1. I have a little brother. He is 8-year-old boy.
A. an B. a. D. the C./
2. This bike repaired.
A. is able to B. can C. can be D. is able to be
3. This class is about to begin .
A. now B. very soon C. before D. just now
4. For a long time they walked without saying________ word. John was the first to break________ silence.
A. a; the B. the; a C. a; / D. the; /
5. We will see________ even stronger China in________ near future.
A. a; the B. an; the C. the; a D. an; a
6. They want their daughter to go to________ university, but they also want her to get________ summer job.
A. /; a B. the; a C. an; a D. a; the
7.--- This is________ dictionary I bought you in Beijing last week. I think it’s_____ useful one for you.
---Thank you, Mum.
A. an; the B. the; an C. a; the D. the; a
8. ---My son seldom has________ breakfast.
---It is ________ unhealthy habit. You must ask him to change it.
A. /; an B. the; an C. /; a D. the; a
9. ____ girl who will perform at the party tomorrow comes from _____ European country.
A. The; a B. A; the C. The; an
10. Mr. Jackon keeps lots of________ on his farm.
A. sheep B. chicken C. goose D. panadas
12. ---My English teacher visited Australia last summer.
---Which city did he visit?
A. Paris B. Washington C. London D. Sydney
13. With the help of his friends, he changed a lot. Maybe that’s the ________ of friendship.
A. station B. energy C. decision D. invention
14. The __ of the great book, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, is Mark Twain.
A. theme B. price C. owner D. writer
15. As for learning English, students who read a lot can do much better than____ who don’t.
A. those B. that C. these D. them
16. Lily and her sister look the same. I can’t tell one from ________.
A. other B. another C. the other D. others
17. I think____ can make Andy change his mind. He is such a person who never
gives up easily.
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
18.---Will you go to the London Olympic Games with your sister?
--Dad can only afford one ticket, so________ of us has to stay at home.
A. either B. all C. both D. neither
19. ---________ is your father?
---A bank clerk. He works in a bank near my home.
A. where B. How C. What D. Which
20.---Do you need a new dictionary, Susan?
---No, Mum. My uncle bought me________ yesterday.
A. one B. it C. the one D. another
21. We all like the story about the teacher___happened in our school last week.
A. which B. who C. whom D. what
22.---Did Liu Ying and Liu Li come to your birthday party, Tina?
---I had invited them, but ________ of them showed up.
A. both B. all C. none D. neither
23. He wrote his _______ novel when he was ________.
A. five; fifties B. fifth; fifty C. fifth; fiftieth
24. ________ of his works were written in his ________.
A. One-third; fifties B. One-third; fifty C. One-thirds; fifties
25. There ________ twelve months in a year. September is the ________ month.
A. are; ninth B. is; ninth C. are; nineth D. is; nineth
26. ________ trees will be planted on that mountain next spring.
A. Thousands of B. Two thousands C. Two thousand of D. Thousand of
27. ---I hear your friend is visiting Sanya again. Is it the second time for him? ---Yes, and he will come for ________ time next spring.
A. a third B. a second C. the third
28. The Old Town of Lijiang is ________ with tourists for its beautiful old buildings.
A. popular B. famous C. special D. different
29.---Have you ever been to Paris, one of ________ cities in Europ?
---No. But one day I might go there on vocation.
A. the pleasant B. the most excited C. more wonderful D. the liveliest
30. The world’s population is growing____, and there is_____ land and water for growing rice.
A. larger; less B. larger; fewer C. more; less D. more; fewer
31. Farmers have become ________ in our home town in recent years.
A. more and more rich B. richer and richer C. more rich and more rich
32. You should practice more to improve your English, then you’ll be ________ at it.
A. good B. better C. best D. the best
33. ________ exercise you take, ________ you’ll be.
A. The fewer; the fatter B. the less; the fatter C. The less; the more fatter
34. They have got such a ________ table.
A. round wooden brown B. round brown wooden C. brown round wooden
35. ---Mum, my little sister is crying all the time.
