Jim/once a week
Li Ming / twice a week
Tony/3 or 4 times a week
Peter/never Lilei/hardly ever
How can we be healthy?
Exercise often and eat healthy food.
Could you tell us some healthy food?
Well. Fruit, vegetables, milk, rice and meat
Match the words 1a with the picture below. b e 1. ____ junk food 3. ___ fruit 5. ___ sleep f
a 2. ___ milk c 4. __ vegetables
d 6. __ coffee
cola, salad, soup, hot dog, milk, hamburger, dumpling, fruit, chicken, onion, potato, tomato
healthy: salad, soup, milk, dumpling, onion, fruit, chicken, potato, tomato unhealthy: cola, hot dog, hamburger
be good for 对??有好处 e.g. Milk is good for your health. 牛奶对健康有好处。
be bad for 对??有坏处
e.g. Hot dog is bad for your health. 热狗对我们的健康有坏处。
Ask and answer questions. Use the words from 1a.
I drink milk every day.
How often do you drink milk, Liu Fang?
No. But my mother wants me to drink it. She says it’s Do you like it? good for my health.
How often do you eat junk food?
I eat it once a week.
Do you like it?
Yes. But my mother doesn’t let me to eat it. She says it’s bad for my health.
How often do you drink/eat…?
I eat …
Do you like …?
Listen to the interview about two people’s eating habits. Circle your answers to each question.
Is Bill healthy? Yes. No. I don’t know.
Is Tina healthy? Yes. No. I don’t know.
Listen again and fill in the blanks.
Tina Bill every day _____ _______ _______ _____ _____ ______ _____ _____ _____ ______ _____ ______
Questions 1. How often do you exercise? 2. How often do you eat fruit? 3. How many hours do you sleep every night? 4. How often do you drink milk? 5. How often do you eat junk food? 6. How often do you drink coffee?
1. How often do you exercise? Tina: every day Bill: hardly ever 2. How often do you eat fruit? Tina: every day Bill: never 3. How many hours do you sleep every night? Tina: nine Bill: nine
4. How often do you drink milk?
Tina: every day Bill: never 5. How often do you eat junk food?
Tina: two or three times a week Bill: three or four time a week 6. How often do you drink coffee? Tina: never Bill: four times a day
Student A is the reporter. Student B is Tina or Bill. Ask and answer questions. Then change roles.
How often do you exercise? And how often do you …
I exercise every day.
How often do you exercise? How often do you eat fruit? …
I never exercise.
I never eat fruit. I ...
Rank these activities according to how often you think your classmates do them (1=most often, 6= least often).
watch TV go to the movies play computer games
exercise or play sports
use the Internet
go camping in the country
Let’s do a survey.
What do you do in your free time? Do exercise, use of the Internet or watching TV?
What activities do you think is healthy for the mind and the
Read the passage quickly and find the answer to the questions below.
1. How many kinds of free time activities are mentioned in the passage? Three. _______________________________
2. What is the best way to relax?
The best way to relax is through exercise. __________________________________
Read the passage carefully and complete the pie chart below.
______ % 15 every day
10 ______ % 3 or 4 times a week 20 ______ % no exercise 90 ______ % every day
20 ______ % 1-3 times 45 ______ % a week 4-6 times a week
Use of the Internet
13 % ______ 4-6 times a week
2 ______ % 1-3 times a week
______ % 85 every day Watch TV
Read the article again and answer the questions.
1. How many percent of the students do not exercise at all? Twenty percent students. __________________________________ 2. How many percent of the students use the Internet every day? Ninety percent students. __________________________________
3. How often do most students watch TV? Most students watch TV every day. _________________________________ What do they usually watch? They usually watch sports, game shows. _________________________________ 4. What does the writer think is the best way to relax? Exercising. _______________________________ Why? __________________________________ It’s healthy for the mind and the body.
5. Do you think the students in No. 5 are healthy? No, I don’t think so. _________________________________ Why or why not? Because most students use Internet or _________________________________ watch TV on their free time. They don’t _________________________________ like exercising. It’s unhealthy. _________________________________
According to the article and the pie charts, write sentences with the percentages using, always, usually or sometimes .
