren’t there？ 屋里有人，是吗？
4. 在英语口语中，I am后面的简短问句用aren't I？
I’m late，aren’t I？ 我迟到了，是吗？
Everything goes well，doesn’t it？ 一切顺利，是吗？
Everyone is here，aren’t they？ (注意：此句问句与前句动词的数不一致。)
6. 祈使句后面的简短问句使用 will you？won’t you？would you？can you？can’t you？ would you？ shall we？它们不是真正的疑问句(意为请)，但常用升调。won't用于邀请；will，would，can，can’t及shall we用来告诉人们该做什么事，表请求。
Do sit down，won’t you？ 您请坐。
Give me a pen，will you？ 请给我一支笔。
Open the door，would you？ 请打开门好吗？
Let’s go together，shall we？ 咱们一起走吧。
7. 在 I think，I believe，I suppose，I guess等结构中，简短问句的主语往往与从句的主谓保持一致，
I think she’s out，isn’t she？ 我想她出去了，是吗？
I don’t believe it’s true，is it？ 我认为那不是真的，对吗？
This isn’t yours，is it? 这不是你的，是吗？
Yes，it is. 不，是我的。
No，it isn’t. 对，不是我的。
1. last 持续，为延续性动词，可与一段时间及How long 连用
America Civil War lasted for four years. 美国内战持续了四年。
Our holidays lasted for ten days. 我们休了十天假。
2. always 频度副词，意思是：永远，一直，总是
(1)always，usually，often，sometimes，hardly ever和never是频度副词，与疑问词how often对应。它在句中位于实义动词之前，情态动词(may，can，would，could等)、助动词(do，did，does，have，had等)、连系动词(be)之后。
He is always wearing that blue shirt. 他总是穿着那件蓝色的衬衣。
I always think of her in that dress. 我总是想起她穿着那件连衣裙的样子。
The boy is always telling lies. 这孩子总是说谎。(表示生气)
He is always talking to his father like that 他老是那样和他父亲说话。(表示不满)
I am not alone in this opinion. 不只是我一个有这想法。
He alone knows the secret. 只有他一人知道秘密。
She lived alone. 她独居。
The key alone will open the door. 只有这把钥匙能开这个门。
He did it all alone. 这事是他一个人干的。
They crossed the road. 他们过了马路。
We crossed each other on the way. 我们在途中错过了。
Let us walk along. 让我们往前走。
I took my brother along.
We walked along the river. 我们沿着河走。
6. feel like表示―感觉是，似乎‖
What’s this in my pocket? It feels like a nut.
feel like后可接doing sth，表示―喜欢(愿意)做某事‖。
I feel like staying at home to the weekends. 我喜欢周末待在家里。
I think everyone enjoyed your wonderful party 我想所有的人都非常欣赏你们的精彩晚会。
enjoy doing表示―喜欢，乐意做某事‖，指从某件事中享受到乐趣。例如： I enjoy listening to music. 我很喜欢听音乐。
8. be good at表示―擅长，在……方面做得好‖，at后面跟名词、代词或动名词。 He is good at swimming. 他擅长游泳。
What subjects are you good at? 你擅长哪些科目？
She is good at math. 她擅长数学。
He is good at singing. 他擅长唱歌。
近义词组：do well in，更强调一次性做得好。
You did well in the Chinese exam.
The students are cleaning the classroom. 学生们在打扫教室。
Please keep the classroom clean and tidy. 请保持教室干净整齐。
1. He sure is!
It sure was a cold day. 的确是个冷天。
——Are you going? 你去吗？
be sure of表示―对……有把握，肯定……‖。
I’m sure of his coming. 我确信他能来。
be sure that… 表示―确定，确信……‖。
I’m sure that he will come. 我确信他能来。
2. It looks like rain，doesn’t it? 看起来要下雨了，不是吗？
It’s a fine day today. 今天天气很好。
It’s seven o’clock. 现在7点了。
It’s two kilometers away from my home to school. 从我家到学校有2千米远。
She looks very sad. 她看上去很伤心。
You look very happy today. 今天你看上去很高兴。
3. Do you think it’ll stop by noon? 你认为到中午雨会停吗？
Do you think she can carry the box? 你认为她能搬动这个箱子吗？
(2)by表示时间，指―在……前，不迟于，到……时(为止)‖，相当于before。 Can you finish your work by 6 pm? 下午6点前你们能完成工作吗？
By the time we got there，the bus had already gone. 当我们到达那儿时，公共汽车已经走了。
by phone 用电话
by bus 乘公共汽车
I sit by the window. 我坐在窗子旁。
4. I hope the bus comes soon. 我希望公共汽车很快就来。
I want to get your letter soon. 我想尽快收到你的来信。
The winter comes soon. 冬天马上就要来了。
I hope to hear from you soon. 我希望不久收到你的来信。
I hope it will be fine tomorrow. 我希望明天是好天气。
5. Thank you so much for inviting me. 非常感谢你邀请我。
(1)这是对别人提出邀请的礼貌答语。thanks for后接名词或动名词形式，用for引起要表示致谢的原因，表示―因为……而感谢你‖。表示感谢最简单最常用的方式是说Thank you或Thanks(这是更随便的说法)。
Thank you for telling me. 谢谢你告诉我。
Thank you for a delicious lunch. 谢谢你的美味午餐。
Thank you for giving me so much help. 谢谢你给了我如此多的帮助。 Thanks for your help. 谢谢你的帮助。
(2)invite作及物动词，后常跟―人‖，也常与to连用，表示―邀请某人去……‖。 She invited us to her party.
如果你当面邀请人，不可用invite，需用would you like来表达。例如：
Would you like to come to the party? 你们愿意来参加聚会吗？
6. I’m going to ask my cousin，Tommy，to go with me.我打算要我的表兄汤米和我一起去。
(1)Tommy在本句中作my cousin的同位语，是对my cousin的补充说明。
My sister，Jane，is a student. 我妹妹，简，是一名学生。
(2)to go在这里是ask的宾语补足语，即ask sb to do sth，表示―要求某人做某事。‖例如： My boss asked me to finish the work before six o’clock.
He always asks me to help him with his homework. 他经常让我帮助他做作业。
I am going to the park with my mother.
= My mother and I are going to the park. 我打算和妈妈一起去公园。 I spend a good time with my students. 我和学生们共度美好时光。
7. He said he'd help me with my math project． 他说他将帮助我做数学作业。
I knew you would agree. 我知道你会同意的。
I said l would arrange everything. 我说我要安排一切。
He told me he would wait for me outside. 他告诉我他将在外边等我。
I asked if he would come and mend my television set. 我问他可否来修我的电视机。
(2)help sb. with sth.是固定搭配。
May I help you with your luggage? 我帮你拿行李好吗?
Let me help you off with your coat. 我来帮你脱上衣。
Please help me up with this heavy box. 请帮我把这个大箱子抬上去。
In their geography class，the children are doing a special project on North American Indians. 在地理课上，孩子们正在做一个有关北美印第安人的特别作业。
I did my physics project with my classmates in my house yesterday evening.
8. Paul and I are good friends. We get along well because we both like sports.
(1)both表示―(两者)都‖，在句中常用在系/助/情态动词之后，行为动词之前。 We are both tall. 我们俩都很高。
They are both boys. 他们俩都是男孩。
We both have short hair 我们俩都留短发。
They both go to this school. 他们俩都在这所学校读书。
My parents both like hiking. 我父母都喜欢远足。
Both New York and London have traffic problems. 纽约和伦敦都存在交通问题。 118
The secretary both speaks and writes Spanish 这位秘书不但能说而且能写西班牙语。 Both teaching and research work are making great strides.教学与科研都在大踏步前进。
(3)get along也可写作get on，表示―相处‖。例如：
Do you get along well with your parents? 你和父母相处得好吗？
Lily gets along well with Lucy. 莉莉和露西相处得很好。
How do you get along with your classmates? 你和同学们相处得怎么样？
in a week；in May；in spring／summer／autumn／winter；in 2008；in the 1990’s等。
(2)表示在上午、下午或晚上。如：in the morning／afternoon／evening。
(3)in the daytime(在白天) 属于固定搭配，指从日出到日落这一段时间，反义词组是in the night。
(4)―in ＋ 一段时间‖表示―多久以后／以内‖，常与将来时连用。
in half an hour；in ten minutes；in a few days等。
on May 4th，1919；on Monday；on Teachers’Day；on my birthday；on that day等。
on the morning of July 2；on Sunday afternoon；on a cold winter evening等。 at 具体用法有：
at six o’clock； at half past nine； at a quarter to six； at this time等。
at noon；at this moment；at the end of a year；at the start of the concert等。
(3)It lasts from June to August.
I borrowed a book from the school library this afternoon.
I can lend my bike to you，but you mustn't lend it to others.
―How long can I keep the book?‖―Two weeks.‖ ―这本书我可以借多久？‖―两个星期。‖
3. hope与wish均可表示―希望，想‖，均可用to do不定式作宾语，不可用doing。其不同之处在于：
I wish you to go. 我要你去。
I hope for success. 我希望成功。(可能性很大)
I wish for a car. 我很想得到小汽车。(难以实现的愿望)
(3)hope和wish都可跟that从句，但―hope+that从句‖表示―希望‖；―wish+that从句‖表示―愿望‖，但从句用过去时表示虚拟语气，即不太可能实现的愿望或与事实相反。例如： I hope you will be better soon. 我希望你尽快好起来。
I wish I were ten years younger. 但愿我能年轻10岁。
We wish you a happy life. 祝你生活幸福。
(1)enjoy在意思上侧重于―享受某种乐趣‖，后接名词或动名词作宾语，不能接不定式。enjoy还可以与反身代词连用，即enjoy oneself，表示―玩得很高兴‖(=have a good time)。例如： The man is enjoying his dinner. 那个男人正津津有味地吃饭。
My father enjoys listening to the radio. 我父亲爱听广播。
Did the children enjoy themselves in the park? 孩子们在公园里玩得愉快吗？
Everyone in China likes Mid-Autumn Festival. 在中国，每个人都喜欢中秋节。 He likes his students to work hard. 他喜欢他的学生努力学习。
We love our motherland. 我们热爱我们的祖国。
They love playing / to play basketball. 他们爱打篮球。
I’d like / love to go with you. 我愿意和你们一起去。
5. how often，how long，how soon与how much
—How often does Mary go to visit the museum? 玛丽多久去参观一次博物馆？ —Twice a year. 一年两次。
—How often do you see a film? 你多长时间看一次电影？
—Once a month. 每月一次。
—Do you know how often Lily visit her grandparents?
—Once a week. 一周一次。
(2)long表示物体的长度或时间的长度。how long表示―多长‖或―多久，多长时间‖之意。 —How long can you stay at home during summer holiday? 暑假你能在家待多久？ —More than two months. 大约两个月。
—How long is this river? 这条河有多长？(指长度)
—It’s about 2658 kilometres. 大约2658公里。
(3)how soon通常表示一般将来时，意为―再等多长时间？‖―多长时间才……？‖，是对―in+时间段‖(in ten minutes / two hours / a week)提问。
Can you tell me how soon you can be ready? 你能告诉我你多久能准备好吗？
(4)How much is / are… ? ……多少钱？
①若询问某一商品多少钱时，一般用How much is / are … ? 这一句型，商品是单数或不可数名词时用is，商品是复数时用are。
—How much is that sweater? 那件毛衣多少钱？
—Two hundred and ten yuan. 210元。
—How much are the bananas? 这些香蕉多少钱？
—They are twenty-five yuan. 25元。
How much，please? 请问多少钱？
How much do you want for it? 这些东西你要多少钱？
How much do you say it is? 你说要多少钱？
Be careful when you cross the road.
