新湘版 八年级(下) Unit 5
Unit 5 Feeling Happy
Topic 1 Why all the smiling faces? Section A
Teaching aims and demands
Get the students to describe and express feelings and emotions.
What did you do in Spring Festival?
How did you feel during that time?
1. How are you /How are you doing?
2. You look so happy, Why?
3. Did you have a good holiday?
4. Why all the smiling faces?
Look , listen and say
We are so happy. What about
Kangkang and Michael? Listen and try to find the answers. Kangkang looks excited. Michael is so happy.
Look, listen and say
Kangkang: Hi! How are you doing?
Jane: Very well, thank you. You look so
Kangkang: Guess what! My father and
mother want to invite your
parents to go to the movie.
Maria: Really? What movie are they going to see? Kangkang: The sound of Music. Jane: Oh, it is one of my favorite movies. When are they going?
Kangkang: This Saturday. And we can spend the evening at my house. My mom will prepare delicious food for us. Michael: Wow! That’s great! I’m so happy. Please say thanks to
1. How are you doing?=How are you? 你最近好吗？ 2. You look excited. look是系动词，后接形容词excited 做表语, 构成系表结构.常见的这类 动词有: feel, smell, sound, taste, turn, get, become, go等.
e.g. Trees turn green in spring. 树木在春天变绿。 3. Guess what! My father and mother want to invite your parents to go to the movie. 猜猜看！我父母想邀请你们的 父母一起去看电影。
(1)Guess what! 用于即将告诉某人令其惊
(2) want 的用法:
want sth.想要某物 I want a new pen.
want to do sth. 想做某事
He wants to play basketball. want sb to do sth 想让某人做某事 The teacher wanted his students to study hard.
(3) invite sb. to do sth. 邀请某人做某事 May I invite you to go shopping with me? 我能邀请你一起去购物吗？ invite sb. to … 邀请某人去（某处） Mr. Wang invited me to his birthday party. 王先生邀请我去参加他的生日宴会。
4. one of …, ……之一 , 后面的名词
要用复数 The sweater is one of my favorite clothes. He is one of the tallest boys in his class.
5. spend 花费, 主语一定是人 spend time/money on sth. 花费时间 或金钱做某事 He spent ten yuan on his book. spend time /money in doing sth. 花费时间或金钱做某事 He spent ten yuan in buying his book.
6. prepare … for ... 为 …而准备 My mom prepared food for us. 7. I’m so happy. Be 是常见的系动词,
8. say thanks to … 向(代我) …表示感
谢. 类似的短语还有:say hello to sb.
向…问好say goodbye to sb 向…告别
9. worry与worried 请仔细观察下面的例句，看看 worry与worried的含义与用法有何不 同，然后补全结论部分所缺内容。 【例句】 A. Don't worry about me. I'll finish it on time. B. Worry ca
n make people ill. C. Tomorrow's exam worries me.
D. The worried woman is talking about her lost son. E. His parents are always worried about his English study. 【结论】 1. (1)当worry用作不及物动词时，意 为“担心、发愁”，常与介词about 连用，如例句 A ； (2)当worry用作及物动词时，意为 “使担心、使发愁”，如例句C；
(3)worry还可以用作名词，如例句B。 2. worried是形容词，意为“担心的、发 愁的”，它在句子中可以作定语，如例句 D ，也可以作表语，如例句E，作表语时， 常与介词about连用。
【运用】 请选用worry的适当形式或worried填 空，每空一词。 1. Mother always ________ when I worries stay out late. worried 2. Are you still ________ about the game this Sunday?
3. The old man had a ________ look worried on his face. worry 4. Will it ________ you if I make a fire here? 5. Tom is very naughty. His parents worry ________ about his future a lot.
none与no one 请仔细观察下面的例句，看看 none与no one的含义与用法有何不同， 然后补全结论部分所缺内容。 【例句】 A. None of the reasons were true. B. None of us thinks your answer is right.
C. No one thinks your answer is right. D. —How many people did you see? —None. E. —Who went to see the film? —No one.
【结论】 1. _______既可以指人也可以指物，表 none 示提到的人或事物中“没有一个”， 而_______意为“没有人”，只可以指 no one 人，且没有明确指出在哪个范围内 “没有人”； no one 2. _______可以和of连用，而_______ none 不可以； none 3. _______常用来回答以how many开 no one 头的问句，而_______常用来回答以 who开头的问句。
【运用】 请试着翻译下面的句子。 1. No one can speak Japanese here. ______________________ 这里没人会讲日语。 2. None of them can speak Japanese. 他们中没人会讲日语。 ______________________ 3. No one wanted to do it. 谁也不想做这件事。 _____________________
4. None of my classmates like the game. 我的同学中没人喜欢这个游戏。 __________________________ 5. It is none of your business. 这与你毫不相干。 _________________
How are you doing? Use the following words from the text to describe yourself. excited want The Sound of Music spend happy say thanks to
Choose suitable words to describe each picture.
