直接引语（Direct Speech）：当我们引用别人的话语时，若引用的是原话，被引用的部分叫直接引语。间接引语（Indirect Speech）：当我们引用别人的话语时，也可以用自己的话把意思转述出来，这种转述的别人说话的部分叫做间接引语。 例句：1. She said ,” I like English very much. “ 她说：“我非常喜欢英语”。（直接引语）
2. She said she liked English very much. 她说她非常喜欢英语。 （间接引语）
She said. “My brother wants to go with me.”
→She said her brother wanted to go with her.
He said to Kate，"How is your sister now?"
→He asked Kate how her sister was then.
Mr. Smith said，“Jack is a good worker.”
→Mr. Smith said Jack was a good worker.
1. She said. “I have lost a pen.” →She said she had lost a pen.
2. She said. “We hope so.” →She said they hoped so.
(一般现在 → 一般过去)
3. She said,“He will go to see his friend。”
→She said he would go to see his friend. (一般将来 → 过去将来)
“The earth moves around the sun and the moon moves around the earth”, the teacher told me.
→ The teacher told me the earth moves around the sun and the moon moves around the earth。
Jack said, “John, where were you going when I met you in the street?”
→Jack asked John where he was going when he met him in the street.
Xiao Wang said，“I was born on April 20, 1980.”
→Xiao Wang said he was born on April 20, 1980.
He said, “I get up at six every morning.”
→He said he gets up at six every morning.
⑤如果直接引语中的情态动词没有过去时的形式（例：ought to，had better，used to)和已经是
过去时的形式时，（例：could, should, would, might）不再变。如：
Peter said，“You had better come have today.”
→Peter said I had better go there that day.
例1）John said, “I’ve been late again.”
→ John said that he had been late again.
例2）She said ,”We are very fond of sports.”
→ She said that they were very fond of sports.
一般疑问句改为间接引语时，要用陈述语序，并要加连词if 或 whether，其主句动词常用ask, wonder, want to know, didn't know等。句末不用问号。
例1）My teacher asked me, “Do you like American country music ?”
→ My teacher asked me if/whether I liked American country music.
反意疑问句转述为间接引语时，要把它看成是一般疑问句，即句型为陈述句，在句子前面加if或whether，往往后面还要加上or not，常用whether……or not. 例1）She cried, ”You have made a big mistake, haven’t you ?”
→ She cried whether I had made a big mistake or not.
如果直接引语为否定的一般问句或选择疑问句时，用whether……or not连接。 例1）She said, Don't you know my telephone number
→ She asked me whether I knew her telephone number or not.
例2）Do you like this one or that one Tom asked.
→ Tom asked me whether I liked this one or that one.
例1）He asked, “How do you like it ?”
→ He asked me how I liked it.
例2）She asked me, “What's the matter with you?”
→ She asked me what was the matter with me.
例3）”How many books do you have?” she asked.
→ She asked me how many books I had.
1．直接引语为祈使句时，间接引语往往用复合宾来表示，其结构为主语+谓语+宾语+宾语补足语（动词不定式）。引述动词可根据口气选用tell, ask, order, command, request等词，句中please去掉。
例1）She said to me, “Please have a rest. “
→ She asked me to have a rest.
例2）”Don't all answer at once”, she said to the pupils.
→ She told the pupils not to answer all at once.
2．带有let的祈使句（表示请求，建议或命令），可用suggest + -ing形式或suggest +that从句来表示其相应的意思。
例1）”Let's go for a walk”, said the girl.
→ The girl suggested going for a walk.
例2）The teacher said, “Let Lily tidy the classroom.”
→ The teacher suggested that Lily should tidy the classroom.
例1）”What a clever boy you are!” My teacher said to him.
→ My teacher told him what a clever boy he was.
→ My teacher told him that he was a very clever boy.
例2）She said,” How interesting the film is !”
→ She said that how interesting the film was.
例1） “Help! “he cried.
→ He called for help.
例2）”Happy Christmas!” he said.
→ He wished me a happy Christmas.
G. “Would you please ……? “ 如何变为间接引语
“ Would you please ……? “虽然是个一般疑问句，但它表示的是”请求”,变为间接引语时，一般用动词不定式来表示。
句型：主语+ ask / invite +宾语+不定式
例1）”Would you please have lunch with me tomorrow ?” Mr Zhou asked me.
→ Mr Zhou asked / invited me to have lunch with him the next day.
