1. —Have you ever been to ________ West Park?
—Yes, it?s ________ good place with lots of flowers and grass.
A. the; a B. /; a C. the; the D. the; /
2. Find ways to praise your children often, ________ you?ll find they will open their hearts to you.
A. but B. and C. or D. so
3. —How can I get a better score in the examination?
—Try to do the exercises ________ and make ________ mistakes.
A. more careful; fewer B. more carefully; fewer
C. more carefully; less D. more careful; less
4. —Lin Tao, can I use your English dictionary?
—Sure. But you ________ return it before the class.
A. can B. may C. must D. would
5. —When will you come to help me with my computer next week?
—________ day is possible. It?s no problem with me.
A. Either B. Neither C. Every D. Any
6. —Look at the sign over there.
—Oh, parking ________ here. We had better move the car.
A. doesn?t allow B. isn?t allowed C. didn?t allow D. wasn?t allowed
7. It?s hard for a small boat to run ________ the wind.
A. through B. across C. against D. during
8. —Do you know ________ Mr. Li left our town?
—I?m not sure. I only remember it was a Saturday.
A. when B. how C. why D. whether
英语试卷 第 1 页 （共 10 页）
9. —Lucy got a nice skirt. Do you know ________?
—Yes. She told me her aunt bought her as a birthday present.
A. how much did it cost B. how much it cost
C. who bought it for her D. where did she buy it
10. —Tom, haven?t you forgotten anything?
—Oh, yes. ________ my umbrella. Thank you.
A. Taking B. Took C. Take D. To take
11. —You haven?t been to the Great Wall, have you?
—________. How I wish I could visit the Great Wall again.
A. Yes, I do B. No, I don?t C. Yes, I have D. No, I haven?t
12. Joe caused so many problems and his parents can?t ________ good ways to solve his trouble any more.
A. come up with B. catch up with C. work out D. write down
13. —Bob has gone to California.
—Oh, can you tell me when he ________?
A. has left B. left C. is leaving D. would leave
14. —Is your home close to the school, John?
—No, it?s a long way, but I am ________ late for school because I get up early every day.
A. always B. usually C. sometimes D. never
15. —I?m sorry I didn?t make it to your party last night?
—________. I know you?re busy these days.
A. Of course B. No kidding C. That?s all right D. Don?t mention it
请认真阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 On 26th December, 2004, a young girl called Tilly Smith was on holiday with her family in Phuket, Thailand. No one what was going to happen —a tsunami (海啸) that would about 200,000 people. Tilly had studied tsunamis in her class and had seen a video of a tsunami.
“My mum didn?t what was happening,” said Tilly. But Tilly did. “I saw this bubbling on the water, at the edge; the water and the foam (气泡) looked as if they were boiling, and were making a noise. The water was coming in, but it wasn?t going out was coming in, and in, towards the hotel.”
She turned to her mother and sister and told them that it was a tsunami. they did not believe her. She was only 10 years old. Maybe she was just hoping to see a tsunami she had studied it?
Tilly?s father went back to the hotel with her sister. They told the people who worked in the hotel what Tilly had said. Tilly out to the beach, to warn the people there. The hotel workers Tilly. They began to get people off the . Only a few minutes later a
英语试卷 第 2 页 （共 10 页）
huge wave over the beach. This beach was one of the few beaches in Phuket where no one was killed or seriously her escaped (撤离). She them.
16. A. forgot B. thought C. found D. knew
17. A. wash B. take C. kill D. surprise
18. A. physics B. geography C. History D. chemistry
19. A. realize B. understand C. see D. study
20. A. small B. common C. strange D. peaceful
21. A. more B. again C. then D. soon
22. A. As usual B. At once C. At first D. In fact
23. A. before B. if C. though D. because
24. A. walked B. ran C. drove D. jogged
25. A. believed B. doubted C. asked D. educated
26. A. hotel B. school C. road D. beach
27. A. swept B. flew C. ran D. went
28. A. worried B. disturbed C. carried D. hurt
29. A. group B. friends C. family D. school
30. A. left B. saved C. thanked D. moved
英语试卷 第 3 页 （共 10 页）
31. When did Oscar probably get hurt?
A. May 25. B. May 27. C .May 28. D. May 29.
32. What part of Oscar?s body got hurt?
A. His neck. B. His back. C. His eyes. D. His legs.
33. Who may go to the hospital to visit Oscar?
A. Katherine. B. Peter. C. Irene. D. Neil.
Last month, Yang Xuelan, 18, was preparing for the college entrance examination, just like every Senior 3 student. However, a terrible earthquake hit her hometown, Ya?an, Sichuan on April 20.
Yang ran to the playground. She was safe. But all her study materials were buried (被埋) in the classroom. A university in Chengdu lent a helping hand. Now Yang and her classmates are studying there.
The earthquake killed at least 196 and injured more than 12,000. Soldiers and experts arrived at the quake zone (震区) immediately. They helped rescue people and rebuild homes. Tens of thousands of people have donated money and materials to help.
There is little we can do to stop natural disasters such as earthquakes from happening. But we can try to make ourselves better prepared for these disasters.