---Mary, be________! She feels sick. You should take good care of her.
A. patient B. lazy C. polite D. fair
36. The population problem may be _______ one of the world today.
A. the most B. most difficult C. the greatest D. more interesting
37. ---Now more people are paying attention to the school bus safety.
---So we believe ________ there will be fewer accidents in the future.
A. loudly B. strongly C. lovely D. carefully
38. We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen ________ we speak.
A. as twice much as B. twice as much as
C. as much as twice D. as much twice as
39. The accident happened ________ 7.00 p.m. ________ 9.00p.m.
A. from; to B. between; to C. from; and D. between; and
40. We can be thankful every day, not just ________ Thanksgiving Day.
A. in B. on C. to D. by
41. I gave up the piano lessons because I have so much homework to do, but it’s ________ my own wishes.
A. in B. on C. for D. again
42. ________ he exercises every day, ________ he is very healthy.
A. Because; so B. Because; through C. Because; / D. Though; /
43. Cross the road carefully, ________ you’ll keep yourself safe.
A. so B. or C. but D. and
44. ____he is only 12, he often goes to the old people’s home to perform plays for the old people as a volunteer.
A. If B. Since C. Though D. Because
45. It ________ Mr Green an hour to fix up his bicycle yesterday.
A. cost B. paid C. spent D. took
46. ---What smells terrible, Ted?
---I’m sorry. I’ll ________ shoes and wash them at once.
A. take away B. put away C. move away D. get away
47. ---Allen, your bedroom is in a mess.
---Sorry, Mum. I’ll _______ my things at once.
A. put on B. put away C. put out D. put up
48. After winning the badminton championship at Wuhan Sports Centre in May, the Chinese players faces ________ with joy.
A. made up B. took up C. put up D. lit up
49.---I want a ticket to Shanghai this afternoon, please.
---OK. Will you please ________ me your ID card?
A. tell B. serve C. send D. show
50.---Haven’t I told you that you should be home earlier?
---Yes, but I ________ home earlier than I usually do.
A. was coming B. will come C. came D. had come
51. ---Have you ever been to Singapore?
---Yes. I ________ there last year with my parents.
A. go B. went C. have been D. was going
52. ---What did Yang Ying say?
---She said they ________ a school trip the next weekend.
A. will have B. had C. would have D. have
53. ---Why was he late for school yesterday?
---He overslept. By the time he got to the bus stop, the bus ________ already ________.
A. was; leaving B. has; left C. would; have D. had; left
54. We make it rule that each of us _______ the bedroom one day a week.
A. has cleaned B. have cleaned C. cleans D. clean
55. Everyone except Tom and Mike _________ Kunming before.
A. has gone to B. have gone to C. has been to D. have been to
56. ---Do you like reading books?
---Yes. Each of us ______to do more reading in and after class.
A. are encouraged B. encourage C. is encouraged D. is encouraging
57. As the curtain____, the famous singer came out. The fans___and screamed with excitement.
A. was raised; rose B. had been raised; were raised
C. rose; were raised D. had risen; raised
58. Alice__some advice on how to improve her listening skills, and she gladly accepted Miss Green’s.
A. gave B. was given C. gives D. is given
59. I _____ little time to get ready for the test, so I wasn’t confident at that time.
A. gave B. didn’t give C. was given D. wasn’t given
1. dead/ die/ death/ dying
(1) dead是形容词，意思为“死了的、无生命的”，表示状态，可以与一段时间连用。 The tree has been dead for ten years.
The rabbits are all dead.
(2) die是动词，意思为“死、死亡”，是一个瞬间动词，不能与一段时间连用。 My grandpa died two years ago.
The old man died of cancer.
The memorial hall was built one year after his death.
His death is a great loss to us.
(4) dying 是die的现在分词，用作形容词，意思是“垂死的、即将死去的”。
The doctors have saved the dying man.
The poor dog had no food, it was dying.