Ninety percent of the students 1. 90%：__________________________ always use the Internet. __________________________ Eighty percent of the students 2. 85%: __________________________ always watch TV. __________________________ 3. 45%: Forty-five percent of the students ____________________________ usually exercise. ___________________________
4. 10%: Ten percent of the students ____________________________ sometimes use the Internet. _____________________________ Thirteen percent of the students 5. 13%: _____________________________ sometimes watch TV. _____________________________ Two percent of the students 6. 2%: _____________________________ sometimes watch TV. ____________________________
1. We found that only fifteen percent of our students exercise every day. percent 名词，意为“百分之??” e.g. Eighty percent of the students in our class exercise every day. 我们班里80%的学生每天都锻 炼。
【注意】 percent做主语时，谓语动词的数要根据 其后面的名词来确定。 e.g. Fifty percent of the apples are bad. 50%的苹果都坏了。 Twenty percent of the meat is in the fridge. 20%的肉都在冰箱。
2. And t
wenty percent do not exercise at all! not … at all 意为“一点也不”， not应 和be动词、助动词或情态连用。 e.g. The story isn’t interesting at all. 那个故事一点也没有趣。 They didn’t enjoy the vacation at all. 他们根本不喜欢那次旅行。 The old man can’t use the computer at all. 那位老人一点也不会用电脑。
3. Although many students like to watch sports, game shows are the most popular. although 连词，“尽管，虽然；即使” e.g. We went fishing although it was cold. 尽管天气很冷，但是我们还是去钓 鱼了。
注意：although引导的从句不能与but连 用。 尽管他离家很早，但是他还是迟到了。 Although he left home early, but he was late.(×) Although he left home early, he was late. (√)
[中考链接] (2012 成都) My cousin knows a lot about C geography, ______ he is only four years old. A. because B. so C. although
4. …the best way to relax is through exercise. through 介词，课文中意为“以，凭 借” e.g. He found the job through an ad in the newspaper. 他通过报纸上的一个广告找到这份 工作。
[拓展] through 还有“穿过”之意。表示 “从??内部穿过”。 e.g. They went through the forest yesterday. 昨天他们穿过了森林。
5. Exercise such as playing sports is fun… such as 意为“像??这样”，表示列 举。 结构常为：名词+ such as + 例子 e.g. She likes animas such as rabbits and birds. 她喜欢像兔子、小鸟这样的小动 物。
注意：其后面不可列举出所有的事物。 如： 我了解四种语言，例如英语、汉语。 I know four language, such as, English and Chinese. (√) I know four language, such as, English, French, Japanese and Chinese. (×)
6. Old habits die hard. 旧习难改。 这是英语中的一句谚语，表示习惯一 旦养成，并非朝夕即可改变，多用来 描述人们一时难以改变的固有观念及 做法。 e.g. It’s the age of new technology, but my grandpa still goes everywhere with his old radio. Old habits dire hard, you see. 现在都已经是新技术时代了，可我爷爷 仍然到哪儿都带着他的收音机。你瞧， 老习惯可真难改呀。
7. So start exercising before it’s too late! it’s too late 为时太晚；来不及了 e.g. Now you know you’re wrong, but it’s too late. 现在你知道你错了，但是已经太晚 了。
it’s too late与before共同组成从句，表示 “不要等到为时已晚；不要等到来不及 的时候；趁着还来得及 ”。 e.g. You should work harder before it’s too late to catch up. 你应当更加用功，别等到为时过晚而赶 不上了。（你现在用功还赶得上。）
Choose one of these free time 2e activities or think of your own. Then ask your classmates how often they do this activity and make a pie chart.
How often do you play sports? How often do you read books?
1-3 times a week.
How often do you…? Numbers of classmates(总 40) 1-3 times a week 20
4-6 times a week every day
25 % ______ 4-6 times a week
25 ______ % every day
______ % 50 1-3 times a week Play sports
1. 读2b中的短文。 2. 根据2e的调查结果写一个报告。