1．A. fix B．fit C．fat
2．A．effort B. offer C. record
3．A．head D. held C．heard
4．A．swimming B. skating C. shopping
5．A．send up B. set up C. save up
6. What are they talking about?
7. Which sport does Carl like?
14.What’s the relationship between them?
A. Driver and passenger. B. Father and daughter. C. Manager and secretary.
15. Why hasn’t Helen read the email?
A. Because she is too busy. B. Because she has a bad cold.
C. Because her computer doesn’t work.
III. 长对话理解 (共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
16. What is Maggie?
A. A teacher. B. A student. C. A policewoman.
17. What does Maggie think of Jason’s job?
A. Great. B. Dangerous. C. Boring.
18. Who is answering the telephone call?
A. Susan. B. Robert. C. Richard.
19. What’s Susan going to do tomorrow morning?
A. To visit the museum. B. To go to the park. C. to stay home and study
20. How are they going there?
A. By bike. B. By taxi. C. By bus.
IV. 短文理解 (共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
21. Where does Jack live in England?
A. In a village. B. On a farm. C. In a town.
22. What did he go to Russia for?
A. He went there on business. B. He went there for holiday. C. He went to visit his friends.
23. How long did he stay in Russia?
A. For a few days. B. For a few weeks. C. For a few months.
24. Why was he almost knocked down?
A. Because the street was too busy. B. Because he was walking in a hurry.
C. Because he forgot the traffic rules there.
25. What did the old man mean?
A. He wanted to help Jack. B. He told Jack where he was.
C. He wanted to sell maps to Jack.
V. 信息转换 (共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共三大题，满分55分)
31. -- I need something for cutting the paper.
-- Oh, you want a knife? OK, I'll get ______ for you.
A. it B. that C. this D. one
32. It's nice of you to ______ so much time showing me around your school.
A. take B. spend C. cost D. have
33. -- What time do you expect me back, Mum?
-- Say, ______half an hour.
A. at B. before C. in D. for
34. -- Did you find the small village yesterday?
-- Yes, without any difficulty, for it has ______ changed over years.
A. hardly B. greatly C. clearly D. nearly
35. Bob promises to join in the football match ______ he has to help his parents on the farm.
A. if B. as C. unless D. when
36. -- I hope you don't mind my opening the window.
-- ______ It's much too hot in here.
A. Certainly B. Of course not
C. All right D. Never mind
37. -- How can I ______ well with my lessons, Dad?
-- Practice makes perfect.
A. work on B. hold on C. get on D. keep on
38. There are so many kinds of computers in the shop. I really don't know ______ to choose.
A. what B. which C. how D. where
39. -- Could you tell me something about the boy who helped you just now?
-- Sorry, I know nothing about him. We are______.
A. friends B. neighbors C. classmates D. strangers
40. -- Do you often watch Man and Nature on TV?
--Sometimes. It's an interesting program, but I______ Sports News.
A. prefer B. want C. enjoy D. miss
41. -- Have you ever been to Shanghai, Mary?
-- Yes. I _______ there for three clays with my parents last month.
A. have gone B. have been C. went D. was
42. -- Please bring little Tom next time you come to Anhui.
--______, thank you.
A. I will B. I hope so C. That's right D. My pleasure
43. -- What will the weather be like tomorrow?
-- It ______ be rainy, cloudy or sunny. Who knows?
A. must B. might C. shall D. should
44. -- Are you going to the party?
-- No, because I ______.
A. have asked B. haven't asked
C. have been asked D. haven't been asked
45. The teacher asked the boy many questions, but he only answered ______ of them.
A. some B. lots C. each D. few
46. -- It seems that Alice never wants to do anything except draw pictures.
-- Right. That's what she likes to do ______.
A. more B. less C. most D. least
47. -- Why didn't you go to the cinema with us this afternoon?
-- I ______ at the station for my uncle from Beijing.
A. was waiting B. have waited C. am waiting D. will wait
48. -- Dad, it's such a long way from our home to the park!
-- You mean it's ______ to take a taxi?
A. popular B. necessary C. possible D. important
49. -- Excuse me. May I use your eraser, please?
-- Sure. ______
A. Watch out! B. Well done! C. Go ahead. D. Follow me.
50. I couldn't get through the door because there was a big box ______.
A. by the way B. on the way C. out of the way D. in the way VII. 完形填空（共20小题；每小题1.5分，满分30分）
A group of frogs were traveling through the forests, but unluckily two of them fell into a , the other frogs asked, "Didn't you hear us?" The frog, who had a poor explained, "I thought you were encouraging me all the timid."
The story teaches us a : There is power(力量) of life and death in the tongue. An word to those who are down can help them out while a discouraging word can kill them.
51. A. small B. deep C. big D. wide
52. A. care B. refuse C. insist D. think
53. A. kept B. finished C. practiced D. stopped
54. A. Luckily B. Finally C. Suddenly D. Happily
55. A. went on B. ran away C. jumped out D. gave up
56. A. happened B. continued C. planned D. wanted
57. A. got out B. ran away C. got off D. woke up
58. A. smelling B. eyesight C. hearing D. looking
59. A. way ]3. skill C. sentence D. lesson
60. A. interesting B. exciting C. excellent D. encouraging B
Everybody dreams. Some people think dreams can tell us about the future. Other people we fly, swim, or fall down in our dreams, it has a Lots of doctors help people These days, many scientists that dreams are very important. During the day, we have the brain, we may find answers to our questions about dreams.
