taller tall -- ________ strong--________ stronger warmer warm--_______ deep --_______ deeper larger large--_______ thin-- _______ thinner hot -- ______ hotter sad -- ______ sadder fine --_______ finer funny--______ funnier
cooler cool--________ cold-- ________ colder younger young--________ light -- _______ lighter bigger big-- _______ fat -- _______ fatter wet -- ______ wetter nice --_______ nicer heavy--_______ heavier happy--_______ happier
翻译下列句子： 1.它是一个比香港更新的城市。 2.它正变得更大和更繁华。 3.深圳的人口比中国很多其他的城市的人口 要多。 4.它的街道更宽更干净得多。 5.在深圳，地王大厦 比其它建筑物高。
be +形容词比较级 + than + B” 意思为“A比B更……” 2.疑问词+be +形容词比较级, A +or +B? A和B相比，哪个更...?
It will become as busy as Hong Kong. 它将变得和香港一样繁华。 I am as happy as John. 我和约翰一样高兴。
肯定形式：A+be+ as+形容词原级+as +B
not as/ so...as 和...不一样
Read the words and expressions loudly.
Words and expressions
north n. a. south n. a. west n. a. hometown especially adv. 北；北方 在北方的；朝北的 南；南方 在南方的；朝南的 西；西方 在西方的；朝西的 故乡；家乡 尤其
Words and expressions
be famous for university island area low mountain mountryside umbrella
n. n. n. a. n. n. n.
因……而闻名 大学 岛；岛屿 地区；区域 矮的；低的 山；山岳 农村地区；乡下 雨伞
north n. 北；北方 adj. 在北方的；朝北的
e.g. Japan lies to the north of Philippines.
Is your home town in North China?
south n. 南；南方 adj. 在南方的；朝南的 e.g. She works on the south coast. 她在南方沿海地区工作。 North is the opposite direction to the south. 北是南的反方向。 west n. 西，西方； adj. 在西方的；朝西的 e.g. This country opens out to the west. 这个国家对西方国家开放。
university n. 大学
e.g. What is your major in university? 在大学你主修什么科目？ island n. 岛，岛屿 e.g. There are some banana trees on that island over there. 那边小岛上有几棵香蕉树。
countryside n. 农村地区；乡下 e.g. The young people from the countryside are honest. 这些乡下来的年轻人都很老实。 area n. 地区；区域 e.g. Earthquakes occur frequently in this area. 这一地区经常发生地震。
mountain n. 山；山丘 e.g. The mountain is 3500 meters high. 这座山有3500米高。 low adj. 矮的；低的 e.g. The office is in a low building. 办公室设在一幢低矮的房子里。
especially adv. 尤其 e.g. I love reading, especially novel. 我喜欢阅读，尤其是小说。
般的重要，不寻 常，强调“超过其他”，而毫无“目的 性”可言。例如:
I like maple tree, especially in autumn. 我喜欢枫树，尤其是秋天的枫树。 specially则表示为了某一特定目的而 “特意”“专门”采用某一方式做某事。 例如:
The meeting is specially arranged for 安排 you. 这次会见是特意为你安排的。
umbrella n. 雨伞
e.g. I left my umbrella on the car. 我把雨伞落在车里了。
Where is it? It’s England.
What is the capital of England? It is London.
How much do you know about London? Let me show you some famous places in London.
What is it famous for? It’s famous for Big Ben.
Tower of London
Houses of Parliament 议会大厦
Buckingham Palace 白金汉宫
Tower of Bridge
N(north) 北方 (northeast) (northwest)西北 东北 W(west)西方 东方 E(east)
east north south west
1. Cambridge is in the east of England. 2. London is in the south of England. 3. Bristol is in the west of England. 4. Manchester is in the north of England.
Manchester Cambridge Bristol
— Where is Manchester? — It is in the north of Manchester England.
