Module 1 How to learn English
(1) She should ___(go) to school early.
(2) You can read as ______ (loudly) as possible
(3) How about ______ (eat) noodles?
(4) There are five ________ (mistake) in your homework.
(5) Let’s _____ (help) the farmers pick apples.
(6) It’s better to ____ (get) up early.
(7) Why not _____ (play) football this weekend?
(8) It’s a good idea _________ (write) down the mistakes in a
1. Our new teacher is going to give us ______this term.
A. some advices B. an advice C. some advice D. a
2. This is what we will learn，please_______.
A. write down it B. write down them
C. write it down D. write them down 3. We should English aloud in the morning.
A. read B. to read C. reading D. reads
4. —What can I do this weekend?
—Why don’t you at home?
A. having a good rest B. to have a good rest
C. has a good rest D. have a good rest
5. Don’t forget ______ to the concert on time.
A. to come B. coming C. come D. comes
6. My pen friend, Jack, often helps me _____my English.
A. on B. in C. with D. about
7. Maria finds ______ difficult to translate these sentences.
A. it B. this C. that D. she
8. — Don’t forget their addresses and telephone numbers. — I will _____ in my notebook.
A. write them down B. write it down
C. write down it D. write down them
9. — May I ______ your dictionary?
— Sorry, I ______ it at home.
A. borrow; forgot B. borrow; left
C. lend; forgot D. lend; left
10. — I’m not interested in English. It’s difficult for me to learn it well.
— Don’t worry. You will learn it well if you work harder, but it ___ time.
A. costs B. spends
C. pays D. takes
11. — How do you get on with your English?
— I am ______ at grammar but I don’t do ____ in listening.
A. good; good B. good; well
C. well; good D. well; well
12. She tried ______, but she found it difficult.
A. not to worrying B. to not worry
C. not to worry D. to worry not
13. — What’s your plan for the coming weekend?
— ______ go to fly kites?
A. Why not to B. Why don’t
C. Why don’t we D. How about
14. —Don’t forget ______ your dictionary here tomorrow.
— OK. I won’t.
A. taking B. to take
C. bringing D. to bring
15. The boy went to the teachers’ office to _____ his teacher _____ advice about improving his maths.
A. ask; for B. talk; about
C. speak; to D. place; in
Module 2 My home town and my country
1. (广东中考)A war took place in
A. the 1720’s B.1720s C. 1720’s D. the 1720
2. (2012湖南常德) Li Hua’s shoes are as as Zhang Hui’s.
A. cheap B. cheaper C. the cheaper
3. （湖北罗田中考）- is the population of your city? -About two millions.
A. How B.What C. How many D. How much
4. (2012 江苏盐城) Don’t talk to anyone about the bad news,
not my mother.
A. hardly B. usually C. especially D. simply
5. (北京朝阳中考) Do you enjoy English in our class, Mr
A. teach B. taught C. to teach D. teaching.
6. (2012 山东潍坊) Cathy was born blind so she has seen our beautiful city.
A. often B. sometimes C. seldom D. never
7. (包头中考) ---Do you know how many a horse has and how many a bee has?
----of course, I know.
A. teeth; feet B. tooth; foot C. foot; teeth D. teeth; foot
8. (2012 广西桂林) The red pencil is than the green one.
A. short B. shorter C. nice D. the shortest.
9.—Where is Shijiazhuang?
---It’s the of China.
A. in; north B. in; west C. on; north D. on; south
10. Mout Tai is 1545 meters
A. high B. long C. tall D. wide
11.I’d like Cambridge some day.
A. visit B. to visit C. visits D. visiting 12.The government spent two yuan on this teaching building
A. million B. millions C. million of D. millions of 13.Sichuan is famous its hot food
A. for B. as C. on D. in 14. The children went to the hospital Mr Wu
A. see B. sees C. saw D. to see
15.This place is not big enough for Lucy’s birthday party. We should find a One
A. big B. small C. bigger D.smaller
二．根据句意及汉语或首写字母提示完成单词 1. My (家乡) is in the east of Shangdong. 2. Shanghai has a larger (人口) than Tianjin.
3. The price of this shirt is very (低的)。I’ll buy it. 4. Hong Kong is newer t Shanghai, but it’s smaller. 5. Which river is w , the Yellow River or the Nile River.
三．用所给单词的适当形式填空 1. Is the Hong Kong a (new) city than Xi’an. 2. There are about two (million) trees on the hill.
3. –Is the first box as big as the bird one? -No, the third box is much (big) 4. How many (university) are there in your city? 5. Our city (be) very small twenty years ago.
1. 上海比广州大，也更繁华 Shanghai is and than Guangzhou.
2.澳大利亚的人口是多少？ the Australia?
3.伦敦市英国的首都。 London is the the UK.
4.他来自剑桥。 She Cambridge.
5.伦敦以大本钟闻名 London Big Ben.
