(1)时间状语从句常用when, as, while, before, after, since, till, until, as soon as等连词来引导。例如： It was raining hard（下大雨） when got to school yesterday.
While he was doing his homework, the telephone rang. the lake, he sang happily.
He had learned a little Chinese before he came to China.
After he finished middle school, he went to work in a factory.
(2)在时间状语从句里，通常不用将来时态，用现在时态表示将来的动作或状态。例如： I’ll ring you up as soon as I get to New York.
I will tell him everything when he comes back.
He won’t believe it until he sees it with his own eyes.
(3)在带有till或until引导的时间状语从句的主从复合句里，如果主句用肯定式，其含义是“一直到……时”，谓语动词只能用延续性动词。如果主句用否定式，其含义是“直到……才……”, “在……以前不……”, 谓语动词可用瞬间动词。例如： （熄灭）.
Let’s wait until the rain stops.
We won’t start until Bob comes.
Don’t until the bus stops.
【Till是指直到某一特定事件发生的时候，而在那个时刻之后，该事情或状况仍将持续。 Until是指直到某一特定事件发生的时候，而讲话的人在自己心里认为，在那个时刻之后，该事情或该状况将中止（不怎么可能持续）。固定组合里from morning till night，till/until是不能替换的，】
What shall we do if it snows tomorrow?
Don’t leave the building unless I tell you to.
I’ll help you with your English if am free tomorrow.
He won’t be late unless he is ill.
(3)“祈使句 + and (or)+ 陈述句” 在意思上相当于一个带有条件状语从句的复合句。例如： Hurry up, or you’ll be late. =If you don’t hurry up, you’ll be late.
Study hard and you will pass the exam. =If you study hard, you will pass the exam.
(1)原因状语从句通常由because, since, as引导。例如：
He didn’t come to school because he was ill.
go the zoo.
Since you can’t answer the question, I’ll ask someone else.
------Why aren’t going there?
------Because I don’t want to.
As he has no car, he can’t get there easily.
Since we have no money, we can’t buy it.
(1)结果状语从句由so…that, such…that, so that引导。例如：
He is so poor that he can’t buy a bike for his son.
She is such a good teacher that everybody likes her.
My pencil fell under the desk, so that I couldn’t see it.
在由so...that引导的结果状语从句中，so是副词，与形容词连用。其结构是: “...so + 形容词（副词）+ that + 从句”。例如：
He was so glad that he couldn’t say a word.
The hall is so big that it can hold 2,000 people.
It was such a hot day that nobody wanted to do anything.
He had such long arms that he could almost touch the ceiling.（天花板）
He made such rapid progress that he did very well in the mid-term.
It was such a wonderful film that all of us wanted to see it again.
=The film was so wonderful that all of us wanted to see it again.
It is such an important match that nobody wants to miss it.
=The match is so important that nobody wants to miss it.
(3)如果名词前由many, much, little, few等词修饰时，只能用so, 不用such。例如：
Soon there were so many deer that they ate up all the wild roses.
He has so little time that he can’t with you.
比较状语从句通常由as…as, 比较级 + than…等连词引导。例如：
Tom runs faster than John does.
This classroom is as big as that one.
(1)目的状语从句通常由 so that, in order that（为了，以便）引导。例如：
We started early so that we could catch the first train.
He studies hard so that he could work better in the future.
We used the computer in order that we might save time.
(2)so that既可引导目的状语从句，又可引导结果状语从句。区别这两种从句的办法有两个：1)目的状语从句里往往带有情态动词can, could, may, might等。2)从意思上看，目的状语从句往往表示的目的很明确。例如：
Speak clearly so that they may understand you. (目的状语从句)
Jack is badly ill so that he has to rest. (结果状语从句)
Though he is young, he knows a lot.
Although I am tired, I must go on working.
我们不能说：Though it was raining hard, but he still went out.
应该说：Though it was raining hard, he still went out.或It was raining hard, but he still went out.
Go where you like.
Where there is a will, there is a way.
方式状语从句 连 词 when, whenever, while, as, before, after, since, till, once（一旦） where, wherever because, since, as, for, now that（既然，由于）etc. （et cetera，等于and so on） in order that(为了，以便), so that, that, etc. so…that, so that, such…that, that, etc. if, unless, as(so)long as, etc. though, although, even if, even though, however, whatever, as, etc. as…as, so…as, than, etc. as, as if, as though, etc.
1. _______ he’s old, he can still carry this heavy bag.
A. Though B. Since C. For D. So
2. ---Do you know if he _______ to play basket ball with us?
---I think he will come if he ______ free tomorrow.