= Be careful when you go across the road. 当你横穿马路时一定要小心。
Can you swim across the river? 你能游过这条河吗？
(3)though指―从……中通过‖，着重指从空间的一头纵穿到另一头，含义与in有关。 It took him one hour to walk through the forest.他花费了一个小时的时间穿过那片森林。
一. 单项填空 1. --- Our maths teacher will go to the cinema with us，_________? --- Yes，I think so. A. won't he B. will he C. doesn’t he D. does he 2. About ______ of the workers in the clothes factory are women. A. third fifths B. third fifth C. three fifths D. three fifth 3. He has never visited the Great Hall of the People，______? A．hasn’t he B. has he C．does he D．doesn’t he 4. We’re ______ her carefully，but we can’t ______ what she says . A. listening to，listen B. listening，hear C. listening to，hear D. hearing，listen to 5. I think _______ games is much better than _______ housework. A. to play；doing B. playing；doing C. to play；do D. playing；to do 二. 单句理解 1. My father stayed in Beijing for less than a week. A. He stayed there for 7 days. B. He was there for 5 days. C. He stayed there 7 days ago. D. He stayed there for 10 days. 2. Miss Black had a short rest after lunch. A. Miss Black had a walk before lunch. B. Miss Black took a little rest after she had lunch. C. Miss Black had a talk after she had lunch.D. Miss Black had lunch after she had a little rest. 3. Her grandpa died three years ago. A. His grandma died three years ago. B. Her grandma has been dead for three years. C. Her grandpa has been dead for three years. D. It’s thirteen years since her grandpa died. 4. Kate has three oranges，Lily has six，and Linda has more than Lily. A. Linda has nine oranges. B. Lily has more oranges than Kate. C. Lily has the fewest oranges of the three. D. Linda has fewer oranges than Kate. 5. Peter didn’t go to bed until eleven last night. A. Peter didn’t go to sleep all the night. B. Peter went to bed at eleven last night. C. Peter didn’t fall asleep at eleven last night. D. Peter usually goes into bed at eleven. 三. 根据句意，从方框中选择适当的词语，并以其正确的形式填空 difference，special，lose，think about，break，watch，salt，in many ways，repair，enough 1. There is something wrong with the machine. It needs _______. 2. Mrs. Brown looked happy when she found her _______ son. 3. -- Help yourself to some more Jiaozi. -- No，thank you. I have had _______. 4. They are _______ spending the holiday in Shanghai this year. 5. The _______ cup isn't mine. It's hers. 6. There are some _______ between these two problems 7. My father is good at cooking and he can cook meals _______. 8. Some people like to eat ___ fish because this kind of fish can be kept for a long time. 9. The suit is ______ made for the actor. 122
10.While the family _______ FIFA World Cup，someone knocked at the door.
A man once had a dream about the Black Forest in Germany. In his 1 he was walking in the forest 2 two men ran out and tried to throw him on the ground. He ran off as fast as he could， but they 分开的) roads in front of him. One to the right and to the left. Which road should he take? He heard the two men behind him，getting nearer and nearer，and at the same time he heard a in his ear. It told him to go to the right，and he did . He ran on and soon came to a small hotel. He was received(接待)there kindly and a room，and so he was saved from the two men.
Twenty years 8 he was again in the Black Forest and as happened in the dream once，two men ran out and tried to throw him down. He ran off and came to a place two roads. He followed the dream and took the road to the right. He soon a small hotel，was taken in， and so was safe. His dream of twenty years before had saved his life.
1. A. story B. dream C. mind D. hometown
2. A. where B. suddenly C. until D. when
3. A. followed B. stopped C. caught him D. went away
4. A. one other B. other C. the other D. next
5. A. word B. got C. wind D. voice
6. A. it B. that C. so D. too
7. A. give B. given C. gave D. gives
8. A. ago B. before C. later D. since
9. A. before B. of C. with D. between
10. A. left B. entered C. reached D. saw
When we do not understand each other's language，we can talk with the help of signs.
A Frenchman was once travelling in England. He could not speak English at all. One day he went into a restaurant(饭店) and sat down at a table. When the waiter came，he opened his mouth，put his fingers in it and took them out again. He wanted to say. ―Bring me something to eat.‖
The waiter soon brought him a cup of tea. The man moved his head from side to side. The waiter understood him and took the tea away. In a moment he came with a cup of coffee. But the man again refused(拒绝) it. He shook(摇) his head whenever the waiter brought him something to drink，for drinks are not food.
When the man was going away，another man came in. This man saw the waiter，and he put his hand on his stomach(胃). That was enough. In a few minutes there was a large plate of meat and vegetables on the table in front of him.
So，you see，we cannot understand the language of signs as well as we can understand the language of words.
1. According to the passage(根据短文)，when people do not understand each other's language， they can talk with the help of ___________.
A. a waiter B. a teacher C. an Englishman D. their hands，heads，and other parts of their bodies
2. A Frenchman signed to the waiter _________.
A. to give him some medicine B. to bring him a cup of coffee
C. to ask him for food D. to tell him what he said
3. The waiter brought the Frenchman _________.
A. a cup of tea，a cup of coffee and a lot of other drinks
B. a large plate of meat and vegetables
C. a lot of drinks and a large plate of meat
D. a lot of food and drinks
4. Another man saw the waiter，and put his hands on his stomach. He meant ________.
A. he had a stomach-ache B. he was hungry
C. he was very thirsty D. he was full
5. From this story，we know ________.
A. people can only understand the language of words
B. people know the language of signs as well as the language of words
C. people can make a waiter understand what they want
D. people can only understand their languages
1. A 英语中反意疑问句有两种形式：一是前为肯定陈述句，后为否定简短问句；二是前为否定陈述句，后为肯定简短问句。两部分的谓语在人称、时态和数上要一致，简略问句的主语要用代词。此题前句肯定，后句必须否定。前句谓语中有will，简短问句必须用will的否定式won’t。故选A。
2. C 几分之几的表达应是three fifths，即分子是基数词，分母是序数词，分子超过一，分母后面要加s。
3. B 此题考查反意疑问句，由前后时态要一致的原则，选项D、C可排除，又never意为―从不‖，故选B。弄清反意疑问句的特点是解题关键。
4. C listen to强调听的动作 hear 强调听的结果，所以C为正确答案。
1－5 B B C B B
1. repairing\to be repaired 2. lost 3. enough 4. thinking about
5. broken 6. differences 7. in many ways 8. salty
9. specially 10. are watching
1-5 BDACD 6-10 CBCCC
1．at, on, in
at 5:30 在5:30 at sunrise 日出时 at lunch 午饭时
at noon 正午时 at night 夜间
I get up at 6:00 every day. 我每天6:00起床。
表示―在……岁‖时用at the age of…。
如：at the age of five 在五岁时
on Monday在星期一 on April 1st在四月一日
I heard a shot on the morning of March 18.三月十八日早晨我听到一声枪响。
泛指上、下午、晚上、夜间时用in the morning/afternoon/evening, at night；但若指具体某一天的上述时段时，则一律用on。
如：on the afternoon of May 23 在五月二十三日下午
in September 在九月 in winter 在冬季
in 1999 在1999年 in the 20th century 在20世纪
in the morning/afternoon/evening 在上午/下午/晚上
2．for, during, through
I’ve been a soldier for 5 years.我入伍已5年了。
She has been ill for several days. 她已经病了几天了。
He visited many nice places during his stay here.在他逗留期间他参观了许多美丽的地方。 What did you do during the summer vacation? 你在暑假做了什么？
They worked hard through the winter.整个冬天他们都在努力工作。
She treated me like her brother through these years. 这些年来她始终把我当哥哥对待。
(1) from 作―从……‖解，多用于―from…to/till…‖中。
You can come anytime from Monday to Friday. 周一至周五你什么时间来都行。 The exam will start from 9:00am. 考试将从上午九点开始。
from 1995 to 1998.从1995年到1998年。
He has been away from home since 1973.他自从1973年就离开了家乡。
We have known each other since ten years ago.我们十年前就认识了。
如for two hours（持续）两小时；since last week自从上周直到现在
4．before, by, till, until
Please come before ten o’clock.请10点以前来。
The meeting will end after 3:00 p.m. 会议将在下午三点后结束。
How many models have you made by the end of last month?
I must finish my homework by lunch.午饭前我必须做完作业。
We had learned over 1000 words by the end of last term.
