I’m thirteen years old now. And I will be fifteen years old in two years. 现在我十三岁，两年后我将是十五岁。
1. will + 动词原形 e.g. Books will be on computers.
2. won’t + 动词原形 e.g. Books won’t be on paper.
How will your life be like in 100 years? Can you say any sentences?
People will have robots in their homes. There will be only one country.
People won’t use money. Everything will be free.
Books will only be on computers, not on paper. Kids won’t go to school. They’ll study at home on computers.
People will live to be 200 years old.
How will the world be different in 1a the future, 100 years from now? Read these predictions. Check (√) A (for agree) or D (for disagree).
A A A A A
D 1. People will have robots in their homes. D 2. People won’t use money. Everything will be free. D 3. Books will only be on computers, not on paper. D 4. Kids won’t go to school. They’ll study at home on computers. D 5. There will be only one country. D 6. People will live to be 200 years old.
Listen and circle the predictions you hear.
1. People will have robots in their homes. 2. People won’t use money. Everything will be free. 3. Books will only be on computers, not on paper. 4. Kids won’t go to school. They’ll study at home on computers. 5. There will be only one country. 6. People will live to be 200 years old.
Will people use money in 100 years?
No, they won’t. Everything will be free.
Yes, they will.
Will people live to be 200 years old?
Will kids go to school?
No, they won’t. They’ll study at home on computers.
Yes, there will be only one country.
Will there be only one country?
more trees 可数名词 more + 不可数名词 more water
less meat less + 不可数名词 fewer people fewer + 可数名词
Listen and circle the words you hear.
1. There will be (more/ less/ fewer) people.
2. There will be (more/ less /fewer) free time.
3. There will be (more/ less/ fewer) pollution.
4. There will be (more/ less/ fewer) cars.
5. There will be (more/ less/ fewer) trees.
Listen again. Check (√) the predictions you hear.
______1. There will be fewer people. ______2. There will be less free time. _____ 3. People will use the subways less. _____ 4. There will be more pollution. _____ 5. Cities will be very big and crowed.
Make conversations about the predictions in 2a and 2b. What’s your prediction about the future?
I think there will be more pollution.
Really? I don’t think so. But I think there will be fewer trees.
What’s your prediction about the future?
I think cities will be very big and crowed.
Sure. I agree with you. And I think there will be more pollution.
2d Role-play the conversation.
Nick: What are you reading, Jill? Jill: It’s a book about the future.
Nick: Sounds cool. So
what will the
future be like?
Jill: Well, cities will be more crowded and
polluted. There will be fewer trees and the
environment will be in great danger.
Nick: That sounds bad! Will
we have to move to other
Jill: Maybe. But I want to live
on the earth.
Nick: Me, too. Then what can we do?
Jill: We can use less water and plant more trees.
Everyone should play a part in saving the
play a part in… 是一个固定短语，表示 “参与……；在……中尽自己的一份力 量” e.g. He didn’t play a part in making this decision. 他并没参与做出此决定。
part n. 参加；参与；部分
Role-play the conversation.
What are you reading, Jill? …
It’s a book about the future. …
Unit 7 Will people have robots?
Grammar Focus What will the future be Cities will be more like? polluted. And there will be fewer trees. Will people use money in No, they won’t. Everything 100 years? will be free. Will there be world peace? Yes, I hope so. Kids will study at home on They won’t go to school. computers. Countable nouns Uncountable nouns
There will be more people. There will be more pollution. There will be fewer trees. There will be less free time.
3a Fill in the blanks with more, less or fewer. 1.In the future, there will be _______fresh more water because there will be_______ less pollution in the sea. more 2. In 100 years, there will be_______ cars because there will be ________ people in more the cities.
fewer 3. There will be_______ jobs for people
because_______ robots will do the same jobs more
less 4. I think there will be______ cities because more people will build_______ buildings in the country. 5. In 50 years, people will have ______free less
more time because there will be_____things to do.
3b Complete the predictions with what you think will happen. 1.Kids study at school now. In 100 years,
Kids will study at home on computers ___________________________________
2. I sometimes see blue skies in my city, but
I will often see the blue skies, in the future _______________________
because there will be less pollution. __________________________________
3. People now usually live to be about 70-80 years old, but in the future_____________ People will live to be 200 years old. ____________________________________ 4. Families usually spend time together on weekends, but maybe in 200 years______ ___________________________________ everyday can be weekends , because ___________________________________ they have robots to do everything.
3c Draw a picture of what you think a city in the future will be like. Then describe it to the class. I think there will be more tall buildings, and there will be fewer cars and more buses.
What can you see in this picture?
There will be…将会有
There will be more people. There will be fewer trees. There will be more pollution. There will be more buildings. There will be more cars. There will be less fresh air.
50 years lat
一般将来时—— The simple future tense
1. 概念： （1）表示将要发生的动作或存在的状态。
We will go to see him tomorrow.
