1. Your T-shirt is so cool. Could you tell me ________?
A. where you buy it B. where do you buy it
C. where you bought it D. where did you buy it
2.—Excuse me .Could you tell me_____ I can get to the Space Museum?
--Of course. You can take bus No.1.
A. where B. how C. if D. why
3.—Do you know ________the new mobile phone last week?
--Maybe 900 yuan. I’m not quite sure.
A. how much she paid for
A. what B. how much will she pay for C. how much did she pay for C. why D. where 4. Michael Jordan has failed（失败）over and over again in his life.And that’s ____ he succeeds . B. when
5. Alice in Wonderland is a fantastic movie. It’s about ______.
A. how did Alice end the Red Queen’s reign of terror（红桃皇后的恐怖统治）
B. what did Alice end the Red Queen’s reign of terror
C. how Alice ended the Red Queen’s reign of terror
D. what Alice ended the Red Queen’s reign of terror
6. —Do you know ________the girl in red is?
—I’m not sure. Maybe a teacher.
A. when B. how C. where D. what
7.—What did your parents think about your advice?
--They always let me do _______I think I should.
A. when B. that C. how D. what
8. I want to know ________.
A. when we should arrive at the airport B. when should we arrive at the airport
C. when the airport we should arrive at D. when the airport should we arrive at
9. --Would you please tell me __________?
--At 10:00 this evening.
A. when will the train leave B. when the train will leave C. when does the train leave
10.—Could you tell me________?
--Fill in this form(表格) and I will give you her telephone number.
A. how I can meet Cathy B. where I can meet Cathy
11. –Do you know ________ the man with sunglasses is?
-I’m not sure. Maybe a reporter.
A. who B. what C. where D. how
1 C. when I can meet Cathy
12. -Tommy, do you know if Frank ________ to the zoo this Sunday if it ________?
-Sorry, I have no idea.
A. will go; is fine B. goes; is fine C. will go; is going to be fine D. goes; will be fine
13. No one can be sure_________ in a million years.
A. what man looks like B. what will man look like
C. what man looked like D. what man will look like 14. Sue told me that she _________ shopping with her sister the next day.
A. will go B. would go C. goes D. has gone
15. The new-designed(新设计的) car is on show now. I want to know _________.
A. how much it cost B. how much did it cost
C. how much it costs D. how much does it cost
16. –Can you tell me when ________? -About half past five. I will pick him up at the airport.
A. he will come B. will he come C. did he come
17. Our teacher told us the sun ________ in the east.
A. rise B. rose C. rising D. rises
18. --Listen! It is still noisy in the teacher’s office.
-Go and see ________ they have finished correcting the papers yet.
A. though B. whether C. unless D. while
19. -What time will Mr. Brown be back to China?
-Sorry. I don’t know ________.
A. when did he go abroad B. why he is going abroad
C. how soon will he be back D. how long he will stay abroad
20. .—What did you say just now?
—I asked _______.
A. that I could open the door B. could I open the door
C. how could I open the door D. how I could open the door
21. Do you know _______ during the coming summer holiday?
A. what will Tom do B. what did Tom do C. what Tom will do D. what Tom did
22. I want to know_________.
A . what is his name B. what’s his name C. that his name is D. what his name is
23. Do you know ________ I could pass the exam?
A. that B. whether C. what D. which
24. Jim doesn’t understand ____________.
A. which is the way to the museum B. why his wife always goes shopping
C. what is the way to the museum D. why does she always go shopping
2 D. he came
25. ---Could you tell me ______ she is looking for?
A. that B. whose C. who D. which
26. Mr. King didn’t know _______ yesterday evening.
A. when does his son come home B. when his son comes home
C. when did his son come home D. when his son came home
27. Could you tell me _______ the bike this morning?
A. how does he mend B. how he mends C. how he mended D. how did he mend
28. ---I’m waiting for the mail. Do you know ________ it will arrive?
---Usually it comes at 4: 00.
A. how B. where C. when D. what
29. ---Excuse me, would you please tell me ________?
---Certainly. Go straight along here. It’s next to a hospital.
A. how we can get to the post office B. how can we get to the post office
C. how get to the post office D. how could we get to the post office
30. ---Can I help you?
---Yes. I’d like a ticket to Mount Emei. Can you tell me ______ take to get there?
A. how soon will it B. how soon it will C. how long it will D. how long will it
31. He wanted to know ___________.
A. whether he speaks at the meeting B. when the meeting would start
C. what he’s going to do at the meeting D. where would the meeting be held
32. ---Could you tell me _________ the Bamboo Garden?
---The day after tomorrow, I think.
A. when will you visit B. when you will visit C. when would you visit D. when you would visit
33. Would you please tell me _________ next, Mr Wang?
A. what should we do B. we should do what C. what we should do D. should we do what
34. You can’t imagine _________ when they received these nice Christmas presents.
A. how they were excited B. how excited they were
C. how excited were they D. they were how excited
35. I want to know ________ you will come back at 8:00 tomorrow.
A. that B. when C. where D. whether
36. ---Could you tell me ____________?
---Sorry, I don’t know. I was not at the meeting.
A. what does he say at the meeting B. what did he say at the meeting
C. what he says at the meeting D. what he said at the meeting
37. ---Could you tell me _________ last night?
---Er, I was watching Euro 2004 at home.
A. what you were doing B. what were you doing C. what you are doing D. what are you doing
38. The teacher asked the students __________.
A. if they were interested in dinosaurs B. when was Albert Einstein born
C. what they will do with the computers D. how many trees they have planted
39. Every morning the patients are asked if ________ their temperature taken.
A. they had had B. have they had C. they have had D. had they had
40. It’s up to you to decide _______ you’ll go there, by air or by road.
A. how B. why C. that D. when
41. He asked me ________ we could go to Beijing to watch the game by plane.
A. that B. if C. how D. what
42. -Excuse me. Could you tell me ________?
-Yes. There is a video shop next to the tall building.
A. where can I buy some CDs B. where I can buy some CDs
C. when can I buy some CDs D. when I can buy some CDs
43. I don’t know if my uncle ________. If he ________, I will be very happy.
A. comes; will come B. will come; will come C. comes; comes D. will come; comes
44. My physics teacher said that light ________ faster than sound.
A. travel B. travels C. traveled
45. You are growing so fast. Can you tell me ________ now?
A. how fast are you B. how fast you are C. how tall are you D. how tall you are
46. -Excuse me, could you tell me ________?
-Certainly. Go straight ahead and you’ll see it on your left.
A. where the post office is B. when you will visit the museum
C. where is the post office D. when will you visit the museum
47. I wanted to know ________, but no one would like to tell me.
A. what did the old man say B. what the old man need
C. what did the old man want D. what the old man meant
48. -Excuse me. Could you tell me ________?
-Yes. There is a video shop on River Road.
A. where can I buy some CDs
C. when can I buy some CDs
-Yes, there will.
4 B. where I can buy some CDs D. when I can buy some CDs 49. -Do you think ________ a concert in our school hall this weekend?
A. there will have B. there will be C. will there be D. will there have
50. -Could you please tell me ________?
-It’s next to the hotel.
A. where is the museum B. the museum is where C. where the museum is