一. 单项选择：从下列各题所给ABCD四个选项中选择一个可以填入空白处的最佳选项。（共15小题， 计15分）
( )1. - Why are they standing around the house?
- Some policemen are in it. They want to know what _________ is inside, because there is strange noise every night.
A. mistake B. mess C. mystery D. smell
( )2. - Lily is the most hard-working student in our class. She can't be so careless.
A. Don't I think so? B. I think so. C. I hope so. D. I'm afraid so.
( )3. - Hey, what's that over there?
- You mean the dog in front of the house? It belongs to __________.
A. mine B. my C. I D. me
( )4. - What are you busy doing for?
- For the final exams. They are ____________. If I do better, my parents will take me to Qingdao this summer holiday.
A. crucial B. easy C. useless D. final
( )5. - Do you know whose dictionary it is?
- It _______ be Ann's. Look! Her name is on the first page.
A. must B. could C. might D. need
( )6. - Don't forget the light, Linda.
- I won't, Dad. I'll _________ the light before I leave.
A. turn up B. turn on C. turn down D. turn off
( )7. - Can you help me, Miss Yang?
- Sure. Glad to help if you have ______ problems.
A. some B. any C. little D. few
( )8. - That village needs medical help very much.
- We know. That's why we are going to send them a medical team which _____ five doctors and ten nurses.
A. makes up of B. deals with C. catches up with D. belongs to
( )9. - What do you think of your everyday homework?
- I don't like doing homework. Our math teacher gives us _______ homework every day. I hardly have my own time.
A. much too B. too much C. too many D. many too
( )10. - In my dream, I fell into the river, and you know I can't swim at all.
- Then what happened? ______ you _______ at last?
A. Did; save B. Have; saved C. Are; saved D. Were; saved
( )11. - There is a man __________ for you outside, Mr. Wang. Can he come in now? - No, please ask him to wait for a few minutes.
A. waiting B. to wait C. waited D. waits
( )12. - Do most of the women enjoy the concert?
- I think so. They were talking about it this morning, and they ______ exciting.
A. fell B. sounded C. looked D. heard
( )13. - Hi, John. Can I help you? You know one _______ cannot lift a small stone.
- Really, thanks, Lin. I'm trying to get someone for help.
A. hand B. finger C. person D. member
( )14. - Where's Mr. Wang? Has he been in the library?
- He _______ there. He was here just now.
A. can't be B. isn't C. mustn't be D. wouldn't
( )15. I __________ him for two week. What happened to him?
A. don't see B. didn't see C. haven't seen D. won't see
( )16. - Do you think it is easy to learn English well?
- I don't think so, but I find _______ interesting to learn this language.
A. that B. one C. this D. it
( )17. My mother asked me ___________ out because of the bad cold.
A. don't go B. not to go C. not go D. to go
( )18. - What did the teacher say just now?
- He asked us _________________.
A. where was John B. where John is C. where John was D. where is John
( )19. Don't _______ all the soap. Leave me some to wash with.
A. end up B. put up C. use up D. look up
( )20. - Look! Those people are fighting. Let's go to stop them.
- Can't you see? They _____________ a movie. Many people are watching.
A. were making B. will make C. had made D. must be making
( )21. All the Chinese people ________ the 29th Olympic Games to be successful.
A. hope B. help C. expect D. decide
( )22 Most of the students in the class like the boy ______ John from America.
A. is named B. named C. names D. naming
( )23. Mother often tells me _______ I’ll do in the future, try my best to do it well.
A. however B. whenever C. wherever D. whatever
( )24. Sally prefers drawing ______ playing the piano.
A. at B. for C. at D. to
( )25. Don’t _____ the lecture given by Professor Li next Tuesday afternoon. It is very important.
A. drop B. take C. miss D. leave
( )26. The old song ____ the man of the days living in the country 30 years ago.
A. told B. reminded C. caused D. offered
( )27. — Can you tell me the _____ of the novel?— Of course. It’s quite funny.
A. name B. author C. character D. feature
( )28. The great photos in the museum _____ people a lot last week.
A. had interest in B. were interested by C. interested D. were interested in
( )29. Some people like watching TV, but ______ say it is boring.
A. the other B. the others C. others D. other
( )30. I like food that _______ soft and sweet.
A. feels B. tastes C. sounds D. smells
( )31. — I have known much about the concert.— _______
A. Neither do I. B. Neither have I C. So will I. D. So have I.
( )32. — What do you ______Tom’s new CD?— Oh, I enjoy it very much.
A. care about B. get along with C. think of D. deal with
( )33. — Beijing is one of ______in the world today.— So it is.
A. big cities B. the biggest city C. bigger cities D. the biggest cities
( )34. — Excuse me, Sir. You can’t take photos here. Look at the sign “NO PHOTOS!” — Sorry, I _____ it.
A. don’t see B. haven’t seen C. won’t see D. wouldn’t see
( )35. — Mike, do you know the woman _____ is wearing a blue dress?
— She is a journalist from New Evening Paper.
A. which B. whom C. who D. whose
1. Most people are _____ ____（都赞成 ）that sleeping is very important for a person’s health.
2.You should never give up, _____ _____ （即使）the math problem is very difficult.
3. Children should eat _____ _____ _____ （饮食均衡）.
4.The things _____ _____（展出的） interested the old people.
5. Smoking can _____ _____ _____ _____ （增加患癌症的危险）developing cancer.
6. _____ （老实说）it was one of the worst books I’ve read.
7. He said the film ______ something he once did.
8. Doing eye exercises every day _____ your eyes.
9. He chose Germany, but personally Ｉ ______ （更愿意）go to Spain.
10. We all ______ the music played by Mr. Smith at the party last night.
11. He was late for the meeting _____________ (因为) the traffic jam.
12. You can't wake up a person who is _______________ ____ (装睡).
(害怕乘飞机), so he always goes for a trip in his own car.
14. A lion has _________________ (跑掉) its cage.
15. It's a nice day. Let's ______________ (去野餐).
16. People tell me how I can get to the station.
People tell me how ______ ______ ______ the station.
17. Mike didn’t see anybody enter the building before ten.
Nobody ______ ______ ______ ______ the building before ten.
18. The bench was so long that all of us were able to sit on it.
The bench was long enough ______ ______ ______ ______ ______.
19. I think that it is important to master a foreign language.
I think ______ ______ ______ ______ a foreign language.
20. Mary spent three thousand yuanon the color TV set.
The color TV set ______ ______ three thousand yuan.
21.Of all the songs, this is the most popular.
This song is more popular ______ ______ ______ ______.
22.Mother didn’t do the work for her little son, but taught him how to do it.
Instead of ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______, she taught him how to do it.
23.I don’t know either Russian or French.
I know ______ ______ ______ ______.
24.If you take a bus, you will get there in about two hours.
______ ______ ______ about two hours ______ ______ ______.
25.I’d rather watch TV at home than go to the cinema.
I prefer ______ ______ at home ______ ______ ______ the cinema.