A. comes; is B. comes; will be C. will come; is D. will come; will be
3. In the zoo if a child _____ into the water and can’t swim, the dolphins may come up ______ him. 3
A. will fall; to help B. falls; to help C. will fall; help D. falls; helping
4. I don’t remember ________ he worked in that city when he was young.
A. what B. which C. where D. who
5. We will stay at home if my aunt ________ to visit us tomorrow.
A. comes B. come C. will come D. is coming
6. The police asked the children _______ cross the street ________ the traffic lights turned green.
A. not; before B. don’t; when C. not to; until D. not; after
7. I was late for class yesterday _______ there was something wrong with my bike.
A. when B. that C. until D. because
8. I’ll go swimming with you if I ________ free tomorrow.
A. will be B. shall be C. am D. was
9. In the exam, the ________ you are, ______ the _______ mistakes you will make.
A. careful; little B. more careful; fewest C. more careful; fewer D. more careful; less
10. You should finish your lessons _______ you go out to play.
A. before B. after C. when D. while
11. I hurried _____ I wouldn’t be late for class.
A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless
12. When you read the book, you’d better make a mark _______ you have any questions.
A. which B. that C. where D. though
13. The teacher raised his voice _______ all the students could hear him.
A. for B. so that C. because D. in order
14. He took off his coat _______ he felt hot.
A. because B. as C. if D. since
15. It is ______ that we’d like to go out for a walk.
A. a lovely day B. too lovely a day C. so lovely a day D. such lovely a day
16. Mary had ______ much work to do that she stayed at her office all day.
A. such B. so C. too D. very
17. _______ I felt very tired, I tried to finish the work.
A. Although B. Because C. As D. As if
18. ______ the day went on, the weather got worse.
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
19. ______ well you can drive, you must drive carefully.
A. So long as B. In order that C. No matter how D. The moment
20. Write to me as soon as you ________ to Beijing.
A. will get B. get C. getting D. got
1 The meeting didn't start___ everyone was there.
A. because B. until C. why D. if
2 The boy ___ to bed ___ his mother came in.
A. went not; until B. didn't go; after C. went; until D. didn't go; until
3 I won't believe you___ I have seen it with my own eyes.
A. before B. until C. after D. when
4 He ___ home ___ she was satisfied ___ his answer yesterday.
A. didn't go; until; with B. wasn't go; after; to
C. doesn't go; before; with D. didn't go; until; to
5 He ___ back until the work ___ done.
A. isn't; will be B. isn't; is C. won't be; will be D. won't be; is
6 They didn't start the work ___ their teacher came back.
A. until B. while C. as soon as D. if
7. Tom will call me as soon as he ___ Shanghai.
A. arrives B. will reach C. arrives in D. get to
8. I'm sure he'll come to see me before he ___ Beijing.
A. will leave B. is leaving C. leave D. leaves
9. I will tell him the news as soon as he___ back.
A. come B. comes C. will come D. came
10. Tom has got a watch. He ___ it for two years. It _______ by his father.
A. has bought; was bought B. has got; is bought , C. was bought; has bought . D. has had; was bought "'
11. When he got to the station, the train ___.
A. left B. had left C. leaves D. has left
12. The boy told his father what he ___ in the street.
A. saw B. have seen C. had seen D. see
13.We ___ TV when the telephone ____.
A. watched; was ringing B. were watching; rang C. watch; rings D. are watching; rang
14.By the end of last term, I___ ten books.
A. had finished reading B. have finish reading C. had finish to read D. finish read
15. I ___ you for a long time. Where ___ you ___?
A. didn't see; did; go B. didn't see; have; goneC. haven't seen; have; been D. haven't seen; have; gone
16. Tom___ China for 3 years.
A. has been B. has been in C. has been to D. has been at
17. I won't go to see the film tonight, because I ___ my ticket.
A. lost B. have lost C. will lose D. didn't lose
18.-Hello! May I speak to Bob?
-Sorry, but he ___ for a month.
A. had been away B. was left C. left D. has been away
19. I ___ him since I began to live in the city.
A. know B. have known C. knew D. will know
20.Zhao Lan ___ already ___ in this school for two years.
A. was; studying B. will; study C. has; studied D. are; studying
21.Betty didn't go to see the film yesterday ___ she was ill.
A. because B. but C. until D. if
22 May I sit nearer___I can see more clearly?
A. as if B. so that C. even if D. so
23 ___ you work hard, you will certainly succeed.
A. Though B. If C. Because D. For
24 ___ he came to study in the university, he has made much progress in the study of English.
A. While B. When C. Since D. After
25 I'd like to go swimming _____ the water is not too cold.
A. for B. unless C. if D. whether
26 There are ___ many league members in class 2 ___ in Class 4.
A. both; and B. 'so; that C. either; or D. as; as
27. -Do you have a big library?
-No, we don't. At least, not___yours.
A. as big as B. as big than C. as bigger than D. bigger as
28. Suzhou is not ____ beautiful ____ Hangzhou.
A. as; than B. so; as C. even; than D. /; than
29. Iron is more useful ___ any other metal.
A. as B. than C. then D. so
30. I want to know ___ she is going to see a film.
A. if B. that C. what D. which
一. 1.A 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.A 6.C 7.D 8.C 9.C 10.A
11.B 12.C 13.B 14.A 15.C 16.B 17.A 18.D 19.C 20.B
1-5B D B A D 6-10 A C D B D 11-15 B C B AC 16-20B B D B C
26-30 D A B B A
21-25A B B C C 6