(3) tell (until) ―直到……为止‖
You must wait for him till tomorrow.你必须一直等他到明天。
He didn’t come back until twelve o’clock last night.他昨晚到12点才回来。
在肯定句中，till (until)必须与延续动词连用。若与点动词连用，till (until)只能用于否定句中。
5．after, in, within
We’ll hold a party after dinner.晚餐后我们将举办晚会。
He got a cancer and died after a year.他患了癌症，一年后去世了。
I’ll phone you after I arrive.到达后我给你打电话。（after作连词）
I can finish it within an hour.我不需一小时就可把它做完。
I’ll arrive in an hour.我一小时后到达。 比 较 after与in ①after后可跟时间段，也可跟时间点，如after school（放学后）， 而in后必须跟一段时间，如in an hour（一小时后）。 ②after既可用于将来时，也可用于过去时，而in只能用于将来时。 ③after既可作介词，又可作连词，而in只能作介词 in与within后都必须跟时间段。 （二）表示“地点、方向”的介词： 1．in，outside，between, among ①in表示―在……里面‖，如： What’s in the box? 盒子里是什么？ She put her book in the desk. 她把书放进了书桌。 ②outside指―在……外面‖ There are many people outside the room.房间外有很多人。 What did your see outside the hall? 你在大厅外看见了什么？ ③between在……之间（指二者） There is a hospital between the hotel and the post office.在宾馆与邮局之间有所医院。 The building stands between the park and the small river. 那栋建筑位于公园和小河之间。 between是指―在两者之间‖，而among指―在多个之间‖。 ④among在……之间（指三者以上） ―There is a thief among you.‖ The policeman shouted to the crowd. 警察向人群喊道：―你们中间有个小偷！‖ He found his place among the crowd. 他在人群中找到了他的位置。 2．on, above, over, below, under (1) on在……上面，表面相互接触。 There is an apple on the table. 桌上有一个苹果。 On the top of the hill, there is a flag. 山顶有一面旗子。 (2) above只表示―在……上方或位置高出……‖，与below相对。 A plane flew above our heads.一架飞机从我们头上飞过。 The Turners live above us. 特纳一家人住在我们的上面。 (3) over―在……正上方‖，与under相对。 There is a bridge over the river.河上有一座桥。 The picture is hanging over the blackboard. 那张图挂在黑板的正上方。 (4) below在……下方，低于…… There are many flowers below the window.窗下有很多花。 Her skirt reaches just below her knees.她的裙子刚到膝盖下。 (5) under在……正下方 They sat under a big tree, drinking.他们坐在一棵大树下喝酒。 What are you wearing under your coat? 你外套里面穿了什么？ 3．near, by, beside 127
(1) near在……附近，与far相对 A hospital was built near the railway station.在火车站附近建了一所医院。 My home is near the school. 我的家离学校很近。 (2) by = beside,靠近，在……旁边，比near距离更近 He just sat by/ beside me in the cinema.在电影院他就坐在我旁边。 He lay down beside the statuary. 他在雕像旁躺下了。 4．in front of, behind, around (1) in front of在……前面 A river flows in front of the house.房子前有一条河 They put a bunch of flowers in front of the door. 他们在门前放了一束花。 in the front of表示―在……前部‖，指里面。 There is a red chair in the front of the room.在房间前半部有把红椅子。 (2) behind在……后面 A high building stands behind the village.村子后面有一高层建筑。 The cat lies behind the door. 猫躺在门后面。 (3) around在……周围，围绕 There are many trees around the village.村子周围有很多树围绕。 There are flowers around the stage. 舞台周围摆着鲜花。 5．from, to, for, into, out of (1) from从…… The train started from Paris.火车发自巴黎。 She will fly from Beijing to Hong Kong. 她将从北京飞往香港。 (2) to到……（目的地）去，向…… He went to Germany last year.他去年去了德国。 They got to the town very late. 他们很晚才到那个镇。 (3) for向……，表目的方向 He left for Tianjin on business yesterday.他昨天出差去天津了。 The train for Shanghai has been away. 去往上海的火车已经开走了。 towards, to和for都可表示―向……‖，其区别如下： ①towards仅指朝向某个方向，不一定是目的地，而 to和for都是―向目的地‖。 ②for作―向（目的地）‖时，常用于固定搭配中，如：leave for; start for (4) into进入 Please put the water into the bottle.请把水倒入瓶子里。 The teacher came into the classroom with a smile. 老师微笑着走进了教室。 (5) out of从……出来 A beautiful girl in red went out of the shop.一个穿红衣服的漂亮女孩从商店里走了出来。 They pulled him out of the water. 他们把他从水里拉了出来。 6．along, across, through (1) along沿着 He likes to drive along the river.他喜欢沿着河开车。 128
There are all kinds of beautiful flowers along the road / street. 沿街有着各种美丽的花。
The little girl is afraid to go across the street.这个小女孩不敢横穿马路。
It’s dangerous to run across the busy road. 跑着穿越繁忙的马路是很危险的。
It took us ten minutes to drive through the tunnel.开车穿过这条隧道花了我们10分钟时间。 He pushed his way through the crowd to the platform. 他从人群里挤到了站台。
He lives at No.27 Zhongshan street in Nanjing.他住在南京市中山路27号。
The plane will arrive in Beijing at 13:00. 飞机将于13点到达北京。
1． 表示“标准或单位”的介词：at, for, by
He drove at a speed of 80 miles an hour.他以每小时80英里的速度行驶。
I sold my car at a high price.我以高价出售了我的汽车。
I bought it for 20 dollars.买它花了我20美元。
How much for these apples? 这些苹果多少钱？
如：I bought it at a low price.我买它的价格很低。
I bought it at the price of $80 a pound.我以每磅80美元的价格买的它。
I sold it for $10.我10美元把它卖掉了。
Gold is sold by the gram.金以克出售。
They paid him by the month.他们按月给他计酬。
2．表示“材料”的介词：of, from, in
This box is made of paper.这个盒子是纸做的。
This salad is made of apples and strawberries. 这种沙拉是由苹果和草莓做的。
Bread is made from wheat.面包是小麦做的。
The lifeboat is made from some special material. 这个救生艇是由某种特殊材料制成的。
(3) in用……材料。 常用write, speak, talk, answer等连用。
Please fill in the form in pencil first.请先用铅笔填写这个表格。
They talk in English.他们用英语交谈。
3．表示“工具或手段”的介词：by, with, on
(1) by凭借―工具或手段（多用于交通工具）如： by bus乘公共汽车，by plane乘飞机 He usually goes to work by bike.他通常骑车去上班。
He sent the news to me by e-mail.他通过电子邮件发给了我这一消息。
(2) with用……工具 He broke the window with a stone.他用石头把窗户打破了。 He stopped the ball with his right foot.他用右脚把球停住。 with表示―用……工具‖时，工具前必须加冠词或物主代词。 (3) on以……方式。多用于固定词组。 They talked on the telephone.他们通过电话进行交谈。 She learns English on the radio/on TV.她通过收音机/电视学英语。 4．表示“关于”的介词：of, about, on (1) of仅指―关于‖人或事物的存在，如： He spoke of the film the other day.他前几天提到了这部影片。
He thought of this matter yesterday.他昨天想到了这件事。
He thought about this matter yesterday.他昨天考虑了这件事。
It’s a book for children about Africa and its people.
Can you tell me something about yourself? 你能告诉我一些关于你自己的事情吗？
It’s a textbook on the history of China.它是一本有关中国历史的教科书。
5．表示“原因、理由”的介词：for, at, from, of, with
(1) for表示―一般的理由‖常与famous, punish等词连用。
Xi’an is famous for its long history.西安因历史悠久而著名。
The city is well known for her large population. 这座城市以人口众多而知名。
She got angry at his words.她因为他的话生气了。
He died from the wound.他因受伤而致死。
Her son was badly hurt in a traffic accident. 她儿子在一次车祸中严重受伤。
He died of cancer.他死于癌症。
The old man died of hunger.老人死于饥饿。
He shook with cold.他因寒冷而发抖。
He shouted loudly with anger. 他气得大喊大叫。
The little tiger looks like a cat.这只小老虎看起来像只猫。
The mooncakes are like the moon. 月饼像月亮。
He was hanged as a spy.他被作为间谍绞死了。
He talked to me as a father.他以父亲的身份跟我谈话。
Are you for my idea or against it? 你赞同还是反对我的想法？
They fought against the enemy. 他们抗击敌人。
8．besides, except都表示“除了”。besides的用法就等于as well as。
He is interested in tennis besides（as well as）football. 除了足球，他还对网球感兴趣。
Twenty-five students went to the cinema besides him.
We like biology besides English.除了英语外，我们还喜欢生物。（生物和英语都喜欢）
Everyone is excited except me.除我以外的每个人都很激动。（他们激动，而我却不激动） All the visitors are Japanese except him.
1．当表示时间的词前有this, that, next, last, every, each, some, any, all等时，介词应省略。 We watched an exciting football match last week.（last week前不能用介词in等） 上周我们看了一场激动人心的足球赛。
Come any day you like. 你想哪天来就哪天来。
Come on any day you like.（×）
the next week第二周（以过去某时为起点） 2．表示时间的名词前有不定冠词，且不定冠词作―每一……‖解时，前面不用介词，如： 每小时80英里。 80 miles in an hour.（×）
） 80 miles an hour.（
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.每天吃一个苹果，医生不找我。
3．含有way的短语。如：in the same way, in this/that way, in another way等用于句末时，in常省略。
She did it the same way.她用同样的方法做的。
Review of units 6---8
1. feel like
意思是―觉得好像…‖，相当于feel as if/feel as though，like为介词，其后可加名词或句子做宾语。
When he knew he was cheated，he felt like a fool.当他得知被骗后，觉得自己像一个傻瓜。 feel like 还有―想做某事‖的意思，其后要接doing形式。
He felt like eating something，because he was very hungry. 他想吃些东西，他太饿了。
(1)would like 的意思为―想做某事‖，但是它的用法不同于feel like，后面要接to do sth. 如：
He would like to swim in the river. 他要去河里游泳。
(2)would love 也是同样的用法。
I would love to go to Japan. 我想去日本。
What shall I answer? 我将怎么回答呢?
I've answered his letter． 我给他回信了。
She answered that she knew nothing about it．
(2)reply 的用法比answer正式些，有时作―答复‖解，其句法与answer 基本相同，但它一般用作不及物动词，后接 to sb．/sth.
I don't know what to reply. 我不知道该回答什么。
I wrote，but she did not reply. 我写了信，但她没有回信。
They replied that no one would go． 他们答复说，没有一个人愿意去。
(3)respond 指对他人的要求、号召、主张等，―做出（自觉地）反应‖或―响应‖，它是个不及物动词，后接 to sb./ sth.
He responded（to my suggestion）with a laugh/by laughing．他（对我的建议）以笑作答。 We quickly responded to our neighbor's appeal for help．我们很快响应了邻居的求助呼吁。
3. other，the other，another
I'll come again some other day. 我改日再来。
They live on the other side of the street． 他们住在马路的另一边。
Some people came by bus，others came on foot． 有些人乘公共汽车来，另一些人步行来。 Those are yours and the others are mine． 那些是你的，其余的是我的。
(2)the other表示―另一个‖的意思，指两个人或事物中的―另一个‖。the others(=the other+复数名词)指一定范围内除去一个或一部分后，―余下的人或物的全部‖。
The two brothers look so alike that I can’t tell one from the other．
I have two books，one in Chinese and the other in English．
This composition is better than the others. 这篇作文比其他那些都好。
I don’t like this．Show me another，please．我不喜欢这个。请再拿另一个来给我看看。 This glass is broken，get me another please.这只玻璃杯坏了，请给我再拿一个。 I'll stay here in another few days. 我要在这儿再呆几天。
I wrote another two letters this afternoon.
=I wrote two other letters this afternoon.
=I wrote two more letters this afternoon.
4. anyone和any one
anyone 仅指人，any one 既可指人，也可指物。
Anyone would know that. 人人都知道那一点。
Did any one see the accident? 有谁目睹这次事故了吗？
any one 和 anyone 可以互用
5. how many，how much，how long，how often，how far，how soon
how many 多少，后面总是跟一个可数名词的复数：How many books do you have? how much 多少，也可以问价格，价钱，后面总是跟不可数名词: How much meat do you want?
how long 多长时间：How long have you been to China?
how often 表示多经常，问的是频率：How often do you come here to study English? how far 表示问距离多远: How far is it from here to the post office?
how soon 问多久，用于将来时：How soon will you come back?
We wear our rain boots on a rainy day. 我们在下雨天穿雨鞋。
Does she wear glasses? 她戴眼镜吗？
Is she wearing the same clothes? 她穿着同样的衣服吗？
put on 是―穿上‖，―戴上‖的意思，强调动作。
She put on a red coat and went out. 她穿上红色大衣出去了。
误：He put on a straw hat all day.
正：He wears a straw hat all day.
She washed，dressed and went out． 她洗完脸穿好衣服就出去了。
My daughter is old enough to dress herself． 我的女儿长大了，可以自己穿衣服了。 have on 指穿的状态，其后可以接衣服、帽子、鞋子等能穿戴的东西。have on不能用于进行时态。
He has on a blue coat and grey trousers today． 他今天穿着一件蓝上衣和一条灰裤子。 介词in表穿着，后接衣服，也可接颜色。除作定语外，可与be连用作谓语。 如：
The girl in red is a good student． 那位穿红衣服的姑娘是个好学生。
She was in light blue silk． 她穿着浅蓝色的绸衣。
7. arrive /reach/get
arrive 是不及物动词，后面需接介词at或in，再接表示地点的名词。arrive at常用于到达较小的地方，如车站，学校，邮局，机场等，arrive in常用于较大的地方，如：城市，国家，地区等。
When does the train arrive at the station? 火车什么时候到(车)站。
We arrived in Shanghai this morning. 我们是今天早上到达上海的。 reach 是及物动词，后面跟表示地点的名词。
They reached Shanghai this morning. 他们是今天早上到达上海的。 get 是不及物动词，后面需接介词to，再接表示地点的名词。
Write to us when you get to the place. 到那里后请来信。
get 和arrive 后面是表示地点的副词时，则不需要接介词。
误：She got to here last night.
She arrived at here last night.
正：She got here last night.
She arrived here last night.
1. Would you mind…?和Do you mind…? 用于询问或请求别人做某事，或请求他人的许可。
(1)mind后面可以用-ing形式，复合结构 one’s doing或if引导的从句。
(2)这个句型的否定形式是在mind后加not，即Would you mind not…?或Do you mind not…?