Module 3 Sports
1. It was a _______ day and she feel very _______. 2012广东河源)
A. tiring; tired B. tiring; tiring
C. tired; tiring D. tired; tired
2. — How do you like your new job in the bank?
— It’s _______. I do exactly the same thing every day. (2012辽宁丹东)
A. interesting B. exciting
C. surprising D. boring
3. Li Na won the first place in the final
tennis game. Nobody else played_________!(2010佛山)
A. well B. better C. best
4. Of the two coats, she’d like to choose the _____ one to save money for a book. (2011兰州)
A. cheapest B. cheaper
C. more expensive D. most expensive
5. After practicing for several months, I can swim much _____ now.(2011温州)
A. slower B. slowest
C. faster D. fastest
6. — It’s so cold today.
— Yes, it’s _______ colder than it was yesterday. (2011浙江丽水)
A. some B. more
C. very D. much
7. — Which do you like ______, summer or winter?
— I prefer summer. (2011泰安)
A. good B. well C. better D. best 用单词的正确形式填空
1. We trained _________ (hard) this year than last year.
2. The team played ________ (well) on Saturday than on Tuesday.
3. They practised _______________ (carefully) this week than last week.
4. Playing football is ______________ (exciting) than watching it.
5. Playing tennis is _______________ (expensive) than swimming 用单词的适当形式填空
1. They are working _______ (hard) to learn English.
2. This bike was _______ (cheap), so we decided to buy it.
3. The teacher speaks ________ (slow) and __________ (careful).
4. Mary is going to get up _______ (early) because she needs to catch the first bus.
5. Running is very ______ (easy). You can do it anywhere.
6. I do not like to be ______ (late).
7. I am afraid our team is doing very ______ (bad).
1. — Sorry, I can’t follow you. Would you please speak ______? — All right. (2012辽宁丹东)
A. more slowly B. more loudly
C. more quickly D. more quietly
2. This place is not big enough for Lucy’s birthday party. We
should find a _____ one. (2012陕西)
A. big B. small C. bigger D. smaller
3. — For me, winter is the best season of a year!
— Me too. ______ if there’re some snows. I like a white world. (2012浙江金华)
A. Better B. Worse C. Longer D short
4. _______ children there are in a family, _______ their life will be. (2011济南)
A. The less, the better B. The fewer, the better
C. Fewer, richer D. More, poorer
5. Dear students, please read every sentence carefully. The more
______ you are, the ________ mistakes you’ll make. (2011湖南邵阳)
A. carefully, fewer B. careful ; less
C. careful; fewer
6. — What do you think of Liu Huan?
— Oh, he is my favorite singer. I think no one can sing ______. (2011威海)
A. good B. well C. better D. best
7. Jack is good at drawing. I think no one draws ________. (2011安徽)
A. better B. best
C. worse D. worst
8. Mum, this T-shirt is much too small for me. Would you buy me a ______ one? (2011江西)
A. nice B. large
C. nicer D. larger
9. — What’s wrong with you today?
— I am quite upset.
— Cheer up! The more you smile, the _______ you will feel. (2012广东湛江)
A. happy B. happier
C. happily D. More happily
10. — Do you know sound travels very fast?
— Yes. But light travels ________ sound. (2012湖北荆州)
A. as fast as B. a little faster than
C. much faster than D. slower than
11. — Your room is very dirty. You should keep it ________.
— OK. I’ll sweep it right away.
A. clean B. dry
C. quiet D. warm
12. — Would you mind staying in such a noisy room?
— No, but my son needs a _________ place to study in.
A. cleaner B. quieter C. safer D. smaller
13. Some students are so _______ that they often make mistakes in their homework. (2011聊城)
A. careful B. serious
C. careless D. successful
14. My sister has practiced tennis for a long time. She plays tennis _____ you. (2011德阳)
A. as good as B. so well as C. as well as
15. The smile on his teacher’s face shows that she was ________ with my work. (2007佛山)
A. angry B. pleased C sad
Module 4 planes, ships and trains
1. —The girls are talking about the art festival _____.
—Yes. They have so many fun things to share. (2013温州)
A. easily B. angrily C. sadly D. happily
2. —Our school bus will leave at 8 o’clock tomorrow. Don’t be late.
—OK. I will be there ten minutes ________. (2013安徽)
A. sooner B. slower C. faster D. earlier
3. Debbie is growing fast. She is even ________ than her mother. (2013北京)
A. tall B. taller C. tallest D. the tallest
4. — Dad, would you please drive ______?
— No hurry. We have enough time before the plane takes off. (2013福州)
A. faster B. more slowly
5. — Do you know Lin Shuhao?
—Yes. He is one of _____ basketball players in the NBA. (2013漳州)
A. popular B. more popular C. the most popular
1. Study hard! ____ you study, _____ results you’ll get.
A. Harder; better B. The harder; better
C. The harder; the better D. Harder; the better
2. Dear students, please read every sentence carefully. _______ you are, ________ mistakes you’ll make.
A. The more carefully, the fewer B. The more careful, the less
C. The more carefully, the less D. The more careful, the fewer 中考链接
1.—What do you think of the traffic in our city? (2013菏泽)
—It’s _____ than it used to be, but there’s still a long way to go.
