1．A. fix B．fit C．fat
2．A．effort B. offer C. record
3．A．head D. held C．heard
4．A．swimming B. skating C. shopping
5．A．send up B. set up C. save up
6. What are they talking about?
7. Which sport does Carl like?
14.What’s the relationship between them?
A. Driver and passenger. B. Father and daughter. C. Manager and secretary.
15. Why hasn’t Helen read the email?
A. Because she is too busy. B. Because she has a bad cold.
C. Because her computer doesn’t work.
III. 长对话理解 (共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
16. What is Maggie?
A. A teacher. B. A student. C. A policewoman.
17. What does Maggie think of Jason’s job?
A. Great. B. Dangerous. C. Boring.
18. Who is answering the telephone call?
A. Susan. B. Robert. C. Richard.
19. What’s Susan going to do tomorrow morning?
A. To visit the museum. B. To go to the park. C. to stay home and study
20. How are they going there?
A. By bike. B. By taxi. C. By bus.
IV. 短文理解 (共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
21. Where does Jack live in England?
A. In a village. B. On a farm. C. In a town.
22. What did he go to Russia for?
A. He went there on business. B. He went there for holiday. C. He went to visit his friends.
23. How long did he stay in Russia?
A. For a few days. B. For a few weeks. C. For a few months.
24. Why was he almost knocked down?
A. Because the street was too busy. B. Because he was walking in a hurry.
C. Because he forgot the traffic rules there.
25. What did the old man mean?
A. He wanted to help Jack. B. He told Jack where he was.
C. He wanted to sell maps to Jack.
V. 信息转换 (共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共三大题，满分55分)
31．—Wow! You’we got so many skirts．
—But________ of them are in fashion now．
A．all B．both C．neither D．none
32．The earthquake which happened in Yushu________ 14th April 2010 was a big disaster．
A．at B．on C．in D．to
33．I can________ be a nurse．I’m not a very patient person．
A．seldom B．ever C．never D．always
34．—Do you know if Cindy wilt drive to Italy this weekend?
—Cindy? Never! She driving．
A．has hated B．hated C．will hate D．hates
35．We can have_______ bluer sky if we create________ less polluted world．
A．a；a B．a；the C．the；a D．the；the
36．—I wonder_______ you’ll water this kind of tree．
—Once a week．
A．how often B．how long C．how soon D．how much
37．—Maggie，I really love your handwriting．
A．I practice every day B．Thank you very much
C．No，I don’t think so D．Well，it’s not good enough
38．—What do you think of the film“Avatar”? —________．
—It’s fantastic．The only pity is that I________ the beginning of it．
A．missed B．was missing C．miss D．will miss
39．________of the land in that district________ covered with trees and grass．
A．Two fifths；is B．Two fifth；are C．Two fifth；is D．Two fifths；are
40．Eric’s never seen a three-D movie at the cinema，_______?
A．hasn’t he B．has he C．isn’t he D．is he
41．We’ll visit Expo 2010 Shanghai this Sunday_______ it rains or it’s very hot．
A．since B．if C．unless D．until
42．—I don’t care what my teachers think．
A．could B．would C．should D．might
43．—Why don’t we take a little break?
—Didn’t we just have_________?
A．it B．that C．one D．this
44．—Could you tell me_________?
—He is in the library．
A．where Simon was B．where is Simon
C．where was Simon D．where Simon is
45．Julia is very clever．In fact，I doubt whether anyone in the class has_______ IQ．
A．a high B．a higher C．the higher D．the highest
— I should say it was great success.
A. / ; the B. a ; the C. the; a D. the; /
47. The World Table Tennis Championship morning of May 25, 2010 Moscow, Russia.
A. Fifty; in; in B. Fiftieth; on; in C. Fiftieth; in; on D. Fifty; on; in
48. — What a nice MP5! Whose is it?
— It’s A. me B. him C. his D. mine
49. —— Yes, I did. But now I am wearing contact lenses(隐形眼镜).
A. could B. must C. used to D. would
50. — Which underlined part is different from the others in pronunciation?
— A. below B. follow C. own D. allow
Learning Chinese may seem difficult to foreigners outside China. However, Daisy Raffan, an possible, all over the world.
With China’s fast development in the world, Daisy thinksfor people to learn the language sooner rather than later.
Daisy has been learning the age of five. Two years she
decided to pass on what she had learned, idea for the website, kidschineseclub.com.
She said: “People are afraid to learn Putonghua. One of the main reasons is that they think it’s an it .And I hope what I have done is easy and fun.”
a series of lessons, which are videos of Daisy teaching a group of students on topics from greetings and numbers to Chinese culture.