我们明天来看他。 （2）表示将来经常或反复发生的动作。 From now on, I will come every day. 从现在起，我每天都来。
肯定句 主语 + will +V原形 否定句 主语 + will +not + V原形 一般疑问句 Will +主语 + V原形 特殊疑问句 特殊疑问词 + 一般疑问句 简略回答 Yes, I will. No, I won’t. (注意缩写形式
3. Will 表示将来时态，其后常跟的时间 状语 tomorrow 明天 next week 下周 next year 明天 before 不久
next month 下个月
the day after tomorrow 后天 the year after next 后年 the week after next 下下周
一般将来时—— The simple future tense
1.There be 的一般将来时，表示：将来存在有
（1）肯定句：there will be… e.g. There will be more people. There will be fewer trees. （2）否定句：there won’t be… e.g. There won’t be more papers. There won’t be more buildings.
2. I think there will be more pollution.
(宾语从句) 某地有某物(表存在) There be 1) 有
某人有某物(表拥有) have / has
2) there be 接词要运用就近(临近)原则 There is a book and two bags. There are two bags and a book.
3. there be 句型的时态变化 一般过去时 There was / were…
一般现在时 There is / are…
一般将来时 There will be…
e.g. There is a book on the table.
There will be more people in this city .
There won’t be rain soon.
--Will there be rain? --Yes, there will. / No, there won’t.
Write each word in the correct 1a column below.
astronaut house apartment train rocket space station computer programmer
Jobs astronaut computer programmer Transportation Places to live train rocket house apartment space station
An astronaut lives in a space station. He goes to work by rockets. A programmer lives in an apartment. He goes to work by subway.
A farmer lives in a house. He walks to the farm.
An engineer lives in an apartment. He goes to work by car.
Listen to Alexis and Joe. Number the pictures [1-3].
1d Listen again. Fill in the blanks with the
correct verbs in the box.
am, live, work, lived, took, will be, will live, will fly
1. I _____ in an apartment across the live street from here. 2. I work near here. _____ 3. I am a computer programmer. ____ lived 4. We _______ in a house in the country.
am, live, work, lived, took, will be, will live, will fly took 5. I _____ the train to school. will be 6. I ______ an astronaut. will fly 7. I _______ rockets to the moon. 8. I ________ on a space station. will live
Student A is Alexis and Student B is Joe. Talk about Joe’s life now, 10 years ago and 10 years from now.
I live in an apartment.
Where do you live?
I lived in a house in the country.
Where did you live ten years ago?
I will live in the space station.
Where will you live in ten years?
Tell your partner what you know 2a about robots. What do they look like and what can they do? Really? What do I think there will they look like? be more robots in the future.
I think they look like humans. They can do anything men can do.
4. dangerous adj. 有危险的；不安全的 名词danger +后缀ous → dangerous e.g. Some animals are in great danger. 一些动物处于极大的危险中。 Lions are dangerous animals. 狮子是危险的动物。
5. factory n. 工厂 e.g. There will be more factories in the future. 将来会有更多的工厂。 6. fall v. (fell/ fel/) 倒塌；跌倒；掉落 fall down 突然倒下；跌倒；倒塌 e.g. The house might fall down in a few months. 几个月内这所房屋也许就会 倒塌。
7. disagree v. 不同意 ；持不同意见； 有分歧 前缀(dis) + agree (同意)→disagree
e.g. My father agrees, but my mother disagrees. 我爸爸同意，但我妈妈不同意。
8. believe v. 相信；认为有可能 believe sb. 相信某人说的话 believe + that 从句
e.g. I believe that you can finish the work on time. 我相信你会按时完成工作。
9. shape n. 形状 e.g. What is the shape of your kite? 你的风筝是什么形状的？ 10. hundreds of 许多；大量= lots of e.g. There are hundreds of flags in front of the building. 在那个高楼前有很多旗帜。 【辨析】 具体数字+ hundred 如：three hundred 三百
11. over and over again 反复地；多次 还可以说over and over e.g. They sang the song over and over. 他们反复地唱那首歌。 He called over and over again but nobody answered. 他多次打电话但没有人接。
12. possible adj. 可能的；可能存在或发生 (前缀)im+ possible →impossible 不可能的 e.g. Do you think it’s possible to beat them? 你认为战胜他们有可能吗? To cross this river seems impossible. 穿过这条河中似乎不可能。
What can robots do?
What do the robots look like?
Read the article and match each paragraph with the question it discusses.
Para.1 Para.2 Para.3 Para.4
Will robots think like humans in the future? What will robots be like in the future? What can robots do today? What are robots like in movies?
Read the article again quickly. Complete the sentences about what robots can do now.
