1. He prefers ________movies on TV to ________to the cinema.
A. to watch, go B. to watch, going C. watching, go D. watching, going
2. I’d like to visit a place ________the weather is not very hot this time of year.
A. which B. where C. when D. how
3. She prefers musicians ________clearly.
A. who sing B. who sings C. which sing D. whom sings
4. The day ________he first met us was February 12th.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
5. I want to go to the city _______I travelled last year again.
A. which B. where C. when D. what
6. I’ve done ________you’ve told me.
A. all that B. all what C. that D. how
7. Please give the book to her _______you meet Mary next time.
A. when B. whenever C. before D. after
8. To be _______honest, the man is _______honest.
A. an, an B. /, an C. /, / D. an, /
9. Junk food tastes good, but _________it is bad for our health.
A. much too B. too much C. much too of D. too much of
10. His vacation plan is ________the jungles.
A. trek through B. treking through C. to trekking through D. to trek
11. He has put off _________to Paris for further study.
A. consider going B. consider to go C. considering going D. considering, to go
12. ________trees must be planted every year.
A. Thousands B. Many thousand C. Thousand of D. Many thousands of
13. The kind man ________much of his money to charity every year.
A. gives out B. gives away C. hands out D. hands in
14. _________your hands if you have any questions in class, boys and girls.
A. Put up B. Put out C. Put off D. Put on
15. Jack is in trouble. We need _________ways to help him out.
A. to think about B. thinking of C. to think up D. thinking up
16. Jack ________his father. They’re both tall and outgoing.
A. takes after B. looks after C. looks like D. is like
17. My bike is broken. I have to get it ________today.
A. fix up B. to fix up C. fixing up D. fixed up
18. After a whole term of busy studying, we want to ________to relax ourselves.
A. go to somewhere relaxing B. go to relaxing somewhere C. go somewhere relaxing D. go relaxing somewhere
19. --Jenny, ________my pen to me, please. –OK. I’ll go to the next room now.
A. bring B. take C. fetch D. get
20. Could you please tell me ________________?
A. what is your address B. where do you live
C. who the man is D. which book do you prefer
But Jim’s high school didn’t have a boys’ dancing club a girls’ one. He tried to join the girls’ club. And he made it.
beginning. The school didn’t allow Jim in the girls’ club. ―If we let Jim stay in the club,‖ the headmaster said, ―other boys will want to join. Soon, there 法官 was not right to take off Jim and told the school to let Jim go back to the club.
1. A 15 year old B. 15 years old C. 15-year-old D. 15-years-old
2. A. Likes B. Liking C. Like D. To like
3. A. doing B. to do C. does D. did
4. A. to join in B. to join C. joining D. joining in
5. A. beside B. besides C. except for D. except
6. A. had been B. has been C. is D. have been
7. A. stays B. stay C. staying D. to stay
8. A .won’t have B. won’t be C. will be D. wouldn’t be
9. A. with B. of C. at D. for
10. A. he B. them C. it D. this
Two magazines recently listed the best cities to live in. Here are two of the cities listed as ―the world’s best.‖ SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA The city has comfortable weather all year round (15°C to 26°C ). Housing is not very expensive in San Jose. Also, many of the city’s older neighborhoods are very beautiful and have small hotels and cafés(咖啡馆). Beautiful mountains are around the city. You can visit them easily from San Jose. So lots of people go sightseeing there every year. But air pollution is a problem in the city center.
HONG KONG, CHINA This lively city—once a small fishing village—is today an international business center. It is an interesting mix of East and West, old and new. Modern tall buildings are next to small temples (庙宇). Popular nightclubs are close to traditional teahouses. Busy people fill the streets at all hours of the day. But outside the city, there are parks for walking or relaxing. Hong Kong is famous for its wonderful native dishes. There’s also food from Europe, North America, and other parts of Asia. However, this small city has a large population. Nearly seven million people live in Hong Kong! That’s why housing is often very expensive. Traffic and air pollution are also a problem.
.1.Which of the following is not mentioned about San Jose?