Japan is considered to be one of the best countries at dealing with earthquakes. From a young age, the Japanese are taught how to keep safe in earthquakes. Schools in Japan often take earthquake drills (演练).
Almost every Japanese family has a survival kit (救生包), which has a flashlight, a radio, water and enough food for several days. This helps people to stay alive after an earthquake.
What can we do when an earthquake happens? Some methods can reduce the harm they cause. The American Red Cross introduced the “Drop, Cover & Hold on” method.
*Drop down onto your hands and knees. This position protects you from falling.
*Cover your head and neck under a strong table or desk. If there is no shelter nearby, you can also stay along a wall, and cover your head and neck with your arms and hands.
*Hold on to your shelter until the shaking stops. Be prepared to move with your shelter if the shaking shifts it around.
英语试卷 第 4 页 （共 10 页）
34. We can tell from the first two paragraphs that _________.
A. an earthquake hit Yang?s hometown
B. Yang hasn?t been to school after the quake
C. the earthquake made Yang a college student
D. Yang and her classmates were buried in the classroom
35. Why are Yang and her classmates studying at a university in Chengdu at present?
A. Because they have got a chance to go to college.
B. Because they got help from soldiers and experts.
C. Because they don?t want to study in their school any more.
D. Because their school buildings were destroyed by the earthquake.
36. What did soldiers and experts mainly do in the quake zone?
A. They built classrooms for students.
B. They donated a lot of money and materials.
C. They helped save people and rebuild their homes.
D. They tried to prevent more earthquakes from happening.
37. Which of the following should you do when an earthquake happens?
A. Stay there and don?t move.
B. Stand straight on a table or desk.
C. Drop down onto your hands and knees.
D. Lie down on the ground and face the ceiling.
Perhaps the most famous name in the world of silent
movies is Charlie Chaplin. It was in 1889 that both moving
pictures and Charlie Chaplin were born. Sadly, Charlie?s
father died when Charlie was five, and his mother was sent
to mental (精神的) hospital. This left young Charlie
homeless and living on the streets.
Things seemed bad for Charlie, but he had a bright,
nice character. He was pleasant and easy to like. So he managed to get small parts in performances around London. Then, he moved to the USA in 1906, and his life took a major change for the better. He got a part in a show performing there. Seven years after his arrival in the USA, he got his first major part in a film. Charlie was a great success in the movie theaters. His silent, highly visual (视觉的) form of comedy was perfect for the silent films of the time. By 1915, he was making over $1,250 a week, which was a huge amount of money at that time. Charlie knew what he was good at, and he stuck to it. Even when sound could be used for movies in 1923, he continued to make silent pictures. Charlie knew that the silence was an the 1940s, when almost everyone else had changed to sound. Charlie, however, still remained one of the world?s greatest film stars.
英语试卷 第 5 页 （共 10 页）
38. When did Charlie get his first major part in a film?
A. In 1889. B. In 1906. C. In 1913. D. In 1923.
39. The underlined word “essential” in Paragraph 2 probably means _____________.
A. very boring B. very correct C. very difficult D. very important
40. From the passage we know that Charlie ___________.
A. was easy to get along with B. stopped making movies in 1923
C. was born and brought up in America D. didn?t produce silent films in America
41. Which could be the best title of the passage?
A. A Great Man of Silent Movies. B. The Major Change for an Actor.
C. The Beginning of Silent Movies. D. The Hard Life for A Movie Maker.
Thousands of years ago, people didn?t know that the Earth moved. They thought the sun really moved across the sky. The Greek god Helios was said to drive the sun around the sky with his chariot (战车). But now, these ideas have all changed. Nowadays, it is the sun that drives our “ound the sky.
So what does all this mean? Well, quite simply, there is now a plane (or “chariot”) that is powered by the sun. It has special parts in its wings. These parts absorb power from the sun. They absorb so much power that they can carry on flying at night. In the Greek myths, Helios had to take a break at night. It seems we?re finally even more efficient (效率高) than the gods themselves.
This plane is called Solar Impulse (太阳驱动号). It will fly across the US in May. This is very important for the future of the world.
So why is solar energy so good for us? Well, other kinds of energy cause a few problems. If you live in China, you?ve probably noticed the pollution. This is caused by burning coal or gas to make energy. The heat and chemicals (化学制品) from this make things work. But if we use the heat from the sun, we don?t have to burn anything, and there?s no pollution.
Solar energy is not all there yet. It needs to be improved. But the best thing about it is that, unlike coal and gas, it doesn?t run out. Solar Impulse could keep flying forever. Well, actually, the sun will run out too, one day, but not for another 5 billion years. That?s a pretty long flight.