2. borrow/ lend/ keep/ use
We often borrow books from our school library.
I borrowed this dictionary from my teacher.
You can borrow my recorder for three days. ( 错误 )
I have borrowed this book for only one week. ( 错误 )
Thank you for lending me your bike.
He often lends money to his brother.
You can keep my recorder for three days.
I have kept this book for only one week.
3. leave/ leave for
We left Shanghai two years ago.
He left his cell phone in the taxi last week.
(2) leave for意思是“前往”，表示要去的目的地。
We will leave for Tibet next month.
The train is leaving for Moscow.
4. since/ for
(1) since用于完成时态，既能用作介词，也能用作连词，后常接时间点，意思是“自从”。 He has been a worker since he came into this city.
I have never seen him since we last met in Shanghai .
Since you are interested in it, just do it. 既然你对它感兴趣，那就做吧。
You can have fun now since you’ve finished your work.
I have learned English for five years.
They have waited for you for 30 minutes.
They missed the flight for they were late.
He fell ill for many reasons.
5. neither/ either/ both
(1) neither作代词是对两者都进行否定，意思为“两者都不”，作主语时谓语动词用单数. Neither of the boys is from England.
I know neither of them.
She neither ate nor drank yesterday.
Neither he nor we play football on Sundays.
Either of the books is new.
She doesn’t like either of the films.
Either school is near my home. Either question is difficult.
Either he or I am right.不是他就是我是对的。
Either my sister or my parents are coming to see me.
(3) both作代词时，指的是所涉及到的“两者都”, 故作主语时,谓语动词用复数形式。 I like both of the stories.
Both of my parents are teachers.
Both his arms are hurt
Both these students are good at English.
both用作连词时，多与and搭配，表示“既…又, 不仅…而且”, 作主语时,谓语动词仍用复数形式。
Both piano and violin are my bobbies.
They study both history and physics.
6. find/look for/ find out
(1) find强调找的结果，意思是“找到”。此外还有“发现，发觉”的意思，后可接宾语从句。 Jim couldn’t find his hat.
Have you found your lost keys?
He found the lights were on along the street.
(2) look for的意思为“寻找”，指的是找的动作而非结果。另外，还有“盼望，期待”的意思。 She is looking for her son.
We’ve been looking for the car since early this morning.
I look for the coming holiday.
7. stop doing/ stop to do
(1) stop doing是指停止做某事，即doing这个动作不再继续。
They stopped debating.
He had to stop driving as the traffic lights changed in to red.
(2) stop to do是指停下来开始做另一件事，即停止原先的事，开始做do这个动作。 She stopped to have a rest. They stopped to talk.
8. except/ besides
Everyone is excited except me. All the visitors are Japanese except him.
9. such/ so
Don’t be such a fool. He is such a clever boy.
He is so kind! Why did you come so late?
当名词前有many, much, few, little等表示多、少时，应该用so。
He has so many friends. Only so little time is left!
10. either/ too/ also
She is not a Japanese, I’m not, either. My sister doesn’t like this song, either.
He likes China, too. Are you in Grade 3, too?
We are also students. He also went there on foot.
11.cost/ spend/ pay/ take
The new bike costs me 300 yuan.
It will cost you a whole to read through this book.
What’s the cost of this TV set?
(2) spend一般用某人来作主语，表示“（某人）花费…，付出…”，也能指时间或金钱，指时间时常与 in搭配，指金钱时常与on或for搭配。
We spent two days in repairing this machine.
Mr. Lee spends $20 on books every month
They paid 70 yuan for the tickets.
He was too poor to pay for his schooling.
It’s hard for me to live with such low pay.我很难靠这么低的薪水生活下去。
(4)take也指“花费(时间、金钱)”，但通常用某事、某物做主语，或用形式主语it. How long will the meeting take?
It took me several hours to get there.
12. interested/ interesting/interest
He was interested in biology before.
(2)interesting的意思是“有趣的”，指能够给人带来兴趣的某人或某事物。 He is an interesting old man.