1. I prefer music that has great lyrics. (P44)我更喜欢有好歌词的音乐。 prefer是及物动词，意为“宁愿，更喜欢”，相当于like better。 Which do you prefer(=like better), rice or bread?
句型拓展 ◎prefer sb to do sth 表示“宁愿某人做某事”。
They preferred their son to go to the countryside.他们宁可让儿子去农村。 ◎prefer+(doing) sth+to (doing) sth表示“宁愿……而不愿……”。 I prefer pears to any other fruit. 我喜欢梨胜过其他的水果。
My grandma prefers taking a walk to sitting in front of the TV.
◎prefer to do sth+rather than do sth表示“宁愿做……而不愿做……”。 My brother preferred to do his homework rather than go to the zoo. 我的弟弟宁愿做作业而不愿去动物园。
2. I like music that I can dance to.(P44)我喜欢能伴舞的音乐。
They danced to the disco music. 他们跟着迪斯科音乐跳舞。
3. The music reminds me of Brazilian dance music.(P46这音乐使我回想起巴西的舞蹈音乐。
remind sb of sb/sth表示“使某人回想起某人/某物”。
This song reminds me of China. 这首歌曲使我想起了中国。
Thank you for reminding me of the meeting I have to attend.
4. What do you think of it? (P46)你认为它怎么样？
think of和what连用，表示“觉得……怎样”，“认为……如何”，常用来询问对方对某人或某一事物的看法、感受、印象如何，相当于How do you like...? What do you think of the story?=How do you like the story?你觉得这个故事怎么样？
短语链语◎think highly of... “对……评价高”。
We think highly of their research in the field. 我们对他们在这领域里的研究评价很高。
◎think ill of... “对……评价不好”。Don’t think ill of him. 不要把他想得太坏。
5. I can’t stand music that.... (P46)我不能忍受……音乐。
动词stand在这里表示“忍受，经受”。Can’t stand doing sth
I can’t stand the fellow. 我不能忍受那家伙。
Can you stand the pain? 你受得了这疼痛吗？
I can’t stand crying when I hear the news
6. It does have a few good features, though. (P48)可是，它的确有一些好的特色。
You do look nice today. 你今天看起来真是漂亮。
She does talk a lot, doesn’t she? 她的确爱说话，不是吗？
◎助动词does可用在肯定句中，避免重复前面已经用过的某个动词。 She said she’d help me and she did. 她说她将帮助我，她也是这样做的。 ◎祈使句中用do可以使邀请的口气更加客气、热情或友好。
Do sit down! 请坐！
7. ... and some of her best loved photos are on display in this
本句中的on display表示“展出，陈列”，与on show同义。
They saw many old things on display (=on show).他们看到许多展出的文物。 New spring suits are on display (=on show) in the shop window.商店橱窗陈列着新式春装。
8. ...they don’t interest me as much. (P48)……它们同样唤不起我的兴趣。
The story does not interest me. 这故事引不起我的兴趣。
I try to interest him in our plan. 我设法使他对我们的计划感兴趣。 ◎interest sb in doing sth
He tried to interest me in buying the house. 他想说服我买这座房子。
That is as much as saying I am a liar. 那无异于说我撒谎了。
9. Whatever you do, don’t miss this exhibition. (P48)无论如何都别错过这次展览。
Whatever has a beginning also has an end. 凡事有始必有终。
Whatever you do, you should always do carefully.不管做什么，你都应该认真。
知识拓展:类似的词还有whenever, wherever, however,
Whenever I meet him, he says hello to me with a smile.无论什么时候我遇到他，他都微笑着和我打招呼。
The little boy went wherever his mother went.不论他妈妈去哪儿，这个小男孩都跟着。
In my own house, I can do whatever I wish. 在自己家中，我可以随心所欲。 Uncle Tom told his story to whoever wanted to listen.谁爱听，汤姆叔叔就把他的故事讲给谁。
10.I’m lucky to be here for my six-month English course. 我很幸运在这里上6个月的英语课。
six-month是由数词加名词构成的复合形容词，中间用连字符连接起来作定语修饰后面的名词。a two-month holiday=two months’ holiday =a holiday of two months两个月的假期
a twenty-floor building =a building of twenty floors一座二十层的楼 特别解析:注意：连字符后紧跟的名词必须用单数。
11. My host family is taking me over to an Indian film festival next
host 的意思是“主人，东道主（可数）”；host family则是指 “房东家”，表示“所借住的人家”。
China is the host country for the 2008 Olympic Games.中国是2008年奥运会的东道主。
A good hostess makes her guests comfortable. 一个好的女主人使她的客人十分舒适。
12. I’m not sure what to expect because I’ve never seen an Indian film.
expect是及物动词，意为“期待，盼望”，其后面常跟动词不定式、从句等。 She expects to come back on Sunday. 她预计星期天回来。
I expect that I’ll finish my homework in 10 minutes.我预计10分钟后就能做完作业。
What do you expect me to say to the teacher? 你希望我和老师说些什么？
13. People who eat a balanced diet should be healthier than those who only eat biscuits and hamburgers, shouldn’t they?
Proper diet and exercise are both important to health. 适当的饮食和锻炼对健康都很重要。
The doctor has ordered me a special diet. 医生给我安排了特殊的饮食。 定语从句
1、定语从句的功用和结构 2、关系代词和关系副词的功用 3、各个关系代词和关系副词的具体用法
This is the present that he gave me for my birthday. Do you know everybody who came to the party?
