课题： 预备课程 Lesson 8 B On the farm
Step 1 Warm-up
1. Enjoy a song
2. Ask and answer
1) Where is the mouse?
2) Where is the cat?
3) Where is the fish?
Step 2 Presentation
1. Present the prepositions of position by pictures.
(1) Look at the pictures in part B2 and practice
Where is …? It is …/ He is …
Where are…? They are…
(2) Look at the pictures in part B3 and practice
Where is the boy? He is …
Where are the birds? They are…
Where is the tree? It is …
Where are the animals? They are…
Where are the horses? They are…
Step 3 Reading
1. Present the new words.
farm, city, far away from, travel, train, cow, horse, duck, sheep, river, swim, wonderful
2. Task 1: Listen to the tape and finish the true(T)or false(F)questions.
1). There is a big tree beside the house. ( )
2). Behind the tree is my grandparents’ dog. ( )
3). There are also some sheep behind the tree. ( )
4). There is a river far away from my grandparents’ house. ( )
5). I often swim in the river on hot summer days. ( )
3. Task 2: Read the text and answer questions
1) Where do the boy’s grandparents live?
On a farm.
(2) Is the farm far away from his city?
No, it is not far away from his city.
(3) How do they travel there?
They often travel there by train.
(4) How long does it take from his home to the farm?
It takes about one hour and ten minutes.
(5)What can you see on the grass?
We can see some cows, horses and sheep on the grass.
(6) What does he often do on hot summer days?
He often swims in the river.
4. Task 3: Activities
(1) Find the differences
In Picture 1, there is a dog under the tree.
In Picture 2, there is not a dog under the tree.
(2) Stick new pictures to the right places.
T: Some new friends come to the farm today. Please put them to the right place. This is a new picture of the farm.
There is a tree on the right of the house. Under this tree is a bear. A lovely cat is beside the dog. A girl is on the right of the boy. A duck is between the boy and the girl.
Step 4: Homework
1. Use the prepositions to describe the things in your bedroom.
2. Think about it. How to translate them and what is the difference? a dog under the tree VS A dog is under the tree.
1.There is a dog ______ the tree. (在…下面)
2. There are some books _______ the bag.
3. I am _________ my father and my mother.（在…中间）
4. There is a dog ________ the river.（在…旁边）
5. Don’t swim _______ the river.
6. Lily is behind Lucy. Lucy is ___________ Lily.
7. There’s a lake ______ the left ______ the playground.
8. There are many birds ______ the tree.
My grandparents _____ ______ ______ ______.
This farm is ______ _____ _____ _____ our city.
My parents and I often _____ there _____ _____.
It _____ about _____ _____ and _____ _____.
This is a _____ of the _____.
There ______ a big tree _____ _____ _____.
_____ _____ _____ is my grandparents’ dog.
8. 在炎热的夏天， 我经常在河里游泳。
_____ hot summer days, I often _____ _____ _____ _____.