(3)回答Do／Would you mind…? 提出的问题时，表示允许要说No或Not at all等； 如果介意要做肯定回答Yes. 或Yes，I’m sorry，but I do.等。 如：
Would you mind not playing basketball here? 你不要在这打篮球好吗？ --Do you mind if I ask you a question? 我可以问你的一个问题吗?
2. Why don’t you do sth.? 这是给别人提建议，建议某人做什么事情，发出礼貌地邀请的句型。这个句子还可以写成Why not do…?
Why don't we come more often? 咱们为什么不经常来这里呢?
Why not get her a camera? 为什么不给她买个相机呢？
Why don’t you have a drink of tea? 请喝茶。
= Why not have a drink of tea?
3. How / What about…? 表示……怎么样 / 好吗？
How about his playing football? 他足球踢得怎么样？
What about swimming with us? 和我们一起游泳怎么样？
How about her English? 她的英语怎样？
(1)I have been learning English for ten years. 我学英语已经十年了。
(2)She has been skating for four hours. 到现在为止她滑冰已经有四个小时了。 构成：肯定句：主语 + have / has been + 现在分词
(1)Have you been doing your homework since this morning? 从今天早晨起你就一直在写作业吧？
(2)Has he been writing the letters to his friend? 他是一直在给他的朋友写信吗？
(3)I haven’t been seeing films for a long time. 我有很长时间没有看电影了。 （表明没有看电影这个动作从过去一直持续到现在，还要继续持续下去。） 现在完成进行时与现在完成时的区别：
I have read a book about birds. （已经读完）
I have been reading a book about birds. （一直都在读，现在还在读，有可能会继续读下去）
She has been singing all the day. 她都唱了一整天了。（抱怨、厌烦）
already，yet，for，since，just these days，ever，never等，不能和表示过去的时间状语连用。 have(has)+动词的过去分词
have gone (to)去了（某地）人不在此地
I have worked here for ten years.
I have never been to Guangzhou.
She has made quite a few friends since she came to China.
for +一段时间，since +过去的时间点，从句用一般过去时。
1. I have been playing the violin since I ______(be) seven years old.
2. Would you mind not ______(move) my bike?
3. You'd better stop __________(read) in the sun.
4. Some people threw their food away after ________(get) a doll.
5. This hat is too small. Would you mind giving me a ________(big) one?
1. The soup tastes ________. I like it.
A. well B. good C. had D. badly
2. I'd like ______ stamps because they are beautiful.
A. collecting B. collect C. to collect D. to raise
3. Sam has been playing the violin ______ five years ago.
A. since B. for C. in D. before
4. -What do you think of these flowers? -They smell _________. I like them very much.
A. boring B. terrible C. nice D. well
5. -It's said that there's going to be a meeting. _________ will it start? -In two days.
A. How soon B. How long C. How often D. How far
6. -There is a flower show in the park. When would you like to go，Saturday or Sunday? -______ is OK. I'm free these two days.
A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None
7. Would you mind ______ baseball here?
A. no playing B. not playing C. not to play D. no to play
8. This pair of trousers is too big. I want ____ pair.
A. other B. the other C. others D. another
9. He'll ask his teacher if he ______ some help.
A. needs B. need C. will need D. is needing
10. Look! That house is on fire. Let's call _________ quickly.
A. 119 B. 114 C. 120 D. 121
11. The doctor _________ the girl and then said nothing was serious.
A. looked for B. looked over C. looked after D. looked out
12. Mother keeps telling her son not to get of until the bus _________.
A. will stop B. is going to stop C. stopped D. stops
13. We'll go to visit Tian' anmen Square _________ it doesn't rain tomorrow.
A. if B. as soon as C. when D. since
14. Excuse me. Read the text louder，please. I __________ hear you.
A. can't B. wouldn't C. needn't D. may not
15. Oh，the milk ___________ strange---do you think it's OK to drink?
A. was tasted B. tasted C. is tasting D. tastes
1. Could you mind not playing the violin at 9:00 p.m.?
A B C D
2. How long have you run yesterday?
A B C D
3. I didn't finish to read this book because I ran out of time.
A B C D
4. How many women there are in the room?
A B C D
5. I am not say it in English.
A B C D
Mobile phones(手机) have become a problem for middle schools. Some middle schools in Australia have banned(禁止) students from ___1___ mobile phones during school hours. Mobile phones use ___2___ children has become a problem for schools this year. Mary Bluett from the government ___3___ mobile phone use was a distraction(分心的事物) to students during school hours and it also gave teachers so ___4___ in their classroom. Teachers were also saying that sometimes students ___5___ use phone messages to cheat during exams. She said some schools had tried to ban mobile phones. Some parents felt unhappy ___6___ they couldn't get in touch with their children. Many teachers explained ___7___ the students should not have mobile phones at school；they were ___8___ to lose and were a distraction from studies. Many people say that they understand why parents would want their children ___9___ phones，but they ___10___ schools should let the students know when they can use their mobile phones.
1. A. putting B. buying C. getting D. carrying
2. A. with B. during C. among D. for
3. A. told B. said C. spoke D. talked
4. A. much trouble B. many messages C. many questions D. much pleasure
5. A. need B. should C. might D. must
6. A. but B. because C. so D. and 138
7. A. why B. what C. when D. where
8. A. difficult B. different C. important D. easy
9. A. to give B. give C. to have D. have
10. A. find B. think C. understand D. know
Rules of Reading Club
The following rules will be used for the Reading Club
1. All books must be read from page one to the last page in the book.
2. The parent or the teacher will initial (write the first letter of one's name) the booklist after a student has finished reading a book. Teachers will initial the booklist only for the books read at school. It is the responsibility(责任) of the student and parent to write the names of all books read，and the number of pages of the book on the booklist.
3. All books read must be of the student's reading level(水平) or above. Example: A third grade student should not read first grade books if he or she is able to read at a third grade or higher reading level.
4. All books the student finishes during the school year (including the textbook read at school) will be counted towards the 100 books. Comic books(漫画书) and the like will not be counted. Books of good quality(高质量的) read from the school library，public library，classroom，home，etc. will be counted.
5. When a student has finished a club booklist (one sheet of 25 books or 1，500 pages)，he/ she should bring the sheet to the office. The child will get a small reward(奖励) and may get another piece of booklist to go on reading.
It takes four booklist sheets for 100 books or four 1，500 pages to reach 6，000 pages. Either way----You're a Winner!
1. The student needs to ask his / her parent or teacher to initial the booklist ______.
A. as soon as he/she begins to read a book B. before he/she reads a book
C. after he/she finishes reading a book D. while he/she is reading a book
2. What kind of books will not be counted?
A. Story books B. Picture books C. History books D. Biology books
3. How many books should a student read before he/she gets another booklist?
A. 25 B. 1，500 C. 6，000 D. 100
4. According to the rules，which of the following is NOT true?
A. The student should read the whole book through.
B. The parent will initial the booklist for the books the student reads at home.
C. A third grade student can read the first grade books if he/she likes to do so.
D. The student needs to read 100 books，or 6，000 pages in the school year to be a winner.
5. According to the rules，which of the following is the most possible booklist?
1. was 2. moving 3. reading 4. getting 5. bigger
1. B taste尝起来，相当于系动词，后面接形容词。
2. C would like to do sth.
3. A since+过去的某个时间点。
4. C smell闻起来，相当于系动词，后面接形容词。
5. A be going to 表将来，问将来多久用how soon。
6. A is 的主语是单数，应该用either，表示任何一个。
7. B mind (not) doing sth.
8. D another再一个，另一个。
9. A 从句用一般将来时，主句用将来时。
10. A 常识题。
11. B look over检查。
13. A 从句用一般将来时，主句用将来时。
1. A 应把Could改为Would 2. B 改为did 3. B 改为reading
4. C are there 5. A can’t
1. D 2. C 3. B 4. A 5. C 6. B 7. A 8. D
Ⅴ. 阅读理解 1. C 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. C
140 9. C
Review of units 9---10
As it rained，I stayed home. (多用于句首)
②(比较) as…as… 同…一样
例如： He is as tall as I (am).
例如： I got up so early as to be in time.
He spoke so loudly as to be heard by everyone.
例如： Young as he was，he works hard.
2. in the same way
in the same way 意思为―同样地，用同样的方式‖，常接在动词后用作方式状语。 注意：
in the way 就这样，用这种方式
by the way 顺便问一下
on the way 在去……路上
例如： He finally worked out the problem in the way.
By the way，how old is your son?
On the way to school，he met an old friend of his.
如： on the way home 在回家的路上
例如： I’d prefer meat，please. 我更喜欢吃肉。
(2)prefer sth. / doing to sth. /doing
I prefer dogs to cats. 我喜欢狗，不太喜欢猫。
I prefer reading to singing. 我喜爱读书胜过唱歌。
(3)prefer to do sth.
Would you prefer me to come on Monday? 你是否宁可要我星期一来？ 141
(4)prefer to do … rather than do …
He prefers to write his letters rather than phone them.他喜欢自己写信，不愿意给他们打电话。
Neither street/Neither of the streets is clean． 两条街都不干净。
Neither Bill nor his parents were at home． 比尔不在家，他的父母亲也不在家。
There is a bus-stop on either side of the street． 大街的两旁都有公共汽车站。
She hasn't read this book，and I haven't either． 她没有读过这本书，我也没有读过。 It's either red or green；I can't remember．它不是红色的，就是绿色的，我记不清楚了。
You can't do the job alone． 这活你一个人干不了。
(2)lonely 只能用作形容词，在句子中充当表语或定语。指人时，作―孤单的‖、―寂寞的‖解；指地方时，作―荒凉的‖、―人迹稀少的‖ 解。
I live all alone but I don't feel lonely． 我一直一个人生活，但不感到孤单。 The house was in a lonely place． 那幢房屋位于一个人迹稀少的地区。
Be careful when you’re crossing the street. 过街的时候要当心。
We ran across the bridge. 我们跑步过桥。
The bookstore is across the street. 书店在街对面。
It took them three hours to walk through the forest. 他们花了三个小时才穿过那片森林。
hope 后接to do或从句
wish 后接to do，sb to do， sb/sth+ 名词 或从句（虚拟）
expect 后接to do，sb. to do，或从句
I hope to be happy.
I wish you to be happy.
I expect you to be happy.
I hope that you can come.
I expect that you can come.
I wish that you could come.
I wish you success.
——What were you doing this time yesterday? 昨天这个时间你在干什么？ ——We were watching TV this time yesterday 昨天这个时间我们在看电视。 ② 表示过去某一阶段在进行的动作：
Mary was talking with her friends the whole afternoon yesterday.
Tom wrote a letter to his friend last night.
Tom was writing a letter to his friend last night.
I was reading an English novel last night. 昨晚我在看一本英文小说。（可能没看完） I read an English novel last night 我昨晚看了一本英文小说。（已经看完） 过去完成时
肯定形式：①am/is/are going to + do；②will/shall + do.
否定形式：①am/is/are going not to + do；②will/shall not + do.
(1)表示将要发生的动作或存在的状态及打算、计划或准备做某事。将来一般时用来表示单纯的将来事实。将来一般时常和表将来的时间状语连用，如：tomorrow，next week，next month，next year，in a few days等。
He’II come next week. 他下星期来。
It wiIl be long before he wilI come back. 他要过很久才会回来。(此句重点是 before从句)
I wiII come tomorrow if it will suit you. 如果对你方便的话，我明天来。
肯定形式：have/has + done
否定形式：have/has + not +done.