42. What does “chariot” really refer to (指的是) in the last sentence of Paragraph 1?
A. The Earth. B. The Greek god. C. The plane. D. Birds.
43. Which of the following is TRUE about Solar Impulse?
A. It can only fly at night. B. It is powered by the sun.
C. It has already flown across the US. D. It needs gas to work.
44. In the passage, what is mentioned as the cause of pollution in China?
A. Overpopulation. B. Heavy traffic.
C. Using solar energy. D. Burning coal or gas.
英语试卷 第 6 页 （共 10 页）
45. What does the writer mean by “that?s a pretty long flight”?
A. Solar Impulse moves very slowly.
B. Solar Impulse will be in use for a very long time.
C. It takes a lot of time to get Solar Impulse going.
D. Solar Impulse has a long way to go to take the place of the sun.
A. 请根据句意或括号中的中文提示、英文释义，写出句中所缺单词，使句子通顺。 (每小题1分，共5分)
46. This maths test is too hard. It?s ___________ (超过) my ability.
47. Open your eyes wide. I?ll show you a ___________ (魔法) trick.
48. They?re ___________ (having good luck) enough to have such a nice office to work in.
49. There are not many things in the box. It?s ___________ (not heavy).
50. Even a child knows September is the ___________ month of a year.
B. 请根据句意从方框中选择合适的单词，并用其适当形式填空，使句子通顺。 (每小题1分，共5分)
51. After he failed the exam, Jim made a right ___________ to give up playing computer games.
52. —How many ___________ does your baby have?
53. The ___________ you climb, the more beautiful view you will see.
54. Polluted air and water are ___________ to people?s health.
55. —Is this your sister?s handbag?
—No, ___________ is on the chair behind the desk.
C. 请根据句意从方框中选择合适的动词，并用其适当时态填空，使句子通顺。 (每小题1分，共5分)
56. Could you tell me how soon the visitors from the USA ___________ here?
57. —I hear a new film “So Young” will be on this weekend. Let?s go to the cinema together,
—Sounds great. Unless it ___________.
58. — I didn?t see you at yesterday?s party, Jenny?
英语试卷 第 7 页 （共 10 页）
— Oh, I ___________ for my driving test.
59. My aunt May ___________ a lot over these years. She used to be a little fat, but now she is very slim.
60. The geography teacher told us that Diaoyu Island ___________ in the east of China.
61. Father?s Day (对划线部分提问)
_________ _________ Father?s Day?
62. My mother walks for more than one hour after supper every day. (改为一般疑问句) _________ your mother _________ for more than one hour after supper every day?
63. Ding Junhui played Snooker very well. He won the Asian Snooker Championship.
Ding Junhui played Snooker _________ well _________ he won the Asian Snooker Championship.
64. I am driven to school by my father every day. (改为主动语态)
My father _________ _________ to school every day.
65. My parents told me not to stay up too late.（改为祈使句）
“_________ _________ up too late!” my parents said to me.
If you think you are too shy and want to be a little bit braver, just try the following things: Be (66)o_______ to others. Tell people you are shy. There is no need to hide it. When they get to know you are a shy kid, they will (67)u_______ you better. This also helps you feel more comfortable in talks.
Try to smile more. When you smile, people think you are (68)f_______ and easy to talk with. Remember that other people have feelings, too; and most people will stay (69)a_______ from an angry-looking face.
Learn to be a good talker. If you find it hard to (70)s_______ a conversation, say something nice about people around you. Think about how great you feel (71)w_______ someone says something nice to you. Doesn?t it make you want to keep talking to that person?
Get your attention elsewhere. Think more about ways to enjoy parties or games. Don?t
英语试卷 第 8 页 （共 10 页）
waste (72)t_______ worrying about your look or whether people like you or not. You will become relaxed and find it?s not so hard to talk with (73)o_______.
Take one small step at a time. Each time when you say “Hi” or smile at someone, say to
(74)y_______ “You can make it.” Keep trying and one day you?ll never feel (75)s_______ when you talk to others.
Nearly every parent says that we never grow up. In fact, we are maybe 16 or 17 years old. In their eyes, we are always little ones and always do wrong things. For example, when I need to stay at home alone, they always worry about me and my life without them.
Most parents always think that they have offered the best things they can to make their children live in a comfortable world. They buy their children pretty clothes, cool shoes, strange but expensive school things, and always a thousand-yuan-cost bike. They think that they have done everything they can to their dear little children. In return, they only want their little boy or girl to give them good results in the examinations
But why can their little babies still not understand them? Does it mean that they still want more material things? No. As a matter of fact, what they want is a true family. What does a true family mean? I think it means a place where we can hide ourselves from the outside cold world. From here, we can get warmth, we can get consolation（安慰）, and we can get happiness. And one important thing is that we should be stronger and more confident（自信的）in the outside world because we know that we have a family.
So I think that parents should save their money and sit down to talk with their child to let them know that they have a true family, so the child and his parents could understand each other more and more. Then, no boy will be regarded as a little boy.
76. Why do parents say that we never grow up?
77. What do parents expect all of us when they give us so much?
78. What does a true family mean?
79. What can we get from a true family?
80. How can parents let children know that they have a true family? (请自拟一句话回答)
英语试卷 第 9 页 （共 10 页）
Everyone has his/ her dream. The one who never gives up can achieve his/ her goal. Tom is a good example.
_____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
I will never give up my dream whenever facing difficulties. I?m sure my dream will come true. 英语试卷 第 10 页 （共 10 页）