— Where is London? — It is in the south of
— Where is Cambridge? — It is in the east of England. — Where is Bristol? — It is in the west of
Beijing Guangdong Chengdu Shanghai
1. Where is Cambridge? It is in the east of England.
1. Tower Bridge and the River Thames 2. Cambridge University and the River Cam
1. What’s the population of It is about Cambridge? 120,000. 2. What’s Cambridge famous for? Cambridge University. 3. How old is London? It’s about 2,000 years old. 4. What’s the weather like in England? It is never very hot in summer or very cold in winter.
Location Population Famous places
Cambridge in the east of England
London in the south of England
120,000 University, old buildings and churches
About 7.5 million Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge River Thames
countryside east home town island London mountains south university
England is part of a(n) (1)_________. It is island famous for its beautiful green (2)___________ with (3)___________ countryside mountains and lakes in the north, and hills and
villages in the south.
My (4)__________ is Cambridge, in the home town
(5)______ of England. It has lots of old east buildings and churches, and a wellknown (6)_________. It is smaller than university (7)_______, which is in the (8)________ south London of England.
1. I came from Cambridge, a beautiful city in the east of England. in the east of…表示“在……的东方”。 类似的表达如下： in the west of…表示“在……的西方”。 in the south of…表示“在……的南方”。 in the north of…表
2. It is on the river Cam and has a population of about 120,000. 1) on the river Cam 表示“在康桥河 畔”， on表示在河的沿岸。 2) have a population of …表示“有…… 人口”。指人口的多少用large或 small。
3. My home town is especially famous for its university. be famous/known for 表示“因……而闻 名”，后接闻名的原因。 be famous /known as作为...而出名 1. Now York is famous for its high buildings. 纽约以高楼大厦而闻名。 2.He is famous as a thinker. 他作为一个思想家而出名。
4. There are lots of old buildings and churches to visit. lots of =a lot of “许多，大量的”，后 面加可数名词或不可数名词。 例如：lots of buildings 5.Students and tourists enjoy trips along the river by boat.
6. England itself is part of an island,…
? ? ? be part of 表示“是……的一部分”。 e.g. Taiwan is part of China. 台湾是中国的一部分。
7. Tourists like the area of low moutains and beautiful lakes in the north, and the hills and pretty villages in the south.
1. Where is it?
2. What’s its population?
3. Is it big or small?
4. What is it famous for?
5. How old is it?
6. What is the weather like?
My home town --- Dalian 1. in the northeast of China 2. over six million 3. a big city 4. famous for beaches, the Underwater World, the Bird Park and the P9olar Region Zoo 5. over 100 years old 6. warm in winter and hot in summer
Dalian is in the northeast of China. It has a population of over six million.
It is a big city. It is famous for its beautiful beaches, the Underwater World, the Bird Park and the Polar Region Zoo. It is over 100 years old. It is warm in winter and hot in summer in Dalian.
I come from Dalian, a beautiful city in the northeast of China. It has a population of over six million. It is …
My home town is Dalian. It’s an important city in Liaoning Province in the northeast of China. It has a population of over six million. The city is over 100 years old. It has a lot of beautiful beaches like the Tiger Beach and the Bangchui Island Beach. Many people go there for holidays and for swimming every year.
Dalian is famous for Dalian Discoveryland Theme Park and Xinghai Square. They are very interesting and lots of tourists go to visit them. It is warm in winter and hot in summer in Dalian. The temperature doesn’t change very much and it is usually sunny. I think it is a great city.
? 方向词的短语 in the east of in the west of in the north of in the south of ? 重点短语 have a population of lots of be famous for
Guangzhou is ____________ of China. in the south
2. — 香港以什么闻名？
— What’s Hong Kongfamous for ____________?
— Victoria Peak.
3. 北京是中国的首都，它比南京人口多。 Beijing is the capital of China, and it has a _________________ than Nanjing. larger population 4
. 中国有大约五千年的历史，有大约13亿 人。 China is ______ 5,000 years old, ______ about with about 1.3 billion people.
1. Lady Gaga is famous ____ her beautiful voice.（2012福建南平） A. as B. with C. C for 2. — _____ the population of China? — It’s about 1.3 billion. (2012湖南衡阳） A. What’s B. How many is A C. How much is
3.Project Hope has built many schools ___ big classrooms and libraries. (2012辽宁大连）
D. with D