一．单项选择。从每小题所给的选项中选出最佳答案。（共25分） 1. You can improve your English＿＿ reading more.
A.in B.with C.by D.of
2.—What＇s the matter? —I′m having trouble＿＿who has taken my book. A.looking after B.looking for C.looking out D. looking up
3.—Does Kate often practice＿＿the violin after school? —Yes, she does. A.playing B.to play C.plays D.play
4. ＿＿you work harder, you will not pass the history exam. A. If B.Because C. Unless D.Until 5. All the Chinese people take ＿＿ Liu Xiang. A. pride B.proud of C. pride in D.proud in
6. He thinks _______ grammar is a great way to learn a language. A. study B. studying C. studied D. studies
7. Mr Wang ＿＿ a worker but he is an engineer now. A. used B. used to be C. was used D.uses to 8. She wants to give up ＿＿French.
A. learn B. learning C. learns D. to learn
9. ＿＿ is very important for parents to be there for their children. A. That B. This C. It D .When
10. Should I be allowed ____my own decisions? A. make B. making C. to make D. made
11. —I stayed up until 11:00 last night because I had to finish my homework. —___________.
A. So do I B. So did I C. So I do D. So I did
12. I think teenagers shouldn’t be allowed ____ swimming alone. A go B to go C going D. went
13. All the people were _______ when they saw the ______movie yesterday. A.excited, exciting B.exciting, excited C.excited,excited D.exciting, exciting 14. To my ,the children were at the story. A.surprise , surprised, surprised B. surprised, surprised, surprised
Csurprised, surprised, surprising D. surprise, surprised, surprising 15.Though he has ,he is not .
A.enough money,enough happy B. enough money, happy enough C. money enough, happy enough D. money enough, enough happy 16. The work is so difficult that I don′t know ______it. A.what to do B.how to do C.where to do D.which to do
17. It’s time for class, please stop ___. A talking B talk C to talk D.talked 18. The children it was dark. A.won’t ,until B./,until C. didn’t , until D.weren’t , until
19.His grandmother two years ago ,his grandmother’s made him very sad.
A.died ,death B.dying ,dead C.died ,died D.death, death 20. _________ he finished the work on time.
A.By the end B. In the end C. At the end D. On the end 21. I often ______ an hour in the morning reading English aloud. A. take B. spend C. cost D. pay
22.My hair is too long. I′ll have it ______ tomorrow. A. cut B. cuts C. cutting D. to cut
23. —Do you enjoy traveling by air? —No, it′s _______expensive. A. too much B. more much C. much D.much too
24. I don′t think________ should be allowed to ride bikes to school.
A. nine-year-old B. nine years old C. nine-years-old D. nine-year-olds 25. We have worked for three hours. Now let′s stop _____ a rest. A. having B. to have C. has D. had 二、 阅读理解（25分）
The best way of learning English is using it. The best way of learning English is talking in English as much as possible. Sometimes you’ll get your words mixed up(混合) and people will not understand you. Sometimes people will say things too quickly and you can’t understand them. But if you keep your sense of humour(
感), you can always have a good laugh at the mistakes you make. Don’t be unhappy if people seem to be laughing at your mistakes. It’s better for people to laugh at your mistakes than to be angry with you, because they don’t understand what you are saying. The most important thing for learning English is: Don’t be afraid of making mistakes because everyone makes mistakes every day.
26( ) The writer thinks the best way for you to learn a language is ___. A writing B using it C listening
27( ) What should you do in learning English?
A Be careful not to make any mistakes. B Write as quickly as you can C Speak English as much as you can.
28( ) When people laugh at your mistakes, you should _____ . A keep quiet B get angry C keep your sense of humour 29( ) When you make a mistake, you should _____. A not care B be happy C be unhappy 30( ) The story tells us that _____.
A. only foolish people make language mistakes B. few people make language mistakes C. no one can not make language mistakes
A. Canada B.Italy C. the USA D.China 32. The _________was born in 1770.
A. musician B. nurse C. businessman
33. Business@ the Speed of Thought is the name of a ______________. A. song B. book C. school D . film 34. Florence Nightingale died in_________. A.1931 B.1827 C. 1847 D.1910 35. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Yao Ming is playing basketball in America. B. Beethoven made over 1,ooo inventions.
C. Edison was born in 1820. D. Bill Gates worked in Microsoft in 1955.
My grandfather was a teacher. He was the headmaster of a school for boys between the age of thirteen and eighteen. I knew he was a kind and gentl man at heart, because when I was young, he gave me presents and set me on his knees(膝盖)， and told me stories. But I believed the boys at his school were afraid of him.
At school when he walked into a room, it was full of silence at once. When he looked at a boy with a certain look in his eyes, that boy went red in his face and looked down at his shoes. If a boy brought him poor, careless work that was not the best that the boy could do, my grandfather would throw the boy’s book across the room, shouting “Do it all again”
My grandfather was a very different man at school from I saw dayby day in his own room.