1. Robots can build ____ in factories. cars simple 2. They can do _______ jobs many times and never get bored. 3. Some can _________ and walk _____________. dance look for 4. Some can help _______ people under ___________. the buildings
Fill in the blanks in this paragraph with words from the article.
指导： ? 此类短文填空题，考查同学们全面掌握 短文内容，以及综合运用语言的能力。 ? 首先，应将通读本段文字，掌握大意。 可知在短文中列举了科学家们的两种观 点。 ? 然后，根据2b中短文的内容填空。
Some robots are very human-like. They danc
e can walk and ______ like people. Some scientists think that in the future they will _______ robots more like humans. make This may not come true in the near _________ future, but at some point, robots will even be able to ______ like people. talk disagree However, some scientists _________.
James White believes that robots will not be able to do the ________ things same as we can. For example, he thinks that robots will ______ be able to wake up not and know where they are. Which side agree do you ________ with?
What kind of animals might robots look like in the future? What do 2e you think these robots will be able to do? Write your ideas and discuss them with your partner.
I think some future robots might look like spiders. They will be able to help us clean the window, sweep the floor. Some robots might look like snakes. They will be able to help look for people under the buildings. If buildings fall down with people inside.
Some robots will be look like people. They will be able to sing, dance and talk with us.
They will also be able to sever us. They can make dinner, do the dishes and cook coffee for us. Some robots might look like big arms. They will be able to work in factories. They can help make cars and do simple jobs over and over again.
Today there are already robots working in factories. 现在已经有机器人在工厂里干活了。 此句中的working in factories的逻辑主语是 robots，但是在这个there be句型中，谓语动词 已经有了are，所以work就不能再作本句的谓 语动词，而应用-ing形式。这一点在学习和使 用there be句型时需要特别注意。
Read Jill's answer to the question"what will your life be like in the future ?"Fill in the blanks with the words in the box.
meet work live look more less fewer take keep wear
In 20 years, I think I’ll be a newspaper reporter. I’ll _____ in Shanghai, because live there will be ______ jobs in that city. As a more reporter, I think I will _____ lots of meet interesting people, so I’ll have more friends. I’ll have _____ pets, though, keep because I’ll have fewer free time. And my _____ apartment will be no good for pets because it’ll be too small.
keep So I’ll probably just ____ a bird. During the week, I’ll wear smart clothes. On the _____ weekend, I’ll _____ less smart but I’ll be look more comfortable. In the future, people will _____ more so they’ll probably have work fewer vacations, but I think I’ll _____ a take holiday in HongKong when possible. One day I’ll even go to Australia.
1. live: 由下文“在那座城市里有更多的工 作”，可知本空填live“居住”一词。 2. more: 空格前是be动词，空格后为jobs这一 名词，可知前面应用一形容词来修饰，由句 意及常识可知应 填more （大都市就业机会 多）。
3. meet: 空格前为情态动词will，空格后为名 词people，可知本空应填动词meet 会见。 句意“作为一名记者，
4. fewer: 由下文“并且我的公寓将会对养 宠物没好处因为它太小了。”，可知我 将有“更少的”宠物，故本空应填 fewer一词。 5. less: 由下文文意为“不适合养宠物” 且空格后的free time是不可数名词，可 知空格处应用less一词。 6. keep: 上文描述的是养宠物的事，因此 本空应填keep“养”之意。
7. wear: 空格后有名词clothes，可知空格 处应为动词wear“穿”。 8. look: 空格前是主语I’ll，空格后为形容 词smart，故本空格为连系动词look。
9. work: 由下文“因此他们将可能有更 少假期”，可知本空填work“工作” 一词。 10. take: take a holiday为固定搭配，句意
Complete the chart about your life 20 years from now. You can add more items.
What will your…be like?
job home free time activities neighborhood
in an apartment keep some plants near a park
Write about your life 20 years from now. Use 3a and 3b to help you.
___________________________________ ___________________________________ ___________________________________
fly up into the sky.
Mom: You’re already beautiful. And you should study hard. Then you _____ be a pilot. will Girl: OK. I must study harder then. Mom: But you should also remember that ______ will ____both good there be and bad things in life. Girl: Oh, I’m not scared, Mom, because you ______ help me! will
1. be: like在本句中是介词，意为“像”， 因此本句中缺少be动词，句中有情态 动词will，故应用be动词的原形。
2. like: 句意“没有人知道将来会是怎么 样？”本句缺少介词，故用like。 3. will, Will: 句意“我会像你一样漂亮吗？ 我会成为一名飞行员吗？”用一般将来 时。
4. will: 空格后是be动词原形，故应用情 态动词will。 5. there, be: 句意“但是你应当明白生活 中既有好的也会有坏的事情”，本句 为there be句型的一般将来时态。 6. will: 因为你将会帮助我。也是一 般将来时态。
1. 背诵3a中的短文。 2. 整理一下自己课堂上所写的短文， 并进行修改，将作文写在作业本上。