V. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案):
31. Though he is only five years old, he can make __________ bed himself.
A. the B. a C. an D. /
32. The bike isn’t mine. It belongs to __________.
A. Mary’s B. me C. his D. her
33. Though Jenny has made very __________ progress in her English, she won’t give it up easily.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
34. Lucy usually rides to school. However, she goes to school __________ his father's car when it rains.
A. on B. in C. by D. with
35. The detectives kept their eyes __________ so that they wouldn't miss any people entering the building.
A. opening B. opened C. open D. to open
36. -- Who is knocking at the door?
-- __________ must be Miss Liu.
A. She B. Her C. She's D. It
37. It's never a good idea to __________ before the exams.
A. get up B. turn up C. stay up D. take up
38. __________ water is needed after the earthquake happened.
A. A large number of B. A large amount of C. The amount of D. The number of
39. Mark Twain is a famous writer __________ wrote 'The adventures of Tom Sawyer.
A. which B. he C. / D. that
40. __________ Roddy __________ Peterson is busy at the moment. You'd better ask someone else.
A. Both...and B. Not only...but also C. Neither...nor D. Either...or
41. , he didn't agree with me. The underlined part means __________.
A. To say something briefly B. To tell you a short story
C. To cut a story D. To make a story
42. My parents often warn me __________ outside too late at night.
A. don't stay B. to not stay C. not stay D. not to stay
43. __________ great help he offered to us! We really appreciate it.
A. What B. What a C. How D. How a
44. The river is __________ so that none of us dares to jump into it.
A. 4-meter-deep B. 4-meters-deep C. 4 meters deep D. 4-meter deep
45. About __________ the students take part in the interview.
A. two hundred of B. two hundred C. hundreds of D. two hundreds
46. To our great disappointment, when we got to the station, the train __________ already.
A. left B. has left C. had left D. was leaving
47. Daniel’s handwriting is better than __________ in his class.
A. the others B. anyone else's C. the rest D. others
48. As a student, it is better not to keep silent when you __________ questions.
A. ask B. asks C. asked D. are asked
49. It's good manners to behave properly at the table. The underlined part means __________.
A. probably B. quickly C. correctly D. professionally
50. --_______ I leave the table now?
-- No. You __________ finish it up first.
A. Must... needn't B. Can... can't C. May... must D. May... may
Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage (选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文): Cheng is not the only student in the country who faces problems communicating with the opposite gender（异性）. Earlier this month. Beijing announced that more schools in the city will try new classes in sex education later this year. For junior high school students, the program will teach them how to communicate with the opposite gender. "You may feel that it's not necessary to talk to boys in school. But, in the future when we grow up, men and women will work together and build families. How can you make things right if you never want to understand them?" she said. Man shared her impressions of boys: they cherish（珍惜）look at the bigger picture. could get some "fresh and interesting ideas". 3
How about girls talking to boys? Yin Donghui, 13, of Beijing has some advice - choose the topics that boys like. 85. A. sometimes B. always C. seldom D. often
86. A. what
87. A. get off
88. A. bed B. why B. get back B. good C. when C. get into C. small D. how D. get on D. big
89. A. through
90. A. eager B. with B. nervous C. in C. frightened D. for D. natural
91. A. like B. work C. do D. make
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words (在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给): ( 14 分） The school ran an activity called "making a living" recently. About 800 Junior 1 and Junior 2 students were d 93 into 112 teams. They went out to make money by selling things.
What did they choose to sell? Some sold newspapers; some chose bottled water; some sold environmentally friendly shopping bags and bemboo baskets.
A difficult start
Hu Qi’s team decided to sell ebuy such books for their children’s better development. But unfortunately, they came across urban management officers（城管）. The officers asked them to leave.
"We played hide-and-seek（捉迷藏书）with the officers for the whole morning" said Hu. "Finally we gave up and moved to other place."
what they were selling.
The team then put up a board saying the money was to help the "Project Hope" for country kids. It worked. More people came to their stall. A foreigner even gave them 100 yuan. "He didn't want any change. He Mid he had p 96 on the poor kids and he wanted to help them," said Wang. "We were touched."
They gave the 100 yuan to the "Project Hope" office later that day.
Meng Zbeoxiaag and his team were luckier. They sold all their cakes in four hours, spending 39.5 yuan and getting beck 80 yuan. They made 40.5 yuan. IX. Writing (作文):
Write at least 60 words about the topic "Success in my eyes"（以“我眼中的成功”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。）
Use the following points as a guide
? What is success in your eyes?
? Why do you think so? (Give at least two examples.)
? What would you do to achieve your success?