Class ________ Name ________ I. 用括号内所给词的适当形式完成句子：
1. He looked very ________ when he learnt all the crops were destroyed. (sadly)
2. The girl was so ________ that she hid herself behind the door. (frighten)
3. Mr. Black is kind to everyone. He is really a person. (friend)
4. Don’t miss a new cartoon. It is very ______ (excite )
5. After hearing the old woman’s words, Linda’s face turned still _____ ( red )
6. The next day, thy boy was ________ to see the ground was covered with snow. (surprise)
7. The musical Cat is so _________ that many people like to enjoy it. (interest)
8. --- What a ______ day! Let’s go for a picnic, shall we? ---Good idea! (please)
9. We should obey traffic rules in order to keep ourselves __________. (save) 10. Someone thinks that the number 13 is an _______ number. ( luck )
11. Look! The famous actress is dancing very ________ at the dancing party.
12. Everyone should be ________ to cross the street. Wait until the traffic lights change to green. (care)
13. I can’t ____________ afford a new car right now. (possible)
14. The plane landed _______ at last after flying in the storm for about one hour. (safe)
15. Please read the passage and then finish the exercises. (care)
16. ________, we weren’t caught in the heavy rain last night. (luck)
17. The doctor is used to speaking to his patients __________. (gentle)
18. He threw the book on the table and shouted at me ________. (angry)
19. You must read ________ so as to learn more. (wide)
20. Our monitor can ___________ finish the task our class teacher gives him. (easy)
21. The son told his father _______ that he had got first prize in the English contest.
22. I’m glad that you did most of your questions ______. (correct)
23. ________, many readers are already trying to guess what will happen in Harry Potter. (final)
24. The lecturer from the university spoke so __________ that I could hear every
25. Something is wrong with my foot. I have to walk ___________. (slow)
( ) 1. Please speak English as _______ as possible in order to improve your spoken
A. fast B. soon C. often D. many
( ) 2. After the racing car started, it ran __________.
A. quicker and quicker B. more and more quickly
C. quick and quick D. more and more quick
( ) 3. Look ______ at the photo. Do you know the man?
A. careful B. carefully C. more careful D. most carefully
( ) 4.We know that Mount Everest is ______ mountain in the world.
A. high B. higher C. highest D. the highest
( ) 5.The boss said to Billy, “Your idea sounds _______, we’ll try it in our project”.
A. clearly B. fluently C. good D. sad
( ) 6.Is everything on the moon _____ it is on the earth?
A. so light as B. as light as C. as lighter as D. so lighter as
( ) 7. I’m shortsighted and I can’t see the words on the notice board ______.
A. clear B. clearly C. carefully D. good
( ) 8.Jean works hard but she doesn’t work ______ Mary.
A. as harder than B. as hard than C. as harder as D. as hard as
( ) 9.This is ______ book in our library.
A. the most interesting B. most interesting
C. the more interesting D. more interesting
( ) 10.Do you think math is ______ important than English?
A. very B. as C. more D. quite
( ) 11.Tom failed in the exam. He looked ______.
A. happy B. sadly C. upset D. lovely
( ) 12.A taxi doesn’t run as ______ as an underground train.
A. fast B. faster C. fastest D. more fast
( ) 13.Yangpu Bridge is one of ______ in the world.
A. bigger bridge B. the biggest bridge
C. the biggest bridges D. bigger bridges
( ) 14.Her cousin can draw ______ an artist.
A. as well as B. not so well as C. as better as D. as good as
( ) 15. 30,000 dollars is a large amount of money, but it’s ______ than we need.
A. far more B. very much C. far less D. very little
( ) 16. Mr. Smith thought the Century Park was the second ______ in Shanghai.
A. large B. larger C. largest D. very large
( ) 17.I think Yao Ming, the famous basketball player, will be ______ new star in
A. hot B. hotter C. hottest D. the hottest
( ) 18.All of us are proud of the great changes in Shanghai. We’re sure Shanghai
will be even ______ tomorrow.
A. good B. better C. best D. the best
( ) 19. “I’ve got an A for my history,” Judy said ______.
A. sadly B. sad C. happily D. happy
( ) 20. When spring comes, days are getting____ and _____.
A. warm, warm B. warmer, warmer
C. long, long D. more and more long
( ) 21. Is there ______ to discuss at the class meeting?
A. something important B. anything important
C. important something D. important anything
( ) 22. The girl feels _______ worse after taking such medicine.
A. much more B. even C. even more D. more
( ) 23. The cheese cake tasted so _____ that the kids asked for more.
A. delicious B. well C. bad D. badly
( ) 24. Of all the subjects, I like Chinese ________.
A. more B. better C. well D. best
( ) 25. In the exam, the ________ you are, the ________ mistakes you’ll make.
A. careful; little B. more careful; less
C. more careful; few D. more careful; fewer
( ) 26. ——I will give you some picture books.
——The ________, the ________.
A. more; better B. many; better C. most; best D. much; better
( ) 27. It is _____ for us to work out the maths problem.
A. easy enough B. easily enough C. very easily D. enough easy
( ) 28.You must keep your room _______ and tidy.
A. to clean B. cleaning C. clean D. cleaned III. 改写句子:
1. He is the tallest student in his class.
No one is _______ tall ________ him in his class.
He is taller than ______ _______ student in his class.
2. This watch is more expensive than any other one in the shop.
This watch is ________ _______ expensive one in the shop.
3. Tony is 15 years old. My sister is 15 years old, too.
Tony is _______ old _________ my sister.
4. She is 6 years old and she can go to school now.
She is 6 years old and is _______ _______ to go to school.
5. My brother is 16 years old, he can’t join the army.
My brother is 16 years old, so he is _______ young _______ join the army.
6. Mr. Green has a daughter. She is only eight months old.
Mr. Green has a ____________ ___________.
7. The population of China isn’t growing very fast now, but it grew fast in the past. The population of China isn’t growing ______ ______ _______ it was before.