61. A. body B. spirit C. brain D. heart
62. A. never B. seldom C. ever D. often
63. A. symbols B. examples C. numbers D. pictures
64. A. special B. serious C. similar D. great
65. A. finish B. forget C. understand D. continue
66. A. hopes B. rights C. positions D. abilities
67. A. reply B. believe C. doubt D. worry
68. A. experiences B. dreams C. mistakes D. inventions
69. A. passes on B. looks into C. throws away D. asks for
70. A. feelings B. stories C. lives D. memories
A: What's the date today?
B: It's June 16.
A: Did you have rice dumplings this morning?
B: Sure. A: I didn't.
B: What a pity! But I happen to have got some with me. A: I'd love to. By the way, why do you call it Dragon Boat, Festival? B: Because in China, people race dragon boats this day every year.
B: You are welcome.
Living in a foreign culture can be exciting, but it can also be confusing (令人迷惑的). A group of Americans who taught English in other countries
recently discussed their experiences. They decided that miscommunications were always possible, even over something as simple as "yes" and "no".
On her first day in Micronesia, an island in the Pacific, Lisa thought people weren’t paying any attention to her. The day was hot. She went into a store and asked, “Do you have cold drinks. The woman there didn't say anything. Lisa repeated the question. Still the Woman said nothing. She later learned that the woman had answered her: She had raised her eyebrows (眉毛), which in Micronesia means "yes".
Jan remembered an experience she had in Bulgaria, a country in Europe. She went to a restaurant that was known for its cabbage. She asked the waiter, "Do, you have cabbage today?" He nodded his head. Jan waited, but the cabbage never came. In that country, a nod means no.
Tom had a similar problem when he arrived in India. After explaining something in class, he asked his students if they understood. They answered with many different nods and shakes of the head. He thought some people had not understood, so he explained again. When he asked again, they did the same thing~ He soon found out that his students did understand. In India, people nod and shake their heads in different ways depending on where they come from. You have to know where a person is from to understand whether they mean "yes" or "no".
76. These Americans teaching English in other countries found that they ______.
A. should go abroad for vacations
B. needed to learn foreign languages
C. should often discuss their experiences
D. had problems with communications
77. People in Micronesia show "yes" by ____.
A. nodding heads B. raising eyebrows
C. shaking heads D. saying "no"
78. Tom misunderstood his class at first because
A. he did not know much about Indian culture
B. he didn't explain everything clearly enough
C. some students didn't understand his questions
D. he didn't know where the students came from
79. Which of the following is TRUE according to(根据) this passage?
A. In Bulgaria, nodding heads means no.
B. Jan taught English on a Pacific island.
C. Lisa was trying to buy some cabbage.
D. In India, only shaking heads means "YES".
80. The passage is mainly about _____.
A. body language in foreign restaurants
B. class discussion in Indian schools
C. miscommunication in different cultures
D. English teaching in other countries
Once there was a piano player in a bar(酒吧). People came just to hear him play. But one night, a lady asked him to sing a song.
"I don't sing," said the man.
But the lady told the waiter, "I'm tired of listening to the piano. I want the player to sing! The waiter shouted across the room, "Hey, friend! If you want to get paid, sing a song!'
So he did. He had never sung in public before. Now he was singing for the very first time! Nobody had ever heard the song Mona Lisa sung so beautifully!
He had talent(天赋) he was sitting on! He may have lived the rest of his life as a no-name piano player in a no-name bar. But once he found, by accident, that he could sing well, he went on working hard and became one of the best-known singers in the US. His name was Nat King Cole. You, too, have skills and abilities. You may not feel that your talent is great, but it may be better than you think. With hard work, most skills can be improved. Besides, you may have no success at all ff you just your talent.
81. The lady asked the player to sing a song because _____.
A. she had paid him for this B. she knew him very well
C. she wanted to have a change D. she enjoyed his singing
82. Nat King Cole succeeded because _____.
A. the lady helped him a lot B. he caught the chance
C. he continued to play in the bar D. he stopped playing the piano
83. The words "sit on" in the passage probably mean"
A. fail to realize B. forget to use
C. try to develop D. manage to show
84. From the story we know if you have some talent, you should _____.
A. hide it and wait B. ask others for help
C. pay no attention to it D. work hard to improve yourself
85. Which could be the best title (标题) for the passage?
A. Sing in the Bar B. Achieve Success in Life
C. Never Lose Heart D. Find Your Hidden Talent
Read the questions and answer YES or NO, then you will find out how good you are.
1. When you don t understand something, you ask questions.
2. You like listening to older people talk about the post.
3. You think that you con learn something interesting from everyone around you.
4. You ore brave enough when you have to talk to people you don't know.
5. You enjoy reading books about famous people.
6. You always see and talk to different people.
7. You are interested in learning new ways of doing things.
8. You enjoy shying experiences with friends and learning from people of all ages.
9.You talk o lot about yourself.