The car has arrived. 车子来了。（结果：车子已在门口）
Someone has broken the window. 有人把窗户打破了。（结果：窗户仍破着）
(2)现在完成时常用来表持续的动作或状态，亦用来表过去重复的动作。常用的时间状语：recently，lately，since…，for…，in the past few years already，in the past等笼统地表过去的时间状语边用。
I have lived here for more than thirty years. 我已在此住了30多年。
He has visited China for three days. 他在中国进行了三天访问。
以过去某个时间为标准，在此以前发生的动作或行为，或在过去某动作之前完成的行为，即―过去的过去‖。常用的时间状语：before， by the end of last year(term， month…)等。
肯定形式：had + done.
否定形式：had + not + done.
The class had already begun when I came to school.
1. He got up，washed himself and then got _____.
A. dressed B. dress C. to dress D. dressing
2. —What are you ______? —I’m _______ my lost pen everywhere.
A. finding，looking for B. looking for，finding
C. looking for，looking for D. looking，looking
3. My old grandpa is ______ at home every day.
A. alone B. lonely C. alones D. oneself
4. Look! Some people are talking ___ the trees and some monkeys are playing ___ the tree.
A. in in B. on on C. under in D. under on
5. They had a good time last Sunday，_____ they?
A. hadn’t B. didn’t C. had D. did
6. I ___________ this book for two weeks. I have to return it now.
A. borrowed B. have borrowed C. kept D. have kept
7. The glass ______. It _____ by little Tom this morning.
A. broke，is broken B. is broken，was broken
C. was broken，broke D. has been broken，broken
8. There are many tall buildings on _______ sides of the street.
A. each B. every C. both D. either
9. He told me ______ to bring you ______.
A. don’t，something B. don’t，anything C. not，something D. not，
10. His grandfather ____ for ten years．
A. died B. was dead C. has been dead D. has died
1. She teaches maths.（完成反意疑问句）
She teaches mathes，________ _________?
2. I didn’t know about this . Hetold me last night.（用not … until连接两句子） I ________ know about this _________ he told me last night.
3. He jumps the highest in his class. (变同义句)
He jumps higher than any ＿＿＿＿＿ ＿＿＿＿＿ in his class.
4. The old man doesn't know the way to the station. (变同义句)
The old man doesn't know ＿＿＿＿＿ ＿＿＿＿＿ get to the station. 5. I'll ring you up this evening. (变同义句) I'll ＿＿＿＿＿ you a ＿＿＿＿ this evening. Ⅲ. 选词填空，用方框中所给词语的适当形式填空，每个词语只能用一次。
1. The supermarket _________ at 8:30 every morning.
2. Which is the ___________ city in the world?
2. Tomorrow is Saturday. The Browns _________ the Summer Palace.
4. ________ you ________ well in biology last term?
5. _________ the teachers' help，we can't make any progress.
There is no other five-year-old like him. He has a potato-shaped head and a voice that is not easily forgotten. He is not a trouble maker，but trouble follows him wherever he goes.
Crayon Shinchan(蜡笔小新) enjoys great popularity in China. He has many fans in Hong Kong， Taiwan and on the mainland. And he is one of the hottest cartoon characters(卡通人物) in his home country，Japan.
But，the trouble-maker's show was thought to be the No. 1 most unwanted cartoon program by Japan's Parents' Association(家长协会) on April 18.
More than half the parents who took part in the study thought Shinchan was not a good model for children. They believed his actions and words were grown-up in nature and not fit for kids.
Many parents and education experts in China agree with them. Shinchan，they say，is really offensive. ―Crayon Shinchan is full of dirty humor(幽默). The boy shows some terrible thinking which doesn' t match his age，‖said a teacher from Beijing Normal University. The teacher further pointed out that Shinchan destroys the image(形象) of a polite，hard-working boy. She is afraid that some children may copy his action and harm their psychological(心理的) development.
The teacher and many others in China think thru Shinchan is a cartoon for grown-ups，not for children.
But some，kids disagree. Jiangxin，a middle school student in Beijing，became a fan of Shinchan after he first saw the cartoon two years ago. He said it was Shinchan's humor，courage (勇气)，and cleverness that made him and his friends love the little cartoon character. ―Shinchan looks at the grown-ups' world with a kid's eyes，‖said Jiang.―We watch it just for fun.‖But Jiang also agreed that Shinchan is not good for all ages.―It may not be fit for little kids. They may try to blindly copy him.‖
Shinchan's―father‖，Japan's popular cartoonist(漫画家)，Yoshito Usui，never thought Shinchan would result in such a discussion.
He said that Shinchan is a childish copy of Japan's middle-aged men. The boy does everything that grown-ups would like to do，but don't dare to do.―People can easily excuse him because he's only five years old，‖said Yoshito.
1. Many children like Shinchan very much mainly because _____________. A. he always does something funny B. the cartoon character is suitable for all ages C. they think he is humorous，clever and brave D. he is a childish copy of Japan's middle-aged men 2. Teachers and parents dislike Crayon Shinchan because ________. A. he looks very funny B. he has caused such a discussion C. the character was invented by a middle-aged cartoonist D. he is thought as a bad model for children to follow 3. The underlined word ―offensive‖in Paragraph 5 probably means ___________. A. humorous B. bad-looking C. funny D. unpleasant 4. According to the passage，it is likely that Crayon Shinchan will NOT _________.
A. say dirty words B. tell lies C. work hard at his homework
D. make a loud noise in class
Thomas Edison was a famous American inventor. 1 he was a child，he was always trying out new called him Tom. Young Tom was for only three months. During those three months he 5 his teacher a lot of questions. Most of the questions were not his lessons. His teacher thought he wasn’t and told his mother to take him out of school.
Edison’s mother had to 8 him herself. Edison learnt very quickly. He read a lot Later he became very inter4ested in and invented many things.
1. A. Because B. If C. When D. And
2. A. answers B. ideas C. questions D. ways
3. A. He B. She C. They D. We
4. A. at home B. on the farm C. by the river D. in school
5. A. asked B. answered C. gave D. told
6. A. by B. at C. to D. about
7. A. kind B. clever C. bad D. forgetful
8. A. write B. play C. teach D. read
9. A. science B. art C. English D. music
10. A. easy B. beautiful C. dangerous D. useful
1. Hello，who’s that，please? A. Oh， I’d love to. Thank you.
2. I’m sorry I’m late. B. I like them very much.
3. What’s the date today. C. Yes. It’s on the other side of the street.
4. Would you like to come to supper? D. That’s right.
5. How do you like the pictures? E. This is Mary speaking.
6. It’s a fine day for a walk. F. It doesn’t matter.
7. Excuse me. Could you tell me the way to the cinema? E. It’s January 15.
Ⅰ. 1. A get dressed.
2. C 两个句子都是强调寻找的过程，动作（look for ）。而find 是强调结果的。
3. A alone 是做表语的。而lonely 是做定语的。
4. C 5. B 6. D 7. B 8. C 9. D
10. 分析：―died‖和―was dead‖都是一般过去时，因―for ten years‖是表示延续时间的状语，谓语时态要用现在完成时，所以选A或B都不行。―has been dead‖和―has died‖虽然都是现在完成时，但因―die‖是终止性动词，且在有for…或since…的句中，就必须选用延续性动词be。这样，正确答案应该选C。
Ⅱ. 3. other，student 4. how，to 5. give，ring
Ⅲ. 1. opens 2. biggest 3. are going to visit / will visit
4. Did；do 5. Without
Ⅳ. 1. C 2. D 3. D 4. C
10）选D。根据常识或排除可知对科学感兴趣，发明了许多有用的东西。 Ⅵ. 1. E 2. F 3. G 4. A 5. B 6. D 7. C
本题考察的是日常交际用语的运用能力。要求给每个句子配位。在理解各句的句意后，运用日常交际用语在不同场合的应答，就能逐一完成。如本题第一句的―Hello，who’s that，please?‖根据II栏中E项的答语―This is Mary speaking‖可以推断出这里电话用语（请问您是哪位）。再如第四句―Would you like to come to supper?‖（你来吃晚饭好吗？）按照英美人士交际习惯，应该先说表示乐意，并致谢，就不难找到II栏中的a项应答。
1. ______ weather we have today!
A. What a fine B. What fine C. How fine D. How a fine
2. She's finished drawing the picture，but I haven't ____. A. too B. either C. already D. yet 3. Those foreign visitors ____ our city the day before yesterday. A. arrived B. reached C. reached to D. got in 4. — ____ are you late for school? — Never. A. When B. How long C. How soon D. How often 5. Do you often see her ____ volleyball on the playground? A. play B. played C. plays D. to play 6. Li Ping is young，but he ____ many places of interest in South China. A. went to B. has been in C. has gone to D. has been to 7. — Why ____ to the Great Wall this Sunday? — Good idea! A. don't go B. you not go C. not go D. not to go 8. Could you tell me ____ they are talking about? A. where B. when C. Why D. what 9. You had to stay at home yesterday，____ you? A. haven't B. hadn't C. don't D. didn't 10. She is ____ careful as I，but I'm than ____ you. A. as；much careful B. as；much more careful C. so；more careful D. so；very careful 11. We can't see ____ sun at ____ night. A. a；/ B. a；the C. the；/ D. the；the 12. My mother often tells me ____ at others. A. don't laugh B. not to laugh C. to not laugh D. not laugh 13. — Would you like to go to the zoo with us? — ____. A. Yes，please B. That's true C. Yes，I'd love to D. Quite well 14. The rain ____ for nearly five hours. A. fall B. keeps C. lasts D. blows 15. ____ bad weather it is! A. What B. What a C. How D. How a 16. I won't excuse her ____ she says ―sorry‖ to me. A. so B. until C. because D. as 17. — What do you mean ____ ―chick‖，please? — In Chinese it means Xiao ji. A. in B. for C. by D. from 18. Can I have ____ bottle of orange，please? A. another B. other C. second D. some more 19. I can't answer your questions because I know ____ about the subject. A. few B. little C. a few D. a little 20. Do you know ____? A. when does he go B. when he goes C. where will he go D. if does he go 21. ____ of the boys in Class 4 are playing games. 149
A. All B. Each C. The both D. None
22. It's wrong to ____ your exercise-book at home.
A. forget B. lose C. leave D. miss
23. — Hello! Could I speak to Mr Li，please? — ____.
A. Who are you? B. One moment，please.
C. Yes，it's a bad line D. What are you?
24. Tom ____ come to the party tonight，but I'm not sure.
A. may B. can C. will D. must
25. — ____ do you like the film? — Very much.
A. How B. What C. How about D. What about
1. I _____(not do) anything when my mother knocked at the door.
2. Listen! Someone _____(sing) in the next room.
3. Mother _____(cook) breakfast while I _____(wash) my face this morning.
4. Mr. Yang was on duty last night. He ____ still ____(work) in the hospital at 11:00 p.m.
5. Who _____(teach) you English last term?
6. The children were running to move the bag of rice when they _____(hear) the sound of a motorbike.
7. Please go to the school office and _____(call) the police.
8. Wang Wei，the young pilot，___ for our country. He will live in our hearts forever.(die)
9. I’m sure it _____(be) a good day tomorrow.
Man has a big brain(脑). He can think，learn and speak. Scientists once thought that men are different from animals they can think and learn. They know now that dogs，monkeys，birds can learn，too.
They are beginning to understand that men are different from animals because they can speak. Animals can't speak. They make noises when they are afraid，or unhappy. Apes(类人猿) can understand some things than man. One or two of them have learned words. But they can not join words to make sentences. They cannot think us because they have 5 language. Language is a wonderful thing. Man has 6 build a modern world because he has language. child can speak his own language very well when he is four or five，
8 no animals learn to speak. 9 do children learn it? Scientists don't really know. 10 happens inside our body when we speak? They don't know. They only know that man can speak because he has a brain.