Daisy’s website hasthe support of several important persons —the teenager says she has received a letter praising(赞扬) her work from Gordon is the British Prime Minister(首相).
She said: “I wrote to him and told him wha. He said that supporting what we’re doing.”
51. A. 18 years old B. 18-year-old C. 18-years-old D. 18 year old
52. A. language B. idea C. information D. gift
53. A. put up B. showed up C. set up D. thought up
54. A. much B. more C. many D. most
55. A. that B. this C. them D. it
56. A. for B. at C. since D. in
57. A. before B. after C. if D. although
58. A. came out B. came on C. came over D. came up with
59. A. impossible B. interesting C. excellent D. easy
60. A. does B. do C. doing D. to do
61. A. e-mail B. magazine C. essay D. website
62. A. won B. made C. given D. beaten
63. A. whom B. which C. who D. /
64. A. in B. back C. down D. up
65. A. someone such important B. so important someone
C. such important someone D. someone so important
A: What's the date today?
B: It's June 16.
A: Did you have rice dumplings this morning?
B: Sure. A: I didn't.
B: What a pity! But I happen to have got some with me. A: I'd love to. By the way, why do you call it Dragon Boat, Festival?
B: Because in China, people race dragon boats this day every year.
B: You are welcome.
Prana was a beautiful dog, whose name means “breath of life”. Although he died several years ago, I can still remember the days we spent together and what he has taught me about love. I have two apple trees in the garden. Prana loved apples. When he went outside, he’d catch an apple and take it into the house to eat later. The apples had been on the ground and were often dirty so I wasn’t always happy that Prana had brought them into the house.
It was an autumn day in America, but it was very cold. A big snow fell and we had not done anything for its coming. On that special day, Prana went outside and I watched him through the window. I noticed that he was madly digging(挖) holes and bringing the apples to the ground so they could be seen above the snow. I did not know why he was doing this. He seemed to want to do something special.
When I called him back, he had his usual one apple in his mouth. About five minutes later, I looked outside. The garden was completely covered with birds. Prana had dug up all those apples for his bird friends to eat. He knew that they wouldn’t have stored enough food for the coming winter!
A. the writer B. a boy C. a bird D. a dog
72. I wasn’t always happy because .
A. Prana loved apples
B. Prana caught an apple and ate it
C. the apples fell on the ground and were dirty
D. Prana brought the dirty apples into the house
73. On the snowy day, Prana A. ate up all the apples
B. dug holes to put the apples in them
C. brought the apples under the snow to the ground
D. left the house and died
74. The birds flew to the garden to A. look for Prana B. eat the apples
C. make new homes D. store food for the winter
A. apples B. animals C. love D. life
What might the future be like? Here are some predictions: things to come, things to go.
The Spring Festival, the most important Chinese holiday when everyone returns home, has caused headaches for millions of Chinese. More than 2 billion people travel at the same time, making getting travel tickets and the journey difficult. But in 28 years, Spring Festival travel may not be a problem at all. China plans to build more than 120,000 kilometers of railway and a fast transportation network that will serve 90% of the population by 2020. And because most of China will be cities, people will not have to go to other places to find a job, so it will no longer be a problem.
Newspaper will come to an end in 2043. In the future, digital(数字的) newspapers will be sent to personal web tools through Internet. Readers can discuss topics with journalists and editors. Information will move faster.
Oil is running out faster than expected. But scientists have found something else for oil as fuel(燃料). Coal, natural gas, solar power, nuclear power and even water can take the place of oil as sources of energy(能源).
Schools will go electronic(电子化). Computers will be important and popular among the students. Everything will be in the computer and students will not need to bring books to school. They will find information on the Internet. A computer will be the students’ library, schoolbag and connection to the outside world. There will be robot teachers, they will check homework on computers and communicate with the students’ parents through e-mail. And school buses will be like spaceships, comfortable and safe.
76. More than 2 billion people have a hard time returning home during .
A. Christmas Day B. National Day
C. the Spring Festival D. the Mid-autumn Festival
A. in 28 years B. by 2020 C. by 2053 D. in 33 years
78. is not mentioned in the passage as sources of energy.
A. Coal B. Wind C. Nuclear power D. Water
79. From the passage we can know in the future.
A. the Spring Festival travel may still be a problem
B. 90% of the population will live in the city
C. robot teachers will check homework
D. readers can discuss topics with each other through Internet
80. What’s the main idea of the last paragraph? .
A. Schools will go electronic B. Computers will be important
C. There will be robot teachers D. School buses will be like spaceships
Once there was a piano player in a bar(酒吧). People came just to hear him play. But one night, a lady asked him to sing a song.
"I don't sing," said the man.
