新 湘 版 八年级(下) Unit 5
Unit 5 Topic 1 Section D
Teaching aims and demands:
1.Learn to find the useful information,
and get the general idea of the passage. 2.Learn to get the new information to complete the short passage from the material heard.
3. Help students to know about Beijing
Opera. 4. Sum up the main patterns and communicative phrases of Topic 1.
Which do you like better, movies or Beijing Opera? Do you like Beijing Opera?
Do you know anything about Beijing
Peking Opera has a history of 200 years. There are four roles in it. They are Sheng, Dan, Jing, Chou. Would
you like to know them? Let’s look at
Read 1a, guess the meanings of new words according to the context and do the true or false exercises. (T) 1.Beijing Opera came into being more than 200 years ago. (T) 2.Wusheng and Huadan are roles in Beijing Opera.
(T ) 3.Its stories are from Xipi and Erhuang. ( F) 4.Few people in China like Peking Opera.
New words and key points:
①. express ②. culture
⑥. be full of
1.Read and complete 1b.
2.Check the answers .
As we know, good people will
eventually be rewarded. So do the
roles in Beijing Opera. Let’s read 1c.
Listen to 1c. Finish the short passage.
New words: agree, peace
Work alone Listen and complete the passage.
The stories in Beijing Opera are very
interesting __________. Some of them are from
history books, but most are from famous novels. The people in the stories agree usually can’t __________ with each other.
They become angry, unhappy, _____ sad and lonely. Sometimes they are frightened and________. Then they worried find a way to make peace with each other. The stories usually end with happy happiness. Everyone is _______ in the
1. It came into being after 1790. 京剧是在公元1790年后形成的。 come into being 形成，诞生 2. The stories usually end with happiness. end with 以……结束 She ended the class with a song.
2 Written work One day, Mr. Wang was on his way to the hotel. He was very excited. But when he reached the hotel, he found his ID card was lost. He was very upset. He looked for it everywhere, but he couldn’t find it. Mr. Wang was so worried. What should he do?
Just then, a man walked to him and asked if it was his ID card. He was so surprised because he thought he wouldn’t ever find his card again. He was very happy and grateful.
Grammar focus Linking verb +adjective You look excited. I feel disappointed.
The boy seems worried.
The food tastes so delicious.
It smells terrible.
Did she sound worried? She was very sad and went mad. The father was lonely and often became angry because of the noisy children.
How are you doing?
Very well, thank you.
Guess what! Please say thanks to your mom. Why all the smiling faces? How nice!
Michael isn’t able to come. That’s too bad! I hope everythi
ng goes well. I’ll ring up Michael later.
1.Work in four to sum up the main points of every section. Each student of each group is responsible for one section. Put your results together, make a report to the whole class. Share the main points.
2. Collect some material about your
favorite movie, play or story.
3. Discuss it in groups. The following
questions may be useful.
What’s your favorite movie /play/story?
Are the people in it happy or sad?
Why? What happens in the end? 4. Give a report about your discussion to the class.
【 我来尝试 】 Ⅰ. 请根据句意及汉语提示，写出所 缺单词。 1. Do you know what the _____(主要 main 的) problem is? 2. If we want to learn a foreign language well, we should learn more about its _______(文化). culture
3. She finished her talk with a strange gesture _______(手势). peace 4. The Chinese love ______(和平) and want to get on well with the people in other countries. 5. He was so excited that he couldn't express ________(表达) himself well.
Ⅱ. 请根据所给标点将下列词语组合成 完整的句子，注意字母的大小写。 1. full, of, the, room, is, smoke _______________________. The room is full of smoke 2. young, Pan Weibo's, are, songs, people, with, popular Pan Weibo's songs are popular with _________________________________ young people ____________.
3. stories, end, happiness, most, with, Beijing Opera, in Most stories in Beijing'Opera end with __________________________________ happiness _________. 4. the, end, peace, each other, two, made, countries, with, in, the __________________________________ The two countries made peace with each _____________. other in the end
5. the, club, being, did, come, into, when When did the club come into being _______________________________?
Ⅲ. 请写出下列短语对应的汉语意思。 为……做准备 1.prepare for ____________ 向……道谢 2. say thanks to ____________ 一张……的票 3. a ticket to / for sth. ____________ 京剧 4. Beijing Opera ______ 骄傲，自豪 5. be proud of ____________
对……感到满意 6. be pleased with _______________ 摆放餐具 7. set the table __________ 发烧 8. have a temperature ______ 照顾 9. care for _____ 由于，因为 10. because of ____________ 使振作起来，使高兴起来 11. cheer up _______________________ 落入 12. fall into _____
13. in the end ____________ 最后，终于 形成，成立 14. come into being ____________ 充满 15. be full of ______ 16. be popular with 受……的欢迎 ____________ 以……结束 17. end with ____________ 与某人和解 18. make peace with sb. ____________ 【 合作攻关 】 请同学们编写一个有关京剧的小故事， 然后讲给你的同伴听，看看谁讲得最 棒！
Chinese New Year is a special holiday 1
everyone. At those days, family
members 2 all over China meet together.
They enjoy 3 , eating, and having a good
amily members talk 4 success and failure. They share news of the last year. Plus, they show each other pictures and 5 stories. Younger people have fun 6 . They can 7 lucky money.
It’s also a time to 8 the new year. People clean their houses 9 new year. During new year, friends visit each other. And people wish each other good luck.
There’s probably just only one bad
thing in Chinese New Year – traffic. People say 10, on some days, the road is like the world’s biggest parking lot.
( B) 1 A on B for C at (C) 2 A in B at C from (A) 3 A talking B to talk C talked ( B) 4 A with B about C in (C) 5 A speak B talk C tell (A) 6 A playing B play C plays ( B) 7 A gets B get C getting ( A) 8 A welcome B come C have (C) 9 A after B in C before (C) 10 A where B what C that
阅读理解 I like every day, but my favorite day is Saturday because it’s interesting. I can do a lot of things on that day. My name is Jane. I usually sing my favorite songs at 8:25. At 9:00, I study geography. I like geography very much. It’s my favorite subject. Then I study history. It’s difficult, but interesting.
I can learn a lot of things from it. After that, I have lunch. My mother cooks very well, and I enjoy every meal. Then at 13:00, I study English. It’s really an exciting job. I have some interesting ways to learn English. I sing English songs, I read many English stories and I also see English movies. I like English.
1. Why does Jane like Saturday? Because it’s interesting and she can _______________________________ do a lot of things on that day ___________________________. 2. Doesn’t Jane like English? Yes, she does ____________. 3. How does Jane study English? She sings English songs, reads many _______________________________ English stories and also sees English _______________________________ film ____.
4. I have some interesting ways to
learn English. ( 翻译成汉语) 我有一些有趣的方法来学英语 ____________________________.