1. A. after B. if C. before D. because
2. A. quickly B. slowly C. more quickly D. slow
3. A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
4. A. as B. about C. like D. over 150
5. A. not B. any C. no D. some
6. A. to able to B. be able to C. able to D. been able to
7. A. Each B. Every C. One D. All
8. A. or B. so C. and D. but
9. A. How B. What C. Why D. Which
10. A. Where B. When C. What D. How B
Peter was an office worker. He worked in an office in a small town. One day his boss(老板) 1 to him，―Peter，I want you 2 to London，to an office there，to 3 Mr. Brown.‖ Peter went to London 4 train. When he got to London，he thought，―The office isn't far from here. I can go there on foot. I'll it easily.
But after an hour，he was still looking for it，he stopped and asked an old woman. She said，―Go along this street，turn left at the end，and it's the second building on the right.‖Peter went and found ，he went to London. He did not find the office he asked someone in the street. It was same old woman. She was very surprised(吃惊) and said，―Are you still looking for that place? ‖
1. A. told B. said C. asked D. showed
2. A. go B. reach C. to go D. to reach
3. A. see B. look C. watch D. look at
4. A. on B. at C. by D. in
5. A. look for B. look at C. look D. find
6. A. it B. one C. the other D. another
7. A. after B. ago C. later D. before
8. A. again B. too C. so D. because
9. A. but B. so C. too D. or
10. A. a B. an C. the D. that
A young man once went into town and bought himself a pair of trousers. When he got home，he went upstairs to his bedroom and put them on. He found that they were about two inches too long.
He went downstairs to the kitchen. His mother and two sisters were washing up the tea-things there. ―The new trousers are too long，‖he said.―They need shortening by about two inches. Could one of you do it for me，please?‖His mother and sister were busy and none of them said anything. But as soon as his mother had finished washing up，she went quietly upstairs to her son's bedroom and shortened the trousers by two inches. She came downstairs without saying anything to her daughters.
Later on，after supper，the elder sister remembered her brother's trousers. She was a kind-hearted girl，so she went quietly upstairs without saying anything to anyone，and shortened the trousers by two inches.
The younger sister went to the cinema，but when she came home she，too，remembered her brother's trousers. So she ran upstairs and did as her mother and sister had done.
You can imagine the look on the young man's face when he put the trousers on the next morning.
1. The young man's trousers were ______ for him at first.
A. a bit too long B. very good C. not too long D. too short
2. The young man's mother and sisters didn't answer because they were busy ______ in the kitchen.
A. cooking B. making tea C. washing clothe D. washing cups，glasses and so on
3. His elder sister shortened the trousers ______.
A. in the evening B. after lunch C. as soon as she had finished the washing
D. after she came back from the cinema
4. The next morning the young man found that the trousers were ______ inches too short for him.
A. two B. four C. six D. eight
5. We can imagine that when the young man put the trousers on the next morning，he would feel
A. happy B. surprising C. surprised D. thankful B
My husband hasn't stopped laughing about a funny thing that happened to me. It's funny now but it wasn't at the time.
Last Friday，after doing all the family shopping in town，I wanted a rest before catching the train，so I bought a newspaper and some chocolate and went into the station coffee shop--- that was a cheap self-service place with long tables to sit at. I put my heavy bag down on the floor，put the newspaper and chocolate on the table to keep a place，and went to get a cup of coffee.
When I went back with the coffee，there was someone in the next seat. It was one of those wild-looking youngsters，with dark glasses and worn clothes，and hair colored bright red at the front. Not so unusual these days. What did surprise me was that he'd started to eat my chocolate! Naturally，I was annoyed. However，to avoid trouble---and really I was rather uneasy about him --- I just looked down at the front page of the newspaper，tasted my coffee and took a bit of chocolate. The boy looked at me closely. Then he took a second piece of my chocolate. I could hardly believe it. Still I didn't dare to start an argument. When he took a third piece. I felt more angry than uneasy. I thought，―Well，I shall have the last piece.‖And I got it.
The boy gave me a strange look，then stood up. As he left he shouted out.―This woman's crazy!‖Everyone stared. That was embarrassing(令人难堪的) enough，but it was worse when I finished my coffee and got ready to leave. My face went red---as red as his hair---when I realized I'd made a mistake. It wasn't my chocolate that he'd been taking. There was mine，unopened，just under my newspaper.
1. The woman telling the story ____.
A. always went shopping with her family on Fridays
B. had been very busy and needed some time to recover
C. wanted a newspaper and some chocolate to take home to her family
D. bought a newspaper and some chocolate so that she could keep a place at the table
2. When the woman came back to the table，she was surprised ____.
A. because she wasn't sure whether the youngster was a boy or a girl
B. because the youngster was dressed so strangely
C. because there was already someone sitting in the next seat
D. because the youngster’s behavior seemed rude
3. When the woman saw the boy go on eating the chocolate，she felt ____.
A. too tired to start an argument
B. too shy to look in the boy's direction
C. more and more disappointed at losing the chocolate
D. more and more angry with the boy
4. The woman's face turned red ____.
A. because she realized that she had been quite wrong about the boy
B. because she realized that the boy was poor and angry
C. because she saw everyone staring at her
D. because she hated being shouted at
5. From the story we can see the woman ____.
A. was crazy B. was being careless C. was careless and selfish
D. often made mistakes
Live Music-Late Night Jazz(爵士乐)
Enjoy real American jazz from Herbie Davis，the famous trumpet player(号手). He is known
Scottish dancing is nice and easy to learn. The wonderful dance from England will be give.
Your pen-friend is coming from Australia to your city for a holiday. You send him this E-mail(
TEL：4686788 E-mail：Li Hong @ 163.com. 1. If you want to watch dancing，you can call _______. A. 4668736 B. 4021877 C. 4886888 D. 46k86788 2. You can see the whole of Chinese history at _______ in April in Anhui Museum. A. 3 p.m. every day B. 9 p.m. from Monday to Friday C. 7 a.m. at weekends D. 7 p.m. every day 3. You can enjoy _______ at Jack Stein's. A. American jazz B. Scottish dancing C. 12，000 pieces on show D. yourself all night 4. Sun Hotel and Rose Hotel are open for _____ months of the year. A. nine B. ten C. eleven D. twelve 5. You have ￥148，and you can ________ in May. A. listen to Jazz B. watch Scottish dancing C. go to Anhui Museum D. stay in Sun Hotel for a night 五. 根据汉语将句子填写完整。 1. 上个月我太忙了，没看电视。 I was _____ busy _____ watch TV last month. 2. 学好数学对他们来说很有用。 _____ useful _____ them _____ learn English well. 3. 刚才我看见那个女孩在树下跳舞。 I _____ the girl _____ under the tree just now. 4. 他的爸爸每天上午去公园散步。 His father _____ _____ _____ in the park every morning. 5. 莉莉没有准时到家，她妈妈正在为她担心。 Lily didn't get home _____ _____. Her mother was _____ _____ her. 六. 短文改错 Mr Robert Smith is worker. 1、_________ He comes from American. 2、_________ He is born in 1965 in Washington. 3、_________ 154
When he was a children，he heard 4、_________
a lot about China，the friend Chinese 5、_________
people and delicious Chinese food. 6、_________
He wanted very much live and work in china. 7、_________
1990. Now he lives at 14 Xidan Street and 8、_________
works Beijing TV Factory. 9、_________
2. always，think，a little，fat
3. eat，so…that…，little，fall ill
4. her mother，tell，eat too little，be bad for，health
1. B 2. D 3. B 4. D 5. A 6. D 7. C 8. D 9. D 10. B
11. C 12. B 13. C 14. C 15. A 16. B 17. C 18. A 19. B 20. B
21. A 22. C 23. B 24. A 25. A
1. wasn't doing (表示过去的某一时间正在作的动作，用过去进行时。)
2. is singing (listen，表示现在的指示动作，应该和现在进行时连用。)
3. was cooking；was washing (用while连接的两个句子，通常动作同时进行，常常前后都用进行时。)
4. was working
5. taught (注意他的时间状语是 last term. 典型的一般过去时。)
7. call (由and引导的并列祈使句，动词要用原形。)
8. died (在这个句子中pilot 意思是飞行员。die for的意思是为……而死。)
9. will be
A. 1. D. 从上下文的意思可以看出，科学家认为人和动物不一样是因为人可以思考和学习。故答案是D。
2. C. 此处应该选择副词，又因为有than man，所以选择C。
3. B. 从下句判断出，此句应是肯定的意思，另外words是可数名词，故选B。
4. C. 从上下文的意思看，应是―不能像我们一样思考‖，故C对。
7. B. every强调的是全体，此句话说的是普遍规律。
8. D 9. A 10. C
B. 1. B 2. C 3. A 4. C 5. D 6. A 7. C 8. A 9. B 10. C 155
A. 1. A 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. C
B. 1. B 2. D 3. D 4. A 5. B
C. 1. B 从第二则短新闻中可知要看舞蹈上拨电话4021877。
2. A 第三则短新闻可知星期一～星期五全天，而周末是9:00a.m～9:00p.m所以两者综合为A。
3. B 从第二则新闻可知在Jack Stein's 能欣赏到苏格兰舞蹈。
4. C 根据上文四月份不开放，所以只有11个月。
5. C 第一、二、四则短新闻中的活动价格都高于148元，只能选C。
1. too，to 2. It's，for，to 3. saw，dancing 4. takes has a walk
5. on time，worrying / worried about
2. American 改为America。Come from后应该加―国名‖。
6. live前加to。want后面接动词不定式to do sth.
1. Mary was a beautiful girl.
2. She always thought (that) she was a little fat.
3. She ate so little that she fell ill.
4. Her mother told her (that) eating too little was bad for her health.
1. Do you know what is in the _n_ _l_p_? 2. He likes s _ _t_ng very much.
3. Their son will start c_ _l_ge in January. 4. His hobby is collecting st_ _ps.
5. He drew a fl_ _ _r.
7. The w_nd_ _ is very clean.
6. He was very poor. He has no c_ _n with
8. It is a picture of an _ mp_r_r. 157
9. He runs very f_ _t. 10. The k_ _e is flying high in the sky.
11. Be more careful with your work ____.
A．just then B．since then C．a moment later D．from now on
12. Can you tell us ______?
A. where have you gone B. where you have gone
C. where have you been D. where you have been
13. Do you think it will _________ this afternoon?
A. rainy B. rains C. raining D. rain
14. I don't like going out. I'm very _______.
A. funny B. quiet C. quite D. active
15. I used to be shy. I couldn't ___________________.
A．alone B. speak in front of a large group
C. say anything D. try
16. The children ____ by the nurse.
A. were looked B. looked after C. were looked after D. looked
17. They ____ printing 500 copies by the end of last month.
A. had finished B. have finished C. had been finished D. have been finished
18. They ______ day and night.
A. are made work B. are made to work C. made to be worked D. are making to work
19. Chang'an Road is ______of people.
A. filled B. fill C. full D. fulled
20. A strange thing _____ in our school yesterday.
A. was happened B. has been happened C. happened D. was going to happen
21. — Must I come here at eight o'clock ? — No，you ____. You may come a little later.
A. mustn't B. needn't C. may not D. can't
22. When the teacher came in，the students stopped ____ and became quiet.
A. talking B. to talk C. saying D. to say
23. I'll finish my homework ________ a minute.
A. for B. at C. in D. with
24. Don't let the children play with knives，or they may cut ______.
A. them B. themselves C. they D. theirs
25. —_____ do you listen to Radio English? —Every day.