C. better B. worst D. best C. more carefully
2. Traveling around big cities by taxi can cost a lot of money, but it’s usually _____ to take the underground train to most places. (2013菏泽)
A. amazing B. expensive
C. convenient D. exciting
3. Liu Ying is as _____ as her sister. (2013湖南湘西)
A. tall B. taller C. the tallest
4. I am good at math, but his English is ________ than mine. (2013黄石)
A. much better B. more better
C. very better D. pretty better
5. The world’s population is growing _____ and there is _____ land and water for growing rice. (2013荆门)
A. more; less B. larger; fewer
C. larger; less D. more; fewer
6. It’s _____ to listen to light music when you feel tired. (2013温州)
C. relaxing B. scary D. difficult
7. —Which season do you like _______, summer or winter?
A. well B. best
Module5 Lao She Teahouse
1. What a fine day! Why not _____ outside? (2013湘西)
A. having a walk B. to have a walk
C. have a walk
2. You look too tired. Why not _______ a rest? (2013益阳)
A. stop to have B. to stop having C. stop having
3. Seeing their teacher _______ into the classroom, they stopped _______ at once.(2013黄石)
A. walk; telling
C. enter; to tell B. entering; to speak D. walking; talking
4. Lucy is shy. She would not invite her classmates _____ dancing with her. (2013江西)
A. practice B. practices
C. practicing D. to practice
5. Even Tony’s granddaughter, a five- year-old girl, asked him __________ smoking. (2013上海)
A. give up B. gave up
C. to give up D. giving up
6. Paul made a nice cage _______ the little sick bird till it could fly. (2013苏州)
A. keep B. kept C. keeping D. to keep
7. He promised ________ his old friend during his stay in Tianjin. (2013天津)
A. see B. seeing C. saw D. to see
8. I spent $ 5 _______ this book. (2013四川雅安)
A. in B. to buy C. buying D. buy
9. Lisa is a little poor at Chinese. I think she needs ______it every day.
A．practise to speak B. to practise speaking C practise speaking
10. Remember ______off the lights when you leave the classroom.
A. turn B. to turn C. turning
11.Father often tells me _____too much time on computer games.
A. don’t spend B. not spend C. not to spend D. not spending
12. He never lets his son ____with a dog. It’s dangerous.
A. to play B. playing C. played D. play
Module6 Animals in danger
单项选择。 1. Would you please tell me next?
A. how do B. what to do
C. what do I do D. how I should do
2. The girl wasn’t to lift that bookcase.
A. too strong B. enough strong
C. strong enough D. so strong
3. For a time his grandmother found ______ accept his new idea.
A. hard B. it hard C. it hard to D. hard to
4. As she has never been there before, I’ll have someone _____ her the way.
A. show B. to show C. showing D. showed
5. You _____ drive slowly. The roads are wet.
A. had rather B. would rather
C. had better D. would better
6. What the scientist said greatly encouraged us ______ the
experiment again, but his secretary’s words discouraged us ________ the experiment any more.
A. to try; to do B. to try; from doing
C. for trying; from doing D. trying; to do
7. In the old days it was difficult for the poor _______ a job.
A. find B. to find C. look D. to look for
8. When learning a foreign language, try your best _____ the spirit of it.
A. master B. hold C. take hold of D. to master
9. It was foolish _______ his car unlocked.
A. for him to leave B. of him to leave
C. for him leave D. him to leave
10. Remember ______ the newspaper when you have finished it.
A. putting back B. put back
C. to put back D. will put back
11. Your flat needs _______. Do you want me _____it for you?
A. to clean; to do B. cleaning; doing
C. cleaning; to do D. to be cleaned; doing
12. Because of air pollution being greatly reduced, this city is still ______.
A. a good place which to be lived in
B. a good place to live in
C. a good place to live from
D. a good place to live for
13. — You were lost on your way to the lake, weren’t you?
— Yes, we were and had to stop _____ the way.
A.asking B. to ask C. asked D. to be asked
14. I’d prefer _______ at home rather than _______ a walk.
A. to stay; to take B. stay; to take
C. to stay; take D. stay; take
1. Do you know when ________ (have) a picnic?
2. She is very busy today. She has a lot of work _____ (do).
3. Our teacher asked us _____(be) careful when we crossed the road.
4. It’s easy for us _________ (answer) the question.
5. There is a kite ______ (fly) in the sky.
6. He’ll come _______ (visit) his uncle next week.
7. Please tell the children _______ (hand) in their homework on time.
8. A panda is one of the _______ (animal) I like best.
9. People must stop _______ (kill) pandas.
Tony ______ _____ my dictionary just now.
I have got lots of housework _____ ______.
The old man has _____ _____ _____ ____ ____.
The teacher has ______ ____ the reasons.