Unit 3 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes.
1. Fill in each blank with the correct word given. Change the form of the word if necessary. Then make your own sentences with each word. finish allow choose need clean up
1. You have to be 18 years old before you are allowed to drive a car. 2. What time do you finish basketball practice today? 3. Please clean up the classroom. It’s a real mess.
choose 4. I don’t know to
look good on me.
which pair of jeans. They both
5. Everyone needs to have at least eight hours of sleep a
Make sentences with the words and phrases.
finish allow choose need clean up
1. We have finished our conversations about friendship. 2. No one is allowed to spit on the floor in our school. 3. Have you ever been chosen to take part in the competition? 4. They need to change the parts of the machines. 5. Teenagers should be allowed to clean up the table at home after meals.
Learn the new words and read the article. old people’s home 敬老
sleepy adj. 困倦的;不活跃的 have … off 休息, 放假
Read this article. Write a letter to editor agreeing or disagreeing. Explain your reasons.
I would like to reply to the article “Helping and Learning” in your last newsletter. I agree with some ideas and disagree with others. The article said that students should be allowed to …
用方框中所给单词的适当形式完成句子。 pierce, license, choose, teenager, silly, wear
pierced 1. Don’t get your ears __________. Your parents will be angry with you. choose 2. He likes to ______ friends who are different from himself. license 3. You have to get a ______ if you want to open a shop.
4. His teacher asked him to stop _______ the earrings. 5. I made a _______ mistake and lost the game.
silly 6. We think that ________ shouldn’t drink and teenagers smoke.
根据括号中的汉语提示写单词。 1. My brother is making a ______ (研究) of Chinese study history. experience 2. It was a great __________(经历) and I hope to visit it again. present 3. I want to go out with you, but at _______ (目前) I’m too busy. 4. Li Lei isn’t interested in science. He often feels sleepy ______(困倦的) in science class. 5. Tom is a ________(成员) of our school English club. member 6. I will _________(答复) to your letter as soon as reply possible.
Tom can swim, and _____ ______ Jim. so can
stays up My father always _____ _______ to work.
clean up He has to _____ ______ the classroom every Friday.
not ______ enough My problem is _____ serious ______ to see the doctor.
Students shouldn’t be allowed _____ play video _____ _____ to games in class.
He is listening to music ______ ______ ______ books. instead of reading
I like to ______ _______ with my friends on spend time ______ weekends. 8. 应该允许青少年每天晚上看电视吗？ ______ Should teenagers _____ _______ to watch TV every be allowed night?
连词成句。 1. strict, our, is, teacher, us, with(.) Our teacher is strict with us. ___________________________________________ 2. part-time, take, jobs, to, should, students, be, allowed(.) Students should be allowed to take part-time jobs. ___________________________________________
3. should, you, wear, school, do, uniforms, students, think(?) Do you think students should wear school uniforms? ___________________________________________ 4. need, to, your, concentrate, more, on, studies, you(.) You need to concentrate more on your studies. ___________________________________________
从方框中选择适当的句子,补全对话。(其中有两个 多余选项) A. That’s nice. B. I have many rules at home. C. I can’t go shopping with my friends. D. I am not allowed to go out at night. E. Do you have any rules at home? F. I think our parents are too strict with us. G. What about you?
A: Peter, would you like to go to the movies with me tonight?
D B: I’d love to, but I can’t. (1)________
A: Oh, that’s too bad. My parents allow me to go out with my friends at night.
B B: You’re lucky. (2)__________
A: So do I. My parents don’t allow me to play computer games. (3)_______ G B: My parents allow me to play on weekends.
A A: (4)_________ Are you allowed to get up late on weekends?
B: Yes, I am. I can get up an hour later.
A: I am not allowed to get up late on weekends. And I have to do exercise every day. B: Me, too. (5)________ F A: I agree with you.
【2011贵州贵阳】B. 随着“创建全国文明城市”活动 的开展。《贵阳中学生英语报》正在开展校规校纪大 讨论。该报正在向各校学生征文。请你以 “Rules of My School”为题，写一篇征文，谈谈你对校规的了 解和认识。 要点如下： 1. 你所知道的校规（列举3条）； 2. 你对这些校规的认识； 3.请你对改善校规题意见 注意： 1. 文中不得出现真实的校名及姓名； 2. 必须写在答题卡上指定的位置，词数不少于80词。
Rules of My School There are lots of rules in my school. For example, we must clean our classroom every morning. I think it’s very necessary for us to keep it clean. And it’s good for our health. We have to wear school uniform every day. I think the uniforms are ugly. In my opinion, we should be allowed to choose our own clothes. We can’t talk in the classroom. As far as I am concerned, keeping quiet is good for studying.