A. How many B. How often C. How much D. How long
26. This math problem is so difficult that ____ students can work it out.
A. a few B. few C. a little D. little
27. —No matter ____ he does，he is always careful.
—You are right. He is the most careful boy in our class.
A. what B. where C. when D. how
28. If it ___ rain，I'll go.
A. doesn't B. won't C. don't D. isn't
29. —What's the weather like tomorrow? —The radio says it is going to be even _____.
A. bad B. worse C. worst D. badly
30. Do you mind _____ the radio a little bit? I'm doing my homework.
A. turning on B. turning down C. turning off D. turning up
三. 完形填空 （共10分，每小题1分） 根据短文内容选择正确答案
I was riding my motorbike along a country road near Chilton on the evening of February 15. I it was about 9:30. It was and I couldn't see things clearly. So I was driving very ，but the road was bad and suddenly my bike a stone，and before I could stop my bike，I was already on the ground. My whole hurt，especially(特别) my left arm. I knew I was bleeding(流血)，and I get up. Luckily I was by a policeman. He made a telephone call and I was taken to the and lots of cuts. My arm was put in a cast(石膏绷带) and my cuts were and bandaged(包扎).
31. A. told B. said C. guess D. thought
32. A. dark B. far C. long D. later
33. A. fast B. well C. carefully D. carelessly
34. A. kicked B. hit C. beat D. touched
35. A. standing B. sleeping C. waiting D. lying(躺)
36. A. mind B. body C. head D. arm
37. A. couldn't B. didn't C. wouldn't D. might not
38. A. caught B. held C. led D. found
39. A. police station B. village C. doctor D. hospital
40. A. stopped B. repaired C. served D. cleaned 159
A traveller(旅行者) came out of the airport(飞机场) There were a lot of taxis. He asked every taxi－driver his name. Then he took the third one. It cost 5 dollars(美元) from the airport to the hotel.―How much does it cost for the whole day?‖ the man asked.―100 dollars， ‖said the taxi-driver. This was very dear，but the man said it was OK.
The taxi-driver took the man everywhere. He showed him all the parks and museums in the city. In the evening they went back to the hotel(旅馆). The traveller gave the taxi-driver 100 dollars and said，―What about tomorrow? ‖The taxi-driver looked at the man and said，―Tomorrow? It's another 100 dollars. ‖But the man said，―That's OK! See you tomorrow. ‖The taxi-driver was very pleased.
The next day the taxi-driver took the traveller everywhere again. They visited(参观) all the parks and museums again. And in the evening they went back to the hotel. The man gave the taxi-driver 100 dollars again and said，―I'm going home tomorrow. ‖The taxi-driver was sorry because he liked the traveller and，above all，100 dollars a day was a lot of money.―So you're going home. Where do you come from?‖he asked.―I come from New York.‖―New York!‖said the taxi-driver，―I have a sister in New York. Her name is Susannah. Do you know her?‖―Of course I know her. She gave me 200 dollars for you! ‖
41．Where did the traveller come from?
A．England B．America C．Canada D．France
42．Why did the traveller take the third taxi? Because ____.
A．the other taxi-driver asked for more money
B．the third taxi-driver was a kind-hearted(热心肠的) man
C．he didn't want to spend his own money on the coming visit
D．the other driver didn't like him
43．Usually the cost of the travelling one day may be ____.
A．＄100 B．＄200 C．less than ＄100 D．more than ＄200
44．Who asked the traveller to give the money for the taxi-driver?
A．The traveller's sister. B．The traveller himself. C．Nobody.
D．The driver's sister.
45．The driver was unhappy ____.
A．when he heard the traveller's last words
B．when the traveller asked every taxi-driver his name
C．when the traveller asked him for his sister's name
D．during the two-day visit
When tea and coffee were first introduced to Europe in the 18th century，people had different ideas about their use. Some said that tea and coffee were harmful to humans and they could cause people to die.
In Sweden(瑞典)，King Gustaf Ⅲ decided to find out whether or not this was true. It happened that there were two brothers in prison at that time. They were twins and were almost exactly alike in every way. They had both been sentenced to death(判处死刑). The King decided to let them live if one of the men agreed to drink several cups of tea each day and the other several cups of coffee.
Both brothers lived many years without problems of any kind. At last，the brother who had drunk tea every day died at the age of 83，the other died a few years later.
Because of the experiment，tea and coffee got accepted(接受) and became popular as drink in Sweden，and it is one of the many countries of the world where much tea and coffee is drunk today.
46. Tea and coffee were first introduced to Europe in ______.
A. the eighteenth century B. the eighteen century
C. eighteenth centuries D. eighteen centuries
47. King Gustaf Ⅲ decided to find out ______.
A. if(是否) tea and coffee were harmful to people
B. if the twin brothers should be sentenced to death
C. if tea and coffee did harm to people's health and caused them to die
D. whether tea and coffee were useful or not
48. The King decided to let the brothers live ______.
A. if they wanted to obey his rules
B. if they agreed to drink tea and coffee every day
C. if one of them drink several cups of tea each day while the other had several cups of coffee
D. if they agreed to have several cups of tea every day
49. The brother who had drunk tea every day lived ______.
A. until he was over 83
B. until he was 83
C. until the other had been dead for several years
D. until he had drunk tea for a few years
50. Today the Swedish drink ______.
A. much more coffee than tea B. much tea and coffee
C. little tea and coffee D. much tea but little coffee
Soon it would be the holidays. But before that，there were the end of year exams. All the students had been working hard for some time. If they didn't pass，they would have to retake the exams in September. There were usually a few who failed，but Kate decided not to be one of them. She had worked hard all day，but just before the exams she was working so hard that her sister was worried about her. She was staying up too late. The night before the first exam， Barbala 161
insisted(坚持) that she should have an early night and take a sleeping pill. She promised(许诺) to wake her in the morning.
As she was falling asleep，Kate was worried in case(万一) she over-slept. Her mind kept jumping from subject to subject. At last，with the help of the pill，she fell asleep. In no time at all，she was sitting in the examination hall， looking at the paper. She couldn't answer any of the questions. Everyone round her was writing pages and pages. However hard she thought，she couldn't find anything to write about. She kept looking at her watch. Time was running out. There was only one hour left. She started one question，wrote two sentences，gave up and tried another one. With only half an hour left she wrote another two sentences. By this time she was so worried that she started crying. Her whole body shook(摇晃，震颤). It shook so much that it woke her up. She was still in bed and it had all been a terrible dream. A minute later， Barbala called her name.
51. Which of the following is true?
A. All the students were usually successful in their exams.
B. Most of the students usually passed the year exams.
C. Only some of the students could pass the end of year exams.
D. None of the students would take the exams again in September.
52. When you prepare for an exam，________.
A. you go over your lessons. B. You read new books.
C. You take the exam again and again. D. You look through the exam.
53. Kate worked very hard before the exams for ______.
A. she was very poor at her lessons. B. she decided to be the best one in her class.
C. she didn’t work hard all year. D. she didn’t want to fail in them.
54. Why did Barbala insist that Kate should take a sleeping pill?
A. Because she thought Kate should oversleep before the first exam.
B. Because Kate was so worried about her exams that she couldn’t go to sleep at all.
C. Because Barbala hoped her sister would have a good sleep before the first exam.
D. Because she had promised to wake her up the next morning.
55. Kate dreamed a terrible dream simply because ______.
A. she had taken a sleeping pill. B. she was too worried about her exams.
C. her sister had forgotten to wake her up. D. she did not pass the exams.
56. u ______ v. to know or get the meaning of (something)
57. F ______ n. the second month of the year
58. f ______ n. popular way of dressing or behaving at a certain time
59. j ______ n. trousers made of strong cotton cloth (denim)
60. s ______ adj. unhappy
61. She bought some books for me last Sunday.（就画线部分提问）
____ ____ she ____ for you last Sunday?
62. Mr.Black teaches in a middle school.（改为一般疑问句）
____ Mr.Black ____ in a middle school?
63. My uncle worked in Shanghai for more than ten years. （就画线部分提问）
____ ____ ____ your uncle ____ in Shanghai?
64. Mike went to the park yesterday.（改为否定句）
Mike ____ ____ to the park yesterday.
65. The students are going to help the farmers to pick apples next Sunday.（就画线部分提问） ____ ____ the students ____ ____ ____ next Sunday?
66. 躺着看书对你的眼睛有害。 read，in bed，bad，your eyes
67. 我出生于1980年6月18号。 I，born，June 18，1980
68. 你最好不要在这条河里游泳。 you，swim，in the river
69. 今天是几号？ what，the，today
3. 第6格要求将You'd better…补充完整后，再至少写出一个完整的句子。
It was Christmas Day. My friends came to my house. We danced and sang together. We enjoyed ourselves very much. How time flied! It was time for us to exchange(交换) our Christmas presents. I went to my bedroom go get the presents. When I went into the room，to my surprise，I found my friend Ben my diary. It was impolite to do that! But Ben was laughing! I was 72 that I was about to cry. Ben felt a bit sorry when he found me standing 73 him. I hated him and shouted at him. He went out of my room at once and went home without saying goodbye to any of us. One of my best friends Any asked me why Ben so early. I told her what had just happened. She seemed to know what should do. She said to me，―Don't shout at him. You'd better .‖
1. envelope 2. skating 3. college 4. stamps
5. flower 6. coin 7. window 8. emperor
9. fast 10. kite
11. D 12. D 13. D 14. B 15. B 16. C 17. A 18. B 19. C
21. B 22. A 23. C 24. B 25. B 26. B 27. A 28. A 29. B
31. D 32. A 33. C 34. B 35. D 36. B 37. A 38. D 39. D
41．B 42．C 43．C 44．D 45．A
46．A 47．C 48．C 49．B 50．B
51．B 52．A 53．D 54．C 55．B
56. understand 57. February 58. fashio 59. jeans 60. sad 六. 句型转换 61. What，did，buy 62. Does，teach 63. How，long，did，work 64. didn't，go 65. What，are，going，to，do 七. 看词组句 66. Reading in bed is bad for your eyes. 67. I was born on June 18，1980. 68. You'd better not swim in the river 69. What's the date today? 70. Kate bought some vegetables on her way home yesterday. 八. 书面表达 71. was reading 72. so angry 73. in front of 74. went back / home / away 75. pardon him / get on well with him / say sorry to him.
How do you study for a test?
1. frustrating a. 令人沮丧的 2. memorize v. 记忆，背诵
3. pronunciation n. 发音 4. flashcard n. 抽认卡
5. solution n. 解决办法 6. not at all 根本（不） 全然（不）
7. end up 结束，告…终 8. laugh at sb. 笑话；取笑（某人）
9. take notes 做笔记，做记录 10.enjoy doing sth. 喜欢做…乐意做…
（2）I don’t think I can get an English tutor because I want to learn by myself at home. 我不想上英语辅导，因为我想在家自学
（3）I think surfing the internet is a bad way because you have to use a computer and always waste your time.
Some are singing and dancing under a big tree . Some are drawing by the lake. 有的在大树下唱歌跳舞，有的在湖边画画儿。
Your son will be all right by supper time. 你的儿子在晚饭前会好的。
How many English songs had you learned by the end of last term?
The monkey was hanging from the tree by his tail and laughing.猴子用尾巴吊在树上哈哈大笑。
The boy’s father was so thankful that he taught Edison how to send messages by railway telegraph. 孩子的父亲是那么的感激，于是他教爱迪生怎样通过铁路电报来传达信息。
One by one they went past the table in the dark. 他们一个一个得在黑暗中经过这张桌子。
What time is it by your watch? 你的表几点了?