10. Even if you ore often wrong, you make your own decisions.
11.You hate teaching what you are good at: sports, technology, whatever.
12.Your parents don't understand you, so you don't talk to them much. SCORE NOW!
Score 2 points if you answer YES to each of tile first 8 questions, and 0 if you choose NO. Score 2 points if you answer NO to each of the last 4 questions, and 0 if you choose YES. 18--24. You are friendly and open-minded. You make people feel important by listening to what they have to say. You'll probably succeed in learning al1 kinds of interesting things. Good for you!
10--16 Remember that every single person you know can teach you something. You will greatly make your life rich and colorful.
0- 8 About 400 years ago, a famous writer wrote, "No man is an island." This is still mm today. Try to be more open and interested in people around you.
86. If you say "YES" to all these questions, you'll get ____ points.
A. 12 B. 16 C. 20 D. 24
87. When you score 22 points, you are _____.
A. shy and nervous B. silent and serious
C. open and friendly D. brave and strong
88. The writer thinks you should _____.
A. always see and talk to the same people
B. make your Own decision whenever you want
C. enjoy teaching what you are good at
D. talk much about yourselves when possible
89. "No man is an island." in the text probably means that _____.
A. the famous writer was very clever
B. everything is the same as 400 years ago
C. you will feel lonely if on an island
D. you can not live alone in the world
90. The questions are used to test whether you are willing to __
A. learn from others B. help other people
C. do all by yourself D. depend on others
Doctor Seuss was born in 1904. By the middle 1950s, he had become one of
the best-loved and most successful children's book writers in the world. His
books are very popular with young readers. They enjoy the invented words and
the pictures of unusual funny animals and plants.
In 1954, life magazine published(刊登) a report about school children who could not read. The report said many children's books were not interesting. Doctor Seuss strongly hoped to help
children and decided to write books that were interesting and easy to read. He used words with the
same ending sound, like fish and wish. He did not receive training in art. Yet, he drew the pictures for most of his books.
In 1957, Dr. Seuss wrote The Cat in the Hat. He used less than 230 words to write the book and even a six-year-old should be able to read it. It was a fun story and easy to read. Children loved it. Their parents loved it, too. Today it is still one of the stories they like best. The success of The Cat in the Hat made him want to write more books for children. In 1960, he wrote a book using less than fifty words. The book is called Green Eggs and Ham.
In 1984, Doctor Seuss won a Pulitzer Prize (普利策奖). He was honored for the education and enjoyment his books provided American children and their parents.
He died at the age of 87, but his influence remains. Millions of his books have been sold worldwide. People say his books helped change the way American children learned to read. Yet, his books are loved by people of all ages. Doctor Seuss once said, "I do not write for children. I write for people.
91. Doctor Seuss learned from the magazine that _______.
A. some school children could not read
B. many children's books were interesting
C. children wanted to learn to read
D. a writer for children was wanted
92. People like his books because the books ______.
A. are cheap and easy to get
B. were written in different languages
C. are easy and interesting to read
D. were written with invented words
93. He wrote the book The Cat in the Hat at the age of _____.
A. 50 B. 53 C. 56 D. 87
94. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Doctor Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Ham with over 230 words.
B. Doctor Seuss wrote books only for children in the United States.
C. The Cat in the Hat was written only for six-year-old children.
D. His books provided education and enjoyment for Americans.
95. From the text we know that Doctor Seuss __________.
A. won a Pulitzer Prize soon after his death
B. sold millions of his books himself worldwide
C. changed American children's way of reading
D. wrote the largest number of books in the world
96. Do you think this kind of water is s_____(安全) for drinking?
97. He is writing on the blackboard with a piece of c_____ (粉笔).
98. Our teachers are all very s_____ (严格) with us students.
99. Tom i_____ (邀请) all his best friends to his birthday party last Sunday.
100. We have to d_____ (携带) a lot of books in our school bags every day.
I-IV. 1-5 BABCA 6-10 ABCBB 11-15 ACAAC
16 -20 ABBCC 21 ~25 CBACC
V. 26. speaker 27. history 28. two/2 29. hall 30. film/movie
VI. 31-35 DBCAC 36-40 BCBDA 41-45 DABDA 46-50 CABCD
VII. 51-55 BAABD 56-60 BACDD 61-65 CDAAC 66-70 ABACD
VIII. 71 - 75 FAGEC
IX. 76-80 DBAAC 81-85 CBADD 86-90 BCCDA 91~95 ACBDC
X. 96. safe 97. chalk 98. strict 99. invited 100. carry
XI. One possible version
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am a middle school student. I have recently learned from the newspaper that you are going to build a factory here in my hometown. There is no doubt that it is good for the development of my hometown and it will provide us with more jobs. Most of us stand by the program. However, some of us are worried that the factory will make much noise and pollute the environment of the area. I would like to know whether you have any plans for the environment protection.
Would you please offer us more information about it?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.