Work alone and describe the pictures with suitable words. worried funny happy sad angry afraid active
Kangkang is/looks/feels happy.
The man is/looks funny.
The little boy is very pleased with his new bike.
The teacher is/looks/feels angry and the student is/looks/feels afraid.
The girl is/looks/feels sad.
The woman is/looks/feels very worried and the boy is/looks/feels sad.
1. Why all the smiling faces? 2. How does Mr Lee feel? Listen to the tape of 3a and find the
They are going to spend the evening
at Kangkang’s house.
2.He feels disappointed.
Listen and answer the questions.
1. How do the students feel? They feel very happy. 2. How does Mr Lee feel? Why? He feels disappointed. He didn’t buy a ticket to the movie.
1. Why all the smiling faces? 为什么你们都笑容满面? (1) 此句是省略句, 完整形式应为: Why do all of you have smiling faces? (2) why是用来回答because 的原因状语 从句. 如: Why didn’t he go to school yesterday? Because he was ill.
2. I went to buy a ticket, but there
was none left.
left是 leave 的过去分词. 在此做形 容词. 意思为: 剩下的,留下备用的 none 是代词, 表示“几个人或物中 没有一个”。
I was going to offer you some cakes
but there’s none left.
3. What a shame!=What a pity!
Talk about the following pictures in
pairs after the example.
A: How does the food taste? B: It tastes so delicious.
A: How do the children look? B. They look very happy.
A: How does the music sound? B: It sounds wonderful.
A: How do they feel? B: They feel excited.
the rich landlord
Complete the two stories.
happy/unhappy popular/unpopular poor/rich smart/silly kind/cruel Ji Gong is very poor, but he is smart/kind kind/smart __________ and __________. He often helps others. He is popular very ________ with the poor. So happy he is always _______.
silly The landlord is rich but _____. He is ______ to the poor, so he cruel unpopular is __________ with the people. unhappy He is __________.
系动词+ 形容词 常见的系动词有: be, look, become, get, seem, feel, taste, smell, sound He is happy. You look excited. The music sounds great.
He feels tired.
lucky, worried, sad, happy, excited
1. He won in the long jump. He was
very______. excited 2. The old man is very ___ because of sad his lost purse.
3. Mary gets a bad cold. Her mother is worried about her. ______ 4. We sang and danced in the party last night. We were so _____. happy 5. I got many birthday parents. I was______. lucky
1. __ Saturday, I often go to see a movie. A. In B. At C. On 2. We all felt __ after we knew the __ news. A. excited , excites B. exciting, exciting C. excited, exciting
3. We are ___. We all have good parents. A. surprised B. lucky C. rich 4. - I want to go but there were no tickets left. - ______. A. What a pity B. Sorry C. OK
5. – Why is he so worried? -Because he wanted us ___, but we can’t now. A. go with him B. going with him C. to go with him 6. –A: _____. –B: I’m fine, thanks. A. How is she? B How are you doing? C How do you like it?
【 我来尝试 】 Ⅰ. 请根据句意从方框中选择恰当的词 并用其适当形式填空，每词限用一次。 feel, taste, become, look, sound 1. When Miss Yang saw Kate talking in c
lass, she _______ angry. became 2. —You _____ unhappy. What's look wrong? —I lost my bike.
3. The food in that restaurant ______ tastes delicious. 4. —This song _______ beautiful. sounds Can you teach me to sing it? —With pleasure. 5. Mr. Smith ____ disappointed felt because he couldn't go to the party.
Ⅱ. 请根据汉语意思，完成下列英语句子， 每空一词。 1. 我将邀请吉姆明天到我家来。 I will ______ Jim ___ my home tomorrow. invite to 2. 瞧！妈妈正在为我们准备可口的饭菜。 Look! Mom is __________ delicious food preparing ___ us now. for
3. 王老师很担心李明的英语。 Mr. Wang ___ _______ about Li is worried Ming's English. 4. 请向我们的老师道谢。 Please _____ _______ to our teachers. say thanks 5. 历史是我最喜爱的科目之一。 History is _____ ___ my favorite one of subjects.