Do you want to watch a game show?
Talk about preferences; Make plans
Do you like to watch TV?
What’s your favorite programme?
中央电视台新闻 晚间新闻 体育新闻 世界报道 天气预报 实话实说 连续剧 人与自然 情景喜剧
CCTV News Evening News Sports News World’s Report
Tell it like it is
Man and Nature Sitcom
What are these TV shows?
talk show 脱口秀
sports show 体育节目
soap opera 肥皂剧
sitcom = situation comedies
game show 竞赛节目
talent show 才艺表演
1a Match the TV shows with the pictures [a-g].
1.talk show____ e
2.soap opera____ d
3.sports show____ b c 4. sitcom _______ 5.game show_____ a g 6.talent show_____ 7.news ________ f
1b Listen and number the shows [1-4] in the order you hear them.
3 ____talent show 4 ____soccer game
____talk show 1 2 ____ news
What do these faces mean?
like don’t mind
don’t like can’t stand
What do you think of English?
What do you think of English?
I like it . I love it . / I don’t like it. /I don’t love it.
I don’t mind it.（不介意,不反对）
I can’t stand it.(无法忍受) A:I like it.
What do you think of talent show?
I love talent show.
What do you think of game show?
I like game show.
How do you like sports show?
I don’t mind it.
How do you like soap opera?
I don’t like them.
What do you think of talk show?
I can’t stand it.
1c Practice the conversation. Then make your own conversations. A: What do you want to watch? B: What do you think of talk shows? A: They’re Ok. I don’t mind them. B: Then let’s watch a talk show.
1. Do you want to watch a game show?
1) want vt. 意为“需要；想要”。 want + n 想要…… I want a sweater. 我需要一件毛衣。 The boy wants to go to Taiyuan.
want to do sth 想要做某事
e.g. If you want to be respected, please learn to
respect others first. 如果你想别人尊重你，就请先尊重别人。
want sb to do sth 想让某人干某事……
I want her to go to a movie with me. 我想让她和我去看电影。
2. What do you think of game shows?
1) What do you think of ...?
2) =how do you like…？ “你认为··怎么样？” ·· ·· 谈论对某事物的喜好程度,don't like it./ I like it./I don't mind it./I 可选择的回答有： I can't stand it./I like it very much./I love it./ It's beautiful./They're fantastic.
3. I don’t mind them.
mind: 介意; 在乎; 反对。其后接名词或v-ing 形式或从句作宾语，常用于疑问句、否定句、 条件句中。 (表示请求或征求意见) Would you mind doing …? e.g. Would you mind opening the door? Do you mind …? e.g. Do you mind my dog?
4. I can’t stand it! 我不能忍受它/我受不了它！
stand 1)“站, 站立” e.g. Stand up! 起立
2) “顺利接受; 忍耐、忍受” (多用于
否定句、疑问句) , 后可接动名词。
e.g. I can’t stand the movie! It is too boring!
Mary couldn't stand the hot weather.
Can you stand the pain? 你忍受得了疼吗?
I can’t stand waiting any longer.
I can’t stand your being treated like that.
Ⅰ. Fill in the blanks.
1. My grandfather likes wearing fashion clothes. doesn’t mind He ____________ what young people think of ________ (认为)him. can’t stand 2. The old men ____________ rock music. They think it’s too noisy. loves 3. Her sister _______ soap opera. That’s her favorite. don’t like 4. I __________ to go shopping with Mother. It’s crowded in the store.
5. --What _____ you think of soap operas? do can’t them --I ______ stand ______.
do 6. --What _____ your classmates think of sports shows?
don’t them --They _____ mind ______. 7. --What _____ she think of my new shirt? does doesn’t it -- She _______ like _____. does 8. --What ______ Tony think of the food? --He likes _____. it do 9. --What _____ they think of the cat? it --They love _____.
1. 你觉得肥皂剧怎么样? 我受不了。 What think of soap ______? ________ do you ______ ___ _____ operas I ______ ________ _______. can’t stand them
2. 他不喜欢情景喜剧。 doesn’t like _______. He _______ _____ sitcoms 3. Tina对运动节目不在乎。 doesn’t mind sports shows Tina _______ ______ ______ ______.
4. Tony认为谈话节目怎么样? 他很喜爱它。 does talk show --What ______Tony think of _____ _____? loves -- He ________ it. 5. 我哥哥喜欢体育世界而我姐姐喜欢情景喜剧。 likes while My brother ______ Sports World _______ my sitcom sister likes ________．
6. 你认为这条裙怎么样? 我无法忍受它的颜色。 --What do you think of this skirt? --I can’t stand its color. 7. 你妈妈喜欢访谈节目吗? 非常喜欢, 因为她认为它们很有趣。 --Does your mother like talk shows? --Yes, she does. She thinks they’re interesting.
1. She loves soap operas. (变成一般疑问句, 并作 否定回答) --Does she love soap operas? --No, she doesn’t. 2. Sally went to bed early last night. (变成否定句) Sally didn’t go to bed early last night . 3. Dick doesn‘t mind talk show. (变成 what 引导 的问句) What does Dick think of talk show?
4. Rick's mother loves sitcoms. (变成否定句)
Rick's mother doesn’t love sitcoms.
5. I wear colorful clothes because I want to be young and beautiful. (就划线部分提问) Why do you wear colorful clothes?
Don’t watch TV too much! It’s bad for your health and study.
1. 了解中央电视台有关的电视栏目名称。 搜集自己喜欢的电视节目的相关资料。 (包括电视栏目名称,主持人以及播出时间) 2. Write down your report.