train bike/ bicycle
take the train
take the bus
take the subway ride the bike
Match the words with the pictures.
1. take the train _____ 2. take the bus __ 3. take the subway _____ 4. ride a bike _____ 5. walk ____
How do you get to school?
I ride my/ a bike to school.
How does he get to school? He walks to school.
1. Bob 2. Mary
Listen and write the numbers next to the correct students in the picture.
4. Paul 5. Yang Lan 6. Jim
1c Make conversation with
A: How do you get to school? B: I take the take the bus subway. ride a bike
take the train
How does Mary get to school?
How does Bob get to school?
How does John get to school?
How does Paul and Yang Lan get to school?
one hundred and three
How long? Twenty-five minutes.
How far? Ten kilometers(公里).
A: How does Tom get to school? B: He walks to school. A: How long does it take? B: It takes him twenty minutes.
A: How does Jack get to school?
B: He takes the bus to school.
A: How long does it take? B: It takes about 30 minutes.
2a ? Listen and repeat the numbers.
84 105 99 200 72 61 ? Write the correct number next to the word. 72 sixty-one ______ seventy-two ________ 61
eighty-four ______ ninety-nine _______ 99 84 one hundred and five _______ 105 200 two hundred _______
2b Listen and complete the chart.
How long (minutes) Tom walk 20 minutes Jane take the bus on hour and 30 minutes How How far (kilometers) 2 kilometers 60 kilometers
Listen again. Check your answers in 2b.
Student A is Jane and Student B is Tom. Use the information in 2b to make conversations. How do you get to school? How long does it take …?
It takes _____.
It’s about _______.
How far is it from … to …?
Read the conversation and fill in the blanks.
How far (kilometers) 10 kilometers
How long (minutes) Lisa take the bus 20 minutes Jane ride the bike 15 minutes
Role-play the conversation. Hey, Jane? Is this your new bike?
Yes, I ride it to school every day.
10 kilometers 20 minutes
1. take the subway 乘坐地铁 take 用法 ? 乘坐某种交通工具去某地 take + the/a + 交通工具 + to + 地点 = get/go to + 某地 + by + 交通工具 e.g. He often takes the subway to work. = He goes to work by subway.
注意: 当home, here, there 作地点时, 不加to。 Linda takes the bus home. 琳达乘公交车回家。
1. I take the train to school. by train = I get to school __________. 2. She takes the subway to school. (同义句) gets by subway She _____ to school ___ _______.
3. Jenny rides the bike to school = Jenny gets to school ___ _____. by bike 4. Mr. Wang walks to school. (同义句) Mr. Wang _____ to school ___ ____. gets on foot
关于subway, subway train 和subway station 在美国，subway 表示“地铁”这一地下
交通系统或交通手段，常常用 take the subway 或 go by subway 来表达“乘坐 地铁”，但不说 take a subway 或 go by a / the subway。在英国，“地铁”称作 the underground, 谈及 subways，不是 表示“地铁”，而是表示“地下通道”。 例如： The London Underground 伦敦
subway train 表示“地铁列车”。例如： I’m on a subway train. I’ll call you later. 我在地铁上呢，我回头给你去电话。 subway station 表示“地铁车站”。例如： It takes him about five minutes to walk to the subway station from his home. 他从家走到地铁站约用5分钟的时间。
2. Lisa: How long does it take you to get to school? 丽萨：你到学校需要用多少时间？ Jane: About 15 minutes by bike. 简：骑自行车大约15分钟。
1) It takes + 人 + 时间 + to do … (事情) 是 一个十分常用的句型，其中动词 take 表 示“花费(时间)”。例如： It usually takes me five to ten minutes to get there by bus. 乘坐公交车去那儿我通常要花五到十分 钟的时间。
做某事花费某人多长时间。 It takes somebody some time to do something. It takes me ten minutes to get to school by bike. 骑车去上学花费我十分钟时间。
其中“时间”可用long(长久)、a short time(短时)等来表示。另外，“人”和 “所做的事情”则可视具体的上下文进 行省略。例如： It doesn’t take long to walk there. 走着去那儿花不了多长时间。 It’ll only take you a short time. 只花你一小会儿时间。
2) “by + 交通工具”属固定介词短语，表 示“乘坐、使用某种交通工具”。 例如： by bus 乘公交车 by train 坐火车 by bike 骑自行车 请注意，英语中 on foot 表示“步行； 走路”，而不是 by foot 或 on feet。
3. every 意为“每一”。如： every day 每天 every week 每周 我爷爷每天乘公共汽车去图书馆。 My grandpa goes to the library by bus every day.
— How long does it take you to school? — It takes me 10minutes to get to school by bus.
一、将下列句子译成英语。 1. 你怎样去学校？我骑车去学校。 How do you get to school? I ride the bike (to school). = I get to school by bike. 2. 她怎样去学校？她乘火车去学校。 How does she get to school? She takes the train (to school). = She gets to school by train.
二、写出下列句子的同义句。 1. Tom takes the bus to school.
Tom gets to school by bus. 2. I walk to school every day.
I get to school on foot every day. 3. They go to the USA by plane. They take the plane to the USA.
1. They ride their bikes to school. (就画线部分提问）
How do they ____ ___ ____ get to school?
2. It takes 50 minutes to get here. (就画线部分提问） _____ ____ does it take to get here? How long ____
Make conversations with one of the pictures below.
seven kilometers 25 m
five kilometers 10 minutes
two kilometers 8 minutes
Thank you very much!