6．和take , hold等动词连用，说明接触身体的某一部分。如：
I took him by the hand. 我拉住了它的手。
English is spoken by many people. 英语被许多人所说。（即―许多人讲英语。‖）
1) by the way : 意为―顺便说‖、―顺便问一下‖，常做插入语。如：
By the way , where’s Li Ping , do you know? 顺便问一下，李平在哪儿。你知道吗？
2) by oneself : 意为―单独‖、―自行‖。如：
I can’t leave her by herself. 我不能把她单独留下。
3) by and by : 意为―不久以后‖、―不一会儿‖。如：
But by and by , more and more people began to study English.
Fighting broke out between the South and the North.
Would you mind turning down your radio a little, please?
Babysitter’s job is washing，cooking and taking care of the children。
一. Match the questions and answers
1. Have you ever worked with flashcards?
2. Do you ever ask the teacher for help in your English class?
3. Do you like to work in a group?
4. Does reading aloud help you?
5. Do you like to study grammar?
6. What helps you study for a test?
a. No, grammar is too boring.
b. Yes, reading aloud helps my pronunciation.
c. Yes, but I didn’t like them.
d. Yes, the teacher is helpful.
e. I think watching English-language TV helps me study.
F. No, I don’t. Why would working in a group help?
二. Close test
Time spent in a bookshop can be enjoyable. If you go to a 1 shop, no assistant (营业员) will come near to you and say, ―Can I help you?‖ You 2 buy anything you don’t want. You may try to find out the book you want is . But if you fail, the assistant will lead (引导) you there and then he will go away. It seems that he is selling any books at all. There is a story which tells us about a good shop. A medical (医学的) student 5 a very useful book in the shop, it was too expensive for him to buy. He couldn’t get it from the library, either. So every afternoon, he went there to read at a time. One day, however (然而), he couldn’t find from its usual place and was leaving when he saw an assistant signing (示意) to him. To his surprise, the assistant pointed to the book it there so as not to be sold out.‖ Said the assistant. Then he the student to go on with his reading.
1. A. good B. bad C. cheap D. expensive
2. A. shouldn’t B. needn’t C. mustn’t D. can’t
3. A. what B. which C. where D. when
4. A. surprised at B. not surprised at C. interested in D. not interested in
5. A. bought B. found C. read D. took
6. A. but B. and C. so D. or
7. A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
8. A. the book B. the shop C. the assistant D. the shopkeeper
9. A. in a bookshop B. in his hand C. in a corner D. in his pocket
10. A. left B. let C. helped D. taught
Let children learn to judge (判断) their own work. When children learn to speak, other people do not correct (纠正) their mistakes all the time. If we correct too much, they will stop speaking. Let themselves understand the difference between the language they speak and the language other people around them speak. Day after day, they will make some changes to make their language like other people's language. In the same way, children can learn to do many other things without others' help. For example, to walk, run, climb, and ride a bike-make themselves understand how they should do it. Slowly they can make some changes they need.
But in school we never let a child himself find out his mistakes and correct them for himself. We usually think he never knows his mistakes if we do not tell him or he never corrects them if we do not make him do it. We should try to let him find out the answers to the problems, and the good ways of working them out with the help of other children if he wants.
Can teachers give the students answer books if they do maths problems? Let them correct their homework all by themselves. When the students tell their teachers that they can't find the ways to get the right answers, the teachers should help them. Let the students know what they must learn, how to judge their own understanding (理解力), how to know what they know or what they do not know. These are the most important.
(1).they text tells us that the children should learn things by(通过) _______.
A.listening to other people B.doing what other people do
C.making mistakes and then correcting them D.asking other people many questions
(2).Which of the following is right? The teachers _______.
A.never give the students answers B.don't let the students make mistakes
C.don't always correct the students' mistakes when they make mistakes
D.only give the students the answers when they do problems
(3).The writer thinks the teachers in school should _______.
A.let the students help each other B.teach the students less good ways
C.correct more of their homework D.teach the students more book knowledge
(4).This text shows that learning to speak is _______.
A.different from learning other things B.a very important thing
C.more important than learning other things D.just like learning other things
c d f b a e
7）选B，再如see much hear a little等。
9）选C，看下句put it there 可知。
leave sb 让某人或某物处于某种状态。
(3)选A。作者认为学校的老师应当让学生互相帮助。B 教给学生较少的好方法，错误。文章提倡教给学生好的方法。C 纠正他们作业中的更多错误，这种说法也不对，第三段中―Let them correct their homework all by themselves‖ 作者认为：让他们完全自己纠正他们的家庭作业而不应当是老师。D 教给学生更多的书本知识，文章提倡的是教给学生好的方法，此选项错误。
I used to be afraid of the dark
used to 曾经 dark 黑暗 spider 蜘蛛
insect 昆虫 sure 无疑，确实 chew 嚼，咀嚼
gum 口香糖 comic 连环漫画 right 立即，马上
be afraid of 害怕做… be interested in 对…感兴趣 be terrified of 对感到恐惧
（2）词汇复习 short hair 短发 curly hair 卷发 long hair 长发 straight hair 直发 tall 高的 short 矮的 （be）medium height 中等身高 thin 瘦的 heavy 重的，沉的 (have/has) a medium build 中等胖瘦 二、日常用语 1．I wasn’t very outgoing. 我性格不是非常外向。 2．You used to have long hair. 你曾经梳着长头发。 3．---Did you use to have straight hair? 你曾经留长头发吧？ ---Yes, I did. 是的，我曾。 4. —Did you use to have straight hair? 你过去是直发吗？ —Yes, I did. 是的。 5. —Did you use to play the piano? 你过去弹钢琴吗？ —No, I didn’t. 不，我不弹。 6. I used to be short when I was young. 我年轻时个子很矮 7. I used to be afraid of dark. 我过去害怕黑暗。 8. I’m terrified of the snakes.我害怕蛇。 9. —Did you use to be afraid of being alone? 你过去害怕独自一人呆着吗？ —Yes, I did. 是的，我怕。 10．— I used to eat candy all the time. 我曾一度一直在吃糖果。 — Did you? 是吗？ — Yes, I did. I used to chew gum a lot. 是的。我曾吃口香糖吃的很凶。 三、知识讲解 Section A： 1、Don’t you remember me? 难道你不记得我了吗？ 本句是否定形式的疑问句。 否定形式的疑问句一般在下述情况下使用。 （1）表示期待、请求或希望得到肯定答复时。 Don’t you remember that holiday we had in Spain? Yes, I do/ No, I don’t. 你难道不记得我们在西班牙的度假吗？ 不，我记得/是的，我不记得。 （2）想要表示惊讶、不相信或者夸张时。 ---Can’t you (really) ride a bike? 你真的不会骑自行车吗？ ---No, I can’t. 是的，我不会。 （3）表示想说服别人时。 ---Won’t you help me? ---No, I’m afraid I can’t. 是的，我恐怕帮不了你。 （4）表示批评或者表示厌烦、挖苦时。 Can’t you shut the door behind you? 你不能随手关门吗？ 170
Didn’t he do well!
Isn’t it cold here!
2、I used to be afraid of being alone. 过去我常害怕独处。
She lives alone in the house.
The old man’s wife died a year ago. He lives alone now, but he never feels lonely. 这位老人的妻子一年前去世了，他独自生活，但从不感到孤独。
（2）be afraid of 害怕……, 后面可接名词、代词和动词－ing 形式。
Are you afraid of snakes?
He is afraid of going out alone at night.
be afraid 后面还可接动词不定式，和宾语从句。
Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it.
1、When I was young, I used to have so much time, but these days I get up early and stay in school all day. 在我年纪小的时候，我常常有那么多的时间，但现在我早早起床，并且一整天都呆在学校里。
so much 用来修饰不可数名词，意思是―如此多的‖
so many 与可数名词连用
You eat so much food.你吃的太多了。
You have so many books to read.你有那么多要读的书。
used to 的用法如下：
否定句是didn’t use to….
·When I was a child, I didn’t use to like apples. 当我还是孩子的时候我不喜欢苹果。 疑问形式是did you use to…?
·Where did you use to live before you came here? 当你来这儿之前你住哪儿？
（2）含有used to 的句子的反意疑问句不要usedn’t + 主语，而用didn’t ＋ 主语。 He used to smoke, didn’t he? 他过去常常吸烟，是吗？
Yes, he did./ No, he didn’t. 是的，他吸。/ 不，他不吸。
（3）used to 表示过去的习惯动作， 而不是现在的。
I am used to the weather here. 我已经习惯于这里的天气了。
He is used to hard work. 他习惯于艰苦的工作。
（4）used to 可以和be, have 以及其他状态动词连用，描写过去的状态。 I used to be a waiter, but now I’m a taxi-driver.
★ 本单元的许多运用used to 的句子属于描述过去的状态。
Mario used to be short. 马力奥过去总是很矮。 Amy used to be outgoing. 爱米过去性格外向。 Tina used to have long and straight hair. 蒂娜过去有一头直的长头发。 He used to wear black shoes. 他过去常穿黑鞋。
Would与used to都可用来表示过去经常性或习惯性的动作，常常可以换用。如： When we were boys we used to/would go swimming every summer.
He used to/would spend every penny he earned on books．
People used to believe that the earth was flat．
He would go to the park as soon as he was free．
1. When I was a child, I used to ___________ strawberry.
A. liking B. like C. liked D. likes
2. It ___________ that he has been ill for a long time.
A. seems B. looks C. looks as if D. seems as if
3. He is afraid of ___________ strangers.
A. see B. seeing C. saw D. seen
4. I used to have short hair but now I have _____ hair.
A. curly B. long C. straight D. yellow
5. I don’t like going out. I’m very _______.
A. funny B. quiet C. quite D. active
6. My sister likes music. My father used to take her to the _______.
A. museum B. amusement park C. concerts D. hospital
7. ___________ study in No.4 Middle School?
A. Did you used to B. Did you use to C. Do you used to D. Do you use to
8. Don’t ___________ about things so much. It will make you stressed out.
A. afraid B. terrify C. terrified D. worry
9. I used to be shy. I couldn’t ___________________.
A．alone B. speak in front of a large group C. say anything D.try
10. It _________ that Yu Mei has changed a lot.
A. seem B. seems C. look D seemed
I used to travel by air a great deal of when I was a boy. My parents used to live in South America and I used to fly there from Europe in the holidays. An airhostess would take charge of 习惯于某事)by air and only on one occasion have I ever felt frightened. After taking off, we were flying low over the city and , when the plane suddenly turned round and flew back to the airport. While we were waiting to land, an air-hostess told us to keep calm and to get off the plane quietly as soon as it had touched down. Everybody on board was worried and we were curious to find out what had happened. Later we learned that there was a very important person on board. The （被告诉，得知）that a bomb had been planted on the plane. After we had . Fortunately, nothing was found and five hours later we were able to take off again.
( ) 1. The writer used to fly much when he was a boy.
( ) 2. The writer’s parents used to live in South Africa.
( ) 3. While they were waiting to land, an air-hostess told them not to be calm.
( ) 4. Nothing was found and nine hours later they could take off again.
( ) 5. There was really a bomb on the plane.
1. B ―主语+used to+动词原形+其它‖。 2. A it seems that。
3. B be afraid of doing sth. 4. B short和long是相对的。
5. B 这句话说的是我不喜欢外出，我很安静。 6. C
7. B 本题考查的是used to句型的疑问形式。 8. D 9. B 10.B
1. √ 2. × 3. × 4. × 5. ×
I have changed a lot in the last few years.
I used to be very thin and shy before, but now I have a medium build and I become outgoing