→ She said that she liked maths very much. (一般过去时)
2）He said, “ I’ve never seen this man .” （现在完成时）
→ He said that he had never seen that man. （过去完成时）
例3）Joe said ,” I’m listening to music in my room.” （现在进行时） → Joe said that he was listening to music in his room. （过去进行时） 重要提示1 ：当引语表示一般真理或客观事实时，转化为间接引语时时态不变，并且要使用一般现在时。如：
例1）He asked, “ which star is the biggest ?”
→ He asked which star is the biggest .
例2) The teacher told us ,”The earth goes around the sun.”
→ The teacher told us the earth goes around the sun.
例1）Chloe said,” The story took place in the 1930s.”
例1）My sister asked me ,”Could you bring the chairs upstairs ?”
→ My sister asked me if I could take the chairs upstairs.
1. A: What did your teacher say just now ?
B: He asked me ________ this morning.
A. how did Tom come to school B. When Tom got to school
C. Why was Tom late for school
2. Tom said he ________ back in a week.
A. will come B. would come C. come
3. The policeman asked the child _________ so that he could take him home.
A. where did he live B. where he lived C. how he lived
4. John asked me _______ to visit his uncle’s farm with him.
A. how would I like B. if or not would I like
C. whether I would like D. which I would like
5. He asked ________ for the computer.
A. did I pay how much B. paid how much
C. how much did I pay D. how much I paid
6.---“Please close the window,” he said to me.
---He ______ me _____ the window.
A. said to; to close B. told to; closing C. asked ; to close D. said to; please close
7.---“I am a teacher,” Jack said.
→ He said _________.
A. that I am a teacher B. I was a teacher C. that he is a teacher D. he was a teacher
8.---He said, “Mother, the boy is very naughty.”
→He _____very naughty.
A. said his mother that the boy was B. said to his mother that the boy is
C. told his mother that the boy was D. spoke to his mother that the boy was
9.---He asked , “ Are you a League member?”
→He asked me _________.
A. am I a League member B. was I a League member
C. if I was a League member D. whether a League member.
10.He asked, “How are you getting along?”
→He asked _______.
A. how am I getting along B. how are you getting along
C. how I was getting along D. how was I getting along
11.---He said, “Don’t do that again.”
→He _____ me _______ that again.
A. said to me; not to do B. said to me; don’t do
C. told me; don’t do D. told me; not to do
12. I wonder if he ________ tonight. If he ________, I’ll let you know.
A. will come; will come B. comes; comes C. will come; comes D. comes; will come
13. Nobody knows ________ he’ll come or not.
A. that B. if C. / D, whether
14. I can’t say _________ I want to see him again. We haven’t seen each other for nearly three years.
A. how long B. how much C. how soon D. how often
15. After the examination, my teacher told me that failure ______ the mother of success.
A. was B. is C. be D. Been
16. “You’ ve already got well, haven’ t you？” she asked.
→She asked ________.
A. if I have already got well, hadn’ t you B. whether I had already got well
C. have I already got well D. had I already got well.
17. Excuse me， but can you tell me ___________？
A. where can I get to the library B. where I can get to the library
C. how can I get to the library D. how I can get to the library
18. I’d like to know ________ Chinese.
A. when he began to learn B. when did he begin to learn
C. when did he begin learning D. for how long he began to learn
19. He asked me ________ with me.
A. what the matter is B. what the mater was
C. what’s the matter D. what was the matter
20. Can you make sure ___________？
A. that he will come here today B. when he will come here today
C. will he come here today D. whether will he come here today
1. “My parents are very well. “ said Tom.
2. He asked, “ Tom, where did you read it ?”
3. The doctor said,” Stay in bed for a few days.”
4. Tom said,” I woke up feeling ill.”
5. He said,” I’ll tell Ann I saw you.”
6. “ Is he doing his homework ?” Jim asked.
7. Do you like to make friends with us ？ He asked.
8. Tina said ,” I usually get up at six.”
9.Nell said,” I have worked out this problem.”
10. Joanna said,” Professor Black is going to give a lecture next week.”
11. The boy said,” This is the first time I have been here.”
12. He said: “I’ve left my book in my room.”
13. The teacher said to the students, “Don’t waste your time.”
14. He said to me, “I was born in 1978.”
15. The engineer said, “I was at college in 1967.”
16. “Where does your chemistry teacher live, Karen?”the young man asked. → ______________________________________________
17. “Light travels faster than sound.” the physics teacher said to the boys and girls. → ______________________________________________
18. “What did you do here yesterday? ”the old man asked my brother.
19. My father said, “Practice makes perfect.”
20. She said to Tom, “Can you help me?”
21. The teacher said, “The earth goes round the sun.”