36.My grandfather was a teacher who gave the pupils presents.
37.I know my grandfather was kind and gentle because he let me sit on his knees and told me stories.
38. When he looked at a boy in a certain way, that boy went red in the face because his shoes were dirty.
39. My grandfather did not like the work that was not the best the boy could do. 40.When he received poor work,my grandfather threw the book at the boy.
For several years, Americans have enjoyed teleshopping-watching TV and buying thing by phone. Now, teleshopping is starting in Europe. In a number of European countries, people can turn on their TVs and shop for clothes, jewelry, food, toys and many other thing. Teleshopping is becoming popular in Sweden. For example, the biggest Swedish teleshopping company sells different kinds of things on TV in 15 European countries, and in one year it made $ 100 million. In France, there are two teleshopping channels(频道), and the French spend $ 20 million a year buying things through those channels. In Germany, until last year, teleshopping was on one channel for one hour every day. Then the government allowed more teleshopping. Other channels can now open for telebusiness, including teleshoping, because it allows people to do their shopping without leaving their homes. With all the problems of traffic in the cities, this is an important reason to allow more teleshopping. But at the same time, other Europeans do not like this new way of shopping. They call teleshopping “junk on the air”. Many Europeans worry about the quality of the things for sale on TV. Good quality is important to them, and they believe they can’t be sure about the quality of the things they see on TV. The need for high quality means that European teleshopping companies will have to be different from American companies. They will have to be more careful
about the quality of the things they sell. They will also have to work harder to sell things that the buyers can’t touch or see in person. 根据短文内容回答问题
41. In which countries can people teleshop? 42. What is teleshopping? 43. In which countries does the biggest Swedish company sell things? 44. What do some European worry about? 45. What must Europeans teleshopping companies do to make people buy things? 三、 词汇考察(28)
Last Sunday, while I ____1 ____ in a supermarket, I met a strange man. He was ___2 ___ and strong, and he was looking at me all the time. I was very unhappy and wanted to leave. But just at that time, the man came up and said “hello” to me. ____3 ____ my surprise, he called my name. But I really didn’t know____ 4____ he was. The man told me that his name was Mario and he ever was my classmate. After____ 5____ that, I remembered him. He ____6____ short and thin, also he was____ 7____ the dark. Now he changed. We talked happily till it was very____ 8____ . When we said “goodby” to each other, he said he was ____9____ afraid of the dark and
he didn’t go to sleep
with the light ____10 ____because he was a policeman. I listened and laughed. 1. China is a __________ country in the world.
2. Our hometown__________ a lot in the last few years. 四、书面表达。（15分）
3. We read aloud to practice every morning. 以“He/She sure changes”为题，介绍你的朋友成长变化，字数80---100.
4. We all take _________ in the Great Wall. 1.爱好：以前喜欢打乒乓球，看电视和聊天；现在喜欢弹钢琴，看书，和散步。
5. Many students were after a long week of class. 2. 外貌: 过去个子矮，短发； 现在个子高多了，长发。
6. Some people think grammar isn′t important. However, I feel_____. 3. 性格：过去内向；现在有些外向。
7. I become good at English and my teacher is very ______. 4. 学习：过去不专心听讲，英语学得吃力；现在比以前努力多了，对英语感
8.He tried to work out the math problem and at last he . 兴趣了。
1 He thinks this is his _______ (success) lifestyle. ___________________________________________________________________2 We would feel more ______ (comfort) and that is good for studying. ___________________________________________________________________3 We need time ______ (do) our homework. ___________________________________________________________________4 Teachers often tell us the ________ (important) of working hard. ___________________________________________________________________ 5 Jane is afraid of ______ (speak) in front of a group. ___________________________________________________________________6 Jack is very funny. He always makes us _______ (laugh). ___________________________________________________________________7 The famous writer spent nearly three years _____ (write) his new novel. ___________________________________________________________________8 What about ________ (listen) to some music? ___________________________________________________________________9 Anna wants to get her ears _______ (pierce) but I disagree with her. ___________________________________________________________________ 10 Is English widely _________ (speak) in your country? ___________________________________________________________________
A：You look worried, Lin Tao.
B: Yes, Mr Smith. I’m having _______ _______ English.
A:You said you are _________ in English . What’s the problem?
B:I can’t get the pronunciation right.My classmates can’t understand me and I’m afraid of _________ in front of the class. A:Well , listening can help. Don’t be afraid of _______
_______ when you speak English .Mistakes can also help us.
B:That’s a good idea.I’ll try that.
A:And ________ with a group can also help , I think.,You have someone to ma-
ke conversations With and when you have questions, you can ask him. .
B:Good idea,Mr Smith. Thank you.