Unit 1 The flight was late.
Look at the following pictures and tell us which of these forms of transport do you like most / least?
Which of these forms of transport
do you …
1. like most? 3. use most often? 2. like least? 4. use least often?
Example: A: Do you like travelling, B? B: Yes, I like it a lot. A: How do you often travel? B: I often travel by plane. A: What about you, C? C: I often travel by train.
Listen and read
1. How many people can you hear in the
dialogue? Three. Betty, Lingling and Daming. 2. What are they talking about? They are talking about their trips.
Listen again and complete the chart.
Holiday Holiday Form of
bus, taxi, coach
Daming Hong Kong went to airplane, boat Disneyland Lingling Henan not mentioned train Province Tony airplane family visit UK
1. The train was full of people, and I had to stand for over six hours. be full of … 充满 = be filled with e.g. The hall was full of people.
I was filled with admiration.
2. departure lounge = departure hall (机场的) 候机厅
1. …the trip back was very long. 返程 2. Better get back to work. 3. plenty of fun things 回去 许多
4. We’ll have a great time!
1. although 意思相当于though(尽管， 虽然)，用来引导让步状语从句。 e.g.: Although he was tired, he went on working. 虽然他很疲劳, 但他继续工作。
e.g.: He often helps me with my English
although he is quite busy.
如: 虽然他很疲劳, 但他继续工作。
Although he was tired, he went on working.
He was tired, but he went on working. working.
但不能说 Although he was tired, but he went o
1. 作连词，可以连接两个并列成分或两 个并列分句，意为“但是，然而”。 如：He is young but very experienced. 他虽然年轻，但很有经验。 注意: but不能与though/although连用。
2. 作介词, 常与nothing, nobody, who,
all 等连用, 意为“除……之外”。
We had nothing to do but wait.
No one but me saw him. 除了我之外, 没人看到他。
because conj. 因为 e.g.: John didn’t attend the meeting because he was ill. 约翰没有出席会议, 因为他病了。 Because he is tired, he does not want to go with us.
so conj. 因而, 所以, 结果是
e.g.: It was late, so we went home.
He was sick, so they were quiet. 他病了, 所以他们很安静。
A: What did you do during your
B: I went to see my grandparents
A: How did you go there?
B: I went there by bus.
A: How about the trip?
B: The bus was full of people and
I had to stand for two hours.
A: What are you looking forward
to this term?
B: I’m looking forward to Beijing.
A: Have a good trip.
B: Thank you.
Describe your dream travel. 1. Where do you mostly(最) want to visit?
2. How will you get there?
3. Why do you travel by plane/…?
4. What interesting places(景点)
can you visit there?
1. Uncle Li took me to have _____
swim in the river ____ day before
A. / ; the
C. a ; a
B. a ; the
D. the ; the
2. You’ve dropped ______ “r” in writing “worry”. Please correct it. A. the B. an C. a D. / 3. Do you like playing ____ basketball or playing ______ piano?
A. the ; /
C. the ; the
B. / ; the
D. / ; /
4. We spent half ______ hour finishing ______ work. A. a ; a C. an ; the B. an ; a D. an ; /
5. March is ______ third month of
A. a B. the C. / D. an
6. It’s our ______ first time to go to
the Great Wall.
(although, but, because, so) 1. I like fish, but my mother doesn’t ___
2. Mr. Li hasn’t come to work today,
_______ he has gone to Beijing to because
have a meeting.
3. There is a lot of traffic in this city, so ____ look both ways before crossing the street.
4. Mrs. Shute wouldn’t leave the TV although set ________ her children were waiting for their supper.