A. The weather. B. The mountains. C. The air. D. The traffic.
2. What makes Hong Kong the world’s best according to this passage?
A. The lively city and the wonderful dishes. B. The beautiful mountains and the lively city.
C. The expensive housing and the food. D. The city and the people.
3. The writer thinks housing in Hong Kong is expensive because .
A. it was a small fishing village B. it is a mix of East and West
C. it is famous for its wonderful food D. there are too many people in the city
4. What do the two cities have in common?
A. They both have beautiful mountains. B. They both have a large population.
C. Air pollution is a problem in both. D. They are both crowded.
5. From the passage, we can know that
A. San Jose and Hong Kong are the only two cities of the world’s best
B. San Jose has more natural sights than Hong Kong does
C. the weather in both cities is fine D. Hong Kong is the more popular city of the two
Sally was a student. It was going to be her mother's birthday. She wanted to buy her a present that would be
nice and useful but not expensive.
She went shopping after a quick and simple lunch. After she looked for half an hour, she found a shop that
was selling cheap umbrellas, and she decided to take a black one.
She thought, ―Mom can carry it when she is wearing clothes of any color.‖ So she bought a lovely black
umbrella and took it to school with her until her class finished.
On her way home on the train she felt hungry because she had so little for lunch. So she went to the buffet
car (餐车). She left the umbrella on her seat. But when she got back, it had gone!
Sally began to cry. The other passengers felt very sorry for her and asked what the matter was. She told them
the black umbrella she bought for her mother had gone, and she had to get off at the next station. After the three
passengers heard this, they asked her for her mother's address so that they could send the umbrella to her if
someone took it by mistake and brought it back.
And now a week passed. Sally got a letter from her mother. It said ―Thank you very much for your lovely
gifts, but why do you send me three black umbrellas?‖
1. Which sentence has the same meaning as ―Mom can carry it when she is wearing clothes of any color‖?
A. Mom must carry it when she is wearing any clothes B. Mom is beautiful in any clothes.
C. The color of the umbrella is OK for Mom's clothes of any color.
D. Mom can buy any clothes that she likes to wear.
2.Where did Sally find the umbrella missing?
A. On the train. B. At her school. C. At the train station. D. In the shop.
3. From the passage, we can know that _________.
A. Sally's mother would write to her if she didn’t receive the gift
B. one of the umbrellas must be sent by Sally
C. the three umbrellas were sent by the three passengers
D. nobody on the train took away the umbrella
4. The best title for the story is ―_________‖.
A. A lucky girl B. The story of an umbrella C. On the train D. A happy mother
5. The writer wants to tell us _________
A. we should look after our things when we are traveling
B. if we show our love to others, we can get love from others
C. we should often send our parents gifts D. it’s no use crying when we are in trouble
1. Sunny English Club is for ______ .
A. nurses B. policemen C. businessmen D. students
2. You will pay _______ if you want to stay in the English club for half a year.
A. 300 yuan B. 600 yuan C. 1200 yuan D. 2400 yuan
3. You can visit Ocean Museum _______ .
A. on Saturday B. on Wednesday C. on Monday D. anytime
4. One can get free examinations in Health Centre if he is _______ .
A. 9 B. 17 C. 67 D. 73
5. If you are interested in the life of fish, you should go to ______ .
A. Health Centre B. Ocean Museum C. Sunny English Club D. 16 Yong Le Street
1. The Yellow River is the second _________river in China.
2. Drivers should stay away _________wine.
3. --What’s the _________news today? --Sorry, I haven’t read the newspaper yet.
4. --Who teaches the girl French? --Nobody, she learns it all by ________.
5. –I’d like to travel to a place in South China. Could you please _________me with some information?
6. Most of her well-known photos will be on display, ________some of the great photos of people.
7. Her dream is to sail _________the Pacific Ocean.
8. Mr. Green will visit his father ________next month.
1. They never have agreements. They’re never _________ _________.
2. I like singing better than dancing. I _______to sing rather than ________.
3. Be quiet, or the teacher will be angry. _______you _______quiet, the teacher will be angry.
4. There’re no sharks or seals in the aquarium. There ________ ________sharks or seals in the aquarium.
5. Do you know the boy playing soccer? Do you know the boy ________ ________playing soccer?
6. I’ll go there at once. I’ll go there ________ ________.
A: What CD did you hear recently?
B: One called Hero.
B: Mariah Carey, an American singer, sings the song.
B: Pretty good. I like it very much.
B: It makes me more confident. Besides, I like her songs very much.
B: Yes, she is my favorite. And she sings among the best. What about you? ______________________________? A: I prefer music that has great lyrics.