I still remember the night when I first came to the village? This is the place where Chairman Mao once lived.
I don’t like people who talk much but do little. The cars which are produced in Hubei Province sell very well.
2. 作宾语：She knows the person that I met yesterday.
He is the young man whose sister is a doctor? The girl whose father is a teacher studies very hard.
4. 作状语 I’ll never forget the day when I first came to Beijing.This is the house where I was born.
1. who 指人，在定语从句中作主语。例如：
The person who broke the window must pay for it.
The boy who is wearing the black jacket is very clever.
Do you know the young man (whom) we met at the gate？
Mr. Lee (whom) you want to see has come.
3. whose 指人，在定语从句中作定语。例如：
The girl whose mother is ill is staying at home today.
I know the boy whose father is a professor.
A dictionary is a book which gives the meaning of words.
Here is the book (which) the teacher mentioned yesterday.
I’ve read the newspaper that(which) carries the important news.
Who is the person that is reading the newspaper over there?
6. when 指时间，在定语从句中作状语。例如：
I’ll never forget the time when we worked on the farm.
He arrived in Beijing on the day when I left.
7. where 指地点，在定语从句中作状语。例如：
This is the house where we lived last year.
The factory where his father works is near the city.
四. 关系代词 whom， which 在定语从句中作介词宾语时，可以和介词一起放于先行词与定语从句之间，有时为了关系紧凑也可以将 whom 与 which 与先行词紧挨着书写，而将介词置于定语从句的后面，如：
That was the room in which we had lived for ten years.= That was the room which we had lived in for ten years.
1. 只能使用that,不用which 的情况：
(1) 先行词是all, few, little, nothing, everything, anything 等不定代词时。例如：All that he said is true.
(2) 先行词被only, no, any, all,等词修饰时。例如：He is the only foreigner that has been to that place.
(3) 先行词是序数词或被序数词修饰的词。例如：He was the second (person) that
told me the secret.
(4) 先行词是adj.最高级或被形容词最高级修饰的词。This is the best book (that) I have read this year.
(5) 先行词既包括人又包括物时。例如：He talked about the people and the things he remembered.
2. 只能用which，不用that 的情况：
(1) 在非限制性定语从中。例如：The meeting was put off, which was exactly what we wanted.
(2) 定语从句由介词+关系代词引导，先行词是物时。 The thing about wh
1. ---Who is the man _______ was talking to our English teacher?
---Oh! It’s Mr Baker, our maths teacher.
A. he B. that C. whom D. which
2. I hate the people ________ don’t help others when they are in trouble.
A. who B. which C. they D. where
3. The foreigner _________ visited our school is from Canada.
A. which B. when C. who D. whom
4. George Mallory was an English school teacher _______ loved climbing.
A. who B. whom C. he D. which
A. there B. when C. where D. which
6. Nobody knows the reason ______ she didn’t come to the meeting.
A. that B. which C. why D. when
7. The moon is a world ______ there is no life.
A. that B. which C. where D. why
8. He has forgotten the day _______ he arrived.
A. when B. where C. that D. which
9. He still remembers the days ______ he spent with your family.
A. when B. where C. that D. on which
10. Mr. White, ______ car had been stolen, came to the policeman.
A. who B. that C. whose D. which
11. He got to the village _______ his family once lived before liberation.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
12. This is the house _______ I want to buy.
A. in which B. that C. whose D. where
13. This is the house _______ our beloved Premier Zhou once lived and worked.
A. which B. that C. when D. where
14. He didn’t tell me the place _______ he was born.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
15. He lived in a small village, ______ was a long way from the railway station. A. that B. which C. where D. when 【中考范例】
1. (2004年哈尔滨中考试题) ---Does the teacher know everybody _______ planted the trees?
---Yes, he does. A. which B. whose C. where D. who2. The letter _______ I received from him yesterday is very important. A. who B. where C. what D. that。3. (2004年扬州市中考试题) ---Where is the scientist ________ gave us the talk yesterday? ---He has gone back to Qinghua University. A. whom B. who C. whose D. which4. (2004年益阳市中考试题)I hate people _______ talk much but do little. A. whose B. whom C. which D. who