But the lady told the waiter, "I'm tired of listening to the piano. I want the player to sing! The waiter shouted across the room, "Hey, friend! If you want to get paid, sing a song!'
So he did. He had never sung in public before. Now he was singing for the very first time! Nobody had ever heard the song Mona Lisa sung so beautifully!
He had talent(天赋) he was sitting on! He may have lived the rest of his life as a no-name piano player in a no-name bar. But once he found, by accident, that he could sing well, he went on working hard and became one of the best-known singers in the US. His name was Nat King Cole. You, too, have skills and abilities. You may not feel that your talent is great, but it may be better than you think. With hard work, most skills can be improved. Besides, you may have no success at all ff you just your talent.
81. The lady asked the player to sing a song because _____.
A. she had paid him for this B. she knew him very well
C. she wanted to have a change D. she enjoyed his singing
82. Nat King Cole succeeded because _____.
A. the lady helped him a lot B. he caught the chance
C. he continued to play in the bar D. he stopped playing the piano
83. The words "sit on" in the passage probably mean"
A. fail to realize B. forget to use
C. try to develop D. manage to show
84. From the story we know if you have some talent, you should _____.
A. hide it and wait B. ask others for help
C. pay no attention to it D. work hard to improve yourself
85. Which could be the best title (标题) for the passage?
A. Sing in the Bar B. Achieve Success in Life
C. Never Lose Heart D. Find Your Hidden Talent
Read the questions and answer YES or NO, then you will find out how good you are.
1. When you don t understand something, you ask questions.
2. You like listening to older people talk about the post.
3. You think that you con learn something interesting from everyone around you.
4. You ore brave enough when you have to talk to people you don't know.
5. You enjoy reading books about famous people.
6. You always see and talk to different people.
7. You are interested in learning new ways of doing things.
8. You enjoy shying experiences with friends and learning from people of all ages.
9.You talk o lot about yourself.
10. Even if you ore often wrong, you make your own decisions.
11.You hate teaching what you are good at: sports, technology, whatever.
12.Your parents don't understand you, so you don't talk to them much. SCORE NOW!
Score 2 points if you answer YES to each of tile first 8 questions, and 0 if you choose NO. Score 2 points if you answer NO to each of the last 4 questions, and 0 if you choose YES. 18--24. You are friendly and open-minded. You make people feel important by listening to what they have to say. You'll probably succeed in learning al1 kinds of interesting things. Good for you! 10--16 Remember that every single person you know can teach you something. You will greatly make your life rich and colorful.
0- 8 About 400 years ago, a famous writer wrote, "No man is an island." This is still mm today. Try to be more open and interested in people around you.
86. If you say "YES" to all these questions, you'll get ____ points.
A. 12 B. 16 C. 20 D. 24
87. When you score 22 points, you are _____.
A. shy and nervous B. silent and serious
C. open and friendly D. brave and strong
88. The writer thinks you should _____.
A. always see and talk to the same people
B. make your Own decision whenever you want
C. enjoy teaching what you are good at
D. talk much about yourselves when possible
89. "No man is an island." in the text probably means that _____.
A. the famous writer was very clever
B. everything is the same as 400 years ago
C. you will feel lonely if on an island
D. you can not live alone in the world
90. The questions are used to test whether you are willing to __
A. learn from others B. help other people
C. do all by yourself D. depend on others
91. Do you think this kind of water is s_____(安全) for drinking?
92. He is writing on the blackboard with a piece of c_____ (粉笔).
93. Our teachers are all very s_____ (严格) with us students.
94. Tom i_____ (邀请) all his best friends to his birthday party last Sunday.
95. We have to d_____ (携带) a lot of books in our school bags every day.
I-IV. 1-5 BABCA 6-10 ABCBB 11-15 ACAAC
16 -20 ABBCC 21 ~25 CBACC
V. 26. speaker 27. history 28. two/2 29. hall 30. film/movie VI. 31-35 DBCDA 36-40 A B A A B 41-45CCCDB 46-50 CBDCD
VII. 51-55 BACCD 56-60 CBDAC 61-65 DACBD VIII. 66 - 70 FAGEC
IX. 71-75 DDCBC 76-80 CDBCA 81-85 CBADD 86-90 BCCDA
X. 91. safe 92. chalk 93. strict 94. invited 95. carry
XI. One possible version
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am a middle school student. I have recently learned from the newspaper that you are going to build a factory here in my hometown. There is no doubt that it is good for the development of my hometown and it will provide us with more jobs. Most of us stand by the program. However, some of us are worried that the factory will make much noise and pollute the environment of the area. I would like to know whether you have any plans for the environment protection.
Would you please offer us more information about it?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.